Recommendations Royal Road novels

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Ruki-sama, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Ruki-sama

Ruki-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello! I'm looking for some original novels can be from Royal Road or any other platform. The only requirement I will ask is: not romance/harem/Yuri and it must have action.
    If it's possible I would like age progression and weak to strong.
    Thank you very much!

2. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How about completed/hiatus/etc.? e.g. Are you willing to read something on hiatus if it's got x number of pages?

I've found plenty of decent novels on RoyalRoad, but unfortunately quite a few of them don't make it to completion.

Here are a handful of good and/or decent ongoing ones from the first bit of my follow list:
    Dark Lord's Home for Undead Heroes
    Salvos
    Spire Dweller
    Vigor Mortis
    The Menocht Loop

For some Sci-Fi, Quod Olim Erat and The Scuu Paradox are the first two books in a series where the third book, The Cassandrian Theory, is currently ongoing.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    Ruki-sama likes this.
  3. LordBS

LordBS Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He Who Fights With Monsters
    Beware Of Chicken
    Defiance of the Fall
    The Primal Hunter
    The Perfect Run
    Infinite Realm: Monsters & Legends
    Delve
    The Genesis System
    The Legend of Randidly Ghosthound
    Never Die Twice
    Vainqueur the Dragon
    Necromancer and Co.
    Mother of learning
    There are others, but I don't remember right now.

Ruki-sama likes this.
  4. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The only no romance/harem/yuri novel I've read on Royal Road is Mother of Learning. It's really popular so you've probably heard of it. It's completed.

Delve is also pretty good, but it looks like there's romance in it. I'm not too sure though, it's only signs, and I'm only about halfway through the available chapters (it's ongoing). Slow + late romantic subplot, I guess?

Ruki-sama likes this.
  5. .seth

.seth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Beware of chicken is good, but it has a straight wedding in it. No yuri or harem at least which is still better than most.

Ruki-sama likes this.
  6. Kansuou

Kansuou Song of Lone Indifference.

Reading List:
    Link
    This Young Master is not Cannon Fodder on royal r is pretty good actually.

Ruki-sama likes this.
  7. HMiruko

HMiruko Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll take the chance to promote my novel. It's an isekai without any romance. At least, there aren't any of that yet. There's also tons of action, though it's a bit on the slower side.

Summoned By A Demon Lord

Ruki-sama likes this.
  8. Ruki-sama

Ruki-sama Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't mind if it's on hiatus. And thank you for the recommendations!
    Thank you I will give it a try!

HMiruko likes this.
  9. Anonymousbb

Anonymousbb Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All right, here are most of the novels I've read/am reading so far then, or ones that are on hiatus but have a decent page count. Quality varies, but I'd say they're at least decent and virtually all have above average grammar compared to picking random titles off the site.
    I'll also second Never Die Twice, Delve (as has been said, has some light romance in it past chapter...120 or so?), and He Who Fights with Monsters.
    Dead Tired
    Forge of Destiny
    Demon Legacy
    A fine octet of legs
    Undying Empire
    New Life of a Summoned Demoness
    Shade Touched
    Who Says This OL Can't Become A Splendid Slime?
    Life of Numbers
    Vacant Throne (completed)
    Reboot Reality
    Queen in the Mud
    Super Minion
    Undead
    Undermind (complete, but has a teaser for a potential follow up series. No romance, but the MC has occasional casual flings)
    Paladin
    Under a Boundless Sky
    A Hero's War
    Post Human

Damn, finding all these had me going back in my follow list and reminded me of all the great novels that ended up on permanent hiatus or dropped.

Ruki-sama likes this.
  10. Xane

Xane Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Picked it up cause it's not the first time I've seen it recommended. There is romance but I'd call it very light. Obviously no explicit sex scenes.

MC is awkward as fuck and there's more romance with his interface than with the girl.

aShinyVaporeon likes this.
  11. mycroft_holmes

mycroft_holmes Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Path of the Dragon Mage: Exiled
    The story is still ongoing so there is no complete guarantee but so far it doesnt have romance or harem or yuri plotline. There is a bit action too and age progression, weak to strong tropes since the protagonist started off as a child.

12. Blankdom

Blankdom Unknown

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmm... the no romance part can be kinda tricky, because authors tend to add that for 'spice', and to be 'human/relatable'. Then there's the whole web novel part, where the story stops being written.

Not sure what you mean by action, but: from my reading list....
    Dungeon Crawler Carl -- Synopsis should give you what you needa know. Though, it's published at Amazon, so you probably need unlimited to read the earlier chaps.
    Apocalypse Generic System -- Amazon publishing. Decent enough, but the author has a tendency of powercreep then dropping the novel. You'll probably have heard of them: Outer Sphere and Wake of Ravager; though, these two have romance.
    ThreadBare -- Started updating again.

Iffy on this:
    Genesis Wave -- Not sure what to write here. May not have enough action for you?
    Mud's Mission -- Hasn't been updated in almost a year, and the author stopped abruptly. Didn't have too much 'action' AFAIR
    Granpa Sweet Fist -- Slow update schedule, and kinda short. Some action(?). Update may increase soon, from what author said.

And some for exposure.
    Morcster Chef -- Something author wrote for RR writathon. Seemed interesting from what I've read. The latest chapter had them fighting a bit, but liked the couple before that.
    The Houndsman -- Another one that just started, and I feel has potential. Starts with a battle scene.
    Bronze Sun -- Posted this year, not too sure about this. Seems weak to strong, and may have action, but it's.... not sure the right word.
    Entropy Summon -- New (this year) and slow paced, so little to no action; may pick up in a month or two, who knows.

13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link