Discussion How rating affect you

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by De Lan, Apr 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. aShinyVaporeon

aShinyVaporeon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Usually I don't read novels under 3 stars unless the novel sounds really interesting. But I usually read at least three reviews if I'm seriously contemplating trying it out, and usually novels with low star ratings have pretty scathing 1- or 2-star reviews, and I won't try it if those reviews make good points (sometimes people get oversensitive about nationalism and will rate very low because of it).
    I also usually read at least 5 chapters before dropping it, too. Most novels above 4 stars are good reads, but I've seen not very good ones between 4 and 4.5 stars.

2. Jevanka926

Jevanka926 Grumpy and Awkward <3

Reading List:
    Link
    Not really. What makes me read a book other than the rating, are the synopsis and the first chapter. Tbh, I always try to check the spoilers too (which is why I check the reviews most of the times)

3. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't even remember where to find the ratings in the novel page tbh... >.>

I pay 0 attention to them.

4. FIEND

FIEND i eat crayons

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont read it at all if its less than 3.5 on here

5. Lissi

Lissi 『Queen of Lissidom』『Holy Chibi』『Western Birdy』『⚓』

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't read below 3 stars usually~ And I go read the reviews (the ones with spoilers :sweating_profusely:) if I feel really unsure about the novel.

But for me, it's more about figuring out if a novel fits the right genre and language :cookie: