Recommendations Female MC who lead a sect/business/organization/country and have full authority

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Duckfero, Feb 19, 2021.

1. ToastedRossi

ToastedRossi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's her company. She moves out and creates the company and it's some time before her husband even finds out about it. It's technically his money hence why she's trying to lose it all, but it all comes from his IT company and she'd be entitled to a big chunk since she used to manage it for him early on.

The rest of the world has no idea who she is because she keeps a low profile. I'd say that she is pretty smart even though her plans keep on backfiring. What's the bigger deal though is that she shows a lot of heart and she's willing to put her faith in people who have aspiring ideas but look like money losing projects. Some of them look pretty good; to the point that they'd be worth watching if someone were to make them for real.

The male love interest is just one among her many subordinates.

nicomcla1995 and Duckfero like this.
  2. Alvastar

Alvastar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't usually recommend novels which mainly need to be MTL'd, but I've been binging this one for the past few days and find it's hard to put down. Retired Villainess Transmigrates into a Cannon Fodder is a different spin on quick-transmigration in that she doesn't have a system, just an immortal artifact that can shift her soul to different worlds once a life is over. So, she does a bit of everything if it amuses her. Mainly, she's in the business and entertainment industries, but she does some others as well like writing novels and comics. One arc explored the pit of being an idol chaser and was quite funny. Basically, it's a parody of some very common tropes and even entire novels that if you pay attention then you might see some similarities of other translated novels on NU.

3. Omnijack

Omnijack Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I Reincarnated as a Noble Girl Villainess But Why Did It Turn Out This Way? Is pretty good, although it hasn't updated in a while. The main character is the leader of her country from the start and is extremely capable through a ton of hard work instead of being naturally OP. Too busy for romance and isn't great at delegating so she's typically taking care of everything herself.

4. Duckfero

Duckfero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the informations, it sounds quite interesting! I will try it!

It sounds quite interesting! I'm not too much into quick-transmigration because when we finally understand "who are who" and "what's the situation", the MC already leave the world. :/
    I think I will put it in my "read later" list and wait for more translated chapter to come! I'm fine with MTL, but I prefere to have at least 40-50 translated chapter to properly understand what's the story about.

I found this novel a lot of times when I was searching for something to read, but I never started because some review said that it's very slow and there is too much drama and sad moments (which is not my cup of tea, I like when it's a smooth path). However, I didn't know that she was leading a country from the start, I thought that she was just a regular knight after reading some review. :O
    Can you give me more information about the "leading" part and her abilities? Does she become very strong? Is she clever and badass? Is she stronger or more successfull than other people at her age? Is there a ML who save her in every situation?

5. Neyh

Neyh Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the recommendations, was searching for something along these lines aswell

Duckfero likes this.
  6. Omnijack

Omnijack Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It is Absolutely a drama fest, especially at the beginning while she's still pretty weak. She starts the story as the daughter of the viscount and poisons their dinner while she's still an infant (it's not a spoiler, it's like the first couple paragraphs). The guilt she feels for the act and the guilt she inherited from her family being absolute monsters drives her to an unhealthy obsession with redeeming herself by fixing her failing country and taking care of her citizens. She starts as a regular child while a guardian manages the country while she devotes herself in her entirety to studying and training. She becomes clever, and seen as badass by other people even though she's pretty depressed/self-depreciating. She takes over control of the country at a fairly young age so she's absolutely more successful than her peers who aren't running countries. She's also considerably more competent in a fight, not necessarily "stronger" - no magical strength, but she's experienced, been at the frontlines of war and she can win against people much bigger than she is. There is no ML. She has a few friends she has help her out sometimes, but she tries to do everything herself and succeeds, generally at great cost to her own personal mental/physical health.

It is a an absolute struggle for her to rise up. It's a hard path for her, but she succeeds by continuously getting better and moving forward. After she cements her authority and builds up some allies and assistants, things smooth out a lot for her. Where the story currently left off there's still lots of work for her to do, there's still drama and problems for her to deal with, but she's in a comfortable position to handle whatever happens and she can finally deal with things that are a lot less disastrous/pressing.

Again, there's no ML, it's all Eliza Kaldia. In all her depressed glory.

7. HMM1990

HMM1990 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you don't mind non-human mc, I really recommend :

Kumo Desu Ga Nani Ka @ So I'm a Spider So What

It seriously has one of the coolest female mc to date. Not only the mc, the other female characters are also great. Several of these female characters hold really important position in their respective nations. Our mc (after a certain point) and secondary female mc hold an especially important positions to the point that whatever they do directly impact the whole world. Give it a try, I really recommend it.

p/s : this series didn't have much romance in it. It's more towards adventure + politics + mystery

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
  8. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No one has recommended Youjo Senki!?
    she was permitted & created her own special force battalion. Last on the movie she was even given her own Kampfgruppe to lead (German, link to Wiki, not sure what's the ENG word for it)

9. jasonrio

jasonrio New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I have read around 80 chapters of "Reigne of the Hunters"

10. Duckfero

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, you make me want to read it now xD I'm not against those very hardworking MC who struggle as long as they use everything in their power and without plothole.

I have read until chapter 199 but then I dropped it. I was quite disappointed cause I thought it would be some kind of kingdom building with strong subordinates, but so far there is nothing about that. We got almost 150 chapters of farming inside the dungeon and then running away from a super OP demon queen. The thing I liked the most was when people thought she was a goddess xD, but it only lasted 5 chapters.
    The battles are very well written though!

I have seen the anime (season 1), so unless the novel is very different or there is a lot more content, then I don't think I will go for the novel.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the suggestion!!! Please give me some more if you know :p
    I will also add some of them in the first list when I have time (there is a few of them that I didn't add yet).

11. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to burst your bubble
    Unfortunately, the (free) translation of Youjo was cut-off on the beginning of vol 2. Better following the manga or bought them from Amazon and/or ebay

12. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    nicomcla1995 likes this.
  13. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Supreme soaring immortal - mtl, fmc very cunning, very hardworking, at some point she creates and conquers sects, empires and whatnot and ABSOLUTELY no romance.
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/quickly-through-after-the-mission-is-completed.119582/
    Fmc but she also takes missions as a male and many words in a row at that and she doesn't seem to care all that much, so I guess she was originally female but became a genderless soul-like entity(?) that possesses the bodies of sentient creatures. She learns constantly and she constantly grows stronger and wiser, her ability to manipulate people and her knowledge being extremely vast by the end. There are lots of missions where she is in a position of power. No romance.
    Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record of Counterattacks
    Mc grows stronger slowly, over time. She often gets in tough situations and most of the novel there are higher ups far more powerful than her to oppress her, but she's no weakling at all. She happens to occupy several leader positions in missions but prefers to be an independent entity outside them (as much as her circumstances allow her) no romance
    The ancestor of our sect isn't acting like an elder - a weirdly wise but silly loli (who used to be a man though), the strongest ancestor of a cultivation sect. The story is great, check it out. Maybe romance, in far far future and lots of teases.
    Apotheosis of a demon - don't know if it counts as a leadership position
    Strategy to become good at magic - mc leads lots of things, starting from small businesses to entire races. Unfortunately, has romance, but it's very quiet and not too annoying
    My Master Disconnected Yet Again - so op she can probably destroy the world with a punch mc leads a sect(acts as a figurehead, leaving the bothersome things to her father nui and her simp-apprentice love-interest) romance, and it's kinda annoying, but the story is good

Duckfero likes this.
  14. Duckfero

Reading List:
    Link
    - I have already read "Miracle pill maker bullies the boss", but I think I dropped around chapter 100. The MC is indeed very strong and has some supernatural power in the modern world, so it was quite enjoyable, but I was bored because no one know about her identities and it's not like she needs this identity since her parents are hidden boss aswell.
    - For "rebirth of the craziest female student", I didn't read it yet and it does sounds interesting. I'm just a bit afraid that the ML carry the FL because some review said that the ML is a lot stronger than FL. Does she lead anything? Is she getting protected and helped by the ML all the time?

- For "supreme soaring immortal", it does sounds very interesting from the synopsis and the reviews! I'm just a bit afraid of the number of chapters (4000+) because it usually is very slow and it usually take 1000+ chapters for the FL to be somewhat very strong. Is she getting strong fast? (in the first 50/100 chapters)
    - "Quickly thourgh after the mission is completed" : It sounds interesting, I just hope she is rarely in a male body. I will check it out anyway!
    - "Quick Transmigration Cannon Fodder’s Record of Counterattacks" : Sound interesting, but I'm not a fan of quick transmigration because the MC change world too fast and they usually can't when they finally become successfull, they change world again :/
    - "The ancestor of our sect isn't acting like an elder": It sounds extremely interesting! I will read it for sure! From the synopsis and review, it sounds like exactly what i'm looking for!
    - "Apotheosis of a demon": I have read it and completed it, it was very good! Although she is technically not the 'leader' of anything, there are many people who support her and want to be her subordinate, even though she wants to acts alone lol. There is million of people supporting her and almost worshipping her, even though she is basically the ennemy of the world, and I liked it!
    - "Strategy to become good at magic": I have it in my 'read list' and I remember reading about 50 chapters, but I don't remember at all what it's about and why I dropped it, so I will reread it again! It sounds interesting though. I'm not against romance as long as the ML doesn't carry the FL, so don't worry.
    - "My Master Disconnected Yet Again": I have read the webtoon and it was okay. There is a bit too much comedy and nothing is serious, so I was a bit bored. And the MC doesn't know anything and is quite stupid (in a funny way like falling asleep during a fight but still beating the opponent).

Thanks for the suggestion! Don't hesitate if you have more of them!

nicomcla1995 likes this.
  15. nanininanamin

nanininanamin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OMG YOU KNOW A LOT. I WAS ALSO LOOKING FOR STORIES LIKE THIS SO THANK YOU!

Duckfero likes this.
  16. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Sure, but it's my own choice to whether dislike a novel/author or not, you don't get to tell me that. A personal opinion wouldn't be called personal if it's meant to mislead others; It's purely subjective. I'm not really "calling out" a specific author— the keyword here is "example". In my statement I only took North Night as an example which means that there are other novels written by different authors that had a similar occurence.

17. Dedee567

Dedee567 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for sharing this thread!

Duckfero likes this.
  18. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/16946/azarinth-healer - eventually, the MC has enough wealth to own more than half of the businesses at the city she settled in, along with significant footholds at a couple of other cities. She started a organization to promote and train freelance healers. While she has others handling the day to day operations, she's the financier and muscle representing it. Speaking of strength, there are bards singing about her public displays of battle prowess, so leaders of Kingdoms and Empires won't mess with her overtly.

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/14167/metaworld-chronicles - second chance, female MC wakes up in an alternate history, magic modern world. Major story arcs are set in Sidney, Shanghai, and London, along with excursions to other locales. Due to a fortuitous situation, a primordial entity accepts the MC as a vessel for it. Shanghai has the university and tournament arcs where the MC gets her power ups. Also business empire building starts in Shanghai and the MC going big in London. The MC is in a business partnership with a dragon where she's allowed to use his hoard to engage in ventures to increase his wealth. London's military ranks her as a War Mage capable of purging regions solo.

Magical Forest, Duckfero and Silerus like this.
  19. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice topic opener! I even favored it in my navigator list!

Btw, i suggest some changes in part of your OP. Everyone knows that by typing the right worlds on google you can find many things, but there are some truths that should be know, but not spoken.

This thread is a master piece and i would be sad if somehow the devs block it.

obs: I already copied the suggestions to a notepad, but future onlookers could benefit from this thread.

Duckfero likes this.
  20. Duckfero

Reading List:
    Link
    I have already read "Azarinth Healer" and it was quite good! I dropped it around chapter 80 though but I don't remember why. So far, what you said about it didn't happen so I suppose it happens around chapter 200-300, so I might start happen just to see that happen :D.
    For "Metaworld Chronicles", I have already found the title a lot of time but I somehow never started it. The synopsis sounds good though, I think I will try it, but I'm a bit afraid that it takes forever for her to be stronger than average or OP.

I'm glad that you like my list :p
    I understand what you mean, I didn't think about that. I'm gonna edit it and remove the 1-2 problematic sentences.