Spoiler Elixir of the Sun / The Lord of Sun / Master of the Sun / 태양의주인

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Macarol, Dec 15, 2020.

1. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope he doesn’t sleep with another concubine. :(

2. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i saw the raws!!!! so another concubine met with him and she made a move on him but get pushed away instead jaushsjsjs the concubine pushed her boobs on him and he suddenly remembered the mc we stan

AnniePoo, L.A.C.L., toneta and 7 others like this.
  3. Caroline_24

Caroline_24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Emperor arrives at the residence of the concubine and he's kinda upset that even if one is in the position to rule an Empire, he can't hold the woman he wants as he pleases. He wonders what Bayan is doing right now. He didn't tell her about spending the night with other concubines because he felt guilty, but probably by now she found out. "Is she crying?" Or she already went to bed without giving it a second thought. He doesn't want any of it and thinks that Bayan in general is someone who doesn't notice this things. "I never thought I was such a selfish man." His attendant calls to him, saying that is already midnight and he should go inside. As he goes in, he notices all the jewels and treasures and thinks that they are really trying to show off. He is greeted by a maid and noticing she has jewels on her, he thinks she is not one of the maids from the palace because they're not allowed to wear jewels and that she has probably come with the concubine and given her age, maybe she was her nanny. He goes in the room where the concubine is and without even looking at her, he sits down and pours himself a drink. The concubine is surprised that he didn't even tell her to get up and wait for her to drink together, but she thinks that this is an important night and she shouldn't make any mistake. She doesn't know about the other concubines, but she wasn't sold for money and neither dragged out to the Emperor. She comes for a noble family whose father fell in ruin due to drinking and gambling, so they became poor. They had a shabby house, no food to eat, ragged clothes, so she desired a better life. She only wished to have a nice life at the palace and a neatly death. But when the madness of the Emperor disappeared, she couldn't believe she was given such an opportunity. She came together with her mother, ready to die ( it seems the maid is not her nanny, but her mother if I understood well ). She spent all the treasures from the nobles, but she doesn't think it was a waste since she could gain more if the Emperor favors her. Thinking this way she gets near Taemu, trying to seduce him, but he doesn't seem to react. She is surprised that he is not reacting and thinks "What is wrong with him?" Taemu thinks at Bayan and he suddenly blushes and seems to have an erection. The concubine notices that and thinks it's because of her. She starts flirting with him, but he doesn't seem to be interested. They exchange some words that I didn't understand well, but I think she is trying to gain his favor by spending the night with him. She comes near him and tries to sit on his lap, but he pushes her away, thinking that he doesn't want anyone else to sit on his lap except Bayan. "Your Majesty, what is going on ...?" asks the concubine, but suddenly his attendant says that the time is up, so Taemu gets up and leaves. The concubine is puzzled that he didn't even look at her. Taemu goes outside and while staring at the moon, he wonders what Bayan is thinking.

Here you have a photo of the concubine.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  4. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    Just some clarification from chapters 39 and 40 of the parts I didn’t understand well:

- When Suyeon said she will go somewhere today and asked Bayan if she will come too, actually Suyeon asked Bayan if she isn’t going to see the Emperor today, but Bayan said she will go tomorrow. Then Suyeon asks if he gave her a reason, but Bayan responds that he didn’t say much. While Suyeon is thinking that he didn’t say anything to Bayan and that he was acting lovingly only for some time and that all men are the same, the other maid comes in and whispers to Suyeon if she wants her to go and see with which concubine the Emperor will spend the night. Suyeon says that it doesn’t matter, that will only make them upset.
    - When Sa Mahyun, the other concubine, was thinking that she spent all her treasures to obtain the night with the Emperor, she was planning to get pregnant. She was thinking that if she gets pregnant, she will get rich anyway even if she spent all her treasures.
    - “What is wrong with him?” actually it was Taemu who was thinking that his body wasn’t reacting at the advances of the other concubine, but when he imagined Bayan instead, he blushed suddenly and got ‘in the mood’.
    - When the other concubine started flirting with him, she was trying to get him undressed, but as soon as she touched him, he told her that his excitement has faded away. Taemu then calls his attendant and he tells the Emperor he has an hour left. Sa Mahyun starts panicking and thinks that after that hour she will be sent away. She asks the Emperor if this isn’t a good day and to think about the future of the Empire. He replies that she is truly very beautiful, but since ‘he’ doesn’t want to, he founds himself with a dilemma. After that she comes near him and tells him she wants to be with him and when she tries to sit on his lap, he pushes her away.

Those were all the parts I wasn’t sure before.

5. Ansia

Ansia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    umm in the raws i think he spends a night with a concubine what happens to her in the end does she die and when the fl and ml get married will he still have concubines or not because he loves her.

cometothedarkside97 likes this.
  6. sara123

sara123 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to buy the book! *Cries* but I have yet to learn korean

simplysharonda likes this.
  7. i_am_here

i_am_here Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to buy the book too, but unlike Ridi I can't buy it from that other outlet.

8. Moonie-light

Moonie-light Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I saw this chapter in manhwa, and thanks to you now I understood the content but I still have a question: if he doesn't want it and find it bothersome then he can just kill the concubine (I know I sound cruel but...) he did kill them before, so he still can, right? he may have found his cure to his madness but not everyone has to know this or even if they know he was kinda a tyrant so they would be scared at least. I might sound funny but seeing the Fl that sad, desperate and lonely made me feel bad

AnniePoo and imane1 like this.
  9. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    PLEASE i saw the raw but it was incomplete huhuhu but it seems like our mc had another sleepwalking incident

10. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    This will be just a brief summary because I only browsed through chapter 41.
    Bayan can't sleep, thinking she hasn't slept alone before: when she was in the village she used to sleep with her mother, and lately she slept with Taemu. After a while, she gets up and takes a box in which she kept the red beads given by her mother and the knife she used when she had to draw blood. She thinks she must follow her path and one day she will be able to take revenge on those in the village. The Emperor promised to give her power, so she should not be greedy. She is surprised by her own greedy thoughts considering that she has never felt such a thing before. She remembers Taemu's words 'The root of all power begins with knowledge' and in order to acquire this knowledge you must first know how to read and write, so she gets out of bed and goes to study. Meanwhile, Suyeon is worried about her and thinks she might start sleepwalking again, so she put some sleeping powder in her food. While she is lost in thought, the other maid comes and they start talking. I don't know exactly what they were talking about, but it seemed that Suyeon didn't want to tell her that Bayan was sleepwalking. As they continue talking, Bayan comes into the yard and the other maid calls her, but Bayan doesn't answer and Suyeon realizes she's sleepwalking again. The other maid wants to grab Bayan's hand, but Suyeon stops her, pulls her aside and tells her about Bayan's condition. As they both look at her sadly, Bayan begins to cry in her sleep, and Suyeon thinks that although it is not the first time she sees her, her heart is still in pain seeing Bayan in tears.

AnniePoo, L.A.C.L., nanu00 and 33 others like this.
  11. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    There were some scenes missing at the end of chapter 41, when Mogwa ( the other maid ) screams frightened and tells Suyeon to look at what Bayan is holding in her hand.
    [​IMG]

12. Mae Rogel 82

Mae Rogel 82 Call me Mae _ [Red step-siblings(Eldest)]

Reading List:
    Link
    I need more manhwa spoiler..... will jealousy takes among those concubine?

karls likes this.
  13. mixordia

mixordia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Someone have spoilers from novel???

14. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 42 broke my heart! I was happy that Taemu came to 'rescue' Bayan, but God it was so heartbreaking.
    I will just give some short spoilers and will come back later with a proper summary:
    - Taemu was riding his palanquin back to his palace I presume and was thinking of Bayan and the fact that he really likes to be with her, to hug her, to spend time with her and not only for her blood which helps him with his madness.
    - Taemu calls his advisor/attendant and tells him to turn around the palanquin to Bayan's place.
    - the two maids want to get the knife away from Bayan, but they are afraid to get closer because they risk to get attacked.
    - while the maids are thinking what to do, Taemu arrives and asks them what they are doing so late and where is Bayan.
    - when he sees her, he is purely shocked. He wants to go near her, but his shadow knights stop him, saying she has a knife. He is more afraid that she will hurt herself and order them to get away, but they refuse.
    - his attendant tries to persuade him and tells Taemu that she seems to be sleepwalking and that is better just to watch her from afar for now. Suyeon confirms the same thing.
    - Bayan puts her hands in the air and calls out her mom, to take her with her, to not leave her alone. She cries and begs and says she will offer all her blood just to be with her mom.
    - I think she tries to kill herself or something, but Taemu grabs her hand with the knife and gets cut instead.
    - He tries to wake her up, saying he's there with her, that he will not let her alone again, to call out his name too and not just her mothers name ( the pain on his face and words really made me cry ).
    - somehow, I think Bayan manages to come to her senses and asks if it is really him. He smiles and says 'Yes, it's me.'

veivei, AnniePoo, Lilazeaf and 39 others like this.
  15. Villainess_lovers

Villainess_lovers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so muchhh!!

lylac, simplysharonda and Caroline_24 like this.
  16. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you!!!! i seriously love this manhwa

simplysharonda and Caroline_24 like this.
  17. Caroline_24

Reading List:
    Link
    As promised, I came back with a more detailed summary of chapter 42.

The Emperor is riding the palanquin back to his palace, while thoughts of Bayan keep coming to his mind. He thinks that after meeting Bayan for the first time in his office, this was the first day that they didn’t spend together. Since he started teaching her how to write, they were together everyday. Of course there was never enough time, but he wasn’t complaining because the time spent with her was the most he enjoyed. And the fact he treated her differently wasn’t because of her blood, but because he wanted to hold her in his arms, just her and no one else. He starts thinking of her mouth, small hands, black hair and suddenly he calls his attendant to turn around the palanquin to Bayan’s place.
    Meanwhile, Suyeon and Mogwa are preoccupied for Bayan that she could hurt herself, but don’t know how to approach her and take away the knife. Suyeon thinks that this is the first time she has seen Bayan with a knife, all the other times she was sleepwalking she was only hitting her wrists as she were trying to cut them, but she never had a knife with her. Suyeon tells Mogwa that for now is better just to leave her alone and not risk to put Bayan in danger, that in the end she will calm down and go back to her room and then they can take away the knife.
    They hear steps approaching and someone asking them what they are doing outside at dawn. When they turn around they see Taemu with his attendant. They greet him and Taemu asks where is Bayan. They avoid answering and instead look in the direction of Bayan. When Taemu sees Bayan with tears in her eyes he is surprised and calls her name. Not getting an answer, he tries to get closer to her, but his shadow knights stop him, saying it is dangerous because she has a knife in her hand. At first he is surprised, but after he orders the shadows to get out of his way, but they refuse. Taemu gets angry and asks them who is their master and if it is him, then to get out of his way because he doesn’t need disobedient dogs. His attendant tries to persuade him by saying that she seems to be sleepwalking and that is better for now to just observe her from afar. He asks then Suyeon if that’s true and she confirms. He is really upset that he can’t do anything, just stay there and observe her.

‘Save her… Save her, please… Save my mom, please…’

‘I beg you… I will give away all my blood.’

‘Save my mom… Save her…’

Everyone is looking at Bayan who is crying: Suyeon and Mogwa with tears in their eyes, the attendant and the shadows with a sad look and Taemu with an angry look in his eyes.

‘Take all my blood… In exchange… In exchange of me, save my mom, please.’

The next instant Bayan makes a sudden move and tries to cut herself, but Taemu rushes towards her and grabs her hand holding the knife, resulting in cutting himself. The maids scream and his attendant runs towards him, but he tells him to not come closer.

‘Mom, take me with you… I don’t want to be alone…’

‘I don’t want, mom! Let’s go together! Take me…’

Taemu calls her name and says that he is with her and begs her to open her eyes.

‘Bayan, I’m here. I’m with you.’

‘Open your eyes and look at me.’

‘Are you upset because I came late?’

‘I won’t do that anymore, so look at me. Yes?’

‘What about me? Call my name too. Why don’t you call me when I’m next to you?’

He begs her to call his name, like he taught her. ‘Dan. It means the sun and in the new language, the beginning.’

‘Call my name, Bayan. I beg you!’

‘…Dan… Your Majesty?’

Her eyes become clearer while calling out to Taemu.

He smiles relieved and says ‘Yes, it’s me.’

18. Firefang1022

Firefang1022 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    May I know where to find the novel? Is there an english version??? Thanks!

19. -NEAR-

-NEAR- ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Reading List:
    Link
    There is no English version. You can buy the novel on bookpal or ridibooks

20. Ririchiyo

Ririchiyo Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you so much! :aww::aww::aww:
    I just started this manhwa yesterday and then continued with the raw. I almost cried even without knowing Korean but seeing what’s going on. My heart can’t hold :blobsneeze::blobsneeze::blobsneeze: