Spoiler Yeohye 여혜

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by SamSam, Mar 27, 2021.

1. SamSam

SamSam class' ...pas class' !

Reading List:
    Link
    Without a sound, a King was killed by his Queen. And on that day, the Queen ascended the throne to become a king. What could be the reason for the Queen to go as far as murdering the King and trying to become a king herself? This an oriental historical story about the heartbreaking and tragic romance of those who crossed path only to miss each other amidst obscured truth and getting entangled in love and hatred.

https://page.kakao.com/home/53248339

I couldn't find a thread.
    This manhwa is adapted from a novel; finished on kakao with 85 chapters. The first chapters are translated (easy to find; I don't put the link to avoid trouble to the translator).
    The story seems super sad, lyrical and rather unique.
    THE question is already asked in the synopsis : why does she end up killing the emperor?
    or is it the emperor who commits suicide?

SPOILERS anyone?

2. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    :blob_plusone:

SamSam likes this.
  3. SamSam

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Nefroza

Nefroza Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    omggg i just saw manhwa and was blown such a beautiful story till chapter 5......like things were somewhat clear when you are a tragedy-thriller-romance lover for 21 years but it is beautifully depicted....is the novel translated to english?? I would love to read that

SamSam likes this.
  5. SamSam

Reading List:
    Link
    same here ; I looked for an english or spanish translation... with no success :(

6. elijahavery

elijahavery Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you have read the translated chapter,
    you can guess she kill him for revenge. But actually, from what i saw (mtl), she didn't intend to kill him. It was like the king want her to take his life
    The scene when she kill him is so sad. Even if you don't understand what they say, you can feel the saddness. This story is full of heartbreaker from the first to the last part.
    I also want to read the novel because it will be more detailed but the manhwa only is so good to draw expression.

mewylve, Liliss, onnagiri and 2 others like this.
  7. SamSam

Reading List:
    Link
    yep and I read some reviews, the story seems well built. Did you read the original manhwa?

8. elijahavery

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, i read it months ago. but only several chapters because it took much time to MTL

SamSam likes this.
  9. elijahavery

Reading List:
    Link
    Reminder: It's known as the most tragic love story among historical drama webtoons. The fact that it has sad ending, it can make you feel uncomfortable. It will consume a lot of emotions throughout the entire reading. Most likely leave a lingering feeling after finish reading this story.

Lee Yeohye (MC)
    -protagonist who unwanted the rising of her status
    -from a commoner to a princess
    -from a crown princess to a queen, then to the last king's seat

Han Gyoyeon (ML)
    -He is called as the most dedicated male lead of all time (by reviewer and readers)
    -He had trauma about his status since he was kid because he is from fallen noble (his parents are traitors)
    -He was brainwashed and then join rebellion
    -He then change his mind on the day of the rebel, He tried to protect both Hyunya and Yeohye
    -But He lost Hyunya because of the impediment of the royal family
    -He followed the last will of Hyunya to protect Yeohye

Shin Chunghak
    -One of the childhood friends
    -Joining hands with Yeohye to try bring Gyoyeon down
    -But the fact that Yeohye is changing in the palace Chunghak is trying to get her out of the palace, but He can't. Then he was removed from the entourage of Yeohye and his father took the place

Lee Hyunya
    -Yeohye knew him as her brother but actually he is her cousin and the crown prince of joseon
    -Due to the rebellion, his father died
    -While trying to evacuate Yeohye, he was stabbed by Gyoyeon
    -He died in front of Yeohye's eyes
    -In fact, he almost died because of his mother (being poisoned)
    -Because of the guilty of Yeohye, He is living as a herbalist, abandoning the status of the crown prince
    -He have been taking care of her since then

This story is about Yeohye's revenge
    She takes revenge on those who brutally killed her father (Chungwi) and brother (Hyunya), who she thought they were her family. It includes Han Gyoyeon, her first love when she was child, and her real father.

Yeohye, Hyunya, Chunghak, and Gyoyeon are friends. They've been playing together since they were young.

In that time, Yeohye and Gyoyeon had a very small crush on each other. Then he moved to another province, and when he became an adult, he returned to the village for a while. And there's deep feeling between them.

However, as Su Shi gun (Yeohye's real father)'s began. Chungwi and Hyunya, who were adoptive family of Yehoye, died, and as she learned that it was Gyoyeon who killed them, Yeohye was taken to palace.

With the secret of her birth, she sat in an unwanted seat and has a wedding with Gyoyeon who killed his family. Gyoyeon cruelly pushed Yeohye, but He hold her hand till the end, and eventually died in her hands.

But all of this was planned by Gyoyeon. In addition, the killing Chungwi and Hyunya was inevitable, and Gyoyeon took his life at the request of Hyunya, who was also poisoned by the others. Gyoyeon wanted to tell Yeohye all this, but he didn't say it because if he said it with Hyunya's last request, her will in life would be broken and she would die (by killing herself)

-Until the last moment of Su Shi Gun (Yeohye's real father), Yeohye didn't admit him as her father, only Chungwi who she recognized as her father
    -In the end, Gyoyeon give her a selfish and cruel gift. He buried her with his own blood (make her kill him) and surrounded her by what he have before (guardian warrior, the last confession of him, king's seat, reputation, etc.). Those all will remain in her memory forever.

https://blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn...viewDate=&isShowPopularPosts=true&from=search

just MTL it if you want more detailed review. It is easy to read even with google translate

I'm not writing all ths spoilers because I can't understand the entire article. There's posibility what I wrote is wrong because I used MTL so please forgive me

10. SamSam

Reading List:
    Link
    its ok, I like the fluff but the dark stories too! it changes, im annoyed by the incessant stories of naive women resurrected, divorced not divorced, abused by their family, mollusk-ml, etc etc it's like a rubik's cube = 1 plot and 1001 variations:rolleyes:
    Thank you vm for sharing; im more curious about the storyline !!

11. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There’s this girl that shows up in around chapter 31, where it looks like she has a crush on the ML. Does the ML do anything about it, does he reciprocate it or is it just in her head?

12. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also it look like another women gave birth to child that she is going to raise, is it the ML child or did she purposely take a child that wasn’t her as part of her bigger plan?Think it’s the latter, the girl who had the baby seemed to just show up pregnant.

SamSam likes this.
  13. SamSam

Reading List:
    Link
  14. Midsummer_dreamss

Midsummer_dreamss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Major spoilers!!!!
    Beware!!!!!! Ending exposed!!!!!

So I got sucked in and luckily can read korean. It 3am, so i decided to read + skim till the end so that i can have peace and sleep... (it back fired bc now im sadddd) but of course its now almost 5 am lol.. if i make a mistake, sorry in advance.
    This is not a detailed spoiler. But the main points.
    1st our FL is cluless until the end.

2. Ml did not kill her brother. Ml was telling the brother to escape since FL will not be prosecuted. During the scuffle their past teacher comes and the brother got cut by him, thus being poisoned. ML killed him to put him out of him misery.

3. The old father (king) dies fairly quick via. Assassination. It was our ML who was also involved .. he's like our anti-hero. Our shadow knight :(

4. Our ML does not get swayed by the little girl. He only has eyes for our FL. He contemplated telling the FL the truth, but decided not too. He loves her and its heart wrenching when you read his pov. Around ch 70+. Our FL and ML loved eachother since they were children. There are chapters on his pov for this too ♡

5. The two of them have a cute little son. (Ch 70+)

6. Our FL loves ML.. she loves him till the end but due to their misunderstandings and the whole revenge .. its always suffocating (agnst).

7. She didn't really kill him. She hesitates. Hes the one who takes out the sword and stabs himself. She cries as she holds him. (And realizes her love)

8. Our FL becomed king. Thats how it ends. But in the end.. shes all alone. Its so sad :(

9. Just incase people wanted to know:
    Our ML moves out of the village bc the FLs real dad decides to take him in. (This is when all the politics begins)

Definitely read the story! Its less than 90 chapters and moves at a great pace. I hope it becomes adapted into a kdrama. I'll reread the webtoon again slowly ♡

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    Lunicylle, mewylve, SamSam and 2 others like this.
  15. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    and they twist the ending where they are reborn into modern age and affirm their love once again.

mewylve and Midsummer_dreamss like this.