Resolved Password protect but still link to NU

Discussion in 'Translator's Corner' started by m__a, Mar 29, 2021.

1. m__a

m__a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!
    Recently we had a problem of one of our KN projects being stolen and posted on aggreagators site.
    I know it's something normal and there are a few novels who get to stay safe from this. But I'm really enraged.

Also, because it's a KN novel, and the fact that it is being published somewhere else than where it's supposed to be, really exposes us.

We had been thinking of implementing password protection to future chapters, however, we know that NU doesn't link to these sites. But we're really worried about being exposed.

We had some initial ideas, one of them being, publishing first 5 chapters with no password, but later pw protecting them. And as they would probably not get linked in here, we thought of publishing one of them (example: chapter 20) with no pw, this way we would still have the project as ours.

Do you have any idea as to what we can do?

Thanks!!

hngyxn likes this.
  2. LiLi041

LiLi041 【Lucky RNG Halo】【Eternal Townie】

Reading List:
    Link
    I think having passwords was okay?

I've seen some translators lock their chapters behind a password (but they had the password in public), and their releases are still being uploaded to NU.

See example here: https://ofloat.wordpress.com/2021/02/18/post-ymyatyts-chapter-60-part-1/

I think NU only prevents paywalls? :blobpeek:

As long as you're not making your readers pay to access the chapters, a password is fine~

hngyxn and riririn like this.
  3. m__a

m__a Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ohhhhhhhhh is that it?
    Thank you! I was worried we wouldn't be able to link!

hngyxn likes this.
  4. riririn

riririn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From the policy for adding releases:

c.decora, hngyxn and LiLi041 like this.