Movie Need reccommedations for mind blowing movies

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by SoulZer0, Apr 13, 2021.

1. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    anything like tenet, instellar, inception, a space oddyesy etc

userunfriendly likes this.
  2. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really enjoyed The Illusionist or Now You See Me. if you want a really good and super unknown movie, and don't mind foreign movies, try Who Am I: No System Is Safe. it's a german thriller about a hacker group, and it really blew my mind at the end.

TXHY and Harry like this.
  3. lehur

lehur ぼく愛エリス

Reading List:
    Link
    Now you see me

TXHY likes this.
  4. TXHY

TXHY Normal Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Searching. I really like the movie concept, and the twist too. Oh and I enjoy the end credit soundtrack too, really fit the movie's nuance

5. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    For me, the movie "her" was quite mind-blowing with the premise and execution of the concept. It's about human-AI relationship.
    Next one was my favourite when I was a kid. It's about a magic toy store with a guy who went to work there and didn't believe in magic. Mr magoriums wonder emporium
    As good as it gets - a jack Nicholson movie. Nothing too fantastic but it was a lovely story and I still remember it being good despite the dozens upon dozens of other movies I watched
    Rain man - likely you've seen it but still, just in case
    Being John mackovich - a crazy movie but I liked it. Not exactly mind-blowing but certainly memorable

Bad Storm and endel like this.
  6. SoulZer0

SoulZer0 Heaven Refining

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks everyone.

7. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shawshank Redemption - the whole movie after Andy arrives to prison right until the end.

Big Trouble in Little China - I heard nothing about the movie before seeing it. Which is the best state of mind since it's a very good craziness of 80's deal. Watched it 4 times so far, never bored even knowing every bit.

Princess Bride - it's the kind of good parody the ridiculous romantic action vaguely 18th century random expy European country movies don't deserve, but still got. Especially since apparently it has nifty details like the fencing moves they call out in one of the movie's duels being from actual famous manuals for fencing.

Oh shit, the last isn't "mindblowing". Still leaving it if you like parodies.

8. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Platform (netflix). It isn't as much mind blowing as as it's more to social commentaries and shock factor, but it's still pretty good.

Since you like interstellar, have you watched prometheus?

gtreed and Bad Storm like this.
  9. NodiX

NodiX Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you tried Memento? That is a career-defining movie with superb twist that rocketed Christoper Nolan to the top-tier director seat.
    Other movies that also delight Nolan's fans with mindblowing endings were Shawshank Redemption, The Usual Suspect, Se7en, Fight Club, Pulp Fiction, etc.

As for the closest movie for Space Odyssey I'd recommend Stalker (a 1979 Russian movie), though I wouldn't say it was mindblowing, I still think it as poetic and thought-provoking enough to be comparable with Kubrick's Odyssey.

10. nananaem

nananaem Member

Reading List:
    Link
    have you watched LUCY? it's so damn good and I still obsessed with the movie. also bad genius, a thai movie about cheating in exam..

11. gtreed

gtreed Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The Prestige is a good one. It's worth a second watch as well because you pick up on new things that you missed the first time around.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  12. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark City.
    A.I.
    That’s all off the top of my head. I have a bad habit of looking up movies with Wikipedia.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

13. Nana24

Nana24 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's not about interstellar, it's about war.
    The Eight Hundred
    It's about the Second-Sino Japanese War.
    I cried about this, especially the part of raising the national flag. Because seeing that, makes me admire the soldiers and feels touching.:blobsneeze:

14. softgel

softgel New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I honestly don't think I've ever watched a movie better than now you see me. It may be because I'm very interested in card tricks and magic as a whole.