Discussion The Yuri Garden

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Moonpearl, Feb 13, 2017.

?

What should the next anthology title be? (Format is "__________: A Yuri Garden Anthology")

Poll closed Sep 7, 2022.
  1. Festival of Blooming Flowers

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Festival of Blooming Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. Lily-White Wishes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. Lily-White Wishes and Violet Desires

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. Autumn Lillies

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Planted Seeds

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Everlasting Evergreen

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Branches on the Tree of Life

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Perennial Blooms

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. The Sight by Yuri Lake

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. The Good Luck Coin

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  12. Yearning Under Rapturous Ideals

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Riptide01

Riptide01 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ooooh nice recs, def will read them when I have the chance! blobmelt_thumbs

Ngl, this one sounds a lot like the GL version of Heroic Death System (Which is a BL quick transmigration where MC has to die as heroically and basically as tragically as possible. The ML gets like super scarred from that and legit becomes really possessive in every world.)

blazingseraph likes this.
  2. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    Well... it might be if the reveal didn't make the MC's background intense as hell. Unless the Heroic Death System has the identity of the main characters turn out to be much grander than a normal human, then it might not be as similar as you think. As a small spoiler, the Heavenly system even thinks the MC's background is not simple and he's literally the god of the world the MC and FL are supposedly from.

3. YILYIL

YILYIL Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shameless plug for the new yuri novel I'm translating :aww:

The novel's name is After Being Bent by Reader.

Link:
    hostednovel(dot)com/18915/novel/after-being-bent-by-reader/abbr-chapter-1

*replace the (dot) with an actual dot.

Author's Introduction:
    Xu Chuanchuan is a yuri novel writer who firmly believes herself to be as straight as a steel pipe. At one time, she even swore to herself, "I will never date my readers!"

Afterward, Xu Chuanchuan inadvertently slept with the tycoon reader ranked first on her donation list.

Later on, Xu Chuanchuan found out that said tycoon turned out to be her boss, and she regretted everything she had done."

Reader: "The Lord has stopped regularly updating recently. Is she busy?"

Xu Chuanchuan dared not reply truthfully to this question. While enduring her aching back, she responded: "I feel unwell, so I'll be skipping releases for a day. /(ㄒoㄒ)/~~"

Xu Chuanchuan had been living a sweet and fulfilling life ever since she had secretly acquired a partner. However, it seems her body was becoming worse by the day...

4. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I finished reading another sort of apocalypse novel. It's called I Went Into the Escape Game After the Doomsday Rebirth. It's basically what it sounds like, the MC was originally the only survivor of her world that went through the standard zombie apocalypse with powers and everything, and then she went crazy and scorched half the face of the Earth. Some "gods" found her and promised to reverse time to 3 days before the tragedy that killed everyone except her in exchange for her participation in "escape games." These escape games are basically placing a group of people in a horror scenario where they need to figure out clues to escape will also trying their best to survive the horrors that happen in that setting. She then meets Tang Chu, someone else who survived from her world, and they end up going through these escape games mostly together.

It was really interesting reading what's essentially a series of horror scenarios with a very powerful main character and her very capable love interest. It's not actually easy for them to escape, but the knowledge that the protagonists of the story are very capable makes the anxiety of not knowing whether they'll survive or not much less. I only have 2 complaints about the story. 1. The story was way too short and didn't feel all the way fleshed out. 2. The ending felt abrupt and also too short. I'd have to give it an 8.5/10 for that but it's a good story up until you get to the end and feel that things ended way too suddenly.

Moonpearl likes this.
  5. Moonpearl

Moonpearl Professional Yuri Girl ❀ [Yuri Garden Creator]

Reading List:
    Link
    Happy Easter, everyone~! I hope you're all enjoying the lovely blossoming spring and the excessive amount of chocolate available at this time.

To celebrate, I'll share with you the best Easter/spring-themed pics from my collection, and some excellent Easter-themed reads~!

6mE2A76h114645434987295.jpg 55rzce14obp41.png 54513026_347043865928498_8888982891149156305_n.jpg Alice.in.Wonderland.full.118777.jpg cea5147a428cbc96c059dce6ed28e9e7.jpg hGE_xvtp6K-oOX6yxeFWnGTPUmftxgowpv3bcYTKUBg.jpg sailor-moon-crystal-neptune-and-uranus-history-of-yuri.jpg tumblr_oyfuksMWoB1shl41eo2_1280.jpg D7HfjpgXsAIsbTT-orig.png DzvZ4BIUcAAvEW3.jpg

For some spring-themed manga, you can check out:
    Milk Morinaga's "Bunny Road" (NSFW, strictly 18+), found here: https://dynasty-scans.com/series/bunnys_road
    Or Sengoku Hiroko's fluffy "Bunny Cafe", found here: https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bunny_cafe

If anyone else has any Easter recommendations for today, please do share~!

Sabruness, blazingseraph and Ddraig like this.
  6. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Moonpearl likes this.
  7. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading Subject is Always Decent GL and it's pretty good. A bit basic in terms of how things progress, but I don't really have any complaints about anything that happened. It's a quick transmigration novel where there's a Time and Space Administration with taskers that are assigned systems. The MC is the newest director and the FL is the inspection department's director, someone with almost equal power to the director. The first two worlds were where things were really interesting since the FL was trying to find problems with the MC and the MC was still holding back her true face when dealing with the task. The MC looks harmless on the surface but is actually black bellied and the FL looks serious but she's actually a tsundere. The whole appeal of the story is their dynamic with each other and it delivered for the most part. After they got together, this wasn't quite as apparent since the plot didn't have many areas to really showcase their personalities since they solve things quite easily. I'd have to give it a 9/10 since I don't have anything that I can criticize about it, I just thought it was a bit boring compared to other stories I've read.

countblackula and Moonpearl like this.
  8. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i remember @Yandere Devil posted a thread about a chinese gl drama... mirrors something. what is the status on that? can't find the thread so i tagged you here sorry >.<

9. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sigh
    宿主不会谈恋爱
    The host won't fall in love
    This one.. Qt.
    Well written
    Except... Why the fuggg after they get back mc didn't stop fl and she let her go abroand and fl got killed?
    Author set up be for some sophistry, and at the end mc killed herself!!! hhh.
    So before is mc too cowardly to confess to fl, fl go abroad and get killed, after world hopping mc confess, fl go abroad and get killed? I don't even... Hhh whatever.
    Basically no different from before, except mc know love and then fl left her just like before.
    Fugging sad. The last chapter is epilogue extra where mc meets fl.
    Just... Pretend no more chapter after xianxia world. (Yes, its that bad ending screw sophistication)
    From now on I'll check the ending first after dirst 3 chapter hh

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  10. XiaoWenTian

XiaoWenTian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok so to wash away the bad mood good stuff
    #Xwtrec
    笔下的虐文女主来找我算账了gl
    Abused heroine come to settle the account

Basically mc is an abusive story writer. Fl is heroine. Ancient wear modern since fl background is ancient china. Later mc marry fl.

穿书后,女主把我搞到手了?
    After wearing the book, the heroine gets me?
    Mc is transmigrator, she used to have poor heatlh and died from heart attack as Taekwondo athlete. Her mission is to save the abused heroine.

女配拯救计划[快穿]
    Female Supporting Character Rescue Plan
    This feels like reading VIPY, mc saves the poor supporting character.

穿成炮灰女配后我认真学习
    After wearing female cannon fodder, I study hard
    This one mc who is a medical researcher became a cannon fodder. Fl is her room mate

On going from ^ author
    穿成女主替身后我暴富了 By:茯喜
    I became rich after becoming Heroine stand in
    Mc who is AI researcher bind to system to be astand in, but she refused and decided to make money to prologue her life. Somehow it reminds me of using the villain money but its so different.

朱砂痣说她对我志在必得 by Kivey徒生
    Mc went reborn to high school but has memory lost. Fl is mc first love. Later mc remember her scum ex wife and starts chasing fl, her first love. Also its impossible to be with the ex wife.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  11. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk what you mean by "dark" but there's one QT novel I was reading that I didn't finish because I felt it was too abusive. By abusive, I mean all of the plotlines were BE and the MC was manipulating the FL to get her to both love and hate her. I only read the first two worlds but they're really long and the worst part is that it's actually well-written, just with very abusive plots. No clue if it's HE or what by the end, but what I do know is that I stopped reading cause it made me uncomfortable with how far the MC is willing to go to get the FL to hate her. It's more of being purposefully deceptive to make the FL think she's a piece of shit but is actually trying to help her by the end. The problem is, she's still a scumbag since she needs the FL to get her hatred and love value to 100 at the same time and will let the FL feel like shit for the majority of the world that lasts like, 100 chapters each. It's called I, a Scumbag, Just Tease but Don't Marry.

countblackula likes this.
  12. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    Finished reading a few transmigration novels. The first one is Be the Golden Finger for the Queen's Love Rival. It's an entertainment circle transmigration novel where the MC has to help the heroine reach the pinnacle of life and win back the international acting trophy. The twist is that the first day she transmigrates, she had a one night stand with said heroine... Besides that though, the plot is only there to supplement the romance where it's mutual attack with a lot of flirting and other stuff *wink wink* before they finally get together. The MC herself is pretty much the silly white lotus type of character and it's a real white lotus, not a fake one. The plot is pretty basic and it's similar to other entertainment circle settings, but the highlight of this book is how sultry the writing is. Like, reading it gives you heart tingles cause it's just so romantic and flirty all the time. In terms of romance, this story is a 10/10 for sure.

The next one is The Villain Master Dressed as a Heroine. It's a xianxia setting where the MC transmigrates into a book called the "Protagonist's Practice Manual" and her task is to help the heroine save the world and find true love. The unfortunate part is, she ends up transmigrating into the body of the villain master who abused the heroine and got ruthlessly tortured to death in the book. So instead of having that happen, she decides to be as kind to the heroine as possible to save herself from that fate in the future. A lot of stuff happens in between and the plot was changed along with some plot twists that happen in the middle that keep the story interesting. I will admit that while it was enjoyable, I still felt the story and plot was a little weak so I can only give it an 8/10. Weak as in, some of the reasoning behind certain events felt like they weren't sufficiently explained.

The last one is After I Wear the Book, The Heroine and I are Really Fragrant. It's also a xianxia setting where the MC is the original author of the book she transmigrates into. The book is about the heroine being abused and fighting her way to the top, but despite being the strongest in the end and taking revenge on everyone, she's still all alone. The MC transmigrates into the body of the heroine's junior sister who was the one who started the heroine's path on blackening with how much she bullied her in the beginning. Of course, she reverses that by not following the plot and hanging around the heroine wanting to protect her instead. This is because 1. she feels really bad about what she wrote now that she's actually seeing it happen in front of her eyes and 2. she's a face dog and the heroine hits all her aesthetic points since she created her specifically to be the most beautiful in the world. The twist here is, the heroine is actually reborn. She's the heroine at the end of the book coming back to the beginning. Imagine her surprise when the cannon fodder junior sister of hers suddenly acts completely different. And that's the setup to a surprisingly sweet text with a little abuse sprinkled in, what with the heroine being the demon lord and all that. 9/10 because while I appreciate the setting, I feel like the MC didn't quite "earn" the heroine's love. I feel like if there's going to be a love story with a setting like this, it should be more like I Want to Be Alone, Beautifully where there's some consequences the author has to experience before the relationship feels equal.

P.S. I will add that my ratings are based on similar settings I've read that I think were either 1. done better or 2. more intricate so I can't help but compare. Especially The Villain Master Dressed as a Heroine because it's similar to After the Full-Level Boss is Reborn and the latter is just way better in terms of everything. Unless a book has something that sticks out, I'm gonna end up comparing it to something else I read and if it doesn't live up to the standard of the previous books I've read, then I can't rate it very high.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  13. Titan0fPower

Titan0fPower Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anybody got some superhero or supervillain/regular civilian type books to read? Like kindle? There's not a lot of them honestly. I especially love stories where the FL slowly realizes the identity of the hero/villain.

14. Callisto_Aster

Callisto_Aster Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    does anybody have some good abo novels? I've read soft sister becomes a, pregnant with the villains boss's baby, queen diji, I became a milk dog after being bitten by omega.

我渣过的对象都偏执了[快穿] (my scumbags are paranoid) OH MY FU**INGG GOD!!!! this novel broke my heart and crushed my soul until it grinded it to dust. I FU**ING CRIED especially because of the last world or the real world because there is no happy ending. Like seriously I cried in every arc and I just REALLY REALLY wanted them to be together but IT NEVER HAPPENS.... I get my hopes up then BOOM it fucking plummets to the deepest layer of hell.
    every arc doesn't have a good ending and basically all the fl's of the arcs are yandere/possessive or whatever. they torture the mc and like rape her, AND THIS HAPPENS IN EVERY ARC

MythosRes and Moonpearl like this.
  15. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the recommendation, I just wanted to read something sad

16. Callisto_Aster

Callisto_Aster Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    every chapter just wanna makes me flip a table(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻. I JUST WANTED THEM TO BE HAPPY :notlikeblob: that's why I kept reading until the end but the end really sucks, After reading the novel it left a hollow feeling:blobcry:

17. aka13

aka13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, anyone here read fanfiction? I'm currently taking a break from reading chinese novel and come into fanfiction, so if anyone here knows a good yuri fanfic that is not oneshot or short stories, please give me recommendation.

These are fanfics that I recently read if anyone interested
    Child of Heaven (Fairy Tail, Completed)
    The Monkshood Flower (One Piece, Didn't update for a long time)
    Bootstrapping (Multicross, Ongoing)
    Yellowness (Overlord, Ongoing)

Once again, if anyone here knows a good yuri fanfic that is not oneshot or short stories, please give me recommendation.

Lyzzz likes this.
  18. countblackula

countblackula Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *hoards it* not yet, but i will, dont worry, just send me anything u got, i appreciate it

thank chuu a lot for the rec,

when i say dark, it can mean anything from toxic relationships to graphic gore to satanistic cults or whatever, but tbh, i always want them to have a happy ending, coz i love happy endings, but i want there to be a lot of suffering first.

if mc and fl get together or have an easy relationship, it just feels somewhat boring to me, you guys ever feel that?

i feel like ive read a decent fanfic in line with that kind of plot, but i really can't remember the title nor which fandom i read it from anymore ;n;

how many good fanfics do u want? :ROFLMAO:

19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Run it by me again? Have any examples? Cause I'd be down to read a few novels with mc's in satanic cults
    Guilty

20. blazingseraph

Reading List:
    Link
    What fandom in particular? I'm very well-versed in fanfics since that was basically my go to media source for GL stories.

Yeah... pretty much all of my fave stories are slow-burn and/or has some heavy angst before there's a happy end. One of my fave novels is I Want to be Alone, Beautifully, and that story is very abusive in the beginning until the entire plot gets revealed. The reason I'm even okay with how abusive the FL is towards the MC is cause it's a case of the MC being the author of all of the books the FL is the protagonist of and her path through said books are filled with abuse. It's just an eye for an eye at that point, so I can stomach it. It helps that the MC and FL both evolve through the story as does their relationship dynamic and they aren't truly "together" until later.

Also I was looking through the popular baihe novels on jjwxc and I can't help but notice that Xuan Jian's novels are all locked??? I was looking through to see what's even going on and I saw a bunch of 1 star reviews talking about how they plagiarized. Does anyone know what's the story behind that cause??? They're the author of Presumptuous if you don't know who I'm talking about.

countblackula likes this.