Discussion Rudest encounter with a stranger or someone you know

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cutiebinkie, Apr 1, 2021.

1. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the rudest encounter you've had either with a complete stranger or someone you know?

2. TamaSaga

TamaSaga Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some land whale is stomping around in the apartment upstairs and when I go and tell her to step lighter or get a carpet she proceeds to throw a fit. I set up a speaker near the ceiling, pointed it upwards, and blasted a heavy bass upwards for a few weeks to counter the thuds from above. Which worked wonders when I proceeded to poke the ceiling on occasion with a broomstick handle because when she then tries to stomp harder, it wasn't much louder than the usual.

A few days before our contract expired, she shouted some choice words from her balcony as I left the apartment to buy some cleaning supplies, but I just gave her the middle finger without looking back.

As a sidenote, you have to set up the speaker properly if you're going to do what I did or it's going to affect your hearing. Use a weighted tower and arrange sound dampening foam to reduce the noise on your end. Bass is recommended because it goes through walls (or ceilings) and creates a minor earthquake on their end.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Some guy running the red light, running right into me and still having the audacity to hurl obscenities. Since there was no real damage, I'd normally just throw a few choice words his way and be on my way, but this time I decided to engage cuz I could notice the traffic police ominously walking towards him while he was being diverted by me. :blobowoevil:

You can imagine the rest. :blobowoevil_horns:

4. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a classmate whom I didn't talk to much.
    She once came up to me, in class, a day I was wearing colorful patchwork pants, and asked me out of the blue: "Hey, your pants, aren't they baraki?" Baraki is a belgian term to describe a group of vulgar, badly dressed, uneducated, etc people. I looked at her weirdly and said "no". And she glared and said "They are" before turning around and walking away.
    I don't get why she would do that, I don't really care either, but it was just so weird it stuck in my mind.

Another day, I was with my friends during break, eating pistachios. One of my friends is very tall. Some dumb boys started laughing at her, and threw her smarties while implying she was a beggar, because she looked weird as she is tall. Pure BS. We tried to chase them away, but they came back and throwed pennies at her. So I snapped, went up to the main idiot, and dumped all my pistachios shells on his head, told him I was paying for his performance.
    It was a bit showy, so an educator showed up. But because I was a good student he choose to drop the matter, and only asked the boy to pick up the shells. Flawless victory.
    That kind of people make me think that even if I had more EQ, there are some things that can't be understood.

5. Donuts

Donuts Endless surge of emotions

Reading List:
    Link
    is first time meeting prof count?

cutiebinkie likes this.
  6. Sinner Angel

Sinner Angel Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Note: This is not a persecution complex, this person is like this (and dunno who do she thinks she is)

An old woman which I crossed ways here and there in my city, always taking her chance to blame someone (me in this case), is the subject.

Ok, I was wrong this time too because I didn't notice the guy with dwarfism when I was asking about the end of the waiting line at the bank. But how I was supposed to know? Last time I saw him, he was a 6 yo brat (I never expected him to still be living in our city, as I never once saw him again). Also, there's a safe distance's order that must be respected due to the covid, but he was practically glued to the woman I asked about the waiting line. Moreover, he was wearing what a child would wear, not what a man must wear (futbol's t-shirt and cap, sports pants and sneakers). Finally, I'm short to 2 meters tall, how was I supposed to see his face under the cap and notice that he was an adult? (noting that going by my age, he shouldn't have reached 18 yo yet, so there's no way I would I see him as an adult even if I wanted). It was so weird for me to mistake him for that person's child? Well, the guy didn't mind my misunderstanding, he even ignored it as it not the first time that he must have been accidentally ignored, but that old woman reproached me! Who is her to intervene and reproach in another two strangers' misunderstanding!? Well, enough ranting, when I talked with my family about this, they told me that she probably blamed me about discriminating, but, isn't that woman worse? Ignoring his safe distance's breach and treating him as someone special due to dwarfism instead of respecting him as another normal person living at our city a more discriminatory way of thinking? I'm that wrong at being angry for this? As I told before, I'm too tall to look at his face under the cap, and his distance with the person I talked to and his (almost childish) clothes made me to ignore him as a child, and I repent that, but that woman shouldn't have intervened also.

7. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmm I live near a very large school. So school end times are very annoying. Many parents gather around the school roads and buildings nearby and wait for their children. Anyone walking in this area has to deal with dumb kids running around blindly (yeah yeah I was one too), vehicular traffic on roads (school bus, normal public bus, taxis, cars) and parent congregation. I have been shouted at by many parents coz I have had to either push myself through them (coz they usually chatter loudly and don't bother moving despite saying excuse me) or coz my bag brushed past their little kids (never a heavy hit. Can't even be called a hit.)
    Once, some lady's kid literally bumped into me by himself, sat down and started to cry. She came, started to shout at me. Most parents looked at me as if I was some sort of creep.
    Next day, this group of parents sat down in my building. Obviously, as a resident, I kindly drove them away.... Hehehehe

8. Deleted member 332070

Deleted member 332070 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    My sister telling me homos just want to show off (she knows im bi btw)

9. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One day at my university, I talked to a girl beside me. We had a friendly chat and got to know each other.
    I like to make new friends. That's why I'm very open and talk often to strangers.
    She had a (best?) friend, who was always together with her and she hated my guts :D
    Let's call her ***.
    I never did anything to her and I'm not a person, who is rude to other people in the first place, that's why I'm puzzled until this day, why she hated me this much.
    She looked down on me, like I was some kind of toad, who wanted to eat swan meat :D

There was especially one incident, I will never forget. It was like 1 or 2 weeks before exams on a very hard lecture. I was one of the few students, who could follow and understand the topics.
    Therefore, there were a lot of people asking for my notes. They wanted to copy it. Someone I know on a shallow level talked to *** about my easy to understand notes and brought her to the classroom, I was at that time, with the intention to ask for my notes. Once she saw me and realized, I was the "source" of the notes, the atmosphere became very awkward :D
    She actually didn't ask me for my notes. Honestly, I wouldn't mind to share my notes with her or anyone, who needs help, but either she was too proud/ashamed to ask or she hated me this much, that she didn't want anything from a "filthy being", such as me :D
    I never saw her after the exams again, but it was hilarious to me, that I had such a big impact on someones life, that she wouldn't even accept help from me. It was like I m*rdered her whole family and we were archenemies. I didn't mind her much, because we never interacted much with each other, which in itself is very baffling, because of her very strong emotions towards me :D

10. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    A random guy knock on the window of my car in a red light. Then out of the blue, he punched my driver.

It's extremely rude to punch strangers without any preamble :blobwoah:

cutiebinkie, TamaSaga and Baldingere like this.