Discussion When someone makes you feel disgusted

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cutiebinkie, Apr 6, 2021.

1. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    When someone isn't disgusting but they make you feel disgusted.

There's this primary school friend of mine, we started talking close to the end of last year after almost 6 years of not talking (let's call them XX)

At first XX seemed really cool, then XX began to act weird. First off XX made sure to subtly imply that XX had a lot of money. XX can buy an iPhone 12 for you, etc.

Then XX asked if I knew someone in my school, that she was almost XX's girlfriend but things didn't work out. I'm like, what?? How is that my business??

I don't know why but anytime we chat I feel disgusted for some reason, but XX might be a good person and it's just me that's the weird one.

What about you?

FIEND likes this.
  2. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tend to stay away from that kind of person.

3. eray.gns

eray.gns Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people feel "plastic" nowadays save a few decent ones. That is why I'm friend-free since 2012 and going strong.

4. Elementarteilchen

Elementarteilchen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds to me like he/she is immature and insecure in his/her personality. Most of the time they need something to compensate their lack of character and they try to compensate it with boasting (past achievements, money etc.).
    I also saw normal/stable people behave like that around their crush. They act all of a sudden different, because they feel inferior/insecure around their crush and want to win them over with something different, than their personality, because they think, they themselves aren't enough to win their crush over.
    Basically most of the time it is a sign of immaturity. He/she will eventually grow to a more mature person, the older he/she gets.

5. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    I see. Your insight is a different outlook on things...

Almaa likes this.
  6. Deadrulevk

Deadrulevk Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would have milk him dry for all the presents he can give , then let all bragging be the background noise ....if he can not give anything good anymore then friendship is done
    This may seem ruthless but that's how you should with these idiots ...let him talk but take some compensation

cutiebinkie likes this.
  7. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Pfft XD

Most my friends have eccentric behaviors, not to mention I'm weird too XD

Anyway, if it doesn't feel right then it's not right. Being with friends should be a comfort zone, like reading when your brain relaxes and you don't have to be conscious what is said and done..

If not then just keep them at arms distance. Oh and please let them know, there's nothing worse than not knowing whether one is a friend or not.. Don't "act" like a friend.. Being friendly is fine though.

cutiebinkie likes this.
  8. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    It's all fun and games until one day he demands something from you. So I suggest outright avoiding the interaction entirely.

cutiebinkie likes this.
  9. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    That's some expensive compensation, lol
    Nah, we aren't friends, cause XX doesn't tell me much about their life, except for how good it is.
    True

10. Halcyon Observer

Halcyon Observer Full stop

Reading List:
    Link
    As someone above already said, they are signs of insecurity.

If he's in something like primary school, chances are that's not his money, that's his parent's. He neither deserved nor worked for it; he was merely born with it. He attaches the value of his parent's money to himself because he can't figure out a redeeming quality about himself. Not attractive enough not smart enough not hard working enough, he tries to balance that lack of quality with borrowed money.

He talks about almost getting a girlfriend. That's the pride of someone who wasn't chosen, but wanted to establish that he is superior to those who "didn't almost get a girlfriend" or "didn't get a girlfriend at all," which he considers as lesser groups or a bunch of failures. To compensate for feeling like a disappointment he tries to use this status to elevate himself.

"I don't have a girlfriend, but don't put me in the same group as you because I almost did, and I have more money than you and live a million times better than you could ever imagine, so I will get one and you won't," as if obtaining a girlfriend was some kind of unlockable achievement. He doesn't need someone to love him, he just wants to feel like he's loved by others, by a girlfriend, some glorified plant that you shower in gold every once in a while.

It's a rather unhealthy mentality, and a cruel outlook of the world as well, that you find yourself to be so insignificant and so restrained by society's expectations and values that you have to attach the value of an object or status society approves of to make yourself feel semi-decent.

Surely there is a good person deep down there. And perhaps there is. But that won't come out until he realizes what he's become.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  11. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    The existence of this thread implies that you probably don't want to talk to this individual any longer. I'm personally a huge proponent of suddenly dropping all contact with people you've known for a long time, even if they are close friends, so I think the answer is clear.

Beren, Fulminata and cutiebinkie like this.
  12. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link

Salute... If only people looked at others like you.

The worse part is it works, in a flashy way. Some who just need a money bank to splurge they stick to those kinds and fuel their pride. I've met many of these kinds, they act like best of friends in front of them, but behind, to other groups they go bitch how "entitled" they behave.

13. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    That's nothing
    Had a sexist misogynist friend who wud every day tell me that he was better by the virtue of being a man, how big his d was and how hot and rich he was
    Was an obnoxious clown
    I dont even know why my younger self had a minor crush on him
    Im more disgusted w me than him at this point
    He only served cringey memories

Coffea to Ell and cutiebinkie like this.
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Mmmmmm... To me it feels like you don't enjoy talking to said friend... In that case I think you should just stop talking to them.

No point in maintaining a relationship you're uncomfortable with.

15. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    Un, that's a good point

Deleted member 304540 likes this.
  16. Fulminata

Fulminata Typo-ist | Officer of Heavenly Inc. |

Reading List:
    Link
    Be sure to not give any of the girl's contact to this XX unless the girl approve. My friend gained a hardcore stalker from a similar scheme (the stalker claimed that they're an acquaintance of the girl to one of her friend, and proceed to get her number from the said friend). It's honestly scary since the stalker actually broke into her house and keep giving her hate-filled texts and calls...:sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  17. Dearling

Dearling Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's terrifying!!! :notlikeblob:

Fulminata and cutiebinkie like this.
  18. Nao Otosaka

Nao Otosaka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Myself, when I'm unable to solve a question on the main test, despite it being a basic one.:blob_teary::blob_teary::blob_teary:

Again myself, when I end up having an emotional breakdown due to my parents criticising me about my scores and their expectations. I just...never expected myself to become such a crybaby in the past two years..

P.S: I can completely co-relate to that because in the past I too used to boast to tend to my insecurities. I used to cut off my friend's conversation but later on....let's just say I tried to analyse myself, categorically diagnose my psychological situation as an "introvert" and tried to mend my ways. Don't know if my efforts paid off but I am no longer spooked off of myself.

AliceShiki and cutiebinkie like this.
  19. imK

imK Artful Dodger

Reading List:
    Link
    This. Whether it's them or you or both is irrelevant. If you don't want to hang out with them, don't. Nobody's obligated to be friends with each other. You do it because you want to.

20. Beren

Beren Holy Saint

Reading List:
    Link
    I just stop associating with people who disgust me.