Spoiler Concubine walkthrough

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by DIJ28, Mar 19, 2021.

1. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was searching thread for this manhwa but couldn't find any. So I'm creating one.
    Description

At first, Yona gave some major side-eye to the popular game "Concubine Walkthrough" until she got sucked into it—literally! Now stuck as the villain, she has her hands full facing the infamously cruel king, shaking off scheming concubines, and befriending NPCs. There’s only one way the Game Master will let her out and that’s to become the Queen! Will she be able to stay true to her honest and straightforward self despite the palace’s intrigues? One extra problem: she’s got competition... ( from Tapas)
    Link Tapas:https://m.tapas.io/series/concubine-walkthrough/info#!/go-to-top

your crush, Macarol, Mandyj and 8 others like this.
  2. Spoiler Curator

Spoiler Curator Hi , Click Edit and Edit My Posts

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2022
  3. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here the eunuch called sunny is actually
    The king
    And also the heroine is
    A player
    Also
    Our MC and the heroine comes to know that they both are player

Twinkle, -NEAR-, otomereader and 13 others like this.
  5. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually don't understand Korean. Please someone give more spoilers.

jkumi7 and simplysharonda like this.
  6. VoodooHatter

VoodooHatter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a pity this webtoon hasn't caught on yet. I can't read Korean either, but judging from those raws? The story gets so interesting. I actually made an account just to share what I know about it.

Just a disclaimer; all I'll be talking about is based off the pictures (and some bad google translating) alone, so I might be getting some details wrong but here goes.

So as the previous poster said...
    The heroine (Lili) is indeed a player. The kicker? Lili is one of the game's developers or beta testers... and is a dude.
    That said, there is no romantic tension between Lili and Rahnee. They actually develop a cute sibling relationship where they playfully bully the other! And yes, they do form an alliance rather quickly. Lili did try to screw Rahnee over at first, but the situation turns hilarious very fast. This is one of those rare stories where the transmigrated 'villain' and 'heroine' actually help the other, and I LIVE for it.

Interestingly, it seems Lili, while he's aware that it's all a game, has lost some memories of his real life? Very unsure about this, take it with a grain of salt. But it also appears that Lili is unable to log out of the game as well.

So it appears that the game's relationship with the real world is complicated. Two NPCs in-game managed to teleport briefly to modern day Korea in their dreams (I think one of them has a magical connection or something) and one of them actually sees the freaking advertisement for the game and is like, 'why are lili's and rahnee's face on this weird paper'. I should note that I call them NPCs because there's no proof of them being 'players' yet, though I won't be surprised if at least one of them did turn out to be an amnesiac one.

It is also revealed that Yona's (or Rahnee as she is in-game) presence in the story is VERY unusual, because the Concubine Walkthrough game's release was delayed. Meaning there was no feasible way for her to have gotten into it, because it was never released to the public. The issue? There was something wrong with the game's AI. Yeah... On top of that, guess what? Rahnee and Lili are NOT the only players!

Youngjung is actually a player as well! Somehow, he forgot all about his real/past life and became totally immersed into the role as Youngjung. As of the latest chapters (40+) he regains some (?) of his past life memories, and he knew Yona Lee! Looks like he had romantic feelings for her even then lol

So how this was found out was pretty cool. Basically there was an assassination attempt on Rahnee's life, Youngjung saved her but got fatally wounded in the process, and we see him die... until he wakes up in this weird techno-field where Rahnee found herself in episode 7, with the big Rahnee avatar asking him if he wants to return to his last checkpoint with his teammates.

So you can guess what happened- suddenly EVERYONE (Rahnee, Lili, and Youngjung ofc) are transported 6 hours back in time. Rahnee and Lili don't immediately understand the situation outside of the fact time got reversed, so they look for Youngjung to save him from his previous fate. Thing is, he was searching for them as well and admits to having a very strange dream about dying for Rahnee. The lightbulbs in the girls' heads turn on, and they basically ask him to snap his fingers (this brings up the 'user menu' screen for all players). Youngjung does this, and a menu does pop up!! Pretty much confirming he IS a player. But as I said before, he doesn't remember being a player until chapter 40 or so.

From what is shown of his past life, he used to be a star football player in Yona's school until he lost a leg in an accident. I'm assuming Yona helped him recover from his ensuing depression. Also, Lili's real persona (the dude playing as her rn) looks to have offered real-Youngjung a spot in the game?

And finally about the emperor... I'm not sure if he's a player or an NPC. See, he can see Rahnee's user menu and Lili notes later on that NPCs can't see the menus, but when he snaps his fingers, his own menu doesn't pop up. Plus he appears to take his in-game backstory very seriously, relating a dead girl from his past to the current Rahnee (which is also why he's so taken with her now). Later on in the story, when Youngjung returns to a previous checkpoint, reversing time in the process, the world literally collapses around the NPCs. The emperor notices this and isn't shocked at all, saying its 'happening faster than he expected'.

My personal guess? The emperor might be the problematic 'AI' that delayed the release of the game. That, or a real developer of the game who's messing with the players for some reason lmao

7. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    will there be romance or whatsoever????? does the emperor actually likes the mc???? PLEASE

8. VoodooHatter

VoodooHatter Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oops, totally forgot to cover the romance bit.

You'll be happy to know there is, indeed, romance! More specifically, between Rahnee and the emperor.
    I should again preface this by saying I can't read Korean for shit so I'm probably missing out on a ton of details, but the emperor (or 'Sunny' as she knows him as) asks her out before she learns about his true identity. She gets into a bit of a conundrum about it, because while she does genuinely like 'Sunny', she's also aware he's just an NPC (I think? She's definitely hesitant about the romance at first though). She eventually goes, 'heck it' and kisses him anyway.

A looot of chapters later, she gets into trouble with the empress dowager (Sunny's mother) (?). But before the situation escalates, the emperor arrives (and stops his mom I think) and everyone quickly gets on their knees and bows (head-to-floor). Because of the position, Rahnee doesn't see his face immediately, though she recognises the voice as Sunny's. She looks up and finally learns that Sunny is indeed, the emperor, and is horrified to see the usually cheery and cute face she associates with Sunny replaced with the cold, emotionless glare of the emperor.

So some dialogue happens and the emperor ushers everyone out of the room except Rahnee. Now she's obviously afraid, because the emperor is the number one cause of Rahnee's death in the original game. But now that they're alone, the emperor is able to show his true emotions and hugs Rahnee, presumably as an apology for the stress he caused her earlier. It's all good between them after, because in less than 10 panels Rahnee kicks the emperor in the gut, aka the usual relationship lol. Of course, this means that Youngjung lost his side of the bet (if Rahnee remains in the dark about the emperor's identity, they both get to leave) and is distressed about it. I think.

Anyway, Youngjung is definitely second male lead. After regaining his real life's memories (and feelings for Yona maybe) he suddenly gets this dark, scheming look and approaches the emperor with what I assume to be hidden motives. I'm not sure if Youngjung knows that Rahnee IS Yona, though.

Sooo in a nutshell, it looks like the emperor genuinely likes Rahnee. But again, he has related her to a girl in his past who also called him 'Sunny', so whether it's genuine love for her personality or just because she resembles this dead girl, I'm not too sure. I will say I'm personally on team Youngjung hehe

Enjoy the spoilers!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  9. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You are our spoiler angel:blobokhand:

10. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I TRIED TO READ THE RAWS WITHOUT TRANSLATING ANYTHING BUT I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND A THING USBSISBWUWUWI i can read and understand a tiny bit korean and i kind of just understand the gist of a chapter but this manhwa i can't uabaiwhsiw reading the raws will wreck my brain SO THANK YOU SO SO MUCH

11. Purplerules

Purplerules Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for the spoilers

12. Ahyoe

Ahyoe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank youu.... thank you so much for the spoilers. I search everywhere for another translations but it just end in chapter 10. The raws have 50 chapters now.

simplysharonda and VoodooHatter like this.
  13. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm scared about and for Youngjung ngl, the chapter about the real him and the subsequent aftermath made him appear real sus to me. He might be becoming a villain or at the very least an antagonist in the future.

simplysharonda likes this.
  14. AileenOwO

AileenOwO Queen of Headaches

Reading List:
    Link
    Shiet at first i thought the emperor is some kind of game master, and somehow i get this SAO vibe. But i do feel happy we will have this brother sister relationship between ranhee and lily. But i dont really like the emperror I DONT LIKE HIM. His heart doesnt look pure to me and it hurts to know that someone you like, likes you back because you resemble someone from their past! :sweating_profusely:

Twinkle, potato berry, DIJ28 and 2 others like this.
  15. YuviellaHart

YuviellaHart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    More spoiler about the emperor identity please!

Also for some reason and for the fact that this world is pretty much corrupted I have a feeling that the girl who died in emperor arms seems to be the noble consort itself.

He looks cold towards her in front of others but i find it interesting how he spy on her like that. If he believed her to be a vicious woman from the start, then there's no reason for him to spy at her posing as an eunuch just to enjoy her "childish behaviour". You wouldnt do that to a person you're wary of. Its as if he KNEW something would happen / something is happening to her and that's why he took it upon himself personally to observe her even to the point of making his eunuch take his place in meetings. I think he could either be a very problematic bug in game development or simply part of the game development team or heck, he could be the creator himself.

16. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    can someone explain what the paper cranes represent??

MightyDragoon453 likes this.
  17. MightyDragoon453

MightyDragoon453 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Recent chapters on Tapas kind of describes them like messages almost, but it's also possible they are like tips or hints or something.
    Lili does explain it but sadly I don't speak Korean but that what I kind of got. They might also be helpful in leveling up?
    Hope it helps somewhat.

18. DIJ28

DIJ28 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Spoiler for chapter 25
    The emperor will kill that girl as much as I've seen in the raw

Rin.rinaaa likes this.
  19. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    My theory is that the dead girl is either Ranhwi or Yona or both. The chapter after Yona confessed to the (still disguised as a eunuch) emperor, she had a dream about the emperor when he was given the nickname Sunshine and was dissatisfied with the calling (and also of them kissing later). It might be other timeline situation as we can see that the emperor seems to be a kind of bug where he seems to know about almost everything and enjoy being a pseudo-player of the game himself.

river.wyles, Lucila and karls like this.
  20. CortiCorti

CortiCorti New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah somehow I feel like Ranhee and Yona are the same person...Perhaps ogRanhee --> Yona in reality --> Current Ranhee?