Spoiler Kill the Villainess

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Rin.rinaaa, Jan 1, 2021.

1. Astrology Freak

Astrology Freak Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sadly, not much spoilers yet. *sets up camping tent* Analysis Astro Again:

Anyways, I love how people debate back and forth about Whether or Not Helena is Blameless. Personally, I think it's another slight case of Maryjunism, from I Swear I Won't Bother You Again. Innocent Monster trope at play: "I mean no harm, and I'm trying to survive in this shark eat shark in this world, but I wholly ignore anything if it doesn't line up with my worldview." except, in this case, Helena can interfere (and even align herself with Eris!), but chooses not to do so. Either because she's written to be a crummy one-braincell shoujo protagonist, or because she's that loyal to the Prince. It's like a blend of Maryjun with a LOT of Ariel from When the Villainess Loves.

If you want a character who gets a verbal beatdown from that mindset, go read Miss Not-So-Sidekick. It's fantastic. And someone hold the Empress and Emperor accountable for god's sake. These are supposed to be political Chessmaster figures, but they're just letting their son waltz in with a gullible/too-pure-for-this-sinful-world commoner girl whom he forces into a marriage. They should have removed Helena (and her Mom!) away when they saw how this was affecting the political marriage. I'd appreciate a good shoujo that doesn't handwave political ramifications of royals doing what they want. And they said (in-universe, no less!) that the marriage between Ass Prince and Elise/Eris was important to unite the Royals and Aristocracy.

But they do nothing to make sure that it actually happens without a hitch lmfao-- Why doesn't anyone ever think of holding adults in charge accountable in these stories??? I mean????? This wouldn't have happened if they didn't use children/teens/young adults in their machinations? Or maybe at least watched the people around them carefully?

Helena is a full-on commoner with status (albeit bestowed) but keep in mind that the favor of royalty is fickle. It changes as fast as 2nd-3rd ML's feelings when Villainess MC 'changes,' LOL. And the Prince has, in some way, probably pressured Helena to marry him; though I wish that was actually shown in more detail rather than the poetic waxing of "I have no choice :(:(:(:(:(:(" That stance would have been much more effective if Helena was actually shown to be more...taciturn? Against the prince's advances. Or maybe if she used the Prince's favor of her to actively deflect away any attacks he made at Eris. To be honest, at this point, I just end up having a love/loathe relationship with this character trope: you're supposed to like them in-universe, but as a reader, these types of characters end up being the ones you want to trample over, because MC Sympathy Effect aside, the character is just plain, hair-tearingly stupid, in a relatable way. Especially if the moral dilemma is well-executed.

:blobuwu::blobuwu::blobuwu: As expected. Because what could go wrong from thinking with your donger and not with, idk, your brain? Ever considered maybe dating Eris and hanging out for a bit to see if she's really a Villainess, or it's just for show? Curious what kind of ramifications their dynamic will have on marriage and political power though. Politics and Royalty is a dirty game, and Helena is woefully unprepared for it.

A whole mood. I hope OG Eris reincarnates into a life where everyone loves her as much as she loves them.

2. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, the priest and the knight don't seem to hate OG Eris at all, from what i saw in the drawings, they don't glare at her at all, they just prefer Helena because they seemingly met her first and she's more energetic and full of smiles while Eris had bad rumors about her and kinda feels like she was more quiet and kept to herself.

The prince is an absolute jerk and he outright calls Helena his "possession" so screw the guy, also, Helena doesn't seem evil at all and she is being forced, powerful noble families generally can't do anything against royalty, does anyone expect a freaking maid to tell him no, should she go to prison or be executed for the prince's actions hurting Eris?

OG Eris also seems kinda nice but was seemingly snapping at the end, i guess her poison attempt was after a mental breakdown because the way Emma describes her, she wasn't the kind to poison anyone, possibly why Helena herself doesn't hate Eris and while in the novel didn't consider her a friend, still wants to be friends with her, Eris at her worst was just a quiet if overtly serious girl around a bunch of guys who want anything but a stereotypical noble girl from their point of view.

Even then, the knight seems to think she isn't so bad as he talks to her and even acknowledges away from the prince that him and Helena are hurting Eris...even if asking her to forgive them, at least he seems aware of how bad it would be for Eris and never hated her.

3. MuraoGuinSama

MuraoGuinSama New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please spoil on Eris and the ending? Is she going to be executed or that knight will be the one who will kill Eris?

4. Akki19

Akki19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will Prince like Eris in the future?
    If so what will happen to Helena?

5. NightmareSeller

NightmareSeller Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Returning to the original world? No love?
    Hehe, my cup of tea, what a pity, it's Korean. Sigh

HoneyTeaWithRabbits and Ceilo27 like this.
  6. evanesco99211

evanesco99211 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "I was unable to digest how most of the isekai MC gets adjusted to their environment so quickly."

That's because most of the time, the MC truly has nothing to lose and is pretty much already dead inside. Living a new life in a different world signifies a new chance and hope, so it makes sense that they would be pretty excited and into it. That, or they are pretty much in a do or die situation.

"Another thing I noticed is that when Helena ran to Eris and fell she said that she did things like that because the prince liked it. That is a big difference from doing it out of ignorance."

The fact that Helena acknowledges that she is doing something because the prince like it means she is not stupid. So, what part of Eris asking her to leave her alone and that she doesn't want to be her friend that she doesn't understand? It's like she's being obtuse on purpose as if she does it because she knows the prince like her like that (naive, innocent, friendly towards Eris). So, yeah, I get it when some readers say she might have repressed her true self in order to keep him happy. Even so, it doesn't mean I can like her given the circumstance and the effect it has on Eris.

"Even then, the knight seems to think she isn't so bad as he talks to her and even acknowledges away from the prince that he and Helena are hurting Eris...even if asking her to forgive them, at least he seems aware of how bad it would be for Eris and never hated her."

The fact that the knight acknowledges that they are doing something bad to Eris but he didn't try to stop them from doing so but instead trying to buy excuses for that unrecyclable trash of a prince means he is part of the problem. I mean, really? Instead of trying to help the victim, you try to get the victim to be more lenient and forgiving towards the abuser? Hence, I couldn't like him either.

Can anyone spoil the ending for both trash (the father-son duo)? It's unlikely but hopefully, both of them suffer a lot.

7. Wapdyne

Wapdyne Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    4C302385-BB95-4F3D-A48E-E0B4E03810D2.jpeg EA545A82-FC05-4D61-8440-0D29595F4B8B.jpeg
    502075DF-8414-465F-A49C-2182FDF18764.jpeg

verraol, syofiaa, toleneram and 69 others like this.
  8. Addictoo

Addictoo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does any1 noe what happens to Helena . I hope she has a bad ending coz I really don't like her acting like a Mary sue day in day out:blobexpressionless:

9. Anmol

Anmol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does the mc ask the ml to kill her? I know she wants to go back to her world but what triggered that to happen? Was she in jail or something?

10. Hashtag_16

Hashtag_16 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone's talking about anakin and the protagonist, but what happened to real Eris?
    Did real Eris actually die?
    Did she ask the witch for help or something?
    What happened to Eris's father?
    Was he angry or did he know that his daughter wasn't actually his daughter from the very beginning?
    What happened to Eris's maid

11. Silentstorm

Silentstorm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess she got tired of the 3 guys going after her and the resulting impostor syndrome she has which is actually true and requested her loved one to kill her and be done with it.

As for Eris, she either went to the afterlife or changed bodies with the girl that is now in her body, the manhwa makes it look like her wish to just get away came true and both possibilities could make sense...but since the MC apparently goes back to the modern world, i guess Eris just died or the story doesn't care enough to say what happened to her.

12. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    From what I recall, when MC became Eris, she saw how badly treated Eris was by the MLS. She isn't the kind to tolerate such hostility and she has a better life back in her own world so she has set her decision to go back in whatever means necessary and nothing will change her mind. Hence the ml killed her and burning her body even tho they like eachother.
    I'm not a fan of Helena btw, don't want to judge too early since I haven't read the novel or manwha but I always find nice protagonists boring because the only thing interesting about them is the plot that throws obstacles to them and relies on the other (actually interesting) characters to create depth to their character e.g. highlighting how nice, pretty and loved they are. It's also frustrating how they do little to solve the issues and have other characters particularly their love interest to do it for them. Seen that a lot in shoujos. Only a good plot would save the story. I know ppl have pointed out she's powerless but a lot of plots have powerless or not so smart characters because the writer intends it so the protagonist has room for change and improvement to grow stronger and smarter like shield hero. So can anyone spoil if Helena is given any character growth? Like getting the hang of social politics among nobility or gaining respect from others as the Prince's lover (despite being forced ofc) with her natural or learned abilities. Then maybe I might start liking her. Ofc, I won't make a proper judgement until I read the story, just want to know if there is more to her than a stereotypical nice protagonist loved by everyone

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    syofiaa, toleneram, Astezt and 21 others like this.
  13. jepifish

jepifish Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read the novel, but from what I've read of the manhwa it seems like the original Eris genuinely did pass away. She prayed so desperately her soul left the mortal coil. So sad.

14. Anmol

Anmol Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for answering my question peeps. Homegirl got tired of trash, don’t blame her for getting tired of the novel world.

15. Lovina

Lovina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm more curious how in the og plot helena seem to know exactly what to said to attract the mls and where to find them (like the priest and the bakery) even when they are complete stranger like the priest . Is this just a plot device of the og cliché story or does is it have reason behind it ? And was our ml in love with helena/hated eris too in the original plot or no ?

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  16. asryiiiirt659

asryiiiirt659 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    God there's just mostly discussions on helena and very less spoilers. I read till ch14 of manhwa and I'll just summarize it in short.
    The crown prince didn't get any punishment or even a rebuke for hitting Eris. He didn't even send an apology to her.

Eris is asked to come to the royal palace to try her dress with the prince for the knight ceremony. They have to wear matching clothes at the ceremony.

While Eris is going to the royal palace, she sees everyone is so happy and she gets sad as she has to try clothes with that jerk. She stops the carriage and runs away. As she's trying to escape from the knights, she meets a bunch of kids who help her escape. One of the kid takes her to a safe place and for his help, he asks her for reward. Eris takes out her earrings and gives it to him. Just then they hear the sounds of the knights approaching, the kid hides eris hides in some dark place.

It's actually the ml who comes in. Ml finds her out and gives back her earrings. He tells the kid that nobles can't be trusted. There's a little friction between them but eris tells them not to tell anyone about this. When she's about to leave, ml sees her feet are covered with dirt and mud(she removed her heels to run) and gives her his shoes.

Eris comes back home and everyone asks her where she was. She doesn't answer and while she's bathing she decides to get Hybris' help. Girl is really done with this world.
    She has to go to the palace the next day and there are around a dozen knights surrounding her to stop her from again running away. One of the servant(butler?not sure) tells her that the prince has gone somewhere to do some work, so she'll have to try her dress alone. After trying her dress, she goes to look for Hybris. Fortunately, she sees him very soon and tries to run after him, but she falls very badly and hurts her foot. Hybris helps her by treating her foot and apologizes for his rude behavior(remember when eris scolded him for talking to an unmarried lady, that's why he apologizes and calls him touching her foot a rude behavior). Eris notices the way he looks at her. It's not like how a man looks to admire a woman's beauty rather it was as if he was trying to peek into something deep. She asks him can he see that she's different and he replies yes, as he can see the color of people's souls. He tells her that her soul is different from the people of this world and that's when she tells him that she's from another world.
    I used all of my free passes for this. Hope newtoki can update quickly. Next chapter has moments with Helena.

17. harmoniche

harmoniche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so in the end
    she goes back to her world and can't even take anakin with her????? wtf that's so sad. did they mutually love one another?

18. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well apparently, it was hinted that they will reunite in MC's world. Currently waiting for spoilers on that

Ooh like beware of the villainess and when the villainess loves :aww:. If that's the case, I look forward to binge reading the manwha. I love stories that smashes tropes or creates parodies of their own genre. That's why I've been enjoying isekai anime recently lol

syofiaa, Ceilo27, Gothita and 3 others like this.
  19. kimmaeli

kimmaeli Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just finished the available translated webtoon. And here I am looking for spoilers. It's amusing to see people from different places are commonly reading 1 webtoon at this moment :blob_pompom:

Thank you so much for all the spoilers so far. I haven't seen Anakin yet in the webtoon but my heart is already bleeding. That sacrifice tho. :blob_teary:

Now don't mind me. Just camping here. Continue.:sushi_sleeping:

20. mal_bertha90

mal_bertha90 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Holly! Lol I can't so those scumbags actually fell in love with her ? Pffft-- hahahahaha