Spoiler The Way to Protect the Female Lead's Older Brother/여주인공의 오빠를 지키는 방법

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by GolgoGolgo, Jan 31, 2021.

1. athene911

athene911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @mayanyanya thank you so much for the explanation .. So basically, he is suffering from Survivor guilt, such a twisted family :notlikeblob:

mayanyanya likes this.
  2. mayanyanya

mayanyanya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it's even more apparent when it comes to more on Deon and Achilles (Ashil in the manhwa) in later novel chapters:
    Deon has more than one chance to kill the 'resurrected' Ashil, or doll that Noel Bertrium created from his remains named Nyx. Roxanna can't kill Nyx because he is built from the body of her brother, Achilles. Deon didn't kill his brother out of malice or hatred, he also mentions that that brother is the first person he has ever killed in his life. Roxanna's mother, Sylvia confronts him and says she hates him for what he did, but he knows that Deon killed her son but would die for her daughter if he had to. It's why she can't completely despise him, she pities him for what Randt made him do. Sylvia technically is closer to forgiveness than Roxanna is. So confronted with the 'doll' Nyx, he just leaves to find Roxanna after discovering this is what his dad did to his little brother's body. Although this happens in the timeskip when Roxanna is in her 20s... so the doll Nyx has been frozen in time, still 15. Deon's more concerned with how this will affect Roxanna. If he really had any malice toward to his little brother, he would have killed this imperfect resurrection immediately.

3. athene911

athene911 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This really got me to feel pity over Deon and see him in a different perspective not an evil mastermind at all.. Randt!! you are such a crazy thin not human at all !!!!!

boom2424 likes this.
  4. Vivixoxo

Vivixoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The amount of comments and posts (not on here) from people shipping Roxana with Dion, wishing he was the ML and then defending his murderous behavior is astonishing to me. People are so quick to hate on “toxic” MLs with a tragic past (*cough*AE*cough*Lady to Queen*cough*) and yet here we are, ignoring this murderous dude’s behavior just because he’s “hot” (looks like every other black haired dude to me tbh). Even if they weren’t blood related half-siblings, the fact that he killed her beloved older brother and tormented her still remains. There were even people who thought they kiss/slept together in the last chapter because they formed an “alliance”, bro what?? Feel free to ship him with yourself but don’t do my girl Roxana dirty like that.

Sorry, I normally don’t rant but I needed to get this out of my system :blobsweat:

Dion most definitely tried to kill Nyx (Achille), multiple times in fact. The only reason he was unable to was because Cassis came and fought with him (twice). He literally spent the second half of the story chasing Roxana and going around killing people. He doesn’t seek Roxana’s forgiveness. He wants to continue being the object of her hatered because it makes him feel alive, which was what he felt when he killed Achille.

5. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    things that happened on that chapter was illusion as a trial for roxana to be accepted as "a truly agriche" which ashil previously failed (and ended up losing his life in dion's hand). roxana passed the trial by killing ashil's illusion by herself (that's how she told dion that she won't let him killed ashil for the second time).

yes, later on the revived ashil will appear but at the time on that scene, neither roxana nor dion know that ashil is still "alive".

mascheny and Mxnhwa like this.
  6. mayanyanya

mayanyanya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But based on the ending it's arguable that he's killing people for very specific reasons:
    But if you complete reading the entire novel, you realize that Deon doesn't kill Nyx in the end. He has more than one opportunity to. He ends up losing an arm saving Roxanna and is nursed back to health by Roxanna, Cassius, Sierra, AND even Maria. Nyx ends up regaining his memories as Ashil and is buried as Ashil. Deon attends the funeral too and in the process stands looking at the little grave that they make for Nyx's crumbled doll body as ashes all night and day. Roxanna says she'll never cry for him when he dies. She refuses to, so that's why he has to LIVE. Live and continue serving her. She admits she'll never OUTRIGHT forgive him but she refuses to let him die so easily (from fighting Nyx) and the killer dolls. Sierra gave Deon an order to stay by Roxanna's side for the rest of his remaining life as his saviour, AND to protect her for the rest of his life. So it's basically Deon's messed up attempts at 'protecting Roxanna' that's how the novel ends. He's of course messed up in his judgments for what constitutes as protection and what his ultimate desires are (since he genuinely creepily enjoys Roxanna crying).
    There's a scene where when he confronts Cassius that he hates him for the rest of his life and won't actually kill him until the butterflies consume Roxanna in the novel too. There's no romance here is my main point between Deon and Roxanna. Just a really messed up family.

Can anyone elaborate on Emily and Roxanna's history? I get there's a side story about her somewhere but the timeline is confusing.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2021
  7. Vivixoxo

Vivixoxo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's because Roxana stops him in the end so he doesn't kill Nyx. It doesn't change the fact that he attempts to murder the doll multiple times for his own selfish reasons until the very end. Only when he's on the verge of death that he finally opens his eyes and stop being a killing machine after talking with Roxana.

And I don't see it as him protecting her in a familial way (compare to Jeremy) since what Dion ultimately wants is to feel human, and he gets that through Roxana. So if Roxana died, his connection to those feelings will be lost. They will never have a normal sibling relationship. That's just my perspective. Dion's character is meant to be complex so there will always be multiple ways to interpret his actions.

Also, Roxana's mom name is Sierra, not Sylvia.

8. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who is Sylvia?

9. mangalover_101

mangalover_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a misspelling for Sierra who is the mother of roxanna

10. mayanyanya

mayanyanya Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sierra is Roxanna's mother
    Sylvia is Cassius's little sister

XD lemme go fix my typo

I'm just happy that Sierra approves of Roxana and Cassius LOLOL :D and so does Sylvia hehe

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
    mangalover_101 and DOHere like this.
  11. LunarCiel

LunarCiel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any more spoilers a summary collection consisting of Roxanna and Cassis love moments? And any spoilers of other og male targets on how they view Roxanna? Many thanks to whom spoil me :blobxd: I really wish I could read Korean :blobwoah:

Creolenerd likes this.
  12. darkcrystal

darkcrystal Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well isn't Maria is a big psycho the way she kill people and do that doll's cosplay don't she become a threat around Sierra

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  13. mangalover_101

mangalover_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sry for the mistake (;´༎ຶٹ༎ຶ`) and thx too :)

14. NocturnalLa77ie

NocturnalLa77ie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just read the latest chapter of the manhwa where Dion and Roxanna hugged. And now Dion is messing with my head!! I know it's bad but men like him are my kind of guy. :notlikeblob: Also after reading the spoilers, I'm glad that nothing incesty had happened. I at least want them to bond more as siblings now. Jeremy, Dion and Roxanna, i mean, but it'll obviously not happen :blobsob:

boom2424 likes this.
  15. Ellavader6666

Ellavader6666 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm just curious, are the other families of any significant importance to the story? Do they have any sort of relation to our main characters?

16. yukihibari

yukihibari A Silent Reader

Reading List:
    Link
    yes, she's psycho and cruel towards others but maria won't ever harm sierra. she loves pretty things, that's why she loves both sierra (who's known for her extraordinarily beauty) and roxanna but dislikes her own son (bcs as boys grow older, they became wicked). also bcs sierra still looks humane and maria loves her reactions. probably if you ask her to choose between landt and sierra, she'll immediately choose sierra without a second thought.

her fixation towards sierra somehow quite similar to dion towards roxana (he's interested bcs roxana still "human" and wants to see her cry for him).

17. LeideLis

LeideLis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    We see one of the Roxana's older brother and he's gross... but i want to know... was he killed? Please, say yes!!! :blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobspearpeek::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife::blobcat_knife:

18. s254386

s254386 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Do we want to talk about Jeremy after the three years gap?
    :love::love:

Regyne83 likes this.
  19. saribyu

saribyu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    any news about jeremy? i know he cares about roxana as brotherly love, but what does roxana think about him? does she consider him as a sibling as well, or like a 'companion'?