Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. leiralily22

leiralily22 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum! I'm really glad to find a forum with so many people that love Under the Oak Tree as much as I do! The theories on here are amazing! Can't wait to go through all of them.

Also, I'm so glad that so many people think that Kuahel leon's behavior towards Maxi is a strange, at least not in a bad way. I'd be interested to hear more theories from you guys on why he might be like this towards her!

sepheddy, Aliali and Morrigan_ like this.
  2. Morrigan_

Morrigan_ Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For Ridibooks, you'll have to send them a photo of your ID to prove you're not underage. I sent them a message with my passport photo (with my picture and important details like passport numbers, etc. crossed out) and they approved me immediately. :blobparty: The regular methods of proving our age - like sending certificates and stuff - do not work for overseas fans like us. More details are available on the site's FAQ...I also use Google Chrome to translate the page. ;)

**BUMP!** Friends, please answer @Miriammm2000 's questions here! I have not finished reading Book 2 so I can't answer these questions myself. Maybe someone else can provide the info. I'd like to know myself more about the 3 year span.

3. Pixelbreeze

Pixelbreeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh thanks a lot for your kind reply!:LOL: i'll try to look it up

HappyGnome likes this.
  4. hiddencholic

hiddencholic Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Morrigan_ Thank you so much for replying ! I've been on Ridibooks but I don't quinte understand how that works, I've seen someone here saying that we needed to prove that we are not underage and see wich payment method was best but I'm still struggling to understand it (n) Also, about book 2, I have some questions if you or anyone could help I'd be very happy :oops::
    1º- I was heartbroken (I legit cried) when Maxi left to Hogwarts, could you tell me why the 3y span tho?
    2º- When she went to battle as a magician and Riftan was there, did the 3y had already passed? -» If not, how the hell is that gonna workout? She battles, returns to Hogwarts and then comes back to him? (PLEASE STAY WITH HIM MAXI *CRIES* - not a question, but more yout opinion on the subject in this particular subject) ...
    3º- At last, - and sorry for being annoying, I'm to obsessed - Do you or anyone have spoilers of the latters they exchanged while she was in Hogwarts? :sick:
    THANKS IN ADVANCEEEEE :p
    [/QUOTE]

I'll answer :blobxd:

1. Nornui is usually a four year course but those who are recognized for their talents can graduate in just three years. This is why Maxi promised Riftan in book 1 that she will study hard so it will only be three years. Maxi has to win a competition to be one of those who will finish the course in just three years.

2. Yes, three years have already passed. She was recruited by Calto (high ranking wizard, also Ruth's uncle) to be part of an investigating team in Pamela Plateau that's why she was able to get out of the tower briefly. Riftan received news from Yuri where Maxi was so he shortened his subjugation of trolls in Livadon in just two weeks and ran straight to where Maxi was right after.

3. It was only maxi who sent letters. Trainees in Nornui can only send two letters a year. During her stay in Nornui, two of her letters have been rejected. Randolph, the one who handles the letters, is also frustrated at Maxi because she often breaks the rules in how long the letter should be. (e.g. she sent riftan a letter that's as thick as bible or her parchment paper is as big as a table cloth.)

Ac03, AplCina, Vipasha and 13 others like this.
  5. Pixelbreeze

Pixelbreeze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You can read it in page 5, it's already posted there

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
  6. athene911

athene911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll answer :blobxd:

1. Nornui is usually a four year course but those who are recognized for their talents can graduate in just three years. This is why Maxi promised Riftan in book 1 that she will study hard so it will only be three years. Maxi has to win a competition to be one of those who will finish the course in just three years.

2. Yes, three years have already passed. She was recruited by Calto (high ranking wizard, also Ruth's uncle) to be part of an investigating team in Pamela Plateau that's why she was able to get out of the tower briefly. Riftan received news from Yuri where Maxi was so he shortened his subjugation of trolls in Livadon in just two weeks and ran straight to where Maxi was right after.

3. It was only maxi who sent letters. Trainees in Nornui can only send two letters a year. During her stay in Nornui, two of her letters have been rejected. Randolph, the one who handles the letters, is also frustrated at Maxi because she often breaks the rules in how long the letter should be. (e.g. she sent riftan a letter that's as thick as bible or her parchment paper is as big as a table cloth.)
    [/QUOTE]

7. acm

acm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi everyone! I've just signed up because I'm obsessed with this novel and I've read all the 57 pages of spoiler!

First of all, I wanted to thank all of u for the Informations you've shared here❤
    and I also apologise for my poor English skill (that's not my first language, I'm italian)

I wondered if someone could help me, because I have some questions:

1) I remember a moment when riftain tell maxi that a knight was so curious about her that entered into Croix's Castle just to see her. I believed the Knight was Riftain but in riftain's pov there aren't Informations about that. Do we know who was this Knight who wanted to see her? Could he be Kuahel Leon?

2) I also remember a spoiler that I can't found and I wondered if someone could help me writing in what page it is (I've checked this 57 pages 3 times but can't find it). During the second war max prepares a meal for riftain but he is still cold and refused it so Kuahel Leon (I'm not sure if was him or another Knight) asks if he can take it but riftain is so jealous that he stops her and says "give to me, I've changed my mind".

3) when maxi heard for the first time the red-haired Lady song there where some people around her (if I'm not wrong some knights and wizards form the tower), did all the people knew that she was Riftain Calipse's wife and so that she was the heroine of the song?
    And How they found out her true identy?

I really hope someone can help me.
    Lots of all xoxo❤

Mxt and H-nim like this.
  8. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I will try to answer to the best of what I can remember.
    1. There is no definite information about the knight whom Riftan is referring to. In my opinion, part of what he say to Maxi was deliberately to hide that he was always looking at her even before. So you might have guessed it right but who knows right? It’s completely weird for Maxi to hear things about knights or other people being interested on seeing her.

2 & 3. You can find a summary of the spoilers in page 1. Amazing people like @sweetaneng @HappyGnome and @ainosz have been very generous to spoil a loooooooooootttttt... Also, regarding your question if people know that she is Riftan’s wife, YES they know as they have been to Anatol before they met with the Holy Knights. In fact, the wizards stayed in Calypse Castle(because Calto heard Yuri acknowledging Maxi as Mrs. Calypse) when they arrived in Anatol. But of course, this is how I understand the translation from korean to english and if I made a mistake anyone is allowed to correct me:):):)

EDIT- My spoiler button won’t work or maybe I don’t know how to put it:blobpats: Sorry for putting spoilers directly:facepalm:

Paulabigail, sepheddy, Aliali and 2 others like this.
  9. sweetaneng

sweetaneng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1. The knight wasn't Kuahel. It won't match with the story as Kuahel was supposed to be staying at Osiria. The first time I read that part, I thought it was Riftan too but you were right as this won't match with his pov chapters. At the same time (ch 47), he narrated to Maxi how he saw her petting a cat. I mean he was honest enough to tell her that so I think the knight is just a random guy at least for now. :love:
    2. Check out page 34. Overtanned listed Kuahel moments.
    3. Same with H-nim posts above.

Ac03, Aliali and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I read the rest of under oak tree? Even if I need to pay because I can only read up to 137 on light novel

Mxt likes this.
  11. HappyGnome

HappyGnome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ridi, my friend. If you are wondering how to sign up, please refer to pages 37 or 49 :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    pati_w, Aliali and sweetaneng like this.
  12. Caroline_24

Caroline_24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've just seen the raw of chapter 24 and damn, I've forgot how good Riftan looked.
    [​IMG]

13. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So.. I am almost done with book 2:(:( I decided to give some little spoilers which I believe haven’t been posted in the forum (or maybe not):blobpats: I hope that people will be interested and read it on ridi books to support the great author:blobmelt:
    1.)During the days when the war with the monster city is dragging for days, a leader from one of the knight group decided to attack by themselves. Kuahel did something afterwards.
    2.) Something happen to Yuri, Sedina, and a paladin when they were about to finish their infiltration mission.
    3.) Kuahel questioned Riftan’s attitude and revealed something to Maxi. This is about Riftan’s behaviour that Kuahel and their group during the Red dragon secto expediton noticed about him.
    4.) Sejour Arren had a light talk with Maxi about Riftan and he told her why he is fond of/ friendly towards him.
    5.) Ruth gave something to Maxi before he left for the infiltration mission during the 2nd war. Maxi thought that Ruth is just going to tell her a bad news:blobpats:

Note: I personally love these small details. And I love that Kuahel stir things a little for Maxi and Riftan:blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn_cool:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  14. bb897mP

bb897mP New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone post the spoiler about the part of the Riftan POV, when he decides to give Maxi the honor of the knights (knights honor), I think this happens after the end of the negotiations in the Castle of Croix. The duke decides to contract the marriage between Maxi and Riftan after this I think? someone mentioned it in one of the earlier posts on this forum but it was just a brief comment. I would like to read how this scene played out did he go to the duke to ask to give her the knights honor?

15. HappyGnome

HappyGnome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    When Riftan told the duke that he will offer the knight’s honor to Maxi, he blatantly refused. He sneered, insulted him, rambled about his background and humiliated him. Sadly, this gesture gave an impression that Riftan favored Maxi, which the duke utilized later on. The duke was supposed to lead the subjugation against the awakened dragon. But instead Duke Croix held Riftan’s step-father captive and threatened him; he will marry Maxi, lead the subjugation instead of the duke, and his step-father will be set free.
    These events are like 2-4 chapters long... I think it’s better if you buy these chapters on Ridi instead and support the author :blobpats:

16. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello @bb897mP ! @HappyGnome is right about reading it on Ridi and supporting the author:blobangel:I would like to add some details about their conversation. This is of course my own translation and how I comprehend the sentences translated in Ridi:blobpats: Their interactions lasts for a couple of chapters as been mentioned so you might need to really read it on Ridi
    Before that, I wanted to reach out to her since I just saw her once. Riftan couldn't overcome the intense impulse and turned back. Then the duke stared at him with a high pressure look.

"Is there something else?"

".. I have something I want to personally ask you, Duke"
    The Duke's forehead wrinkled. Duke Croix, who had been staring at him for a long time with sharp eyes, quickly spat out as if trying to uncover his intention.

"Please tell me what is it."
    Even though permission was given, Riftan couldn't reply easily. Even in front of the king, he had never feel this pressure. He bit his dry lips and open his mouth with difficulty.

"To your dear daughter, I would like to offer a geth(knight's honor)."

The duke opened his eyes wide as if it was something unexpected. Riftan held his breath and waited for his answer. It was an idea that lingered in his head all the time but he had no intention of speaking about it.

Normally, a knight's honor is given to a master's wife or children.

At present, the Duke is in a subtle war with the royal family and offering his knight's honor to his eldest daughter could be interpreted as an act of Riftan turning his back to the royal family. But even if he take that risk, he wants to get near her. Just this once. He want to kiss the skin under the edge of her dress and call her name.

Riftan said it repeatedly, unable to endure the prolonged silence.

"Would you allow me to offer the knight's honor to the Duke's eldest daughter?"
    "..with what intent are youmaking such a request?"

The Duke suspiciously opened his eyes and asked him. Riftan distorted his face.

"The knight's honor is a once in a lifetime oath. No knight uses the geth for any other purpose."

"Is it just purely just wanting to show respect for the lady?"

The Duke of Croix laughed as if it was absurd.

"I can't believe it."-Duke

"I just.."-Riftan

"First of all, I can't believe that you have an honor."

The insult that came out of nowhere stiffened his whole body. The duke picked up the wine glass, wetted his lips, added in a dark tone,
    "Honor is passed down through generations. Just because you know how to swing a little sword doesn't mean you get it overnight."

"I do.. I am a knight who was appointed by the ruler of Weddon and stood in front of the church. There is no reason to hea this insult."

"I'm not trying to insult you. I'm just telling you the truth. It is difficult to have mistaken you having the honor equal to that of a real nobleman just because you obtained your Majesty's favor."

The Duke clicked his tongue as if sincere.

"It seems that you are trying to build up your position using me, but it would be better to put aside the useless expectations. I have no intention of having you near me or my daughter."

MLisMyHubby, Neyva, Elren and 12 others like this.
  17. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I know chapter 138 in light novel is equal to which chapter in ridibooks? I have just got access to ridibooks and it seems chapter 138 in ridibooks is different from lightnovel translation

Gabi2077gabrielle and Aliali like this.
  18. NNK123

NNK123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    On Ridibooks, what chapters relate to Riftan’s POV?

H-nim and Aliali like this.
  19. Aliali

Aliali Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much for sharing this. It kills me, though - I can just feel riftan feelings of being crushed & defeated after this convo. I still cannot get over the fact that if the sick duke didn't end up using riftan in such a cowardly and manipulative way (to fight dragon in his place) then riftan and maxi's beautiful love & union never would have happened.

20. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, so part 1 ends at chapter 193 then the following 44 chapters are Riftan’s POV

It’s a pleasure! He’s very rude to Riftan ever since. But what I like about their conversations is Riftan answers back unlike others. He is willing to do anything for Maxi. *Husband material.Ahem*:blobmelt: About the dragon expedition, aren’t we just glad that it was Riftan who’s been sent??? If it was not, who is capable of killing it???:blobhero:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
    Aliali and pati_w like this.