Spoiler Kill the Villainess - Helena

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by BlueRoseJuliet, Apr 7, 2020.

?

Do you hate Helena?

1. Yes

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  2. No

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  3. No opinion. I want to stay away from her

62 vote(s)
    30.4%
  4. It is complicated

40 vote(s)
    19.6%
  1. Matpatpat

Matpatpat Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You see the same inherent misogyny in every single thread. Literally, the only spoilers that came out about this novel when people were going in on Helena was that she was being forced to marry the Prince, a quote where she straight up says she wouldn't have married him if she had the choice and that she forced herself to love him, and a chapter where the Prince came in assuming things and slapped Eris for pushing Helena (which she did actually push Helena even if it was because she was startled not because she meant it) within the span of like one page and Helena looked worried and tried say something but gets ignored/talked over. She's annoying for speaking informally to Eris when Eris has plainly stated she disliked it, yes. But, there might even be an explanation for it like the Prince tells her/orders her to be informal (because lets be real, the socioeconomic/political differences are crazy AF and the Prince's wants are greater than Eris') or if she's informal with the prince, per his request/orders, how does it look if she treats others with formality who are lower in status?

She has flaws, sure, but it's nothing that warrants all the hate and vitriol that she, as an "original MC" character get. Especially when the author seems to be trying to actually flesh her out as a legitimate person with flaws and characters.

2. Burnfavor1

Burnfavor1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys I'm starting to read this novel so ill be updating drop ur questions. For anyone who has answers plz tell me what happens to the trash prince in DETAIL. especially if he is getting his ass kicked! I need his blood split for daring to assault our FL.

Y'll Helena supports are just as dense as her! Most of us on this forum identify as women. Are y'll imply we are internalizing misogyny because we think Helena can make better choices especially with how she has these pathetic guys are wrapped around her fingers? Even if she does not like the prince she was given more power/ oppurinties then she previously had. Even if she doesn't want it that won't change her situation. She can only do that if she can use it in a way that will benefit her and instead of ignorantly harming the next innocent woman. YES, the prince did force her (via spoiler). I HATE him the most but his flaws don't cancel her ignorance and lack of awareness and accountability for her actions (she did not learn proper etiquette, how her new unwanted role affects those who she wants to be 'friends with, maybe have to get TF out of this relationship, how to make connections and gain more power or resources. When I think of Helena I think of this quote "Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and the conscientious stupidity - MLKJ". either way so far I don't feel bad for helena, she seems very happy but people said this story gets dark so I will give her space to grow. but if she goes like this I could give to cents about her.

3. Despaireon

Despaireon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Of course he would plead his loyalty to her she probably gave him a bag of cookies in this timeline tooStan Helena. Her simp attraction power is immeasurable. Please do spoil more when it comes to the other trash

Wow I actually feel conflicted. Soo Helena knows she's being treated well and even being pampered by the Empress. I- How can I even defend her at this rate?? She knows she's being treated better than the Mc yet still act "pure and innocent"....no comment on this one:confused:

Also she thinks she have a bad personality? I just think she's a misunderstood girl. Uptight and all but still have a pure heart. Maybe it's for development to make her fix the relationship between her parents but dayum just is too much for our baby girl

4. karls

karls Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    lmao welcome to the new episode of 'my struggle on finding spoilers bc people are fighting' cOME ON i do agree with everyone but i kind of still hate helena pls give me a break she's annoying but i do not condone abuse just bc i hate her the fuck she deserves better bc that asshole crown prince deserves to die bc he's literally a horse shit SO ANYWAY pls WHEN WAS THE FIRST TIME ERIS TRIED TO KILL HERSELF AND EVERYONE KNEW ABOUT IT????? or more like what was the turning point for the 3 assholes to like her???

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
  5. Ray Levantret

Ray Levantret Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.reddit.com/r/OtomeIseka...&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&context=3
    Just asking from the Reddit spoiler it said
    “Helena, the OG heroine, is not evil. She’s actually really cool too. She’s a maid and is forced to marry the prince bc he uses his status to force his love onto her. She has a really sad past too. But YAY TO HEALTHY FEMALE RELATIONSHIPS, no cliché evil OG heroine”. Is there anyone who know the spoiler of how the OG heroine is like since from what I saw the heroine is not really cool at all , quite typical actually and her past is a typical fallen noble story so I thought there would be more to it.

evanesco99211 likes this.
  6. LyreSecondString

LyreSecondString Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, right!

Helena was loved by everyone without doing anything. Just like OG!Eris, she doesn't need to work hard and only need to smile to get everyone's admiration!

And her arguments is that she also had sad past and was just being forced?! she doen't know? She's to oblivious and only thought about herself!

They said that ignorance is a bliss. No, ignorance is a sin.

This is just my opinion by the way:blobsweat:
    I just find Helena so annoying:blobtongue:

7. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow just read 21 chapter of this manga and i must say :
    I LOVE IT!!!!
    Yes, this is not a cliche novel where the MC want to stay and win the favor of other characters, or turn the tides for her sake, but want to go back to her previous world
    If i am her, i will do the exact same thing, enough with this aristocrats world, i prefer democracy more than being a noble lady
    I have a family that loved me in a world that allows freedom, so why bother to stay??
    I have decided that this novel is the one to add to my favorite list side by side with under the oak tree

8. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Helena :
    I've gone through the discussion about Helena.
    I agree on the point that Helena didn't had have the 'choice' to reject the crown prince. But I'm quite sure that she doesn't even know that something was wrong, she was genuinely happy with them cause they were raised together so she didn't thought that it would be wrong of her. The 'unable to reject' thing only takes place when the Crown Prince asked her hand in marriage, it was then she would've realised that the man she just only thought of as a friend is in love with her and instead of considering her just as a childhood friend.
    When she herself didn't knew that those idiots were hovering around her not because they thought of her as a friend but something more than that, their obsession is not to be blamed on her cause she's not a homewrecker.

Continuing, the only thing which I would like to blame on her his her being an airhead. Although she's an adult, but she still refuses to grow up, in the sense, 1) She never had in her mind to cover Erin's position as an Empress but she didn't know when to draw a line between her and her so called childhood friends, she kept thinking them of as friends forgetting that they've also transformed into a 'man' and a 'woman'. I would also like to blame this fact on the people who raised her and overly pampered her to the point where they forgot to tell her about how the world of people revolves and how she's not a child anymore so she just can't hangout with her 'friends' especially the 'friend' who's already betrothed to another woman. In short, she remained a kid who's unaware of what she was doing was wrong even if it was unintentional. The more agonising thing is I would like to blame her very much and it would be better that she was really an evil woman, lack of solid blame is also frustrating me.

2) Given the facts above, she didn't even knew when to step back, she was the one to believe in 'goodness can change a person' unaware of the fact that her over the top of goodness was hurting an innocent woman and slowly poisoning her. Ofcourse, she never realised this fact so she never knew the justified fact for why Erin was rude to her. She never realised her so called notion of 'goodness can change a person' is doing more harm to Erin than good. I do blame her for what Erin had go through but the way Helena was, wasn't because she wanted to, but was made into by constantly having people around her who were very obsessed with her and never found anything wrong in her actions. She's definitely the problem but she's definitely not the 'root of the problem'.
    She's naïve but ignorant and no wonder why they say ignorance is a sin.

*this is just my point of view, I don't agree or disagree with anyone on the views they carry for her and we should never forget that she's nothing but just a fictional character, so picking a fight or unnecessary debate over her is a wastage of time. I'm surely not debating on her but this is just of what I thought of this fictional character. My thoughts aren't forced on anyone or proving anyone's answer wrong or right. Thank you.
    *crawls back to my comfort zone*

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2021
  9. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think Helena's ignorance and indifference is very balanced, ugh I'm really annoyed with her:cautious:

10. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Novel Link: https://www.novelupdates.com/series/kill-the-villainess/
    Spoiler thread link: https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kill-the-villainess.118265/

I stumbled across this manhwa today and went through the spoiler thread (filled with an interesting fight) but any way, i noticed that this novel/manhwa does not have a discussion chat so i will post this here.
    After reading chapter.... uh i think it was 8? I forgot the number but, it was the chapter from Emma's pov
    after reading that chapter, i thought, what if Emma is a witch? like, she desperately wished for her lady's wish to be fulfilled and at the same time, the og Eris wished to disappear so perhaps that was the cause of mc Eris to transmigrate here since the law of casualty needed to be fulfilled

She left without knowing that someone she never expected had already shed tears for Eris. Poor Emma. She might be crying until the snow melts down by now.
    I feel really sorry for Emma. She devoted her whole life to OG Eris. Especially when Emma asked in chapter 9, "was there nothing that could hold my lady back?" I really wished that both Emma and OG Eris could get their happy end. But it is too late. These two are the most tragic characters in the novel >.<

I don't like the green tea. uh.... what was her name... Helena so far I have read, she seems all happy and bubbly looking at the world through rose colored glasses. and her energy is just too... bright for me. I'll go blind if I ever had her as a friend >.<

after reading the spoilers, i acknowledge that her circumstances are a bit complex and well now, I don't dislike her but if i ever did meet her, I would stay far away from her. she gives me a classic example of pig teammate for female friends. she literally does nothing to help her only (presumably) female 'friend' from being verbally and physically abused. I wouldn't hate her because in the end she did what she wanted for her own self-interest, and ultimately she is also human but if I was Eris, I understand why Eris hates her passionately.

Now, onto the fluff/bittersweet moments, which are also ending spoilers
    A man with an umbrella walked across the narrow street. I habitually looked at the man's face. And finally.

“Anakin?”

Everything was different, but somehow I felt strange conviction. I've always been confident that if I meet him, I'll recognize him at first sight.

To be honest, I don't know why groundless confidence soared so much. People usually call it fate.

The man looked at me reflexively at my question. He tilted his umbrella toward me to keep me from getting rained on, and immediately smiled.

His shoulders are wet again and again. In this situation, kisses are cliche, but there must be a reason why cliches are loved in this world.

Like the dazzling ending of a play, a movie, or a story, we kissed. Then like in movies, we never broke up again.

-End-
    I SQUEALED! I can't wait for this to be drawn! I hope manhwa is not dropped by then >.<

His master taught him joy, sorrow, fear and excitement, and the future. The fact made Anakin want to live again.

There was something I wanted to say to her. If one day the world is just one really big play like you said, now I dare to be your lead role.

Your lead, not the world's.

Oh, I hope my absence can mean anything to you. Everyone may find life boring because there are so many holes in it.

But not everyone needed to love the play. I just need one person to know.

“Anakin?”

One who will not leave him even when the curtain falls.
    [/QUOTE]

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god! This part! The way both of them express the love for each other! I squealed so hard internally!!!!! Any way, I will continue posting updates as and when I read new chapters.
    What do you guys think of the plot of this manhwa/ recently-picked-up-novel?

P.S I just realized I have posted two main spoilers while fangirling. Is this okay? If not, please tell me. I will edit and remove it thank you.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
  11. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    seem like two fangirl pop up at same time....
    really same weird

the section goes to lcd, Latest Chapter Discussion

slap slap slap

oi mod!
    one is lcd w

Mikaa and Ddraig like this.
  12. BlueRoseJuliet

BlueRoseJuliet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks! I've never really made a thread but I was tired of all the pages about Helena when all I wanted was some nice spoilers. Thanks for your help in moving this to the right place :cookie:

SilverOne likes this.
  13. Deleted member 282232

Deleted member 282232 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Guys, someone just dropped a bomb in the spoiler section that Erin is Priest Fish's half sister? I mean, really?

Mikaa likes this.
  14. Princess Alice

Princess Alice Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    About Helena: I don't hate Helena but she is indeed annoying, the type of people I always try to avoid and ignore in real life. I would just put her on "seen" or walk away. I do pity her tho. I seriously think she's mentally slow and guys tend to like pretty girls with slow brains so they can easily manipulate them. If she came to me and ask for advice in life or a relationship I would help but I wouldn't start a conversation or try to get close to her.
    About this manhwa: I feel totally relatable, holly shit. My parents favor my brothers but I know they also love me unconditionally, they just don't show it as much as they show to my brothers, it's also because my brothers tend to appear cuter, nicer in front of my parents. However, I love them more than anything. I'm successful in my career, I have a family that cares for me, I don't have problems with men, if I get isekai into a world where everyone tries to make my life miserable I would try to kill myself too. I read these manhwas because I was born a weeb and I love dramas that have nothing to do with me (don't judge me, I like to observe). This manhwa feels so real that it makes me scared it would happen in real life.
    About OG!Eris:
    She's the most pitiful character in this manhwa, so hated, so misunderstood, so ignored. I think in the OG! Timeline, she killed Helena to get executed herself to escape that world also. I really hope she got reincarnated somewhere better but I need closure, I want the author to say she will be happy.
    About the dragon:
    I think the dragon that Jason killed was also a lost soul that got reincarnated into that world and cannot get out, so he manipulated the temple and Jason to kill himself so he can finally get out of that world.

Volublekoala965, Mikaa, Tt123 and 3 others like this.
  15. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manhwa three days ago and I feel pretty bad for the FL.
    I can never understand people like the crown prince. Even if he fell in love, Eris is also a childhood friend of his. He should be looking for a solution. Instead, he stays engaged to Eris and forcefeeds her dogfood.
    If I was Eris, I would be mad at Helena, because I can not deal with people who refuse to respect my boundaries. And I would be itching to kill the crown prince. I would do my best to avoid them and just do my basic duties, but as these cockroaches keep showing up in front of Eris, I guess at some point I would explode and get in big trouble.

This has a discussion chat
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/kill-the-villainess.124084/

16. Missy2894

Missy2894 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Praise God someone finally speak my mind
    Igonorance is indeed the best word for OGFL
    She ignore MC's feeling and how her pride was trampled because of her and MLS ignorance. If she is really good and smart, and really care about MC, why don't figured out a way to side with her NOT just with WORDS, but with ACTION! She is all talk but no action type of person. I despise this kind of woman as FL the most
    You behave according to the world you live in, if it is not appropriate for commoner to behave that way, then fix your attitude. I really gate the tea time they had when there are four of them but only three if if them including the heroine having a good time. And she is the one of them who ignored MC's presence but still acting like she is a friend to her.
    Oh i fucking hate this type of person, even in real life this is a trash i don't want to get involved with
    So yes, thankyou for speaking out what i think about the OGFL precisely

17. Sutad Aatma

Sutad Aatma Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh it was created the same time i did, no wonder i couldnt find any thread before that lol

also, the part where you said eris is also a childhood friend, i dont think he ever thought of eris as one. eris was only there because helena wanted her. plus, i have reasons to believe that cp probably hated eris because eris was good at what she did. she was the ideal nobel princess everyone expected her to be and she knew where she stood. cp probably hated eris because not only was he forced into this due to emperor, who killed his father, but also because eris was never good to helena.
    and even without helena as a variable, eris would still be hated simply because of her mere position of cp princess given to her by emperor

18. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helena did noting wrong

She is based. She makes self inserters seethe. That's always a plus in my book

Also as always fuck nobles and uh spoiler thread?

b21.png

Also this is now a pro helena thread

Otherwise I will come to your house and delete your one direction x bts self insert fanfiction

Immernachtreich and Mikaa like this.
  19. trixhenituse

trixhenituse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this part is so sad :(( But Thank you very much for the spoilers! I've just started the manhwa :aww:

20. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Threads moved, and merged.

Look at the content. It's not a Latest Chapter discussion. It's a discussion about one person. It'll contain a lot of spoilers. Slap yourself.

Sutad Aatma likes this.