Korean Ways of parting

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Ettoine, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Ettoine

Ettoine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Ways of Parting (헤어짐의 방법) BL

Raw Link: I couldn't find raws of the novel but only mentions of it in blogs. (currently in search of raws). I don't think its a webtoon tho... I've found only the physical copy+cd in an online store which was shared in the teaser video.
    https://www.acoshop.net/m/board.html? code=audiocomic_board8&page=8&type=v&board_cate=&num1=999312&num2=00000&number=670&lock=N

NU Link: I searched it up here but there's no link yet. I found this through the webtoon adaptation which is currently around 8-9 chapters (14 in the raws).

Description: Ha Joyoon, a reporter for TPA Communications — a foreign news agency — has been in a coma for five years after being involved in an accident in a civil war area. Miraculously, he returns home and visits his ex-lover, but he was already with someone else ...

They were friends since birth, and lovers after they grew up. A man who has never thought about breaking up with his lover and did not picture himself with someone else in his life, found said lover with someone other than him.

The world blames all the consequences on his selfishness and irresponsibility. It took time and different ways to break up, but Ha Jo-yoon, who never experienced such a thing, falls helplessly and clings to an old lover who is trying to forget him. But then, another man came to his life. This new man doesn't need affections, he just enjoys carnal desires.
    (summary I copied in the webtoon's page)

The illustration looks really good and the start up circumstances is interesting. There's a translated webtoon now so feel free to check if you're interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Why It Should Get Picked Up: I think it's worth having a translations about this not only because haha the story is great for angst story readers but also I think it's nice having story that start off with a breakup and see the passage of moving on after a heartbreak. I also think it's good because usually when there's manga/webtoon adaptation of a novel, some info and introspective of the character thoughts are left behind or vice versa. Like in villainess manga short story were mentioned only or never shown. So yeah I think it would be interesting.

_Puja_, applebeans and etsuhun like this.
  2. Ettoine

Reading List:
    Link
    UPDATE: I've been informed that this does NOT have a novel version that's why I couldn't find the raws.
    Also I don't know how to delete this..... So for now it stays here. Unless someone wants to tell me how or delete it themselves.
    |
    |
    UPDATE2: I've been fooled!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022
  3. cocodak

cocodak Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, they fooled you then. Because the webtoon was based on the novel, which has 3 volumes plus a side story:
    https://ridibooks.com/author/75721

Ettoine, PrettyFujoshiLady and Liliss like this.
  4. Meonge

Meonge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I found the raws but it's hard to register (it's korean) before you can download the file. There's just little thing I can handle with google translate...please someone who can get through this site and download the Novel File. It's been published since 2017 I thought there's no soft copies but I search the korean title+ txt and it show up. You just have to sign up...which is I failed. I'm just planning to get the novel file and have a go with MTL T___T

skleins likes this.
  5. jiang ying yue

jiang ying yue 神様!

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manhwa before, it already has quite a lot of chapters (in english), not sure about the novel though..

EDIT: The manhwa has 25 currently translated chapters, it is on a illegal site so I wont be sharing links here, you can send me a message if you want the link though.

6. Meonge

Meonge Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm on you about the cons of Novel compared to manhwa. And I think the story is really good, I saw the illustration inside the published book and it's really beautiful. I really like the story, the manhwa is quite slow paced--- MTL is not really bad so if I could just ahold of the novel....T^T

7. fdsgadfgdfgsdg

fdsgadfgdfgsdg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to see this novel too perhaps

8. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any spoilers on this?!

9. _Puja_

_Puja_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I would like to read this >.< manhwa is so good.

10. lidae

lidae Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I found a spoiler! Credits are not mine. I copied and pasted this from “The twink from black clover” which was a reply to “Nana” comment on Mangago. :blobsweat:
    The boss and yoon was talking and the boss was trying to get back with yoon and then tae came and talk to them hes also trying to get back with yoon but

The boss and tae argued

The boss told tae that he threw away yoon like a trash

And yoon made the boss leave first
    Saying he needs to sort something (prolly about his feelings and thoughts for the boss)

And when tae and yoon were alone to talk the tae said that he was gone for five years and he couldn't help it

And yoon understood and said something like "every choices have consequences and responsibilities, but i was too naïve, i didn't realize anything until i saw the person i love exhausted"

He's referring to the past where tae was crying for yoon to not go abroad but yoon still went despite that and admitted that he was too naïve for leaving tae behind

And now he's referring to how he exhausted tae for making him grief in loneliness for five years of being abandoned which was why yoon understood tae when he said "it's been five years, i couldn't help it"

And after that they went their separate ways and tae was looking at the box and saw yoons old camera and fell into tears meaning he regretted letting go of yoons hand that day he started to see someone else

Here another one from an account name “Toph” on Mangago (Anyways pls tell me if it’s bad to mention manhwa websites on here, I’ll delete it :aww:)

Anyway, looking for the TEA I stumble upon this person (I can't remember his name and the site that I've found him to) that spoils what will happen in the next following chapters. I'm not sure if this is accurate but anyway BRACE YOURSELVES ALRIGHT

The ex wife returns. Yoon and Kwon will end their seggs relationship because of the wife. She's going to find out soon that Kwon was seeing Yoon and thats why the wife will get back to Kwon and is really going to get in the way of them together. But dont worry, because Kwon will put her in her place and will try to woo Yoon again. Like he will really try so hard to get back with him so they'll be together again.

Now this is where shit gets too crazy. Youngwoo apparently knows that Yoon was in comma all those fucking years. This actually make sense to me because how both of their job actually connects you know? Anyway, but because he loves Taejoon so much, he didn't say a word about it and kept it to himself. Selfish bastard. Taejoon will later find out about how Youngwoo was keeping Yoon away from him all this time, he went batshit mad crazy at Youngwoo and will eventually leave his lying ass for good. Yoon's family will also learn about this. Everyone will mourn for the years they could have been with Yoon. Youngwoo will fall into pit of despair. Taejoon will try to get back with Yoon, and will tell him how he regrets everything and how he still loves him. Taejoon and Kwon are both going to do their best for Yoon's affection. May the best man win is all I'm gonna say.

Again, I am not 100% percent sure about this spoiler. But everything about this spoiler is starting to slowly unfold. Damn, Youngwoo girl you better get ready cause people are about to come at you brah. (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜

I copied and pasted her comment so if you are against it, I will delete it:blobfearful: :aww::blob_grin:

And about Kwon and his ex wife’s relationship. :blob_pompom::blobtaco:

I was scrolling thru the comment section and saw these and some of these spoiler may (not) be true. :blobsweat::blobwhistle:
    • Kwon may or may not be straight, he was in love with a guy (the guy he had flashbacks about in the early chapters, ig) but chose to marry his ex wife instead.
    • Kwon’s ex wife loved him (I guess), but he did not wish to reciprocate her feelings nor want to receive it, so basically he just needs someone to be his contract wife, someone who will stay loyal in this marriage, but his wife breached the contract by cheating on him, so they had to divorce.
    Anyways she’s going to be a big hindrance in Kwon and Yoon’s relationship in the future, I guess, since we all got spoiled that in the spoilers above. :blobconfused::blobpopcorn_two:

potatofriez and Liliss like this.
  11. Liliss

Liliss Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks!!! Really nice spoilers! I have really complicated emotions about the boyfriend of the ex!
    At first it seemed like he did everything because the bf was really broken and exhausted, but now all these new info coming into the picture and it’s getting worst and worst!!! Pretending he was r@ped and now knowing the ml was alive and in coma!
    By the way any info about what happens to the ml and his brain problems?!

12. Soryuian

Soryuian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler!

13. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    +1

Can anyone spoil on the endgame ?..Like what will happen in the end and who ends up with who ?

14. Ettoine

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry this is such a super late reply! I don't stay logged in often in this site. Thank you so much for clearing this up!

15. yyecn

yyecn Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hii! just wanted to say that i'm planning to pick this up so please wait a little more ><

Last edited: Mar 29, 2022
  16. Pompina

Pompina Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yay!

17. Rin.rinaaa

Rin.rinaaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link