Recommendations Popular "new" stuff

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by iseenicolascageinthecornerofmyeye, Mar 30, 2021.

1. iseenicolascageinthecornerofmyeye

iseenicolascageinthecornerofmyeye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking to get back into reading light novels and while I have already started searching for new romance shit released during my 2~ year absence, I also want to read some of the more new and popular novels. I'm talking about stuff you'd see get made into an anime or a manga, and when you see that same name on the MyAnimeList upcoming anime list you can think to yourself: "Oh yeah, I remember reading the light novel to that, it was really bad." That's just an example, though. Feel free to just recommend highly rated stuff too.

I want to emphasize the NEW part of what I want because if you recommend me a novel that's been releasing chapters since 2019, then I have most likely already read it. I'm looking for all kinds of shit, so feel free to recommend novels tagged as a harem if you really think it's that good. I won't read it, but I'll at least read the synopsis. Thanks.

2. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/little-tyrant-doesnt-want-to-meet-with-a-bad-end/

translation started maybe half a year ago or something.

Well it's harem (basically JP style harem, though it might develop further 400 chapters in or so) and there's some catfighting between harem members which was pretty annoying from chapter 30 to 80 or something like that.

I know I'm great at selling novels, but you should try it unless you hate harem with a passion.

Well there's also the system that does literally (but not literally literally) nothing for 200 chapters as well.

“Hold it for a second, this isn’t right. Isn’t a System supposed to give out quests for the main storyline with rewards on the line? I mean, even a minor quest would do too! Like killing slimes at the village entrance for a short dagger, or finding a missing cat for potions… Isn’t that the norm for Systems?”

【The House Resurgence System is a passive system. The user is advised to live life passionately and strive to be independent. This System strongly objects to the act of holding the user hostage to its whims and order the user around like a tool. As the saying goes, a man should constantly seek to improve himself on his own accord. 】

“???”

What just happened? Did I just get taught a life lesson by a system?

Moreover, there are actually passive systems nowadays too? Wow, the variety sure has expanded fast!

The shocked Roel took a look at his Iron Bloodline and F- tier on his User Interface before retorting.

“Boss, my head is practically resting under the guillotine right now. I don’t even know when my house is going to fall from grace, and you’re still in the mood to be educating me here? I’m begging you, just treat me like a tool, alright? It’s at least better than dying!”

【Life is precious, but even more so is freedom.】

“…”

The hell. Is this System from France?

3. iseenicolascageinthecornerofmyeye

iseenicolascageinthecornerofmyeye Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll read a harem if the story itself is interesting. That Dungeon Defense or whatever shit was tagged as a harem and I still read it. I just simply ignore everything that has to do with romantic relationships between the protagonist and others. They never happened. As it should be.

That said I will try that out and see how it is.