Spoiler The Great Wish

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Clars, Sep 16, 2019.

1. knightsky_gur

knightsky_gur Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When you say the epilogue was the ending of the dream sienna, in which a possible future was averted, is it kind of like a timeline that closed or ended?

sorry i just had a hard time understanding but you're learning to our sienna (the mainstory sienna) being not a dream but reality yes?

2. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobokhand:
    Yes. Our sienna is a reality. Maybe an example will help in my explanation.

Let's say our sienna is in world 1. Many say that our sienna might be a dream or a sienna from another world. I think that both dream sienna and our sienna are the same person from the same world. Dream sienna has to occur form our sienna to happen. Like how someone goes back in Time. Dream sienna makes a wish to have a last dream but when she wakes up she doesn't remember anything. God, I believe sent that dream to her past self aka her adolescence. This caused a butterfly effect where our sienna acts on the dream and changes her future. Thus, dream sienna never comes to exist. There is actually only 1 world and 1 universe and no multiverse.

Basically, what I am saying is that God didn't simply snap his fingers and made everything right but instead gave prophecies/dreams to sienna. She with her own two hands then changed her future for the better while the main events that was supposed to happen still occurred without it causing her harm in any way. Did you understand now?

Pompina, shashasha, QwQ and 4 others like this.
  3. knightsky_gur

knightsky_gur Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeaaa i get it and I defeintelyl think your theory is right...

i think god saying like oh just so you know I cant make these dreams come true was probs a warning to our sienna that like you better watch urself cuz this gonna be u in the future and ur gonna regret it and u won't be able to change it

Khadz likes this.
  4. Pragya._

Pragya._ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I read spoilers about the epilogue. It was all a dream wtf!! :cry::cry::cry: plus she can't even remember the dream she had but all she did was cry:cry::cry:

cometothedarkside97 likes this.
  5. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Read the previous comments. We were discussing and analyzing the epilogue.

6. Aron Dare

Aron Dare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey I just started reading the manga, and was reading the comments underneath the latest chapters.....it said something about fatima being the ml's lover? I'm on my way to read the spoilers so I don't really know who Fatima is....but I was really apprehensive after reading that comment. It'll be better for my mental health if it is clarified how she is related to the ML, so that I can stop agonising over it lol

7. blnk_spce

blnk_spce Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I edited this post, and somehow deleted most of the spoiler so I had to re-add. haha :facepalm:

Fatima is Kuhn's lover in the previous timeline, but not much is said about how close they were or the extent of their relationship. Sienna only knows because Kuhn mentions her name when they talk about how Sienna's mom caused a bunch of people around Kuhn to die including Fatima. He doesn't blame Sienna for any of this, but he still resents her and the R/Limones for everything they've done. Remember, in this timeline, Kuhn didn't get to know Sienna. Remember on her birthday, she acted angrily when the emperor gave Dian a "king" designation too; Kuhn was probably there. In other words, Kuhn did not have a good impression of her, and there was also no opportunity to develop feelings.

EDIT: Kuhn and Sienna met for the first time at Dian's wedding, so in the present timeline, they met an entire year earlier than they were supposed to.

Fatima was the princess of the tribe currently ruling the desert, and she is also very beautiful. Kuhn had a working relationship with her and her tribe. She had a crush on Kuhn, and since she was together with him (and didn't have to compete with Sienna), it was sort of natural they got together. Their relationship was probably also a benefit because Kuhn was a key figure in the desert, and being with Fatima helped tame the power struggles between the tribes of the desert. I think she also used this as one of the reasons why he should be with her in the present timeline too. She offers him the position of being with her to become "king." In the past, Kuhn was all about getting his people the land they deserve to settle, so being "king" of the desert = more power for the Raad clan.

In this timeline Kuhn is all about Sienna. There is literally no room for Fatima. Fatima always felt like she was beautiful, but when she saw Sienna, it was the first time in her life she felt lesser than someone. Sienna does get insecure at first about their relationship, but eventually, decides she won't let Kuhn go and sort of warns Fatima to back off. Fatima even confesses to Kuhn (this has already happened in the manhwa), but she is rejected promptly. Kuhn then goes out of his way to show he is courting Sienna (with the flowers), and Fatima sees she really has no chance.

Fatima is given an opportunity, by Sienna's mom, to interfere and force Kuhn to be with her. HOWEVER, she actually tells Sienna about her mom's plans allowing Sienna to interfere and save Kuhn. Fatima and Sienna become good allies later on, and Fatima helps Sienna when Sienna visits the desert as an envoy of the empire. Fatima, in this life, gets a happy ending! She survives and gets married to a man from another tribe in the desert.

Finally, it has already been mentioned, but there's a special stone Kuhn's father gifted his mother. Kuhn gives this stone to Sienna before he leaves for the desert in the current timeline. In the previous timeline, he also gives her this stone. I think this sort of signifies that Sienna is THE ONE in his heart in both timelines. The short summary is that: after they get married in timeline 1, Kuhn and Sienna live away from the empire for a little while. They develop feelings. Although their bond is not as strong as it is in the current timeline, Kuhn believed he could be happy with her that is... until her mother kills Dian, and Sienna divorces Kuhn to rule the empire. :blobpopcorn_two:

Sorry the spoiler is a little long. I hope this helps explain the situation with Fatima a little better. I read this MTL a while back, so there may be some inaccuracies.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  8. Aron Dare

Aron Dare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for all this hard work!!!! You're a lovely person:justabotheart:
    And W O W ! That's actually.....pretty realistic..... you're naturally going to get along with a person whom you spend time with. But I'm still happy to know that Kuhn didn't have anyone else in his heart, except Sienna, irrespective of any timeline:blob_pompom:

blnk_spce likes this.
  9. Arha

Arha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was getting super salty about the ending until someone pointed out that essentially
    the ending is less "The story was all a dream" but rather "Our Sienna gets her happy ending because she saw Bad Future Sienna's mistakes and Bad Future Sienna gets to look at the AU our Sienna is from and see that yes, things could have worked out.

Was gonna drop the manhwa until I realized that.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    mmem, pandamaci91, shashasha and 10 others like this.
  10. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    isn't this novel similar to Lucia? they change their future Through dreams.

11. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well they do have the same author so we can see similarities.

12. Khadz

Khadz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I heard its from same author

13. dreams28281

dreams28281 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so you're telling me this is all just a dream? what the hell....... or is it that its an alternative reality

14. LaSyJd

LaSyJd Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sienna does dream about another Sienna, but the whole plot is not Sienna's dream :blobokhand:

shashasha and manvugu like this.
  15. snowboardsiren

snowboardsiren New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am such a huge fan of the author's work - I read Lucia twice, so I was searching for another story written by the author. After reading through all the spoilers on the pages, and catching up with the manhwa and the translated chapters.. I found there is no active translator for the novel anymore and the manhwa is moving so slowly while the book is complete already... :( I decided to buy all 7 chapters + side story on Google books and used MTL to read since I cannot read Korean.

I just joined to point out a few things that I interpreted differently than the earlier spoilers. This book is DEFINITELY not a tragedy and has a very happy ending in the novel which I will share below..

Similar to Lucia, the book has 2 alternate realities. I disagree with the interpretation that the story is just Original Sienna dreaming about an improved reality and it's 6 volumes of dreams. I was a little worried this was a tragedy based on those spoilers. Based on my reading and interpretation, I don't think that was the author's intention which I'll explain below

Alternate reality #1: Original Future Sienna -- After living a difficult, challenging life.. at the end of Book 7, during God's call, Sienna's last great wish is to be able to dream since the one from the Gods cannot dream. Specifically, she wants to dream about Kuhn. God fulfills her wish by giving her the dream of Alternate reality #2. This is clear because the title of the chapter is "Side Story: Another Future", which the author similarly does in Lucia. So this isn't an epilogue but an alternate reality. I also don't think the objective of the book's title "Great Wish" is Sienna's last great wish in God's call...The objective and the title of the book is linked to God's Great Wish that is fulfilled by uniting the light (Sienna) and dark (Khun) one from the Gods to be able to bear fruit from the God's tree (their daughter, Isabel) and spreading it which unfortunately could not be done in this reality. Nevertheless, the double-meaning of the Great wish is a nice literary touch..

Alternate reality #2: 2nd chance Sienna -- God wants his Great Wish to be fulfilled (see above) so God shows this Sienna what happened in original reality. This guides Sienna to make the right choices and helps to fulfill the Great Wish and leading to a happy life for her, herself, her loved ones and the empire. Another very interesting thing is in the God's call side story in Alternate reality #1, Sienna wants to relive "that day" that Kuhn and her were able to chat candidly. Most of her visions in the 2nd chance Sienna alternate reality was from "that day". So God fulfills her wish twice!! 1st fulfillment: Alternate reality #1 dreams about Alternate reality #2's happy life before she passes. 2nd fulfillment: Alternate reality #2 gets help from God through visions/dreams from "that day" in Alternate reality #1. I thought this was a neat connection!

Another factor that makes it clear that the story it is a 2nd chance at redeeming a happy ending is that the author publishes the Last book as a special side story which is the true epilogue. This features their life after Sienna takes the throne and fulfills God's Great Wish. The book talks about their children, them agreeing to have more kids, revisits their early romance by going to the market, visiting the slums to see progress after her efforts of reform, and also a last love scene. If this reality didn't exist, it wouldn't make sense to release the last book.

The author definitely improved her writing skills since Lucia and I love Sienna's strength. It's definitely way less smutty than Lucia (which was kind of overkill for me honestly), but still has some nice smutty scenes here and there. Really enjoyed reading it and looking forward to more works from this author..

16. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What. This manhwa has intrigues and politics and a well thought meaningful plot. While Lucia could have been written by a teenager.
    Plus Lucia has plenty of adult scenes. The writing style is completely different.

Maybe the authors just have the same name/pen name

17. ArkiV_10

ArkiV_10 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lucia was an earlier work of the author (2015)and the story was not mostly focused on the political side and romance unlike the Great Wish (2018). The similarities that i mentioned are just subtle. Like the dream/alternate universe thing in both stories and how this help the ptotagonist in their decisions in their current life. The author " Covering the Sky"/ Sky did grow too and improved their writting after Lucia. While Lucia was a 19+ novel I am not sure of the age audience for the Great Wish.
    Edit: i just checked the Great Wish and it has smut tag on it (from Novel Updates). So probably we will see something of that sort on the later chapters.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
  18. Blue.wind

Blue.wind Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone...i just discovered this manhwa but i saw it's not completed so i searched for the novel but i couldn't find it at all...every site i choose has the novel deleted...anybody knows why? And does this manhwa worth reading?

19. illya_hanh

illya_hanh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers! And for pointing out the interesting points in the story.
    Can you please give us more (detailed) spoilers from the last book (the one with the side story) if you have time and feel like doing so? I’d appreciate that a lottttttttttt :aww:
    Wish you have a good day!

The novel was deleted because of ‘the hunt’ of the Korean publishers I believe. They are really unforgiving, and maybe the translators don’t want to anger anyone further? But the translation of ‘Lucia’ is safe so we can’t be sure.
    I totally recommend you reading the manhwa! The art is good, and even tho it has changed over time it’s still one of the most beautifully drawn manhwa I’ve ever read (and I’ve read a lot!) Haven’t read the novel but I think there is nothing wrong with the storytelling or pacing. The character developments are all on point, too! Strong female lead that actually changed for the better and was active on her field (politics, my jam!) with strong whipped male lead knowing what a healthy relationship is and support the FL wholeheartedly, I can’t ask for anything more

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    shashasha, bissie and Meizey like this.
  20. athene911

athene911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    3 words: Silver King Rocks!!

ArkiV_10, Khadz and sUezyQ like this.