Recommendations MC primarily uses the power of time

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by CodeTime, Apr 6, 2021.

1. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    Was wondering if there are any novels where the MC uses the power of time, and only the power of time.
    As time is one of the two absolute elements (time and space), it is quite a bit harder to balance than other elements like fire or ice. Thus, I am interested if there is a decent novel where the author attempts this.
    Preferably, the mc only has the power of time as his specialty, but if not, it has to be the main element and other elements are not as commonly used. The power should be obtained very early and not picked up at the end like most novels do and it should be used in battle, and not as an auxiliary/support element. It is alright if the mc's method of attacking uses a weapon or something, but that should not be the reason the mc is powerful.

No system novels please and thank you.

Wrong Examples:
    Heavenly Jewel Change - Not commonly used in battle, also not the main element the mc relies on but is one of a group.
    Reverend Insanity - Not used in battle
    The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - Is commonly used and is primary, but picked pretty late

2. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Man I can only ever recall one example and it was isekai were the protagonist primary power was the ability to stop time for a few seconds at a time. Although the time increased a little as he leveled up. When you said system did you mean the whole leveling and having stats and attributes? Cause in that case you won't like this example. Not that it matters because it is abandoned the author gave up on it after like 10 or 20 chapters. (can't remember I read it like five years ago)

3. CodeTime

CodeTime [Void Emperor of Time]

Reading List:
    Link
    Part of it yes. Basically, I would like to be more like real life where the character's goals are decided by themselves and they don't like follow a certain route set by a system. For a better understanding, just writing system into webnovel.com should give you a good idea of the genre

4. VesperNyan

VesperNyan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a manga where the mc stop time with kinda like a game pause button. The pause has no time limit so he does kinda ecchi things during time stop.

Deleted member 38284 likes this.
  5. 1Sami

1Sami Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    SSS-Class Suicide Hunter, the MCs main power is to revive one day in the past after he dies (he actually suicides a lot so he can make use of it)
    The Live, it's actually a manhwa but I think you'll like it. The MC gets a journal from his future self so it's technically not time travel but later on he gets a power to slow down time that he uses fairly frequently. It's not exactly what you wanted but it is one of my personal favourites so I hope you like it anyway (∩_∩)
    Power and Wealth, I haven't read this one yet but it's been in my reading list for a while and it looks like the MC uses his powers a lot- at least from the synopsis it does
    The Villainess Reverses the Hourglass, the MC in this one uses her power to turn back time a bit too often in my opinion. She becomes reliant on it at one point but it does match your requirements so I put it in, it's not my favourite though

I hope you enjoy these~

The Hamster Overlord likes this.
  6. Eternal Emperor

Eternal Emperor SelfAware-PieceOfShit

Reading List:
    Link
    Time Stop Brave~?:blobsmirk:

VesperNyan likes this.
  7. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Kind of-ish... Mother of learning

Bright_Lucky_Star likes this.
  8. Rogel17

Rogel17 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    tried rrl? the perfect run

9. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There is an ongoing isekai called An Unbound Soul where the MC has time, space, body and soul affinities, he gets spells of every branch early on and its on the process of ranking up, h began by taking the class of body mage first tho, but he already purchased time spells and uses them together most of the time

https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/38292/an-unbound-soul

10. Anikiman

Anikiman Sloth From The Land Of Silver

Reading List:
    Link
  11. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Time Stop Brave surprised it took that long for someone to come up with that idea.

12. prasantbagale

prasantbagale Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  13. kittycatclawz

kittycatclawz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Monarch of Time is an original on webnovel

14. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    48 hours

He has a watch that extends time for him

15. sinker_91

sinker_91 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Villainess Reverses The Hourglass maybe?

16. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    There was this novel/manga, where mc could see a few seconds in the future. I am not sure if I am confusing it for the MC in Mushoku Tensei, where MC gets a left eye with future sight.

17. Global_Legend

Global_Legend Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should definitely give “Master of Time” a read! It’s on Webnovel and it’s initially set in modern earth with technology, but as the story advances, other realms and dimensions are brought up. I also like how the Mc is actually smart when using his time power. For example, he would tell someone to study a certain topic and then go into the future, bring the information to the past and repeat to get the most information he can.

18. Isaac20

Isaac20 Dark Lord | RS

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Re:zero :blobpopcorn_cool:, RBD essentially boils down to that. And the only other power he has used is darkness magic like twice which left him seriously injured.

There is also Kurumi from Date A Live, and although she is not the mc in main series, she is in "Date A Live Fragments: Date A Bullet"