Spoiler I Am The Male-Lead’s Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Jan 26, 2020.

1. AileenOwO

AileenOwO Queen of Headaches

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can i read the manhwa from chp 6-21 ><

2. Sugar_Sharly

Sugar_Sharly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm not sure. Usually at mangadex, but this site has problem now.
    I'm not reading the mahwa version, I prefer the novel and the manhwa novel's promotion.

3. sjasminesyh

sjasminesyh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but where can i find this novel,can you share it?

cometothedarkside97 likes this.
  4. harmoniche

harmoniche Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    but she didn't know he still liked her...? that was 3 years after she broke up with leo, more than enough time to get over heartbreak.

it wasn't like other novels either where it is a one sided relationship and the male lead fell in love with the female lead, apparently they were dating and he ditched her to be with the female lead in the og so why would she follow the exact same path. can you really blame her for breaking up with him??? it seemed like he already had feelings for the og erika and still left her for julliana in the novel so how would it be any different if she continued to date him?

exactly!!! i don't know why people are calling erika names on the thread when he literally dated her for how long and ditched her the second og heroine appeared in the original timeline. wtf is this double standard???

5. Sugar_Sharly

Sugar_Sharly Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also haven't found someone translate it. Or you can find by googling the raw 나는 남주의 전 여친이었다.
    And I think I will stop reading it for a while, idk if I will continue in the future.
    I was frustrated looking the MC going back and forth for several men and couldn't fix her heart. I feel pity for them, especially her friend zone forever. He cross country for her but never cross this zone. Alas...

Ivy-Khun, HumanTrash and Wapdyne like this.
  6. AileenOwO

AileenOwO Queen of Headaches

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to read the raw it exist in google play books

7. blindpig05

blindpig05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alrighht. lets start with the most importan question.
    is the OG FL JULIANA A FAKE WHITE LOTUS BISH?

8. kuuryusi

kuuryusi Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with this so much. He had so much time to try and fight for their relationship. Make her understand from his point of view. Communication is clearly important and he should've expressed his point of view too. But no, he didn't. He waited for three whole years. To become a better person, to be more 'worthy' of her. Erika's worries was understandable too. In the original story, he ditched her for the og female lead when they were still in a relationship. It's normal to feel scared and you can't blame her for wanting to end things off with Leo before she could feel even deeply for him. Why would you want to continue a relationship like that? She's just trying to protect herself and there's nothing bitchy about that. :(

9. YunaCress

YunaCress Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember the last time I hate both the ML & MC so much like this...After Leo, Erika literally went with every guy that came to her, just to broke every single heart one by one after 3 months. I'm not having issue her breaking up with Leo because she's afraid to get hurt, that's totally understandable. What I can't stand is her using inferiority & shallow feeling for Leo (IMO she doesn't love Leo enough to fight for him so she just gave him up) as an excuse for hurting other people. And Zion is much worse, he seduced his friend's love (knowing that Leo is trying his best to win her back) and it's not because of love, it's because he feel amused ( yeah trampling on your best friend's heart while saying "this is for your own good" is a refresh thing to do). Thanks for getting together because no one deserve friend/lover like you two.

salty25, HumanTrash, roseO and 6 others like this.
  10. Arekushieru

Arekushieru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uh but... her inferiority *was* the reason why she broke up with him. She figured she wasn't enough to keep him in this life like the og Erika wasn't... because he fell in love with the FL even though he and og Erika apparently had somewhat mutual feelings for each other. Like others have said, which seems to be a point missed by you (and now others, despite the fact it was just explained to them, as well), Leo didn't love her enough to fight for her (he backed off as soon as she rejected him. He waited three years before coming back to her because he thought she didn't like him because he somehow wasn't worthy of her. Which means he was afraid of being rejected and hurt if he didn't work on himself. Hmm. I wonder who else that sounds like? So if I hated Erika I'd have to hate Leo too by this logic. Since I don't hate Leo for that reason I can't hate Erika for that reason either). Sometimes there just isn't someone who can be blamed no matter how much we want to, is all I can say.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  11. athene911

athene911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, It's like a disastrous plot, one is a supposed friend the other is a supposed lover they both destroyed hiiiiim

Herbie420, HumanTrash, DOHere and 2 others like this.
  12. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you guys. I understand both sides and still like the story a lot. Beside the art of the manhwa is so beautiful:blob_plusone:. I hope this spoiler forum can have more spoiler tho, I'm straving :blobdrool:

beazacha, Pole-Pole and BellaReader like this.
  13. theliongirl

theliongirl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Questions: So, if I'm getting this right, Juliana went undercover as a maid to find out the truth of her brother's death. Why was Julian murdered in the original story? And (I'm assuming this is what happened) why did Zion ask him to work as a maid for Erica? Also, I'd like to know more about Leo, Erica and Juliana's relationship in the original story.

Actually, when does Zion find out that Erica has knowledge of the original story? Is that something he finds out later on, or after he read the book did he assume that because her actions were different from the original Erica she had also read the book?

That Zion feels so insecure in his 10 year friendship with Leo, his only friend, is really sad but understandable. Zion only finds out about that Leo had a girlfriend months later when they broke up??? And he's never even told that Leo wants to get back with Erica. And that line about Zion seeing a smile for the first time on Leo's face, which was always cold when facing him... No wonder he didn't even know if Leo considered them friends.

Regarding Zion, I think there's something that you're all forgetting. We can assume that Zion acquired the original novel sometime before he met Erika, as that's presumably what made him interested enough to seek her out in the first place. Therefore, from Zion's point of view, he doesn't realize that Leo is still pursuing Erica until he sees them in the garden, (this is confirmed in chapter 12 the manhwa) and even then he probably still thinks that things are going to go the way of the novel he read and Leo will find his true love in the female lead. During the carriage ride, Zion says that he thinks that even if it hurts Leo right now helping him get over Erica will be better off for him in the long run. (Though I still think Zion's a bit questionable lol, I don't think he's too morally wrong). Remember that in the original story, Leo dumped Erica to be with Juliana.

Actually, I really have a soft spot for Leo and I do think he's a bit pitiful, but the author shows that Leo isn't the best choice for Erica. One, Zion, who's only met her a couple of times correctly predicts that she's going to go home, vs. Leo who dated her for months thinking she'd go back to the ball. Two, Leo doesn't notice how uncomfortable he's making Erica, vs. Zion who attempts to remove her from the uncomfortable situation. Three, Leo doesn't even attempt to meet her for three years; this is something Erica actually comments on more than once, so you know it bothers her. He doesn't ask for a better explanation for the break up from her (something that makes Zion interested enough that he'll set up a meeting to ask) or try to work it out.

It seems like, due to his own insecurities, he might have assumed that it was because he wasn't good enough? But did Erica ever even say that he wasn't good enough? She said "before my feelings get stronger". If it was me, I'd definitely ask what that meant. Her whole thing was that she feels like she isn't worthy enough to be with him, that the 'Female Lead' Juliana is the better option that he'll leave her for. Remember how he was all "could you show that you like me more" when she was going out of her way every day to sit with him in his office as he worked, while he was too busy working to spend time with her? Like, imagine yourself in that situation. So we come to Four, he doesn't understand or reassure her.

Erica says "I thought I was the only one who was sad over it [the breakup]". If your girlfriend is thinking that then obviously there is something wrong with your relationship. I don't know if anyone's in the wrong, but there was an obvious lack of trust and communication between Leo and Erica, even without knowledge of the original story. They both weren't able to work through their insecurities together, and I think that's the biggest failure of their relationship.

I know a lot of y'all dislike Erica, but is it really wrong of her to break up with them like that? Then, should she just continue leading them on when she no longer has any interest? Or should she just not date? All the men that choose to date her know that she has a history of breakups. And, you know, it's 'dating' and not 'marriage' for a reason - you're trying to figure out if you like someone.

And to say she didn't try with Leo - she did try? Even though she knew of a future where he might dump her for another woman, she still fell in love and tried to have a relationship with him. And when she felt like it wasn't working out, she ended it.

And now here her ex is, after three years of no contact where she thought he didn't care, telling her that he wants her back now when she's spent all this time trying to get over her love for him?

I haven't read anything other than the spoilers and translations in this thread and the translated chapters from the manhwa, so I'm not gonna comment of future events but I will say that some of the spoilers do seem a bit biased (though thank you still). lol, idk why I'm getting so heated over this story.

And omfg, I wrote so much for a story I've just started... what am I on. This should probably go on a LCD thread, but I looked and I couldn't find one, so into the spoilers thread it goes. :blobsweat:

14. JimmyFalcon

JimmyFalcon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm not sure if it's different in the novel, but I got different vibes from her in the manhwa. Her parents seemed to really love each other but still got sick of each other at one point and ended their relationship in a divorce. She doesn't really believe in love because of that and thinks that love has a time limit; she still wants to be loved but is scared. She set a time limit of 3 months for anyone she dated after Leo because she doesn't want to fall too deep. This is also the reason why she broke it with Leo. Even while in the relationship she tried to not fall too deep, just showing as much as she thought was appropriate. In her mind, the person who fell in love first/most was the loser and the one who would hurt most. Although she tried to hide herself Leo was honest about his feelings. He always wanted her to love him more, of course the more he did so the more paranoid she got.
    It's a weak reason but the girl had a complex about romance, and it didn't help that the novel pretty much "predicted" the female protagonist. She's not a villain, she just needs a psychiatrist.

I think had the MC stayed together with Leo, she would have driven herself into a corner, they're too different and they weren't able to balance each other out. She was constantly mistrustful and always felt insecure in that relationship.

The reason why she vibed most with the playboy male lead (Zion) is because he's like her, with parents that broke it off and thus seeked romance in quick flings. She didn't worry about him because they seemed casual, and in their first fake relationship, he took the break up at the end of the day fairly well. Unlike with Leo, she feels comfortable with Zion and the relationship isn't stiff, they joke together and actually confess their insecurities about love to each other, something she doesn't do with Leo.

Some people say opposites attract, but I'm of the belief that birds of a feather flock together.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
  15. Pleasetakemetrunksenpai

Pleasetakemetrunksenpai Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's way too many people obsessed with painting the MC as the villain of the story...
    I saw comments about how she dated around and hurt men, but, like, they dated her knowing her bad reputation and it's not like she cheated on them. A person has the right to finish a relationship whenever they feel like it.

BTW, it's much better to end it when there are no more feelings, than to drag things out and hurt the other party even further.

Honestly, the only part she acted bad, by what I read in this comment section, was when she told Leo she'd consider going back to him and then kissed Zion without even talking with Leo beforehand. Yep, it really sucked. Baaaad move.

Also, there's much more hate going her direction, even though Zion is the supposed friend of the ML, making his actions much more terrible.

I wonder why.

Oh, and let's not ignore that Leo broke up with her, after years of relationship, in the book. How could she know if he wouldn't do it again? It's kinda hard to give this type of trust to a person.

And, when she ended their relationship, he seemed to not care for even a bit. Never went after her, never asked for explanations.

Anyways, let's not say she's "b-cthy" or a "villain", the story is more complex than that. They all did dumb shit. Crying doesn't make one side more virtuous than other.

16. hahahatdog

hahahatdog Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is zion really the ml? :( I don’t really like him lol. Knowing that his best friend still holding on to erica, he went to push this kind of narrative. I wonder if he really view Leo as his best friend.

17. magical_al00

magical_al00 ✧・゚:*( ͡ꈍ ͜ʖ̫ ͡ꈍ )*:・゚✧

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s Leo talking to MC
    E5B3803F-B310-421C-8D18-B1D1F175D08A.jpeg

I don’t like him he ditched MC in the original novel to be with oriFL I prefer Zion :blobpopcorn_two:

18. Lizell06

Lizell06 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Uhm, is this a reverse harem? I am actually expecting a reverse harem route since I cant choose between the MLs. And why the hell did the author make so many MLs? Now, I am having a hard time choosing which one I should root. Theres too many MLs. This should be a reverse harem. The more the merrier ofcourse. Lololol.

S1lly likes this.
  19. Scapezz

Scapezz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Manhwa:
    Its rare for an MC to reallly follow what she plan of not being together with Ex(Leo). Usually MC always saying that they must avoid this or that, but they end up falling for them or having some kind of sob pov of ex and being together again with the one they want to avoid.

Besides in the first timeline:)hmm:)MC cling onto leo until Leo abandon MC. SO
    I hope MC will tell leo the reason shw abandon him. So sa pitiful leo will know. BUT it will be better if she tell Leo when leo starting to Lean on OG FL :blob_grin: .. that way Theres an evidense that they really did become something :blobtriumph:

And i really like how resolve MC on leaving her ex. Although i dont realy like Zion the playboy. Will sense they both are the same i guess thats fine. But it will be more great that before they start having intimate to their short time partners they should give them warning up ahead of planning to break afterward .even them they also has feelings and can be hurt just like them,

Leo ended up really in love with MC (posses erika, just because shes not a nasty one ( original erika). Still Erika still love him (OR erika), its just means that Leo has an ideal or if its his to his liking. then poor the Original Erika.

I hope their will be more manhwa/novel that the ML will like MC even if shes a nasty and clingy, but thers no misunderstanding (i rarely read one. And i cant remember if did i really read one.) Hahhaa but i guess stories will be more interesting if it has missunderstanding or abandonning

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    beazacha likes this.
  20. BENTHOS

BENTHOS Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So whose the real male lead can someone answer this question