Music to abuse your keyboard to

Discussion in 'Author Discussions' started by The Mighty Snow, Apr 13, 2021.

1. The Mighty Snow

The Mighty Snow Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, Jordan Rudess just dropped this absolute banger of a symphonic metal album, and I got really inspired to write some epic fantasy battles while listening to it. But, and here's the problem: my characters aren't fighting all the time. Kind of hard to listen to something so intense when my characters are supposed to be relaxing after a tough battle. So I was wondering if you guys had any favorite albums/playlists that you listen to while writing. I'm open to really any genre and theme, so please share anything that makes your skin tingle with anticipation!

Also, if you have a song that takes you somewhere really specific, like the scene of a story you've written, then please tell about that as well. I've read a couple works where the author, translator or editor drops titles to songs that fit with the theme of the chapter, and I've always liked how they add to the immersion!

2. endel

endel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    hmmm, i normally can't listen to songs with lyrics while writing bc anything with lyrics will distract me. so while writing I normally just listen to instrumental pieces. (like anything by Eternal Eclipse on youtube, so good)
    For pure inspiration for writing I usually go for AJR or Autoheart, both are great for a nice nostalgic or sad mood haha

aintg, Saphychan and The Mighty Snow like this.
  3. Anra7777

Anra7777 All powerful magic grammar hamster queen pirate.

Reading List:
    Link
    “Dearly Beloved” has sometimes helped me with writing my Kingdom Hearts fics. Erutan’s “The Willow Maid” helped inspire me to write one... which I need to finish... :notlikeblob:

4. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Instrumental music makes me restless for some unfathomable reason so I don't listen to them normally. My jam is mainly Japanese and vocaloid, so I stick to that. One song that I keep associating with one scene is Uminaoshi by Maretu which I listened to while writing about murder. That song sounds like madness, it brings such chaotic thoughts to the forefront so it's my go to song when I need to frenzy write.
    But I mainly write sad-themed shorts so I usually loop one song that fits the theme of what I'm writing. I also have one or two playlists of sad songs that I keep on repeat, thankfully even after a long time I'm still not tired of that playlist, hopefully I never will because it's a pretty hard task to find vocaloid songs that sounded sad

The Mighty Snow likes this.
  5. wantek

wantek Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    senbonzakura, iirc hatsune miku sings that
    to zanarkand FFX
    sis puella magica