Spoiler Elixir of the Sun / The Lord of Sun / Master of the Sun / 태양의주인

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Caroline_24

Caroline_24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This chapter was harder to understand, so there may be some mistakes. The ministers are trying to press Taemu with a successor for the good of the country according to them, but he knows that there is more to that and, although when he became Emperor, he got rid of all those who were corrupt, it seems that new ones still appear and this displeases him. Apparently, the concubine favored by the Emperor has certain privileges and so do those who support her. This discussion annoys him and, as if reading the atmosphere, his attendant brings him a cup of tea to calm down, implying to not let himself to be overwhelmed by emotions. Glancing at the scrolls in front of him, he thinks of Bayan and the fact that he doesn't want to spend time with another woman, he wants only her. There follows a scene that I did not understand well, but I think he assured the ministers that he will solve the problem.

Meanwhile, Bayan is in her room and looks in the mirror, thinking that although the wounds on her neck and chest have not healed, unlike when she was in the village, she did not have to stay in bed for three days. Apparently, at the moment the healing ability is diminished, so she thinks that for a while she should be careful not to get hurt. As she can't sit still for too long, she thinks of going to sweep the yard, but then she comes across her maid together with another girl. It seems that the new girl will help her from now on and she came to greet her. Bayan recognizes her as the girl who brought the vase with the number order to meet with the Emperor and is friendly with her, but she is nervous and starts stuttering and apologizing. She thinks that everyone treated her badly and avoided her because of this defect, but she hopes that Bayan will not send her back. Bayan assures her that she is fine and that she hopes to become friends. As they talk to each other, they hear a noise in the yard and decide to go and see what is happening. Bayan thinks that the palanquin has arrived to take her to the Emperor and she is happy, which makes her maid think about how fast things have progressed since she called him a monster to today, when she is looking forward to meet him. She knows that the Emperor is a difficult person, who hates profiteers and dishonest people, but she is happy that Bayan is not like that; sometimes she is too direct. Then it occurs to her that Bayan is sleepwalking and that this is not well seen by the nobility, but she immediately remembers that the night she spent with Taemu, she slept peacefully and that perhaps she should do so more often. When they get to the yard, they see a bunch of chests full of gold and treasures and they are surprised who sent them.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  2. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also wanna know about the revenge!!! These villagers basically lack any humanity!!! From r&pe to killing and taking advantage of the mother snd daughter!!! :(

Rokai and zemblenity like this.
  3. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    Firstly, I have to correct a mistake from the previous chapters, when Taemu asks Bayan why her wounds don't heal, and she replies that it usually takes a few days. I mentioned the village where Bayan lived, but they were actually referring to the lake where Taemu drank her blood for the first time.

Bayan and her maids are in the yard and see the multitude of silk and jewelry chests that are brought by some men and ask who sent these chests, but the men do not know where they are from and tell Bayan that inside each chest should be a letter from the sender. Since Bayan can't read yet, Suyeon looks over the letters and tells her that they are from the nobles, who probably want to get her attention since she slept with the emperor. Bayan looks over the treasures and tells Suyeon to send them back. Her maid tells her to think about this because they represent the sincerity of the nobles and it is not a good idea to refuse them. Bayan replies that sincerity where the reason is unknown, is like poison, and to receive more than she needs will only hurt her. She remembers the package of food she received in the village and contained the poisoned meat, which caused her mother death and regrets that she was not more careful to ask why she received a more generous package. That's why she doesn't want to make the same mistake, so she tells Suyeon that the place they live in now is big enough, they have enough food for everyone and clothes to change into something new every day. And if she needs anything else, she can always ask the Inner Court, so she should send the trunks back. Suyeon agrees and looking over the trunks worries about how long it will take her to check each trunk to see the sender. Bayan comes up with an idea and asks Suyeon if this can be considered that it happened because of the Emperor, to which Suyeon replies that it could be so. Bayan then tells her to leave everything to her that she will make sure they are sent back.
    Meanwhile, Taemu and his advisor, Juhyul, are in his office and looking over some scrolls, wondering how quick his men were to arrange a new beneficial date for him, when the situation with the orphans has not been resolved by a long time. Juhyul tells him that they probably set a date in advance. In his mind, he thinks that this is difficult for the emperor, but that this time he must agree with the nobles regarding a future successor. He also thinks that the emperor should pay equal attention to his concubines because if he favors only one, the others will unite to torment her and this will create problems for everyone. He believes that Bayan, although she seems innocent now, will change over time due to the wealth and attention she will receive. Taemu interrupts his thoughts by telling him that this time the princess from Laon, who last time paid to take the last place on the list and who was expected to be first now, does not even appear on the list, which is very curious. Taemu asks Juhyul to organize a banquet for next month, curious to see her face. Bayan arrives at the palace and as soon as Taemu tells the servant to let her in, she runs straight to the emperor. Taemu motions her to sit down, but Bayan interrupts him, saying that now is not the time for this and that she is in a bad mood. Taemu smiles at the thought of a concubine who tells him directly that she is in a bad mood and asks her what bothers her. Bayan tells him that someone left their trash in her yard. Taemu asks to explain to him, and Bayan says she got a lot of silks and pearls and gold bars. Taemu's expression changes upon hearing these words and he wonders if Bayan does not recognize the value of these objects. He tells her that those things are not garbage, but expensive things. Bayan tells him that she knows this, but that she doesn't need them, that they are rubbish for her and she is happy with what she has now. Taemu remarks that she doesn't seem to have much at the moment, but Bayan tells him that although it may seem so to him, for her it is more than enough. She makes an analogy with rabbit meat and tells him that no matter how delicious it is, if you eat too much your stomach will hurt, so one must be careful with the gifts received. He asks Taemu to tell them to come and get their things back. Taemu is surprised and asks "Me?", to which Bayan tells him that she would have returned them, but there are too many and it would take a few days, but if Taemu asks them to do so, it can be solved immediately. Taemu looks at her with a smile on his face, wondering with how much confidence she asked for this and the comparison of the treasures sent by the nobles with the rabbit meat. He replies that he will solve everything today, and Bayan is amazed at how fast he moves.
    Taemu tells her that for this favor, he should receive something in return, but Bayan tells him that apart from blood she has nothing to offer. Taemu tells her that he doesn't need material things and that he has to think. Bayan tells him to think hard and even if he asks her on a later date, she will remember. Taemu looks at her fondly and wonders how the mere fact that he only sees her makes his heart flutter. Taemu asks Bayan if she is feeling well because he thought she would be in bed with a fever. Bayan replies that she is fine, that it was not as bad as the other times and as she mentioned in the morning, when she bleeds a lot, she usually stays in bed for 3 days. Taemu asks her if by "the other times" she means that apart from the time they met at the lake, this has happened on another occasion. Bayan covers her mouth with her hand, realizing she probably shouldn’t have told him that.

4. Merumeruni

Merumeruni Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will she get her revenge on the villager ??I saw people asking but no answer at all.

Belle76 likes this.
  5. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    @Merumeruni I don't know since I haven't read the novel and I am only reading the raw chapters.

AnaJulia likes this.
  6. Ahriyonahime

Ahriyonahime Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The novel IS very 18+, especially if you buy the illustrated NSFW version from BookPal. Another user already shared some of the illustrations they found earlier from the novel artist's official twitter:
    BUT from what it looks like and the lack of 18+ verification on the official English manhwa translation on Lezhin, I think they decided to cut the graphic smut scenes out of the manhwa, which is unfortunate. They probably decided to go in that direction since Kakao has the publishing rights to the Korean version of the manhwa and they made it 15+.

As for revenge on the village, don't worry it'll happen soon. MC becomes empress too at the end and they get married, if that already wasn't super obvious. If there's still interest in this series around May and no one has spoiled much, I can probably spoil bits of the novel, but for now I'm a little too busy to read the novel again and type out spoilers.

L.A.C.L., toneta, Babyknox and 22 others like this.
  7. LazyHahah

LazyHahah Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trust me there will still be interest in may:X3:

Moonie-light likes this.
  8. Tridnis

Tridnis New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    will the main characters have children?

9. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    For the moment I will only just post some images from chapter 37, but I will come back with some spoilers from the chapter too soon.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Definitely still interested:aww:

AnaJulia and Moonie-light like this.
  11. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    I've come back with spoilers from chapter 37.

In the last chapter Taemu asked Bayan if it happened before that she bled, but she avoids to answer, thinking that probably he will find it strange if she tells him the truth, that in her village she had to bled monthly. She grabs one of the scrolls on the desk and tries to seem interested in what’s written on it, but Taemu laughs and says that she is keeping it backwards. She gets embarrassed, but Taemu tells her that she shouldn’t feel ashamed, that on the documents you can read the appeals from the nobles to the right or the other way around too. He takes a brush and writes his name on a paper. Bayan asks him what’s that and he replies that it’s his name. Bayan is confused and asks “Isn’t your name Taemu?”, but he says something about the writing system ( chinese and korean ), but that his real name is Dan. Bayan asks the reason he has two names and he replies that the emperor’s name shouldn’t be pronounced by anyone. Bayan is still confused and asks him why did he tell her that and Taemu says that he wants her to call him by his name, the name that no one else is able to call. She blushes and tells him that she doesn’t know how to read, that she didn’t learn. Taemu tells her that he will teach her then. He says then “Dan. It means the sun.” She is flustered that instead of laughing at her, he is explaining to her calmly. He asks her to say his name and she calls him Dan. “Again.” “Dan.” “Again.” “Dan.” He continues to get closer to her and then he asks her if she wants to teach her how to write. She answers that Suyeon already teaches her, but he doesn’t seem to be happy because she tells her that the maids are already busy persons and it’s not a good idea.
    I think he really wants to spend more time with her, he is so cute.
    She seems to think about it and in the end she agrees. He kisses her and while they are busy kissing, his attendant comes in and says that there is someone … ( I think he wanted to say that there is someone waiting for him ), but Taemu just says his name and after, the attendant leaves. Bayan is blushing and asks him to control himself when there are other persons in the room, but he replies “That is why I’ve send him away.” He asks her if she feels any pain and she replies that all her body is in pain. He says that then he will check it out, that it’s normal between spouses. She ponders a while on the answer, but after that she asks him if he wants to check it here. He tells her to sit on top of the desk and while blushing and avoiding his gaze, she starts to lift up her skirt. He really is an indecent man! He says that he can’t see well and to spread a bit more her legs. They are both blushing and breathing heavily and while getting closer Taemu tells her that he will remove her underwear to look better.
    I think next chapter will get steamy, so waiting forward to it.

veivei, AnniePoo, AnaJulia and 41 others like this.
  12. ayamserondeng

ayamserondeng New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you!, i cant wait for the next chap
    What day they usually update the webtoon?

AnaJulia likes this.
  13. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    It usually updates on Tuesday in korean.

Babyknox and Reiirei like this.
  14. iiiiirrrrriiiii

iiiiirrrrriiiii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a bit out of context but can I ask what is that novel/manhwa? is it the girl who pretended to be a guy then has to pretend to be a girl?

15. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    It seems a few days have passed and Bayan is waiting with Suyeon for the palanquin to take her to the Emperor. She is now studying with Taemu during the day and also at night he comes to see her. Her neck is full of bruises because she doesn’t have time to heal herself. She thinks that he is also full of vigour and if this continues, it will be hard for her body to resist. She used to think that her mother was her only family, but now when she is together with Taemu she doesn’t feel alone anymore. Suyeon on the other hand seems a bit concerned because eventhough the things go well now and Taemu comes every night to see Bayan, she thinks of the previous Emperor who used to have every night another woman and got bored of them easily, like he did with Taemu’s mother. It seems she was a princess from another country and when she agreed to become a concubine, the previous Emperor promised her that he will save her country from war, but in the end her country fell in ruin and she died after giving birth to Taemu.
    Meanwhile, Taemu and Ga-Yerang are in his office and the General is putting in order some books while hoping to see Bayan. Taemu takes him by surprise asking him if he has finished and while getting flustered he says he did. I think Taemu knows that his General likes Bayan cause he asks him to be honest and tell him if he hasn’t already taken care of it ( I think he asked if he hasn’t let go of his feelings for her ). Ga-Yerang panics and says it isn’t like that, that he only wanted to see if she’s doing well, but Taemu interrupts him and asks “Who is she?” and the General with a sad face answers that she is the Emperor’s concubine. Taemu warns him to be careful and not make him ask the same question again. While the atmosphere is tense, Bayan enters and when seeing the General she greets him saying “Long time no see!”. Ga-Yerang gets nervous because she greeted him before the Emperor and he thinks that Taemu will be annoyed.
    I really love her naivety, she runs towards Taemu and sits on his lap like nothing happened saying she didn’t understand something about what they were studying. She is puzzled that she doesn’t receive an answer and when she looks at Taemu he is smiling happily at her and kisses her on her cheek. While they are talking and flirting, Ga-Yerang leaves the room.
    While Bayan is busy writing, Taemu watches her smiling happily, pleased that she is so concentrated and hard-working. He gave her many things to do on purpose, but she didn’t commit many errors. Meanwhile, Bayan finished her assignment and looks over it before handing the paper to Taemu. She made some mistakes and Taemu tells her to not just memorize the letters, but to think about their meaning. He is pleased though and compliments her for doing her best. Since they made some kind of promise, Taemu tells her that she must get her punishment for the errors made. She says a promise is a promise and awaits for her punishment. Taemu asks “Then, should I kiss you?” “What?” “A kiss for every error made.” “Is this punishment?” Then Taemu tells her that she should be the one to initiate the kiss.

veivei, AnniePoo, AnaJulia and 41 others like this.
  16. vvvaanneesssa

vvvaanneesssa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

17. Sea serin

Sea serin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am want ti know if some bitch will try harm her or do something....
    If he will sleep with other woman??
    How the ending is???

18. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll probably come back again with a more detailed summary, but for now I can say that Bayan and the Emperor ended up making love again after the kiss punishment. The day after or anyway, some days later, while Bayan is studying at her place, she sees that other maids are preparing the red lanterns that usually are put out when the Emperor visits other concubines, so I really hope that Taemu will not sleep with some other girl.
    It was nice though to see that Bayan is jealous.

19. dreams28281

dreams28281 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I like that its probably his first time. I dont have to worry about side chicks.

AnniePoo, AnaJulia and nielyti like this.
  20. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    I am a bit late, but this was a long chapter and there were some parts I didn't understand well, but still, here is the summary of chapter 39:

Bayan asks Taemu if she can't do something else instead as punishment, maybe to be hit on her calves like she heard other houses do to their children, but Taemu says that that's absurd and he will never do something like that. He then tells her that they often kissed so it shouldn't be a problem, but Bayan says that this is different. Taemu then suggests her to do something else and whispers in her ear, but Bayan gets flushed and says that she will kiss him, that she prefers to do that. She closes her eyes and gets closer to him and Taemu thinks she looks so lovely with her pursed lips. He draws near and bites her lower lip and Bayan with tears in her eyes tells him to stop biting her because it stings. As revenge, she bites his neck, but seeing his expression she thinks that maybe she was too rude and tells him "You see? It stings, right?" "I was really planning to endure it." says Taemu and Bayan asks him to what does he refer. "You provoked me first." "What? Wait! What did I do?" Taemu tells her then she should think well and adds "While I swallow you." Bayan tells him that it's not the time yet, that they will spend the night together, but Taemu tells her he has reached his limit while he starts undressing.
    The next day ( or some days later ), some maids are chatting in the yard while decorating with red lanterns. Bayan hears noises outside and asks Suyeon what is happening, but she says only that the maids are cleaning and asks Bayan if she wants her to go and find out. Bayan says there is no need and continues with her studies. Suyeon thinks at the red lanterns and the meaning of them. It means that the Emperor will visit another concubine. Suyeon tells Bayan she will go to some place today ( didn't understand the name ) and asks her if she will come too, but Bayan tells her she will go tomorrow. The next part I didn't understand, but next Suyeon is surprised that Bayan seems so indifferent and recalls that she and the Emperor seemed to be so close. She thinks that a concubines' life is poor, that she has to share her husband with other concubines.
    Suyeon brings some tea to Bayan, saying that it is a tea that will help her clear her mind. Bayan tells her that this way she will become a genius; she probably thinks that she can study more with her mind clear so she is thankful to her maid. Suyeon tells her she will also bring her some rice cakes that will help her with studying.
    Bayan continues writing, but starts thinking at the red lanterns that were similar to the ones she had seen when she got there. She thinks at the other concubines besides her and she starts feeling disappointed and upset/displeased. She doesn't know if she feels that way towards the Emperor or herself. She wonders if the Emperor will do the same things with the other concubines too, if he will kiss and hug them, if he will look them in the eyes like they were the only one in the world. "No matter how much I hug you, it's not enough." While having this thoughts, the paper in front of her became all black and when she snaps out of it, she thinks when did this happen. Her hands are black with ink and she starts biting her nails. Suyeon and the other maid enter with the rice cakes and yells at her when she sees that her hands are bleeding. I think Bayan tells her that the ink isn't coming off and Suyeon tells her she will clean her better later. She starts eating the cakes, but finds them tasteless. Suyeon then tells her to not eat them if they are not to her liking, but Bayan refuses, saying that you'll get punished if you don't finish your food. Her maid gives her then some honey to put on the cakes and Bayan is very happy and says they are delicious and shares the food with her maids. Suyeon thinks "I'm sorry madam... I hope you don't get hurt."

AnniePoo, AnaJulia, nanu00 and 31 others like this.