Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. hoangmai331

hoangmai331 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh pls, give me spoiler before i drop this, first if he alr marriaged her he should be responsible to make her happy, not throw her aside after he got what he want (title), and if she has problem from mental, i think mostly from his attitude toward her so after birth she got mental problem. I hate when she come back to him after many bad things he did...
    Well what happen if she is the one who is cruel???? She become villainess, however by novel theory the guy cant be a villain even he did many trash things, but the female lead always become villain after she made mistakes =.= i deny to understand

She returned in time she alr pregnant, so nothing she can change, only divorce now is better but then she has no money and her son cant be the heir, so she decided to make contract to not has any contact with ml and live peacefully with her child

2. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    she didn’t marry him again
    she returned to the time where she was already pregnant. And it seems like she doesn’t care about the husband, her only concern is to make her son inherit the title and be recognized as an heir, because she thinks the husband might bring in the mistress again and maybe even have kids with her, so she’s drawing the line there saying she doesn’t care about her husband’s personal life, but he has to sign a contract where she has all the authority as a duchess and her child is the only one to inherit the title. From what I understand she can’t divorce for the same reason, it will leave her child with limited chances to what she thinks is rightfully his (because he’s a firstborn from the official marriage between two powerful families, so any other kid won’t be as legitimate as El)

syofiaa, donaiseiyuu, DOHere and 65 others like this.
  3. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the fact the synopsis says that he cries when she asks for a divorce that throws me off. So did he really love her? Did her traumatic past cause her to be mentally unstable in this relationship? Does the trash ex-fiance use this to her advantage and poison the ML with her words causing more and more misunderstandings? 5 chapters in and I'm already pulling my hair out

4. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Father is another trash in the story. Her mother died due to a carriage accident. Her mom, bro and MC were in the carriage and her mom died protecting her bro and MC. And I think maybe bro lost one hand. Her father blamed MC for his wife's death and started cursing her. Her grandfather was the only one who loved her. I think she started living with her grandfather after the accident. And after her grandpa died and father became the duke, he returned from the capital. MC goes to see him expecting that he would have missed her. But this trash throws something at her which hurts her forehead and it starts bleeding. Trash scolds her and tells her to never show her face to him again.

5. LazuliBean

LazuliBean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's absolutely no reason why the ex fiancé should have been taking care of the child. The ML is trash for doing that. Not mention the ex fiancé probably hates the MC so poisoned the kids mind against his mom, who never got to be with her son.

6. yserieh

yserieh Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    OR, he could have hired a PROFESSIONAL like a Nanny, like most nobles do. Bringing in his ex is beyond shady. That alone is grounds to kick him to the curb. Your wife is sick, you don't help her, you bring in your ex, and leave your baby with the ex... Who has great reasons to make sure the kid is dead or damaged. Yet another brain dead trash ML who gets to redeem himself through her pain I guess?

syofiaa, Ice_Rose, millaauri and 37 others like this.
  7. Hibern

Hibern Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well another trash ML. Lost hope continuing reading the Manhwa adaptation. Ruve 2.0 again. He's an epitome of garbage husband

8. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    and again ML trash in this story, hmm

9. EmpressNeveah

EmpressNeveah Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait so this novel/manhwa is angst story? If so, I definetely gonna drop this

10. jimia

jimia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where did u see that?

where did u see that?

Nefroza likes this.
  11. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Esmerid, Shey_04, skai.ya and 4 others like this.
  12. Screamletter

Screamletter Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry i dont get it
    Whats the reason ML hate mc?

13. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC thinks that it’s because
    his engagement was broken off. When she fell in love with him, she begged her father to make a deal with him where father supports ML to become a duke instead of his older siblings, and ML marries MC for that (which looks like a plot hole, because the trash father wouldn’t move a finger for his daughter whom he hated so much, so there’s something for him to gain there too). At that moment ML either was in a relationship or was engaged to the black haired lady from the 1st chapter in manhwa, so MC thinks he hates her because his love life was disturbed and he was made to marry her. But it’s MC’s pov, we don’t know what was the real reason. For me it looked like he approached her with some ulterior motive. I can’t wait to see his pov really.

14. Hypothon

Hypothon Semi-known disqus/NUF smut/shoujo commenter.

Reading List:
    Link
    So, judging from the new comments, (disappointed no new infos), guess the majority agree with the earlier comments and first impressions.
    The new thing I realized or just forgot was MC being mentally unstable, so we might get an unreliable narrator scenario. Haven't read the manhwa unless the comments here become a bit more positive (aka get ML's hopefully semi-understandable reasoning). Honestly, everyone has a point, father is sketchy for allowing his neglected daughter to marry so ofc he might've benefitted in some way that only ML knows, so most likely misunderstanding #2 thinking other than having himself be forced to marry MC, sc*m dad has him on a probable leash (#1 is obv MC thinking she ruined his chances of marrying the love of his life but judging from MCs pov in the novel that I remember, her feelings are understandable given that the servants themselves don't treat her right, the man she thought would save her also hates her and instead of bringing a nanny for their baby brought his ex without discussion to her, not considering said ex would most likely harm said child the moment they have a child of their own. The discussion is right though given that MC is mental, she's not fit to care for her child but they're a freakin' DUCHY! Hire the best or 2nd best nanny for cripes sake!)
    Still... a part of me believes sc*m dad just wanted MC out of his hair, better to be someone else's problem than his. And given how much he despises her despite I assume her brother on the road to recovery (and again, got the title in the end) last I read this, its not far off for sc*m dad to make her life miserable by saying terrible things to the man she apparently loves and make her miserable by another man (basically, if I lost the love of my life, you don't deserve to be happy. Cr*ppy reason but again, this might be our explanation. Plus, given hubby must think MC was interested with him but might've been told something sh*tty, her losing or having no interest would make him question what he heard and viola, start of 2nd TL redemption)

15. Akki19

Akki19 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hate ML , he separated FL and her son.I don't care whatever the reason is . She should divorce him.
    ML and that black hair bich can go to hell.

16. SamSam

SamSam class' ...pas class' !

Reading List:
    Link
    nobility didnt raise their children;
    poor woman, trapped between a useless father and a shitty husband ; EQ of a mollusk, no comm, no respect, free drama...:blob_catflip:
    it smells of "originality" with a scenario repeated over and over again ; Let's see...I would like to read her divorce :blobowoevil_horns:

Angelai, syofiaa, Rin Lee and 12 others like this.
  17. chiri.ru

chiri.ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will this be frustrating to read? I'm fine with the angst but ONLY IF the trash gets what they deserve, in a viable amount of time. I dropped a few manhwas because it took too long. I want the MC to be happy no matter what misunderstandings there were, its probably caused by someone anyways :blobpopcorn_two:

Thank you for the spoilers!:aww::blob_plusone:

18. Desperate

Desperate Desperate for spoilers <( °-° )>

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm gonna drop this. I'm so disappointed. No matter what the ml's reason is doesn't justify everything he has done. And the fact that she still ends up with him.. wtf. This is like abandoned empress 2.0

Like he is the lowest to the lowest. He didn't bother helping the fl, gave HER child to his ex and just let her suffer alone. I understand taking the child from her to keep the kid safe, but seriously?? Why tf would you give your wife's child to your ex?? Where did his common sense go or did he just not care at all. He's the same as everyone who blamed the mc. He's probably the lowest of them all. I understand being upset of being married of to someone else resulting in your love life to break apart but my dude.. you chose that. You chose the title. If you really love your lover, then fucking stick with her. But no, you wanted to have the chance to take over your family. It's your decision. So you blaming the fl for having your love life ruined is bullshit. He's a scum no matter what the reasons are. Ughhhh, I'm so disappointed.

19. SamSam

SamSam class' ...pas class' !

Reading List:
    Link
    I had a look at the raws too; we wont wait for 60 chapters or more of suffering and humiliation:
    she seems to have magical powers and fight to keep her child without the mollusk!
    :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone: some spoilers ?

20. Chunin

Chunin Depressed Lemon

Reading List:
    Link
    Rough summary 6 - 10

FL made a contract with a water spirit and is taking hold of her position as duchess. She is doing her duties & fires all the servants. She gets notification that some village or city is engulfed in flames. She goes there and with her water spirit makes rain fall down and save the civilians. She uses the power too much it causes her to go into labor (ML catches her and brings her home) and she gives birth. ML was actually pacing back and forth between the bedroom during labour and once he heard the cry and he barged in the room, picked up the baby and plopped him on her lap. She actually can hold the baby and she loves him very much. The spirit does too. From what I see it looks like he can see the water spirit and he likes her too.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2021