Spoiler Don’t Pick Up The Trash Once Thrown Away

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Guide1410, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    What happened in the end?

Hazel123 likes this.
  2. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I only read 5 chapter but Gosh it's really draining my energy, I read somewhere it took 40 chapter for the FL to throw the trash fiancee. Girl, don't you have some self esteem, self worth or whatever. If it were me, I already pack my luggage at first chapter, I could be devoted to someone, but it easy for me to cut ties whether it's family, friend, or lover, no matter how much I loved them , when they betrayed me no matter how insignificant they think it is, I could turn my back in a blink of an eyes.

In Remarried Empress, I couldn't believe I say this, at least Soviet is a good husband, a good friend before he brought the thrash home and being an Empress is Navier whole life, her dream and the only thing she knew, and even if she realized it too late, she loved Soviet so I understand at some point why she endured everything. But I just don't understand the reason Leila willingly being a doormat for 43 chapter, her fiance always been an irresponsible selfish idiot even before he brought the pregnant woman home, and it's not like she loves him either. If someone knew the answer, please spoil me.

3. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    FL is nobility and in that world, it’s not as simple as packing her bags and saying bye bi*ches. Of course she doesn’t love her shitty fiancée so I’m guessing it all comes down to her responsibilities and duty which she can’t easily chuck out the window. Although it’s easy for you, it’s not for the FL considering her position. Leila’s been prepared to be the Duchess just like Navier whose weak to become an Empress which is her purpose and life). If she decided to throw everything out from the get-go, what would she do then? She needs to plan and prepare which is something that takes time. Political marriages are for power, wealth, and status not bc the man/woman is a good or loving husband/wife. These nobles wouldn’t break ties so easily for such reasons which most consider trivial since that’s not what the marriage is all about anyways.

Seriously? Not to be rude but have some sympathy. It’s not like she still pins over her fiancée despite knowing how shitty he is. She is well aware since she decides to break the engagement. So now I’m guessing that the 40+ chapters it takes for her is how she plans to and prepares for the consequences and outcomes of the broken engagement and what to do after.

Of course you don’t understand why Leila is willing to be a ‘doormat’ bc you’ve only read 5 chapters and don’t know the other 40+ chapters. Yes, this story is not like Remarried Empress where Navier & Sovieshu loved each other so Navier still endured. I think for Leila it’s more on her responsibilities and duties. Again, it’s not so simple to just pack everything and leave, other things have to be considered. Since it takes 40+ chapters to throw away trash, it all depends on how the story develops which we don’t know yet.

4. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link

I would sympathized with her if she actually thinking 'what gonna happened to her now' and 'what she gonna do next' but so far, the thought of 'breaking off the engagement' hasn't even crossed her mind yet. Regarding her responsibilities and duty, she isn't married yet so according to the law, she has no authorities so it's not actually her duties, but not only she is doing the Duchess duty, she is also doing the Duke duty, and the ex fiancee took it for granted. When she is angry because her fiancee ditch the dinner banquet so he could have dinner only with his mistress in her bedroom, she told the aide to took the report to him since he is back now he should do his work but the fiancee refuse it cause the FL always doing his duty even before he goes to war, and that's not gonna change. The FL foreshadowing this outcome, waiting in her room for the aide and stayed up all night doing his work while the fiancee frolicking with his mistress.

I hope I'm wrong but reading the spoiler looks like the FL would have to deal with the trashy fiance and his mistress for about 40 chapter and only decide to break off the engagement at the last minute when the fiance say the forbidden word 'You are not the Duchess yet' and spent a few chapter preparing what to do after, just like what happened in Remarried Empress

5. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Comments on Kakao
    • Leila had been raised in oppression for 24 years and had been in charge of all the Duke’s work. The Duke (ML’s father), it looks like he deliberately taught a child to be submissive and brainwashed when she wasn’t able to say anything about her status or identity.
    • Ep. 43 is when FL asks to break up the marriage.
    • Ep. 44 FL goes to the capital.
    • Up to Ep. 100, FL tries to fulfill her duties as an aide among people who do nothing but whine along with her ex-fiancé. There’s no particular incidents.
    • Also, people keep saying “sweet potatoes” dunno mtl lingo what does that mean?
    Read from a blog.
    Don’t know how accurate this is.

The novel is similar to Remarried Empress and there are scenes similar to those of Remarried Empress. The author was suspicious of plagiarism bc in a book review section, the novel was too similar to Remarried Empress, but the author blocked the review and made it impossible to see the context of the text.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  6. Toasty_Minzy

Toasty_Minzy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It takes her 40 chapters to leave???

CaelumBlue likes this.
  7. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    Remarried Empress: 325 Chapters, Divorce around 80 chapters
    58 chapters difference between the two novels
    Don’t Pick Up the Trash Once Thrown Away: 267 Chapters, Break up around 40 chapters

Idk but considering the number of chapters at least it doesn’t take so long to leave¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Klioo, Asya.M, Laerta and 10 others like this.
  8. illysillymilly

illysillymilly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't do this :blobjoy: :blobdizzy: I can't suffer through 40 chapters :sweating_profusely: At least in Remarried Empress the ML shows up early and we also get a peak of the eventual comeuppance at the beginning. Nah this is too hard. Imma come back when translations are at least up to ch 40. I just can't do it. :notlikeblob:

9. lembayung

Reading List:
    Link
    Me too, at least I can be patient if the FL at least have the intention to leave but considering her circumstances, she would stick around and endured everything til chapter 40. The FL is illegitimate child, it look like she is being abused on her own home, she said so herself she would throw away her pride and let the POS fiance do whatever he want as long as she can became the Duchess. I guess in the end she realized there is no point of becoming the Duchess if she still being trampled on by others and decide to leave.

10. Maybelene

Maybelene New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In recent translated chapters (at chap 10 iirc) she did think and ask herself what'd happen to her if she broke up with the pos fiance. At that time it was really hard for women to find a proper job without being judged and mistreated by the society. She did list some jobs but so far all of them had their cons rather than pros. All her 24 years of life was raised without love by her Count family, was given false hope of becoming a future duchess and suddenly one day the pos that was supposed to be a part of her life brought back home a pregnant woman. She'd obviously feel helpless, hopeless and passive with her life after all of that.

11. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Would you like provide more spoiler? Is philen actually love her? Or he just respect her bcs the engagement? And will he regret the situation when he know the truth about the mistress pregnancy? After he knows the truth what happen to the mistress?

Laerta and Shey_04 like this.
  12. Niaosaf

Niaosaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Still waiting for someone who want to provide spoiler

Shey_04 likes this.
  13. Moonaholic0

Moonaholic0 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I had so much hope for this novel. I read a few Korean comments about this novel. And guys don't except too much from it. It's just an utter disappointment. I kinda expected it to be like Remarried Empress after seeing the thread. But no it let me down that I dropped the novel. I am still planning to read it after all the translations are released.

DOHere and Quenchanna like this.
  14. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's really disappointing then, I was also expecting this novel to be similar with Remarried Empress. Can you please explain what were the Korean comments all about?

evanesco99211 likes this.
  15. Moonaholic0

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone in this thread mentioned about the author deleting comments saying that the novel is similar to Remarried Empress, it seems to be true. Many Korean commenters kinda got salty about this and started bashing the author and the novel. The comments were mostly about how no proper face-slap was given to the ex-fiance and how dumb the FL was. And there were also pity comments about the mistress situation which I don't exactly understand why.

16. Skite

Skite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why FL sticks around and doesn't break the engagement:
    1) She literally has no other options.
    It's as simple as that, but we can add
    2) Emotional attachment and obligation. The Duchy is her home since childhood, the only place she felt loved (by the former Duke and Duchess, who liked her more than they liked their son). She promised the people she viewed as parents that she'd take care of it, and has poured her blood, sweat, and tears into it for over a decade. Having to hand that over to an idiot to ruin would be horrible. All of that aside, she does start thinking about her other options far, far earlier than chapter 40, like, a few days after meeting the mistress, but that just circles things back around to:

1) She literally has no other options.

To go into details:
    • She has no money or personal property to sustain her. She is the bastard offspring of a dirt poor lower Count. She doesn't have a dowry, she doesn't have any money. She certainly didn't make a wage working for a decade as the fiancee. She had her living expenses taken care of, but never got money for it. All of the money she made belongs to the Duchy, and she has no claim to it. She has some jewelry, but it's the "Duchess" jewelry, so she wouldn't be able to take it with her to sell.
    • She can't get a job to earn money. She goes through the list of jobs available to women, and all of them are starvation wages, and/or she is unqualified (she can't be a seamstress, for example, because she is terrible at sewing). It also seems like most jobs like tutoring require a woman to be married, and lack a stable income. She's good at administration, but all aids are men who have graduated from a prestigious university. She has no formal education or schooling, and no one would want a young woman working closely with their husband.
    • She can't go home. As I mentioned, she is an affair baby herself. She is not welcome back home, and her stepmother, the Countess's antagonism was a huge part in her getting carted off to the Duchy as a child. The Countess comes and literally tells her she will not be welcome to return: should Philen kick her out, she is on her own. It is also heavily implied that her half brother was abusive, and possibly had sexual interest in her, so going home is not an option.
    • She doesn't know anyone. She has never debuted in society. After living isolated on the Duchy for over a decade, her closest "friends" are the staff. She's never been anywkere else. She doesn't know anyone else. She has no friends or acquaintances who would be able to sustain her by letting her couch surf, find her a new husband or job, or give her a reference.
    • She can't get remarried to anyone worthwhile. She is on the edge of spinsterhood, since her marriage was delayed so long from the war. She's been a live-in fiancee for over a decade, so she's 'tainted' from that. She has no dowry. She is a bastard. She has a crap reputation because of weird rumors about why the late Duke would take her in. She has no political ties or social connections. Anyone willing to marry her, would not be worth marrying. She'd wind up with the bottom of the bottom of the barrel. With Philen, she'd at least be a Duchess, and one of the highest, most powerful women in the country, and Philen isn't hideous, has money, and hasn't hit her yet.
    • She has no standing. Since she is a fiancee, and not the wife, she has limited power to do anything. If she upsets Philen too much by protesting, he won't marry her, and she has nowhere to go. She won't get alimony, or a divorce settlement as a fiancee, either.
    So: her options are 1) put up with it, endure, and at least have food, a position, and one of the highest spots in the land, or 2) keep her pride, leave, and starve to death/ wind up as a hooker or a mistress herself.

As soon as that aid position is available to her, she jumps ship, so give her some slack. The moment a viable escape route opened, she took it.

17. Moonaholic0

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone mentioned in the Kakao comments that the late Duke and Duchess literally brainwashed her into thinking that her sole goal in life is to become a perfect Duchess for the dumb Philen.
    And I remembered some details
    There seems to be a natural disaster? every year in the Dukedom and Leila always hires a magician to help with agriculture and stuff. But after Leila left where Philen took on Dukedom's duty, all the precautions left by Leila helped but the mistress was against inviting a magician. Ofcourse she was scared that her fake pregnancy would be revealed. Without the magician's help the next year's produce wouldn't suffice for the Dukedom

18. twenyfour

twenyfour Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone mention the karma of the stupid ex foal and his hoe?

arlovebird, DOHere, Laerta and 3 others like this.
  19. Skite

Skite Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Regarding the 'miscarriage'"
    Some foreshadowing that the woman was never actually pregnant is how no one can figure out how far along she is: her bump size is all over the place. One day, an aid is like "she's definitely 5 months," the next, Philen is saying her bump seems to be too small for how far along she's supposed to be, then the next, after that comment, our MC is saying she looks about ready to pop.

Now that I know it's a fake pregnancy, this detail stands out and amuses me.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2022
  20. AstraTheStar

AstraTheStar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope the emperor is the ML, he treats the FL nicely