Recommendations Misunderstanding novels with lots of it!

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by chrysanthemum enthusiast, Apr 6, 2021.

1. chrysanthemum enthusiast

chrysanthemum enthusiast Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello!
    I've been reading a lot of misunderstanding novels so I have a bit of a hard time looking for new ones. I thought, 'Golly! Wouldn't it be nice to ask the fine folks of this here forum for novel recommendations'. Anyways, to get to the point. Novels like My Death Flags Show No Sign of Ending, To Be a Power in the Shadows!, Fake Saint Of The Year, and The Legend of Sun Knight. Stories where the misunderstandings are quite impactful.

I don't mean to be choosy, but I'd appreciate it if people don't recommend novels where people misunderstand someone strong as being weak. For some reason it really pisses me off when I read a story where the protagonist is content being mocked yet he does nothing about it.

Also, yaoi novels... Yes, I know that it's quite ironic with my username, but I've read so much yaoi novels that I'm pretty much sick of it. I'm pretty sure I had 100+ yaoi novels in my bookmarks folder at one point.

Thank you to everyone who read this far! I hope you have a good week.

P.S. I wanted to add links to the stories I mentioned earlier but unfortunately I don't have enough posts to do so. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.
    Edit: Wait, some of them have links? I'm confused. I'm pretty sure I removed those.
    Edit 2: Oh okay, it disappeared on its own.
    Edit 3: By lots of it I meant lots of misunderstandings. Some people might be confused.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  2. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
  3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
  4. DiXanthos

DiXanthos Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Overlord's comedy (and overall plot) is basically an increasing number of misunderstandings getting out of control. Sometimes with hilarious results... other times with tragic ones. In fact, I would argue the best scenes in the novel are where those kind of situations occur, either when we witness the birth of them and the MC just runs with them or when they come to bite the MC's ass later on.

Even you have seen the anime, I would still recommend you the novel as this aspect is vastly more developed there.

Other examples that come to mind:
    - Little Tyrant Doesn't Want to Meet with a Bad End
    - Beware of Chicken (Royalroad)

5. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Gamers!

6. TaffyGirl13

TaffyGirl13 just a casual translator~

Reading List:
    Link
  7. chrysanthemum enthusiast

chrysanthemum enthusiast Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oooh! I've read the first one. I really liked it, but unfortunately I used mtl to translate like, dozens of chapters, and then I kinda forgot about it. Now whenever I try to read it I lose focus since I can recognize the plot points coming and I have a feeling like I've read it before which is kinda true.

I haven't read Virtual World: Close Combat Mage and The Latest Game Is Too Amazing and they seem interesting! Unfortunately both of them had their chapters banished to the void. I'll look around and see if I can find any sites where those chapters are still hosted.

Thanks for the recommendation!

I liked this novel! I'm not sure why I stopped reading it, but I think I'll pick it up again.

Thanks for the recommendation great and mighty Hamster Overlord-sama!
    [​IMG]

I bought the Overlord novels a year ago. I'm pretty sure I have it stored around here somewhere. I'll look around and check if it's still there.

Little Tyrant Doesn't Want to Meet with a Bad End is one of the novels that update consistently enough that I'm actually up to date with it. Oh! I just remembered a great novel. Tearmoon Empire is incredible. It seems like nobody has mentioned it here yet so I'm just gonna talk about it a little bit. This girl was the princess of this empire, but was executed. She returned to the past but now incredibly intent on surviving. People think that her actions are from her care of the people, but in actuality she's just trying to prevent a revolt. I love it!

I haven't read Beware Of Chicken but it sounds really fun! I'll be sure to add it to my reading bookmark folder.

Thanks for the great recommendations!

I'm not really a gamer. I have a couple of games on my steam library (Tetris and League of Legends) but I don't really play them that much.

I don't recognize any of these! So that probably means they're good.

Thanks for the recs!

8. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. armad224

armad224 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  10. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah it is the name of the novel/anime, https://www.novelupdates.com/series/gamers/

11. Akshay43

Akshay43 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe, I'm the evil lord of an intergalactic empire. People think he's weak till he uses his power.

12. Hazel00

Hazel00 Highland Knight | From Karsuk

Reading List:
    Link
    My really favourite
    Losing Money to Be a Tycoon

No romance, no harem, no slap face, just misunderstanding and comedy. Pure gold!!!!