Spoiler The Legend of Northern Blade

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by newbornleaf, Nov 6, 2020.

1. lawlogic77

lawlogic77 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    sorry i think i miss it because mtl probably translate it to korean word which make me not understand it

who mu mountain shamaness ?
    he will stay neutral when they meet again in central heavenly alliance, they will become enemy after 3 year time skip

Last edited: Mar 26, 2021
    donaiseiyuu, Melita_H and newbornleaf like this.
  2. newbornleaf

newbornleaf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is google translate good? I'm planning to read the raw

3. lawlogic77

Reading List:
    Link
    decent i think, its really confusing when fight scene happen, and its confusing too at person name, technique, etc

4. OverlyBadassmc

OverlyBadassmc Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    After reading halfway around, my conclusion
    1. Average silent night > average main land warrior (even 7 lower sky except young master dam were bellow silent night young generation)
    2. But story different with their leader .
    9 sky >>> 4 silent night demon lord
    3. 4 northern angel were below 9 sky

5. Gemp

Gemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For those that want to read the novel, I need to remind you that the novel has a different feels than the manhwa. While the themes is still the same (about revenge, loyalty, road to glory, moorim world political problems and the fights that follow it), the novel has more serious feeling like a classic wuxia story in the style of Jin Young and Louis Cha. On the other hand, the manhwa has more of comedic and goofy quirk inserted on it by the manhwa artist like the exaggerated expression and the antics of many of the characters.

One example is Ha Ji Won. in the novel He is far more serious compared to the crazy and quirky scholar in the manhwa. It's also the same with Cheong In, the black moon spy dude, while in the novel he's also a funny guy, but nothing compared to the one that got depicted as the comedic dude in the manhwa. I also don't remember that he got animals companions in the novel.

- the leader of the black moon is the same dude that saved Muwon when he ran away from Central Heavenly Alliance. He's one of the 9 sky, Neng Gu Hui. After he saved Muwon he got defeated by another member of the nine sky, the top of wudang sect, Jeok Yeop Jin-In (Jin-In is the title of higher level Taoist or something. Not sure how to translate it in English). He's also the reason why Muwon infiltrate wudang sect, because after learning that Black Moon's leader got imprisoned there, Cheong In asked Muwon to save the dude. It's also the time when everyone realized that Neng Guhui is the leader of black Moon. Even the members of Black Moon never know about it. As the previous spoiler said, Muwon killed Jeok Yeop and he's the first nine sky that got killed.
    -about Snow Flower (or Seol Hwa), Muwon's sword, it got destroyed when he tried to appease a Berserk En Ha Seol. The spirit is still alive inside Muwon though and in the end he's able to materialize the sword out of nothing at the last battle against Myeong Seol Cheon (or is it seoljin? Forgot the name of the douche nine sky dude). Muwon also reached the highest realm of swordmanship called inner sword or something, where he doesn't need to use a sword to execute his swordmanship. In fact in majority of the second half of the novel he either used a staff or a tree branch to fight. He also got a title for the the use of a staff when he use one of his secret identity to fight the silent night

All in all, the ending feels kind of rushed that there are so many things that is unsolved. The last fight also feel too short and not that good. It's too simple and not flashy enough compared to many of previous fight scene...:facepalm::blobsad:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    donaiseiyuu, Melita_H, Zoyi and 6 others like this.
  6. lawlogic77

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for some clarification, tbh, i know muwon can summon snow flower spirit but i dont realized its already got destroyed when he try to appease the berserk eunhaseol, its seems my brain already got damaged by mtl

yeah, the ending feel rushed, muwon fight with damsoocheon is a bit of disappointing, but i think thats the way author can make muwon win against him when he badly injured after fight with moyongyuelchon, and we need some sort of epilogue or extra story

7. Gemp

Gemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly the the last war is kind of rushed. Compared to when Silent Night war, where it was full of schemes and battle of wits of the cast, the northern sect war is more of brawl between Central Heavenly Alliance+Western Alliance vs Northern sect.

Even the last duel between Ha Jin wol vs Seo Mun Hye Ryung is pretty meh. This is where I admire the manhwa artist. He's able to create and draw a very interesting scene from something that was only explained in a few word. In the novel, when there's a scene where magic and illusion being in use, it's never explained in detail how it work or how it look like. But how it was shown in the manhwa is pretty mind blowing and so cool that I never imagined it will be look like that if I only read the novel. Kudos to the manhwa artist, and honestly without him/her, this story will never got any attention outside Korea.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    Mangafreakspark and SpicyZombie like this.
  8. Abobo2k

Abobo2k New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Gemp what happened to demon fist son

9. lawlogic77

Reading List:
    Link
    agree with you, the central heavenly alliance vs silent night war is more interesting than the last war arc, and i really love how muwon want to decrease power of both side so the northern heavenly alliance can appear again in the world.
    I think the fight between both of them is interesting because i saw how hajinwol illusion work in manhwa, we just need to wait for the manhwa to illustrate the fight so i have some hope. the artist is he if you want to know, and he have youtube channel, heres the link :
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCY7d1LgXCok9A2pl4ef7qjw

he will try to kill muwon when muwon get hunted by central heavenly alliance for the first time, but muwon managed to injured him so badly he need to get healed with so many woman blood for 3 years, he will try to kill muwon again when muwon get hunted by central heavenly alliance for the second time, but this time muwon managed to kill him

10. Abobo2k

Abobo2k New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Gemp thanks...any story about the former sect leaders of Northern sect?and Jin my won mother...was she ever mentioned

newbornleaf likes this.
  11. Gemp

Gemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't quit remember about Jo Unkyung, but Muwon definitely killed Him. Maybe just like Iwhat LawLogic77 said, He got killed when Muwon ran from Central Heavenly Alliance the second time? I think it's about the time when the spirit of Snow Flower completely materialized inside his consciousness? Sorry, my memory is kinda hazy coz it's been a while since I read the novel.

About Muwon ancestors and other family, beside his father, it was never fully explained. If I remember correctly it only mentioned in passing that the first leader was kind of genius wandering swordman and the he created the northern heavenly sword style. Also it was said that Northern Heavenly sect was created by Mujeog Clan to counter silent night, but actually it was just a plot to keep the rebelling silent night in check. Oh, also the northern heavenly sect's location, that desert place, is originally owned by silent night.

Mujeog family is a very old and powerful family. In fact, the one that created the immortal demon king of chaos, Tae Mugang (the gray dude that appeared at the start of the series), is Mujeog Yuelcheon's grandfather. He's like the secret weapon of Mujeog Clan where he got passed down into each generation of the family heads to protect them and the family from those that can disrupt it's dominance in moorim world. When he finally dead because the thing that made him immortal (some kind of chaotic energy or something) got destroyed by Muwon's inner Ki, He turn into an old man. He said that his age is more than 150 years, but majority of his time he was made to sleep to mantain the energy and made him live longer. Poor dude really...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2021
    Mangafreakspark likes this.
  12. Abobo2k

Abobo2k New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @Gemp that family is evil wow didn't expect that where did u read ur novel...and how did you translate it

habibo_abadda likes this.
  13. Gemp

Gemp Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know a bit of Korean, but not really fluent in it. I know hangul but when hanja is used oftentimes I look on Google. Many of a person's title and technique name is in hanja. sentences and grammars that I don't know i use Google translate to interpret it.

14. habibo_abadda

habibo_abadda Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please please please please please please please please please please please tell me where I can read the novel

i really didn't read anything cus im afraid of spoiler my self

15. lawlogic77

Reading List:
    Link
    check first page, i already put mega link where you can download the raw of this novel, after that you can use google translate or papago to translate the novel from korean to english

16. GreatT3mpest

GreatT3mpest Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So does that mean, He is strong but not on Muwon's level?

17. lawlogic77

Reading List:
    Link
    nope, he is basically the strongest person in that universe, but muwon managed to become stronger than him when muwon training again before the last war happen

18. GreatT3mpest

GreatT3mpest Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh so in short the already strong Muwon became much more when he train for 3 more years before the war

19. soulwarfare

soulwarfare Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does Eun Ha-Seol ever find out about her brother who died to Mu-Won?
    Does anyone from Silent night change to Mu-won side?
    What happened to the Tang poison girl who likes Mu-won?

20. lawlogic77

Reading List:
    Link
    no, there will be time skip for 3 years, in that time muwon will reach nine sky level of power but he still weak compared to nine sky leader, before the last war between northern heavenly sect and central heavenly alliance happen muwon will train for some months , and thats where his power managed to reach on level of nine sky leader

1. eunhaseol have brother that muwon killed ? sorry i forgot some things
    2. there isnt no one from silent night that change to muwon side, even though in the end muwon will help silent night because they get destroyed by central heavenly alliance
    3. she still alive till the end , its sad when she need to acknowledge muwon doesnt like her and when she see muwon married to eunhaseol

Melita_H and newbornleaf like this.