Releases keep disappearing from NU main page

Discussion in 'Novel Updates Site Discussion' started by void, Apr 1, 2021.

1. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have recently started translating 'Son of the Olden Days' and 'The Supreme of Milky Way'. Whenever I release more than two chapters, then only the last two releases are shown on the NU main page. The novel page itself (in this case: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/son-of-the-olden-days/) is updated with all chapters.

For example, about half an hour ago, I released chapters 11-18 of 'Son of the Olden Days'. Initially, only c11 and c12 showed up on the main page. After some time, c11 and c12 disappeared. Now, only c17 and c18 are visible. I've faced this issue multiple times before. Why's this happening?

Please help!

Edit: I manually add releases.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    To prevent spam? i've had webnovel dump like 100 chapters before and it filled up the whole front pages. We don't need to see each individual new chapter. Either release them with a 11-20 link in one or we can tell that it's new and check the novel's page and see how many we haven't read since latest bookmark.

kjpo34, riririn and MangoGuy like this.
  3. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh, ok! But the chapters that have already been shown shouldn't disappear, should they? I will keep what you've said in mind next time I do a mass release.

4. Lunaleska

Lunaleska Lurking

Reading List:
    Link
    What about single chapter updates disappearing? Ive only noticed it with one novel consecutively but it appears on the front page for a while and then just disappears. The updates show normally on its webpage though.

For reference it happens for i have medicine.

5. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was a thread the other day saying NU gets spammed with fake April Fools chapters that they have to clean up, so it might be that

Aean likes this.
  6. void

void Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thing is, this has happened to me before.

7. Parth37955

Parth37955 NU #3, [Dead Inside], Mid-Boss, Dark Dealer Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sigh...basically the chapters get moved to a earlier date. if you go to the novel page, they're all there. this is to prevent spam releases. if you don't want that to happen, space out your releases man
    no

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
    Ral and AliceShiki like this.
  8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're using a filter to not show certain genres, it may disappear if users are adding genres to a novel, and it'd show up again if it was removed or moderated, since not all changes are correct.
    (i.e. i could screw over the majority of the users by adding Yaoi to all popular series, at least for a short while, before i got struck with a banhammer.)