I will write an novel but I need a theory about a creator of a device.

Discussion in 'Novel General' started by Anvis, Apr 13, 2021.

?

Yes

Poll closed May 1, 2021.
  1. Nd

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Ned

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anvis

Anvis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi I will write a novel but I can’t because I will write about a boy that has a device that gives him what everything he want or desires with if it is impossible and it has no limit but I want a theory a but who created the device.

Please tell me theories.

Deleted member 332070 likes this.
  2. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    A crazy god created it using the bodies and souls of his immortal children

Deleted member 332070 likes this.
  3. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You, the author, created it.

You could include some kinda funny cut-scene where you show some inept author (you know who) labouring over his writing— the same novel being unravelled real-time— while blaming God for his lack of success, not realizing in the slightest that he is the God in his fictional world, and then shift back to the main plot in a kind of metafiction.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  4. Robbini

Robbini Logical? Illogical? Random? Or Just Unique?

Reading List:
    Link
    Random interstellar item of a higher civilization , lost into a black hole then eventually arrived there.

5. Almaa

Almaa The Fool

Reading List:
    Link
    The boy created that device himself on another timeline, in a previous life or something like this

endel likes this.
  6. Greater thunder

Greater thunder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Creator of boy's world left it on for unknown reason.

Precursor race destroyed themselves using more its kind, and its the only such left ( opens options of more actually being left or faulty versions landing in other people's hands).

Just come up with whatever.

7. DiabolicGod

DiabolicGod Well-known lazy Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The device is the anchor of an artificial world, which the MC is in. The world started out as a virtual world inside another, but due to unknown reasons the other worled ceased existing, leaving only the object and its world, into which the object also retreated.

8. LastEnD

LastEnD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The creator of the device is a demon god

9. Anvis

Anvis Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am thing of the god of wishes created with his soul and his body and it has no Conscience.
    Please give me more theories.

10. JIKI

JIKI Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    device is doraemon: his descendants gave it their loser ancestor to so he can be successful and descendants don't have to suffer.

device is a relic of an advanced ancient civilization that destroyed itself because technology breeds war, or fought an advanced alien race that migrated to earth but died out because environment wasn't suitable for them.

the world's greatest scientist who unfortunately passed away before he could use it.

device is like megasXLR or omnitrix (ben ten) : it's supposed to the universe's most powerful weapon, and galactic conquerors are after it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2021
  11. Raven Evernight

Raven Evernight But they never just accepted me for the way I was…

Reading List:
    Link
    How about no one created it it created everything

12. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The device was made by mistake.

A researcher was trying to make a device to produce water to help alleviate a drought, and accidentally got a few specifications wrong with a couple internal alchemy components resulting in a device with much wider applications, but this was not discovered until long after the creator had dies taking everything he did with him.

13. Reack

Reack Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The device is destined to restart the world / universe, but it was not yet its time since someone was looking for it to become the god and caused its hasty appearance and fell into the hands of the protagonist. The device was created by the primordial god and he left it to save creation in its expiration time and something like that.

14. powwder

powwder Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1). In the past there was this super advanced civilization and their magnum opus was a device that could grant any wish. At the completion of the device something went horribly wrong and the civilization was destroyed in one night. The device survived but was damaged and lost almost all it’s power. The novel is about fixing the device and as he fixes it it gets more powerful

2) it’s a monkey paw sort of thing. The device grants wishes but he suffers an equally messed up side effect. The side effect could be funny or serious depending on how powerful the wish is. Like he’s lost in the desert and wishes for water but he gets a bottle of the worst tasting water in existence.

3) each wish requires a sacrifice. Every time he makes a wish he losses random memories. The more powerful the wish the more important the memory.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  15. Jeebus

Jeebus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's an interesting question, but you need to give a bit more info about what you're trying to write. The answer to your question depends on the genre, tone, setting, and characters.

What's the setting for the novel? Where and when does it take place? If it's a futuristic setting, the origin of the device would likely be different from a more traditional ancient eastern setting.

What's the tone of the novel? Is it a dark fantasy, or will your novel be more lighthearted?

What's the genre of the novel? Is it sci-fi, fantasy, cultivation, or something else?

Also, the characters. Is the MC a buffoon who bumbles his way though things, an average person thrown into a world beyond his imaginings, a genius who can do no wrong, or something else entirely?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.