Recommendations New fantasy novel to look forward

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by RAON7, Apr 5, 2021.

Tags:
  1. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Looking for good new fantasy novels in 2020/21. Preferably with male protag. +100 point if it was bromance.

I found some too.
    If you are interest in The S-Classes That I Raised, you might like it :
    • What Happens When the Second Male Lead Powers Up ( how to advoid death route type of story as second ml in romance-kingdom-fantasy novel).
    • Necromancer Survival ( weakling protag summon dead ml as servant in modern-dungeon setting. But its shonen ai).

2. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry, no interest in S-classes That I Raised.

It has the classic KR problem. The MC isn't directly OP (this is the good part, just bear with it a bit), but his allies, all of whom love him are. And his abilities perfectly complement them so the author reaches for exotic problem enemies, only to hand the MC solutions for those as well.

We reach mid, or late stage of the novel and instead of giving straightforward answers to each other, MC and allies talk halfbaked philosophical shit because the setting is actually a simple cut and dry apocalyptic or fantasy dungeon setting but the author doesn't wanna admit that even to themselves, much less the readers. We get completely misguided metaphors that painfully obviously don't fit the situation.

To give an example of there are The Novel's Extra and Omniscient Reader's Viewpoint. Great start, unfortunately both fall later because the closer it gets to the end, the more the story starts navelgazing and treating the readers as idiots as the author reaches ever deeper into a thesaurus in an attempt to confuse everyone.

Omniscient Reader had a system separate from pure stats. Your deeds can form into an ability backed by the "authority" of you performing the deeds before now crushing new enemies ( example, story's Uriel is the main demon slayer. Authority based on that or Story is a Flame ability focused on sure killing enemies judged as evil in nature.) It took solid 20-30 chapters for the author to spit this out using dialogues where characters painfully miss the point because all of a sudden they become incapable of straight conversations.

Read three KR different type novels and you read them all. It's all based on several similar scenarios played absolutely same using different terms. They do have better character motivations tha JP and CN novels a lot of the time, sadly it's balanced by a quickly mined out basic premise and no adding to worldbuilding after the starting 30-40 chapters.

That's a problem for a typically duration novel of 300-400 chapters long when it exhausts its plots at 150 chapters. Legendary Moonlight Sculptor had an interesting progression and add ons for the 40ish volumes I followed before the copyright struck back. So it is possible to progress instead of getting stuck like that.

Edit: Oh, try Regressor Instruction Manual. It's not "this year new" but it's a solid thing. Except if you can't stand despicable MCs, because he has no field where he is top dog ( aside from alchemy, but that's a later thing due to him stacking work anf bonuses in that to get that far).

So he instead plays fast and loose on the moral front. As in, he takes whatever stand lets him win and then makes it look good for allies and the public.

Bachingchung and otaku31 like this.
  3. orangethegreatorange

orangethegreatorange Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Trapped in a Webnovel as a Good-For-Nothing - newly translated and has plenty of bromance!

4. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup i read RIM Its a good read. But I dont really like the novel extra mc so i drop it halfway.

Well my taste in novel was like this. Fantasy-Companionship . I didn't care much about them using the same world built.

Im simple man, if i like the mc and the relationship surrounding him, i read. I don't care how the author prepares my ride. As long as the circumstances surounding the mc not turning upside down and lead to bad end. I have no complain.

Of course i read KR famous one like ORV TCF including S Class. They have their own good and bad point but still dominate the top

About The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor i found him recomended everywhere but haven't read. Plan to read the manhwa first

I read the manhwa. I dont know it has novel. Thankyou! I'll read that. Since manwha is just a tip of iceberg.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  5. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Autohunting manhwa. Modern post apoc KR, fantasy, the usual dungeons, monsters, army can't get them all.

MC is a bro going far for his mentor to solve his ( the mentor's) crippling injury. In fact, he is willing to travel to China, deal with many obnoxious people as long as it takes to find a cure for the mana crippling ( at least I assume that was the main issue, in setting its mana/qi referred to as c.e. or core energy).

It's also reassuring that MC is suspicious of "autohunting" ability and uses it for developing his actual combat style and in pinch situations because he figures something miraculous like that suddenly popping in one day will probably leave as quick one day and if he doesn't adjust before that happens it would leave him in deep shit if he just relied all the time on it.

Can't rely the novel, there is tling of it going on, but I haven't read it.

6. MikotoP

MikotoP Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
  8. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kill no More
    My Disciple Died Yet Again
    Once Upon A Time, There Was A Spirit Sword Mountain
    Stunning Edge

I don't know these guys, ill try them. Thankyou very much!

I read and know them to well! Except Daomu Biji. Ill give it a try. Thankyou!

I don't really like the art style. Im that type of person who decide art come first when reading the manga XD

Oh my lord. Sure I'll visit and revisits. They all CN?

9. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Bachingchung

Bachingchung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just giving a 2nd chance to the novels I dropped, because I can't find a new good read.

11. alexfilia

alexfilia Bromance & Fluff <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah they are all CN xD

12. RAON7

RAON7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gong Hua, GOD, Big and Little Sun Go Go haven't know. Thankyou! I'll give them a read too

The Unique Legend 2 – Ancient Night is prequel? Then I'll also give a read!

I almost read all your translations! All of them hiting my liked mark! Thankyou Taffy Translations ♡

Now that all my droped novel were recomended again. Me too lets give them more changes