Question BL novel "Winning the Male Lead"

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Disolona, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Disolona

Disolona Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi!
    I stumbled upon a BL novel "Winning the Male Lead" - 荣获男主 - and it surprised me that it has such a low rating, but only 2 translated chapters and no reviews whatsoever. The novel is very long (over 400 chapters), the first 2 chapters are more or less interesting (it's hard to understand anything concrete yet), the rating on JJWXC seems pretty high and it is a QT novel, I love this genre a lot.
    Can somebody, please, share impressions on this novel? I am curious about it, and I can't understand why 1/3 of readers would rate it 3. Is it worth reading?

2. SuouNono

SuouNono Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dont some people like to rate novels badly just because of the genre? Although not all of them, some of them are probably like that

3. Stephanie1399

Stephanie1399 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people see BL or GL and automatically vote them poorly for it without reading any of it. I've seen this a lot even when there is only one chapter

4. animestar411

animestar411 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think you basically explained why there is no reviews. Its the 400chs. There is only a handful of translators who will stick with it till the end.no one will want to start a goof novel as you say o ly to be disappointed in updates.i am following a 30ch novel but it hasnt updated in over 3yrs.not to mention foxaholic is pretty unreliable