Discussion About Cyberpunk 2077...

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by reagents 11, Apr 5, 2021.

1. reagents 11

reagents 11 disaster personified

Reading List:
    Link
    Perhaps it's a good game even for just it's story and soundtracks ? It has shitty gameplay, mediocre animation, poorly thought out voice lines, poor voice acting by Keanu Reeves (seriously i can't decide whether the character he played as is just that dead inside or he's just suck at voice acting), and tons of bugs.
    But seriously the soundtracks is such a banger though and the storylines seems promising enough for me (please no spoiler i haven't play it all that much).
    So yeah. I hope this post can help Cdpr get some credit back and support even just here so they fix this game faster.
    The game is not waste of money guys so feel free to buy them if you see some chances to get them at a discount. I feel that the game itself would make a good comeback later.

2. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone whose gone through the game twice, I'll argue against the shitty gameplay. I felt the gameplay was more fun than Elder Scrolls (which honestly this game is pretty much a futuristic version of Elder Scrolls minus the extensive modding capabilities.) All the glaring bugs on the PC side are now fixed (although driving still stinks.)

3. 01

01 [REDACTED]

Reading List:
    Link
    They released this game too early. IMO it's not the fault of cdpr since everyone pushing them to release the game. Also yeah their soundtracks are banger.

Mnotia and reagents 11 like this.
  4. BigBadBoi

BigBadBoi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    they had seven years to make this game wdym

Lurking and Havisu like this.
  5. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    As an FPS offline shooter the gameplay sucks. Since their A.I is bad at least give us more enemy to fight. Let them do some serious damage or stun variation.
    Also that boost jump should be multi directional.

They spent around a year or two to remake their game resources to better graphic specifications. Frankly speaking yes they could've release the game sooner if they weren't too worried about the game graphics. I think this is where their development focus shattered.

Lurking and 01 like this.
  6. lunarshadow

lunarshadow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well that's the thing, it's not an FPS offline shooter, it's a first person action RPG. The AI could absolutely be better. As to the boost jump, while I'd like it to be multidirectional it wouldn't make internal logical sense to the game since they do try to actually obey physics to some level.

7. Hamski

Hamski Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Idk about you guys but I’m rather annoyed with all the failed launches lately. Id rather they just stop announcing release dates publicly way before release and instead wait until 6 months to a year before it’s actually ready. Basically announce when you almost have a finished product. That way they can just push back as many times as they need internally. Of course it’s still up to Project Managers to make sure they aren’t taking so damn long they are in the red, but I think this method works fine. You don’t need longer than a year or 6 months to generate hype, and with events like E3 it’s probably easy to strike while the iron is hot for sales.

Lurking and reagents 11 like this.
  8. Mnotia

Mnotia The Trash Man

Reading List:
    Link
    https://gritdaily.com/cyberpunk-2077-studio-ceo-apologizes-for-rushed-release/

Most of the official reviews for the game were for the pc version. Problem was that everyone that bought the game after release were playing the console version which was rushed due to pressure from investors and people within the company.

I own Cyberpunk on pc and ps4; I can calmly say that the console version was WAYYYYYYYYYY TOOOOOOOO RUSHED.

They focused on making the game looking good instead of making sure the system can even render the shit they made look good.

I will say that if they gave the game 2 more years then we would be looking at the best game of 2020-20xx.

nonsensical and 01 like this.
  9. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if you hardly played it that much how can you judge all that stuff ? even more as that start is a bit slow ( rather usual for rpgs) and it gets better later on
    shitty gameplay ? i had no gameplay issues - perhaps questionable balancing but gameplay ? no
    animations ? didnt have anything special that hit my eye whould have said "normal"
    voice lines ? what did you expect ? another duke ? or a serious sam ? and they arent famous for being so high quality ...
    havnt played the game in english cant complain about the localized voice acting
    bugs sure while i must say it wasnt anything gamebreaking for me
    how do you get credit back for CDPR ? do they need your feedback? would they look here for it ?
    and the stuff you critizeded isnt stuff they could/would fix anyway
    shitty gameplay would be a big stop sign - non one in their right might buys a game with shitty gameplay...

recommandation to buy and your critics dont add up
    also you should probably mention on what platform you played as PC was mostly fine , next gen consoles ok and current gen a mess

Mnotia likes this.
  10. reagents 11

Reading List:
    Link
    Played on PC. And yes gameplay sucks. In particular the combat. The combat system is major drags on everything else because it disincentive me to look and collect better guns (even when the gun models look dope). For an fps combat it managed to be more of a drag than fun.
    Other than that it's fun to explore for side mission, special interaction on everything including special npcs.

Like my suggestion. They should've give more enemies since their A.I is bad like what they do in Doom. It's still a far cry from FEAResque gun fu style combat I'd imagine it to have but that would be absolutely more fun than what we have right now.

11. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    since you seems to have missed it let me quote it
    "Well that's the thing, it's not an FPS offline shooter, it's a first person action RPG"
    want a fps go battlefield/cod/MW/gta etc
    in CP you build/develeop your character want to melee only? no problem
    what shooter would let you go on without shooting ?
    whats next ? someone calling CP a racing game because you can drive fast cars ?

12. Khaos-Thanathan

Khaos-Thanathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Even and especially for an Action RPG, the gameplay is bad. The gunplay may be enjoyable, but the AI is horrible and there isn't really any variety when it comes to enemy types - something which should obviously be there in an Action RPG. All you have are boring bullet sponges. That may be awesome for people who crave power-fantasies, but for gameplay purposes, it's just bad.

The story of the game is also quite mediocre due to its rushed release. There are several inconsistencies and it's obvious that the story is unfinished. There should have been at least two additional acts for a decent experience, but oh well... The game - even though it's selling like hot cakes due to being massively overhyped - is ruined for good and will never reach the promised state anyway.

13. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i fail to see your point for most builds gunplay would be the elementary part of the game, story might be another but AI ?
    besides alien isolation were there hardly any games deserving to use the term AI with their mix of script based bots/enemies

on one side this is no fantasy rgp so no dragons orcs goblins and co so per se its clear that most of your enemies would be human with some mechs/robots here and there .
    so for your normal gang/mob enemy would you expect some basic builds/implants or do they get top grade military/experimental stuff all over the place ?
    wouldnt randomizing the enemies destroy the imersion ? "wow i play xx hour to get that stuff worth xxx million and that small thug ... "

i dont need my action rpgs to be a dark soul clone

the story isnt related to the releasedate even if they took several months longer they would have fixed bugs or optimized the game for consols they wouldnt have added any act or bits of story anyway

unfinished story ? it that new for you ? cliffhangers that should make you buy a add-on, dlc or the next installment of a series ? TW3 had 2 big add ons , cyberpunk needing 2 more acts in your opinion wouldnt that be a match ?
    there had been so many changes and there will be more so i dunno how you could call it ruined for good even more as most players on PC had their fun with it and it wasnt a bad game in anyway just not up to matching the hype (what game did that anyway)

and just for my curiosity could you list what they are missing for the "promised state" because i guess its more about personal expectations than about real promised content/stuff

14. Khaos-Thanathan

Khaos-Thanathan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, to each their own I guess.

Personally, I found the game to be rather disappointing. CDPR could have done more. In regards to enemy types, they could have at least done more with cyberware and quickhacks. Enemy netrunners were basically useless and haven't done much. And the AI? The game is broken in that regard. You just have to look at the comparisons with dirt-old games like older GTA titles.

In my opinion, it's also obvious that the story is unfinished and I don't mean the kind of "we release quasi sequel content afterwards as DLC" unfinished, but truly unfinished. Hell, there are whole areas that are inaccessible. Just look at Pacifica.

...and no, the game is blatantly unfinished due to its rushed release. There are several videos on yt on what CPRD promised and what they've delivered. It has nothing to do with personal expectations. I don't hate the game. After all, I also invested a few hundred hours in Night City. But if I had to rate it, it's a 6/10 at most.

15. phobos

phobos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sure played gta since vice city
    and i dont see any AI in them anyway all stuff script based just look at the "follow mission" do the enemies choose random ways or follow waypoints ?
    just take a look at most games they even fail to make your companions usefull or smart or you let them act scriptbased again
    AI occupies CPU time that might miss at other places and if you have 10-20 enemies each with its one instance of AI ... (not everyone has a 16 core 32 threads cpu )

for me its overrated even more as convential means might give you the same results

cant say much about the end i think i put about 20-24h into the game still im pretty sure that even several months of delay wouldnt have changed the story/content in any way but just the reduced bugs or make it run smoother on consoles even the last delay they took was only used to fix console stuff (for current gen with minimal success)

they didnt really had to answer their fans but their investors so you might ask yourself if 2 years delay would be something realistic

i know its sad but it seems like the "they cant fail devs" are all gone now first might have been bullfrog with quite a lot great games
    blizzard had 1-2 decades where almost everything they did turned out great, and CD Project Red might have been the last giving them the "we are on your(the gamers) side" until here they showed us otherwise dunno if they can earn back the trust

years ago it was from gamers for gamers , sure devs had to make a living out of it but all the investment stuff is a whole new dimension no more are great games to goal but milking the gamers to satisfy their shareholders