Migraine

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Shiro0309, Apr 4, 2021.

1. Shiro0309

Shiro0309 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im having a migraine attacks every month it lasted 3 to 5 days. Sometimes its bearable but theres a days that its fucking hurts. I dont know what to do? I dont want to take a pain reliever medicine. Im trying to change my lifestyle but nothing happens.

Its already 7 years ago since my first migraine attacks and i remembered it clearly. I cried so bad cause it hurts. Im always feels hungry but always vomits what I eat. Too sensitive. Even doing some massages on pressure points doesnt help a thing.

If you know some remedy thats really effective let me know

Ps. Sorry english is not my first language
    Pss. I just want to rant cause im having a migraine attack today

Shizukani likes this.
  2. Shizukani

Shizukani Chronically stressed

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, have you consulted a doctor?

Bright_Lucky_Star and Fulminata like this.
  3. Shiro0309

Shiro0309 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I did try. I asked out school doctor back then. But what i have remembered he given me pain killer medicine in case that I cant bear with pain anymore. And he also said maybe i just stressed or something. But it was years ago.

4. Orenge

Orenge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Agreed, is there like a family doctor that you can go see? Since it's causing you a lot of pain, maybe they might be able to find what triggers it for you, if anything, and investigate the cause. Also, generally 3-5 days for a migraine is considered quite long.

Fulminata likes this.
  5. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    Painkillers, painkillers, painkillers. They are your friend and your enemy ;-;

I can't count how many times I cried due to migraines.

Hamski and Shiro0309 like this.
  6. Shiro0309

Shiro0309 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry we dont have one. Im from a lower middle class family. Every time that I thought of going to a doctor I only see bills. I did try asked once, our school doctor back then cause it is free. Maybe i should try to save some to ask for consultation. But im afraid they only give me a painkiller as an option. Also im guessing that my triggers is my mens. Since my attacks specifically happens before or during my mens.

7. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Doctors are honestly useless for headache issues. The best they can do is recommend some medication or diet/lifestyle changes.

As someone who has had headaches/migraines for around 10 years now, there are 2 things that have worked for me. The biggest thing was finding the most common trigger. For me, this was a lack of sleep. If I get anything under 8 hours of sleep I pretty much have a 50/50 shot of getting a migraine that day. Try sleeping more! Also, try investigating for triggers in your diet, hydration, inhalations (smelling strong chemicals), or excessive blue light exposure from computer screens.

The other thing that works is Advil. Use 2 tablets and the pain usually goes away if you use it early when the migraine is starting. Other pain medicines probably work too.

8. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    Go to a DO if you have one in your country
    Basically a doctor who specializes in osteopathic medicine. There are several techniqes like cranial vault, OA decompression and cervical HVLA that can be done to cure migraines

At the least try to avoid stimulus like lights or things that provoke the migraines and roll a towel underneath ur neck when u fall asleep to relax the cervical muscles

Beren, Shiro0309 and Coffea to Ell like this.
  9. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Have the doctor ask you to do ct scan? A friend of mine got persistent migraine and was diagnosed with meningitis :blobwoah:

10. Shiro0309

Shiro0309 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used advil when only if it’s necessary but as much as possible i really dont want to intake pain killiers anymore. I am afraid that someday it will not takes effect anymore. Im guessing my trigger is may menstruation as it always happens before or during my mens. And it is really my trigger, i really dont know what to do? I really can’t stop my menstruation to happens. :(

11. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Try full body check up in hospital, just in case there's "something" in your body

12. Vanidor

Vanidor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you mean like described in here?
    https://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/hormones-headaches

13. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not a relief, but maybe try some paracetamol?
    Else, IDK how old, your gender, exercise routine & food habits, but maybe try checking blood pressure for hypertension or goes to a lab to test cholesterol level?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  14. Shiro0309

Shiro0309 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link