Discussion Child in Chinese's Novels

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by roseqanne, Mar 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roseqanne

roseqanne Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I just realize, there is a lots novels with theme suddenly transmigrate or reborn with child. The child is just 5 or 7 years old but s/he looks so mature even her/his word's like wow? so genius?

And there is also novels with theme a big gap age for male lead with female lead, mostly 10 or 11 years gap. But I suddenly confused when male lead treat female lead like a 3 years old child?? She is 12 or maybe 13, and male lead hold her up or carry her then female lead acting like like 3 years old baby?

Another way, the ancient theme. 14 years old already marriage, the damn why 12 years old getting treat like a baby in big gap age theme.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most CNs feature precocious children or adults transmigrated into childrens' bodies. And there is certainly no shortage of complaints about that. But while readers love to complain about it, I doubt many readers would find children depicted as actual children truly appealing as I have seen too many readers complain when a child is being unreasonable, even though the child is just being a child— it's a no-win situation.

Doesn't help that most authors can't (or hesitate to) write believable children.

XiaoFanTuan, Gitami, nyamachi and 2 others like this.
  3. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    As a person who hates these hellspawns, I am kind of glad sometimes the MC is mature to be a mature child, yet I also like it when MC uses their child status to do something like a child to get what they want.

There are so many people reading and everyone is everchanging in views, so all I can say is I don't care about the thoughts of others unless they detrimentally affect my experience.

Ps. I tried to recall how I was acting as a child as I wrote some fanfic, if I could, I will grab the little mfucker and slap his ass until the two cheeks turn into eight.

4. lazilygrinningcat

lazilygrinningcat Cookie Thief

Reading List:
    Link
    There are always people like those who treat you like a child or an adult when it's convenient for them. As for 14-year old being married...... Well, I'm sad to say this, but I heard such things do indeed happen in real life. Heck, I just learnt of this from a google search, but Mary, Jesus' mother from the bible, was apparently 12-14 y/o when she married Joseph (I still think this guy is NTRd).

XiaoFanTuan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.