Recommendations Blatant wish fulfilment power fantasy

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Grand_Rider_Iskandar, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Grand_Rider_Iskandar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm bored so I'm just looking for web novel junk food to sobI can just turn off my brain while reading. Anything goes as long as:
    • Male protagonist
    • NOT that brain dead MC, characters, and plot
    • NO yaoi/BL
    • Fanfics are fine
    • Smut are welcomed as long as it used metaphors during sex scenes as little as possible. Seriously, Dragon Blood Warrior felt like it was written by a kid because of this.
    • NO EDGY MCs. Or better yet, make those "cool" and "edgy" MCs go to a therapist.
    • Evil MCs are fine within reason. Evil for the sake of evil is stupid.
    • The story is neither too fast or too slow.
    • As little word padding/uneccessary info dump as possible
    • If it's JP, please none of those cardboard cutout MCs. They're boring as fuck. Seriously, it's just the same characters with different names and settings.
    Also, please give the basic plot thanks.​

Toralk likes this.
  2. Teadragon

Teadragon Book Wyrm

Reading List:
    Link
    The Daily Life of the Immortal King
    —Super OP protagonist who has to deal with issues like not destroying the block when he sneezes. His goal is to go to school without standing out. It is basically an impossible goal. ;-)

Star Rank Hunter
    —Smart MC who is quietly (not in your face about it) overpowered. Except for that time he wiped out every single human on a planet after they pissed him off...

3. Lord Sith Lego

Lord Sith Lego Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Blatant wish fulfillment power fantasy" and yet no edgy mcs and brain dead mc. Look here buddy, you are looking for the impossible

Exalted likes this.
  5. Toralk

Toralk Certified Grouch

Reading List:
    Link
    Summoning the Holy Sword
    Reborn in a game world (that turned out to be a real fantasy world) type story. Eventually he becomes something similar to a god of that world with a huge harem, but it takes a thousand chapters getting there. Way better pacing than most wish fulfillment. He starts out fairly strong, but hardly a powerhouse, and has to work up from there. Though the harem gets overlarge at the end, they were all introduced one by one with time to actually get to know them as characters.

Shades of grey
    Star Wars self-insert where Star Wars nerd uses his encyclopedic knowledge to become Emperor of the galaxy.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  6. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webtoon: Mercenary Enrollment
    Kid in plane crash with his parents is the only one to live, becomes mercenary to survive.
    Gets back home ~19 years old, has inexhaustible stamina and unmatched fighting skill; solves problems himself without relying on old connections.
    Ex: His sister is being bullied in school, he fixes it within a few days.
    His old mercenary group isn't even really a factor in the story, they're more backstory. I think he contacted his old leader once so far just to give him the number to his new phone.
    I wouldn't say he's brain dead or super dense, just stoic deadpan 99% of the time.

On second thought, this probably doesn't fall under "blatant wish fulfillment" as MC just wants to be a normal person but doesn't understand what "normal" is. Doesn't run around collecting waifus or lording his power over everyone.

This probably fits better: (scribblehub link) Reborn as Batman’s Little Brother
    I only read 20 chapters and MC is basically god and so far has 3 or 4 big name DC girls as harem members.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  7. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try the Library of Heaven's Path.

It's pure face-slapping but I like it.

8. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    Eh, I stopped around c1000. It's basically just MC creates problem, MC fixes the problem, MC looks awesome because of it. He doesn't even teach his students properly. Best teacher my ass

The entire story is just a device to show how awesome the MC is.

But yeah it surely fits my request.

9. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I stopped in the arc where he had the potion/alchemy exams so you got further than I did. :coffee:

10. Grand_Rider_Iskandar

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow that's very early into the story.

linmeili likes this.
  11. linmeili

linmeili Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get bored easily.