Discussion Who's your favourite villain/villainess and why?

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Hazel00, Apr 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    This thread might contain spoiler, don't forget to put on spoiler

My favourite is Amon, the angel of time from Lord of the Mysteries.

He's smart, cunning, and really really terrifying and scary!:sweating_profusely:(not in appearances). He's very very strong i often got scared while reading :blobsob:

[​IMG]

2. Delusion

Delusion Dark lord

Reading List:
    Link
    You forgot - He has a crush on Klein

Hazel00 likes this.
  3. phucanhcr02

phucanhcr02 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    His illustration looks like Akira Kurusu from Persona 5.
    At least that's how I imagined he looked.

Hazel00 likes this.
  4. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    I came here to talk about how Amon is my favorite villain but you beat me to it. So I guess all I can say is, Amon is by far my favorite villain. Dude has this casual attitude to all things he does. But the things he does? By god if they're not the most horrifying. Imagine everyone you know being replaced by one dude with a monocle. There could be a hundred Amons all around you. Your entire neighborhood could be replaced by Amon's copies and you wouldn't notice a thing. But then one day, you see your coworker got a new monocle. You look up and are greeted by the sight of your boss. He is wearing a monocle. You turn around. The guy from the canteen who brings the tea/coffee is wearing a monocle. EVERYONE in your office is wearing a monocle. You run out. The guard asks, "You aight mate?"
    You start, "Is it hallowee-" but your word gets stuck in your throat. Why? The guard is polishing his monocle. You run back home. Everyone in the street is wearing a monocle. You get to your door and slam it shut the moment you enter. Your doggo smells your distress. He jumps up and starts licking you to comfort you. After tussling with him for a minute or two, you calm down a bit. "Down boy," you say. "I'm gonna take a bath. Where's momma?"
    The doggo, thanks to all his training and smarts, understands you. He points towards the bathroom with a paw. You turn towards the bathroom door and see your wife's alluring silhouette. "Thanks boy. I'll give you a treat later," you say, before entering the bathroom. Perhaps it's because you're finally home and are feeling safe, but you don't notice the dark circular patch of fur around your doggo's eye.
    You push aside the curtain and sneak up to your wife to give her a hug.
    She squeals. "Honey, you startled me!"
    "Sorry baby. But I need to feel your warmth. Something really spooky happened today. I think my tea was spiked," you say, turning her towards you.
    Your wife is giving you a sweet smile but you fail to notice it. The reason? The water falling down from the shower is floating around her eye. It looks exactly like ... a monocle.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Fulminata and Hazel00 like this.
  5. Hazel00

Reading List:
    Link
    We all love amon :blobsmilehappyeyes:

6. Shiroikaze42

Shiroikaze42 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can we do more than one here?

Suikoden II (and we can do games, right? ... right?)
    Luca Blight, though not the main villain, is pretty great. He's presented as a force of nature villain, and the mechanics of the game help to sell that idea. He's a king turned mad by his possesion of the True Beast Rune, so he's got superhuman strength, a powerful army at his beck and call, and he's out to destroy whatever is in his path. What sticks in my mind to this day is the final showdown with him. You first have to try your hand against him in an army battle, then after getting him into an ambush, you have to fight him in 3 consecutive party battles, then after he's been cornered and stuck full of arrows you have to finish him off in a duel. Plus his status as not-the-main-villain was an important choice, since his main purpose was to be an unstoppable terror.

Mushoku Tensei
    Rather than anything about this villain's personality or cunning, the setup for him is what I find great. His motivations are simple: he doesn't want to be sealed away for eternity. But he has no direct influence on the world. He can only see potential futures, and talk to people in their sleep. That means he has to get other people to help him. And his lackeys could be anyone, anywhere. Similarly Rudy, the protagonist, can't directly fight against the villain. Heck, he often plays into the villain's hands without realizing there is a villain.

AngryOnion, tirirism and Hazel00 like this.
  7. Hazel00

Reading List:
    Link
    It's fine i think :blobmelt:

Oh yes! The villain from mushoku tensei still leave a deep impression for me. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

:blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:i remember thinking of buying monocle just to prank my friend :blobparty::blobparty::blobparty: just like when klein pranked Red Angel Medici

AngryOnion, Shiroikaze42 and tirirism like this.
  8. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Amon, and The Emperor from Joy of Life

Hazel00 and Fulminata like this.
  9. Coffea to Ell

Coffea to Ell 【❀ Sleepy Bunny ❀】

Reading List:
    Link
    Forgot who they are, never have favourite villainess :blobpeek:

Hazel00 likes this.
  10. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    I seconded this! He is despicable, but boy i did cry a river at the emperor's final moment :blobsob:

And this art is soo pretty! :aww:

prasantbagale and Hazel00 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.