Question The Legendary Mechanic missing chapters

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by jack3643, Apr 4, 2021.

1. jack3643

jack3643 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just curious if there's any reason that the legendary mechanic only goes to chapter 38 (I think) on Novel Updates? The reviews say people are up to chapters 1400-ish. I can find the novel elsewhere, but would prefer to able to bookmark it with Novel Updates.

Just curious and thanks in advance for your time.

2. Lepsy

Lepsy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has up to 1287 chaps on WN, the others probably read MTL ?

3. Alchyr

Alchyr Master of Procrastination

Reading List:
    Link
    chapters behind paywalls are not listed on NU

4. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Webnovel's chapters are paywalled, so they aren't listed on NU. This applies to pretty much Webnovel novels, the ones that have a lot of chapters from Webnovel used to be free.

5. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    you see,
    once upon a time, novels were translated for free,
    then came qidian, who did not like this idea,
    they used DMCA to threaten translators and make them fold
    Then used their greedy little fingers to keep the novels in their hold
    They said to NU; Paywalls? That, we will never do!
    Then sold spirit coins and said; we only ask spirit stones from you!
    Hypocrisy abounded, and Nu said; Screw off.
    Their chapters were no longer listed, a decision i love. :)
    This is the end of this little rhyme,
    Forgive me if it's bad, but i was short on time.

6. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cause webnovel locks chapters so NU only show the free ones.
    The novel (chinese raw) was completed like half a year ago so there's plenty of people who finished the novel, including myself.

Also unrelated to everything else but I just got to say that the webnovel translation of Transcendental Mechanic (name on LNMTL) is bad and the manga adaption is a joke (both the actual adaption and the translation).

7. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's because there's a 2nd paywall for privilege subscribers.

8. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice post. I like the rhyme.

9. jack3643

jack3643 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the replies.
    I wasn't talking about WebNovel, but another site. I haven't actually read any of it, so it's possible it's all MTL though.

10. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Books are not supposed to free.
    Even if Qidian are mass murderers, it doesn't justify the entitlement for books to be free.
    It is one to thing to pirate but audacity that some have to brag about it is pathetic

11. mio

mio just me

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, honestly, i may have put it in a little rhyme that does not explain a lot, but you might want to mind your language when you are obviously speculating about what i mean without knowing what actually happened.

Yes, they were offered for free by translators, no, there is nothing wrong with an author or their publisher wanting to be paid for his work.

But what you might not know, is that qidian used the threat of a DMCA to intimidate translators into giving up their rights to their own work, basically picking it up for free and then selling it off for money.

So they are getting other's work for free, not the other way around. The translators received donations, and invested time and money into translating to share their passion, only to have their work stolen from them, and their passion doused with cold water...

They would have gotten it all, if not for a few who protested and made a deal to share their chapters on the condition that they could keep hosting them, like wuxiaworld. This is why coiling dragon and a few others can be read there as well.

The whole situation was a mess at the time because while the translators were morally in the right, legally it was quite the gray area. Qidian just happened to be the assh*les who took advantage of that to scare people into giving up their rights, or working for them, signing a contract, and then slowly get ousted and replaced by other, sometimes worse, translators.

But I can only speak of what i saw and experienced at the time, which is limited to mostly the novels i read and information that has been passed down by both sites, so i might not know the whole story.

What i do know is that at some point Qidian promised not to paywall their chapters and instead use other means to get money, then they introduced spirit stones, and literally said that they did not paywall it, as they did not ask for money, but for spirit stones, something that really put them on my blacklist, as i hate it when people take others as simpletons.

AncientFang and Aribeth like this.
  12. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not talking about you. But lets not pretend that a large amount of people on here think like that.
    That is why your post is very much liked.
    Although this book went for $100 per chapter
    https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/32067/never-die-twice
    So I have hope

PS Your post is too long.
    I am going back to my drama

13. Vaorlo

Vaorlo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    was gonna recommend a site but its apparently blocked so cant. even if i censor it ill get perma banned. sadge

BXN has all the chapters. cant post the link so youll have to guess what it stands for ;/