Question Is ATG Good novel?

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by Agroofacti, Dec 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ddraig

Ddraig Frostfire Dragon|Retired lurker|FFF|Loved by RNG

Reading List:
    Link
    Decent-ish for like 100 chps and that nosedives in quality. Read it only if you are looking for wn equivalent of fast food.

2. theweebbecomesme

theweebbecomesme Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    anyone know whats happening with the novel right now? New chapters slowed to about 1 or 2 chapters a month, and its not the translators' fault

3. Voracious_Cachinnations

Voracious_Cachinnations Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Barely a coherent story. It's somewhere between an otome and trash.

4. alexaben

alexaben New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It relies upon how you read it. At the point when you arrive at the first run through the publicity sort of covers any glaring defects... Yet, the subsequent you make a stride back there are a great deal of issues. I quit perusing it quite a while past and from what I've heard it hasn't improved from the point I halted so I surmise my answer would be no.

scribbledoutname likes this.
  5. scribbledoutname

scribbledoutname Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The haters are all gonna say the story is trash... and they're RIGHT

Jk

It starts great, gets better, and then the story quality starts to yoyo. Sometimes it sucks, sometimes it's great. If you don't love harems (and I personally don't) then it's basically just a C+~B- tier xuanhuan series that got a head start (its beginning is A tier). Good enough to be worth reading, but bad enough that if you drop it for any reason it might take you a while to care enough to pick it back up

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
  6. GreyPancake

GreyPancake Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You want a good novel? Read WMW that's a good read.Atg is like a shooting star.Everyone has read it and everyone will see it go away like nothing.Good at the start but gets so bad later on.At this point the community just view the progression as 'I wonder how bad its gonna get from this point' and believe me it gets bad.Dk why ppl even bother with mentioning it.Number if chapters I suppose.

7. niallire

niallire New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i liked this novel dropped in last arc
    heard it's been adapted any idea where i could find it

8. sleib

sleib Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait you have not read The Coiling Dragon? Altho ATG is not bad, Fuk ATG and read Coiling Dragon first.

9. Wakashii

Wakashii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The world in ATG is great, the greatest problem is the harem.... If u can withstand with that bullshit, then you just have to overcome how the author nerfed the MC's cultivation speed, because he was ridiculous op, fightning against ppl that had waaaaay more realms than him. Even so, in my opinion, ATG would be absolute great without the harem, sadly, I couldn't endure...

10. k1llsh0t_87

k1llsh0t_87 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My personal opinion is it really depends on how deep into the xianxia genre you are because it was my second xianxia and I absolutely loved it however I recently went back to reread it and I realized its pretty trash because mc cultivates waaaaaaaay too quickly I mean he is only in his 30s but he is already the strongest in the current world, the cultivation isn't really fleshed out or anything its just a very simple cultivation system with nothing special nor is there even any comprehension, mc started off somewhat smart but just devolved into a meathead that only knows that he needs a heavier sword if he isn't strong enough, he gets a new harem member and forgets the old basically every single time he gets stronger, while I personally don't mind it I know some people hate rape which he did, he acts like he cares so much about relationships but he just fucks everyone close to him over, so overall I don't really have anything good to say about it but it holds a special place in my heart due to it being what really got me into the genre since I didn't know TDG was xianxia when I read it

11. Mitlar

Mitlar New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah but it becomes repetitive for like 200 chapters in the middle and at the end it starts to pick up greatly

he raped one person to save them and the other one was because of some horny medicine right?

12. Nyx Abendroth

Nyx Abendroth Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think so... but the novel is too long to read already.

13. 69 others

69 others Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's one of the first novels I read, so my review might be a bit biased.
    The first few hundred chapters are quite good, but then the quality consistently goes down.
    But after
    Xia Qingyue destroys Blue Pole Star
    chapter 1500 ish, the writing quality goes back up.
    Also, Mars has started uploading daily chapters again.
    Unfortunately, another loli is has appeared, and sitting through 1000+ chapters of bad writing hurts, so maybe don't read it.

14. Joanita

Joanita Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also like the beginning. I enjoy it, but it is repetitive though...

15. AkhiMertail

AkhiMertail New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm kinda addicted to ATG novel to the point I check for Raws every day. I truly love the world, MC, female leads, and the genuine romance in it. Heck I find myself caring about MC interactions with them more than anything else.

I'm looking for something on the same level of quality, I have been trying to find a novel that can release ATG itch but failed so far. The second best I read so far is jewel change.

16. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Despise copying Douluo Dalu starting theme, the very first chapters are really really good.

before he fix his damaged vessels

after that the novel is a downhill.

MC is a bit retard (or author is and think MC is cool), some decisions he take are absurd and illogical and the narrative will try to sell them as smart.

when MC alone and without backing provoke a power much beyond his capacity because “hard enemies make you strong faster”. He literally broke the 4 wall and sell the bad clichê used in many novels, including ATG

The main point however, is INCONERENCE, this novel narrative is totally messed up

MC has a problem with a huge faction, they kidnapp his cousin and uncle, both are treated very well in fact, as the young master enemy kinda of fall in love with MC cousin.
    MC answer is to kill the entire faction, not only the cultivators or ppl that resist, but everyone, babies, old mans without cultivation, servants, everything.
    Evil MC then? I’m ok with it if MC personality was trully evil - as reverend insanity or warlock of the magus world - but no, MC think he’s the example of a good person and, worst, the world too think the same! Ppl didn’t get afraid of him, or respect him for his power after the event, but condone the destroyed power as an evil clan that deserve it (not for fear but by conviction).
    One of the most bullshit scenes i ever read.

Overall, this novel is a 4/10. Good environment description, good system, i really like the special cultivation used by MC, but to read ATG tour bullshit tolerance must be huge.

Last edited: May 31, 2021
  17. shyja

shyja 『Seinen』『School life』『Sports』

Reading List:
    Link
    nothings a good novel nowadays, with ppl so nitpicky and some even rating down novels brainlessly

18. Shut it

Shut it Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of the best harem novel out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.