Japanese You are a villager, not a brave man

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by sjmcc13, Mar 29, 2021.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: "You are a villager, not a brave man." Occupation lender "Job Lender" - I was banished by the power harassment brave men, so I will ask them to return all the jobs I lent. It's too late even if I'm crying when I realize that I'm out of profession and lend it!
    Raw Link: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n0166gv/
    NU Link: N/A
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: It is your standard unappreciated support character gets booted story, except the MC is OP form the start, he knows it. In fact everyone knows it. The bloody King of their nation (and princess who might have a thing for the MC, and knew him before they formed the party) knows it and even directly told the party to NEVER give MC the boot, including stating exactly why. (Ch 1 starts with the King sending the party off on their journey, and extremely clearly telling them why to never separate from the MC).

The party after getting over confident in their abilities, and resentful that the MC never takes part in any fights, convinces themselves that they had their jobs naturally and the MC's job was all a lie the MC told so he could force his was into the party and eventually the princesses bedroom. Believing as such, they give the MC the boot, over his objections, and leave to seek glory, well failure.

MC then starts a journey of saving the day starting with the kingdom they originally hailed from, which is under attack from a large force of Demons, and picks of the princess as a permanent companion due to a technically of how his job works (He gives her a job to help with the situation, they do something to repel the demons but it only works as long as she keeps the job, if she goes more then 100 Meters from him, her job will be reset to her original job).

Description: "Thor. You're aware? We don't need a porter to do nothing at the strongest hero party." A

world where you can be given a vocation at the age of 15. Five of us, our childhood friends, have decided to leave as a brave party.
    I was given a vocation to lend a profession called "Job Render". The truth is that they were only given out-of-the-box professions.

I lend a cheat profession to four childhood friends.

"Job Render" had a usage limit of up to four people. I'm lending a profession to four people, so I'm helpless. I had no choice but to carry luggage (porter) for the party.

Repeated winning streak of brave party who got cheat profession.
    Do that yourself ...

Guide1410 and Reack like this.
  2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    The story feels generic, but what I am actually impressed is how shameless the fake hero is, alongside his three stooges. After knowing they are at fault and that they have trash vocations, their current plan is to run to Thor and have him join back as the porter... like WTF?! You have nothing to offer and you all said mean things to chase him out and now you all just plan a simple sorry and have him give you OP classes again??? Also, why the king did not do a demonstration of his power to proof that the four are the baggages BEFORE THEY LEAVE FOR QUESTS?

Guide1410 likes this.
  3. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For their plan, Thor is not expendable/replicable, they are. How do you expect to succeed when he could have likely replaced you in a day. Seriously all he would have to do is go back to the King from ch 1, ask for 4 knights and presto a superior Hero party is formed. I only looked a few chapters in right now, but I would expect the slots to be filled long before they came to accept reality if MC cares about saving the world or whatever their goal was.

As to the King, I think he was under the impression that they were well aware their classes had been replaced, and likely their original classes as well, so no demonstration would be needed. Based on ch. 1 MC seemed to know their real jobs, so they should have known as well. Plus I assume that the King would have taken steps to verify everyone's class, and they should have as well which would counter their "it is a lie" reasoning.

Guide1410 likes this.
  4. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I read and skipped because I hate MTL, it feels like the four are morons. Absolute tosspots to even have the conversation of kicking out the guy who grants you your powers. In the latest chapter, they know they are expendable. Though what their method of reconciling is what baffles me. They plan to just say sorry and have Thor following them like a good porter while they continue on with their hero dream. W. T. F.

Guide1410 likes this.
  5. Tita von Deeznuts

Tita von Deeznuts Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That is an atrocious MTL of the title. Try something like this instead:
    Job Lender: "You’re a Villager, Not a Hero" ~ I’m Taking My Jobs Back Since the Harassing Heroes Kicked Me Out. When They Realize They’re Nobodies, It’ll Be Too Late to Beg Me to Lend Them Again!

Edit: Changed tense to match what the character actually says in the story.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    Guide1410 likes this.