Picked Up My Older Sister is Kensei and My Little Sister is a Wise Man

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Prothean, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Prothean

Prothean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel: Ane ga Kensei de Imouto ga Kenja de

Source: https://ncode.syosetu.com/n9670fs/

Why translate?: Super meritocracy nation L'Arc. Power is everything in this country. If you have the power, you can aim for the top even if you are not growing well.

Born as the son of a king of such a country, Razel had only human talent in swords and magic. However, his elder sister was a genius who was called Kensei (Sword Saint), and his little sister was a genius who was called a Wise Man (Sage).

Compared to such older sister and little sister, he was finally banished from the country as he had no talent. However, Razel had a positive attitude and aimed for a different country to live freely as an adventurer.

Following Razel, even his sister Kensei and his sister Sage left the country to follow Razel: "If Razel was expelled of the country then there 's no meaning stay here any no longer.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Sabruness likes this.
  2. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    Read a few chapters of the manga, some tig ol bitties in there. much onee-san fanservice.

3. Sabruness

Sabruness Cultured Yuri Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    the synopsis had my interest. the Ara Ara kyonyuu Onee has my attention.

4. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna be honest, the synopsis already makes me go... nah. We can infer from synopsis that the story is,
    • Two brocon sisters
    • Banished but sisters follow - aka the king is a dumbass that doesnt know how close the siblings are or something.
    • looks like is on hiatus or dropped since 2020/09/21

5. Shiroikaze42

Shiroikaze42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That last point is the biggest issue. But it looks like the author is still active, just on a different novel. May be suffering from writer's block on this particular story.

On the story points though, he's also got an affectionate friend of his older sister traveling with him (so yay, it's not just 2 sisters being grossly clingy with their brother!) And the king is also his father, and seems more concerned with him being embarrassingly weak for the prince of a country that's all about power.

Yeah, the basic premise of the story isn't up my alley either, but I'm sure there's an audience if a translator wants this.

6. Ruyue

Ruyue Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh? When I read the title it sounded interesting, but when I read the line, "he was finally banished from the country as he had no talent,"I was like, what? Why? Just because of talent?
    And then, "Following Razel, even his sister Kensei and his sister Sage left the country to follow Razel: "If Razel was expelled of the country then there 's no meaning stay here any no longer." Haha incest omegalol, but this sounds kind of generic.
    Maybe someone will be interested so GL finding a translator for this OP.

Prothean likes this.
  7. Prothean

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Triggerblack

Triggerblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here's the first chapter, I just threw this together. I may have made a few mistakes, but I only used 20 mins to translate it.

Episode 1: Exile

"Excuse me, Father, did you summon me?"

I was called by my father, who is also the king of the Lark Kingdom, to the training ground of this kingdom.

"Yes, indeed. I've called you because I have something important to discuss with you."

Father was looking out the window at the training ground, but when I arrived, he turned around and started speaking.

I wonder what this important matter could be. Honestly, I have no idea, but if Father, who usually has no interest in me, summons me, I can easily imagine that something is amiss.

"Lazel, how old are you now?"

"I've just turned 16 today."

Suppressing the urge to say that he should at least remember his own child's age, I answered.

I see, with just this question, I understand what Father is trying to say.

"I see, you're already 16. Your sister, Refanel, has been demonstrating her talent in swordsmanship and has won numerous tournaments. She's even considered unbeatable by those around her and is now known as the Sword Saint."

Indeed, Sister Refanel is an amazing person. She has always been better than anyone at everything she does, and when it comes to swordsmanship, even adults have a hard time beating her. She's now slightly feared as the strongest Sword Saint.

Even Sister Refanel has always been kind to me. I couldn't have imagined that I would be feared by people around me. Well, maybe there's a bit too much physical contact... Yes, just a bit.

Father continued speaking.

"And then there's your sister, Luciana. Luciana is only 13 years old, but her magical power is beyond measurement with magical crystals. She's continuously developing new magic and is already known as a sage."

In the past, Luciana used to stick to my side and was adorable.

And now she's a sage. You never know what might happen.

"But what about you? Despite your age, you lose in the first round of every sword tournament. You can't even use basic magic spells. And your thinking isn't particularly quick."

Well, with my sisters being so extraordinary, I must appear talentless.

No, I actually am talentless.

I've always been average at everything.

And because my sisters were exceptional, Father gradually lost interest in me.

"I admit that compared to Refanel and Luciana, I am completely inadequate. But I am trying my best in my own way."

I replied with a slightly irritated tone.

It's true that I lose in the first round of tournaments and may not have any talent in magic.

But I believe I'm doing my best despite lacking talent.

"Well, it's true that you might be trying your best. I've heard that you stay late to train every day."

"Then—"

"But on the other hand, even if you try your best, if the results don't change, it means you lack talent. Lazel, you've reached your limit."

I know I lack talent.

That's why I've been working hard.

"What do you suggest I do then?"

"You probably already know, but this place, the Lark Kingdom, is different from other countries. This country is fundamentally meritocratic. As long as you demonstrate your ability, you can rise to the top, even if you're a fool. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that power determines everything. In such a country, if the king's son, like you, is weak, it's not acceptable to the people."

The Lark Kingdom is known as the "Ultra Meritocracy" and is feared by neighboring countries.

The reason is simple. This country has many talented individuals and has never lost a war.

"Therefore, Lazel, I'm expelling you from this country. Leave by tomorrow."

Father declared with a cold voice, looking down at me with his usual indifferent eyes.

As night fell and everyone went to sleep, I decided to leave the country.

When Father told me I was being exiled, my mind went blank, but when I calmed down and thought about it, it might be a good opportunity.

As an ordinary person with average sword skills and no talent in magic, life in this country would be difficult for me. Besides, I've always been curious about other countries.

First of all, I need to secure a place to sleep and meals. Without money, nothing will work.

Becoming an adventurer and earning money to live freely might be an option.

And maybe I'll make friends and form a party... and eventually find a girlfriend...

Huh? I'm starting to feel excited.

Yes, that's right. I don't particularly have anything I want to do in this country, and if I'm told to leave, why not live freely and happily?

I may lack talent, but I have confidence in my positivity.

I think that's one thing I won't lose to anyone.

With a small amount of money and my sword at my waist, I walked along the dark road towards the exit.

"Huh?"

As I approached the exit, I saw a figure near the gate.

That's strange. At this time, there shouldn't be anyone here.

As I got closer, I recognized the person's identity.

"...What are you doing, Leifelt-sister?"

A beautiful woman with golden hair, extending to her waist and carrying a sword at her waist, was there.

Her golden hair was faintly reflecting the moonlight, making her look very beautiful.

"I heard you were exiled from the country, but you seem surprisingly energetic, Lazel."

"Well, I was a little down at first, but I'm fine now. I'm actually looking forward to what lies ahead."

Leifelt-sister is Refanel's best friend and we've always done everything together.

Although she's not my real sister, out of habit, I still call her Leifelt-sister.

"Heh, you're still as positive as ever. Come over here for a moment."

She gestured for me to come closer.

"Eh!"

I moved closer as she instructed.

Whack!

"...What are you doing, Leifelt-sister..."

Explaining the current situation, my face was buried in Leifelt-sister's ample chest.

It feels soft and has a nice scent, making me feel calm.

"Oh, I thought you might feel down after being expelled by your own father. I remember that you used to be happy when I did this for you in the past. Hehehe. Good boy, good boy."

That's a story from when I was young. It's embarrassing at my age...

But being stroked on the head feels good...

Whoa, that was close.

I need to keep my composure; otherwise, I might end up clinging to her forever.

"Well, I'm not a child anymore, so let go, Leifelt-sister."

Finding a way to escape from Leifelt-sister's chest, I managed to free myself.

"Oh, too bad. I wanted to hold you a bit tighter."

"But thank you. I'm glad I could feel Leifelt-sister's warmth one last time."

I have no regrets about leaving this country, but I feel a little sad that I won't be able to see Leifelt-sister, Refanel-sister, or Luciana anymore...

"Oh, really? I'll always be here to hold you tight whenever you want."

"Huh?"

"Well?"

"What do you mean?"

"Um, I won't be able to return to this country since I've been exiled. So I don't think I'll have the chance to see you again, Leifelt-sister..."

"That's okay. I'll accompany you, Lazel."

"Huh?"

"Well?"

I wondered what she meant by that. Was it a joke before parting?

"Um, I've been expelled from this country by my own father, so I can't return. Therefore, I don't think we'll meet again in the future, Leifelt-sister."

"That's fine. I'll go with you, Lazel."

"Huh?"

Last edited: Jul 7, 2023
    Prothean likes this.
  9. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Goddamn, his father was right, he does think slow.

The chick told him she is going with him at least 2-3 times and his brain is still blank as a freshly made A4 paper page.

10. Prothean

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!!!:)

Do you have plans to continue translating regularly? If you upload it somewhere I'll be one of the first to read it! (y)

11. Triggerblack

Triggerblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I already translated 6 chapters, I'll continue until I'm bored.
    P.s I'm currently work on my site, so I'll send u the link 4 days from now. With 25 chapters!

https://editmltacademy.wordpress.com/2023/07/11/exile/
    Here's a sneak peek.

Prothean likes this.
  12. Prothean

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow!!! That was a great first peek my friend (y). Thank you very much for the hard work.
    I hope you'll continue with the translation, and of course, at you own pace and time.

Thank you again.

13. Triggerblack

Triggerblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Been real sick so far, I'm real sorry I haven't been able to get to work, but I'll definitely release 10 to 20 chapters on August 1st

Prothean likes this.
  14. Prothean

Reading List:
    Link
    Hope is nothing serious and you're back in good health, take care yourself. And that release would be one of a hell birthday's present since mine is in August 7th!! :love:

Thanks a lot my friend!!! :D

15. flamespear

flamespear Member

Reading List:
    Link
  16. Triggerblack

Triggerblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It isn't a bump, I've picked it up. Just that I've been in and out of the hospital for a month now, I'm really sorry if I've disappointed everyone, but I'll get on translating eventually

Last edited: Aug 15, 2023
    Prothean likes this.
  17. Triggerblack

Triggerblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just finished posting my translations for 30 chapters please check out my website

Prothean likes this.
  18. Prothean

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks a lot my friend, I had already read up to chapter 23 and now I have more to read, which is great!!!! :D

By the way, I don't think it's fair for you to stress if you haven't been able to translate. At the end of the day, the rest of us are just "content eaters", so I think that the important thing is your health (and honestly I don't want you to feel pressured or uncomfortable), I shamelessly confess that I prefer a thousand times to wait that you translate at your own pace rather than you leaving the translation.

Thanks again and I wish you've already recovered in full. (y)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2023
    Triggerblack likes this.
  19. Triggerblack

Triggerblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks alot. I'll be taking a break for now, but I'll be posting at least 20 chapters a week.

Prothean likes this.
  20. Triggerblack

Triggerblack Member

Reading List:
    Link
    And can you mark the post as picked up? Since I'm done with 50 chapters