LCD Sign-in Buddha’s Palm

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by jacobpaige, Feb 16, 2021.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what, if anything, the temple will tell the world about the demon sect. I doubt the demon sect made any secret of their destination, and they definitely made no secret of their leader's strength, so everyone should know what it means for them not to return from their visit to the temple.
    He'd just have to make sure to use demon techniques ;)

2. Vincent1873

Vincent1873 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The witnesses being the entire sect? Might as well just like the demon sect wipe them out.

Looks like the author is finished with milking the reveal. Of course the sect leaders jump from one assumption to the next as if they learned nothing.

3. UnknownSaint171

UnknownSaint171 To Something Sounds Cooler

Reading List:
    Link
    It's pretty good so far? Although I do have some complaints. To little chapters so far to judge

4. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We've gotten a chapter a day for over two months.

5. nemery11

nemery11 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it's going to be interesting because of the door .

6. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    So does Arhat Pao have any Divine Arts, pills or other cultivation related items like weapons or the Millennium Bodhi Heart that managed to survive the 900 years, that could help the MC at this point other than Arhat Pao's understanding of the Buddha's Palm seal that the MC hasn't comprehended yet?

7. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    So he put all of their top tier methods in this cave and then died? Why? Were all the first tier cultivators of his time trash that he knew would never be arhats?

8. Inuzuka

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think he kept the only copy of 'all of their top tier methods', except possibly the Buddha's Palm, which was lost when he died. They likely would also have copies stored in the top floor of the scriptures pavilion.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C65: "No shortcuts," he says as he munches on the OP cultivation pill that barely even exists in history due to its extreme difficulty and cost.

C71: If he really wants to leave something for them, then why not record all their lost scriptures and pill recipes and gift those to them?

C74: How did he consume dozens of the super rare pill when he only had a dozen to begin with after 20 years of signing in?

That aside, I wonder if he'll wind up saving the emperor, or simply supporting the his sister after her husband takes the throne.

This was probably just his private study.

10. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I imagine his increased cultivation level makes it more likely that he recieves pills that are useful to him. So after becoming an arhat he's getting them much more often.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    He'd been an Arhat for quite some time the last time we were told he only had a dozen though.

12. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    I went back and checked. It said he had few hundred to start not a dozen. Plus at the beginning he was gaining them faster than he was using them since they lasted at least a month and two month at most. Thus he only started decreasing his stock after he got the past life technique.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
  13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I must be misrembering then. I could have sworn it said he only had a dozen just a few chapters ago.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't it clearly stated in the introduction of the Demon Buddha that he was Arhat Pao's disciple?

15. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could have sworn it was.

jacobpaige likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would he use a suppression method against him when the whole reason he released him was that he thought suppression was pointless? Or, alternatively, why was a method of destroying demons labeled as a method of suppressing them?

I'm losing track, but isn't it about time for him to head to the capital? If I recall correctly, the emperor should be dying very soon, and he wouldn't want to miss his sister's coronation. Not that he knows that yet of course, but from a meta standpoint.

17. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean I like the premise of this novel, but the plot is moving nowhere, the MC doesn't have character interactions so you can't even slice of life this, and well the action scenes aren't. Like I'm hoping things pick up once he actually leaves the temple in some aspect somewhere.

18. Vincent1873

Reading List:
    Link
    It's probably better at suppression than killing but can do both.

nemery11 likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if the MC will be notified when the amulet is used, and if he'll bother to make a move personally at that time.
    Its probably better to just think of it as a slow comedy with face slapping elements. Honestly, I expect him to go loaf around the capital city after he's done here. I'm just not sure what status he'll use when he does. I expect it'll either be the wastrel brother of the queen, or the supreme master that guards the queen. Personally, I'm more hoping for the former since it has more potential for comedy.

20. Tsoob

Tsoob Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler Alert !
    I am at the latest chapter in MTL , and i can say that he will leave the temple sooner than you think .