Discussion Why are people so obsessed with iPhones?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by cutiebinkie, Apr 11, 2021.

1. cutiebinkie

cutiebinkie Nuju

Reading List:
    Link
    Why are people so obsessed with iPhones and apple products in general?

Donutmindme likes this.
  2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because the 'I' in the iPhone gives their egos a boost, because the logo with the forbidden fruit tempts them as it tempted their ancestor. :blobpeek:

3. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Without talking about the presence, apple made it's name as a high quality electronics brand. Some people like it, others don't.
    Now it's like sports teams. They may play a good game, but the main reason people are so invested in them is that it became a tradition.

4. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    They are popular and look cute? I don't actually use iPhones/Apple products that much myself though.

But I think for some games, they're only in the App Store and not the Google Play store~ Maybe that's a reason too?

cutiebinkie likes this.
  5. leiv

leiv Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me personally, i know that there are other brands that have better and cheaper phones and that iphone are overpriced yet i keep choosing iphone. Probably because you see an apple product you would think that it's expensive or that people who doesn't really understand phones would think iphone is better than other phones. so yeah it's just making me feel like i have money and i'm rich for having an iphone lol

Napelynn and cutiebinkie like this.
  6. DocB

DocB "I see you, little mouse! Run along"

Reading List:
    Link
    because in the 80's apple released an awesome commercial about fighting the system and not conforming to the expectation of society.
    so now like a good hero that didn't die young
    they became what they vow to destroy, the system, the symbol of conformity

cutiebinkie likes this.
  7. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just the brand image. It's all about marketing. It's similar to Supreme products.

asriu, Napelynn, Donutmindme and 4 others like this.
  8. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    People, in general, are stupid. On top of that, the IQ of a group is significantly less than that of the average individual. And finally because it's shiny.

Napelynn, Jojo775 and cutiebinkie like this.
  9. blazingseraph

blazingseraph Professional GL Connoisseur

Reading List:
    Link
    It's cause it's "The Brand" phone you want to show off to people. It doesn't even necessarily have to be the "best" product, but because of it's brand and how it's marketed, people just think that's the phone they should get to be cool. I've literally had friends laugh at the fact that I use Android despite my model being better than theirs just cause it wasn't an iPhone. People who do that generally don't know the specifics of their model and just get it cause it's an iPhone.

10. Blitz

Blitz ⛈️ awakened from the reverie❄️

Reading List:
    Link
    Brand image. It's now seen as a status symbol and such to some people

11. Fp401

Fp401 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's see besides from what the others have said
    1. They started the form factor and all
    2. They made a name for themselves and their brand.
    3. They still improve phones in general best example is when they upgraded their phone screens from 30 fps to 60.
    4. They say its more secure but its really just because less people use them so no one bothers making viruses for it. Also no one games on mac.
    Finally my message to anyone keep your devices clean of junk I know a few people that tend to just clutter their devices with start up apps and all sorts of shit. So before you start complaining that your device is slow how about cleaning it up first. No matter how good a device is it won't matter if its filled with junk.

Donutmindme and cutiebinkie like this.
  12. Little Potato

Little Potato Sexiest Potato Alive [SpaceBar's Master]

Reading List:
    Link
    A status of wealth. Anyone who uses a macbook in our uni is considered rich. Same goes for those who use the latest iphone.

13. UnGrave

UnGrave ななひ~^^

Reading List:
    Link
    As with most things, it's complicated.

My hottest take on it is that it's because apple designs it's products so you have to buy axillary apple products, and then it's users can't really use any products from other companies since they don't mesh very well. Personally I don't like apple products because of the lack of freedom they have, but if I were being fully honest the only real way to win in the modern tech industry is to have equipment of all types so you can properly handle all files and programs. Maybe when I'm rich some day...

Halcyon Observer, mir and cutiebinkie like this.
  14. Zeusomega

Zeusomega M.D of Olympus Pvt Ltd. Seeking [Boltzmann brain]

Reading List:
    Link
    Duh they are IPhones...

It reeks of exclusive and elite ness

Ps- yes sarcastic :blobpeek:

Fulminata and cutiebinkie like this.
  15. Melsh

Melsh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Samsung supremacy :blobhyperthink:

cutiebinkie likes this.
  16. ongoingwhy

ongoingwhy Meat Pie Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    They're easily influenced by brand names and other people's opinion.

cutiebinkie likes this.
  17. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Superb Marketing

cutiebinkie likes this.
  18. Molen

Molen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, it is because android is a piece of crap, my samsung phone has alot of bloatware that can only be deleted if you root the OS (honestly, why do you even need to root android to delete an app, there is a reason why alot of people move to android to have more freedom in their os customization withouth jailbreaking their ios). Even the google play store application always crashed on me when i tried to update an app. android tend to be outdated (its os and software) faster than iphone. the only reason i even use android is because my iphone 5s battery is dead.

There is also the stupid thing about sd card, I cannot install an app into the sd card or even use it to store musics or photos. why even bother including sd card slot in the phone.

that doesnt mean iphone is perfect, it is overpriced piece of outdated trash hardware that designed to be replaced instead of fixed, but most android phone has the same usage expetancy as iphone too, and old iphone tend to be more usable than old android phone

cutiebinkie likes this.
  19. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the brand is known for being high-quality, and people usually associate "More expensive = better", so many that don't know better end up thinking apple products are the best ones because they're the most expensive ones.

There is also a thing of customer investment. Once you're used to products from a given brand, it's pretty rare for people to be willing to change. Of course there are exceptions, but brand loyalty is ridiculously common, so... If someone happened to buy an apple product 10 years ago, it's quite possible they still use apple solely because they're already used to it.
    Huh? I have an android phone and all my pictures and songs are in my SD card...

Also, a fair bit of apps (not all) can be transferred from the phone's storage to the SD cards. You can't download them directly to the SD card, I believe, but you can use a built-in function to move most of their data to the SD card to free up space from your phone (unless the app is like... a few GB large, in that case the program crashes mid-transfer, or at least that's what happens with my 7-years old phone).

I dunno, seems like there is some issue with your phone, because I can assure you that android allows you to use your SD card properly.

Blackflames123 and cutiebinkie like this.
  20. Daria_00

Daria_00 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Me being IT, I would say its OS is really well made. IOS user very much end user friendly, everyone will be able to use it without difficulty. Even for App store, it's strictly managed by Apply itself which on the other hand Play Store is open source, you can find shady apps in there.
    Wouldn't say whether Android or IOS is good or bad, IOS is very easy to use, has a good design. Android is more unrestricted, gives more freedom. This is just my personal opinion tho.

cutiebinkie likes this.