Discussion Favorite Greek Myth and God

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by opath422, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Suijin

Suijin Blood God [Medic]

Reading List:
    Link
    I still even now worship Gaia in a sense. so Gaia.
    fuck the infidel children.

albeldayuia likes this.
  2. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I used to love the greek stories as a child (although those were heavily edited). I suppose I should brush up on the subject. Probably poseidon if i had to pick one, though I like quite a few of them, but definitely not for his personality or actions. Just because I love the ocean and I envy his dominion over it

opath422 and DemWafflz like this.
  3. Hacalyhd

Hacalyhd Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In Hera's defense:
    She is the goddess of marriage and has to see her husband breaking said bond with every girl he sees. Given that she can't punish him, since he's too strong, punishing the girls and making sure it is known will hopefully deter many from her husbands advances.
    In short, she is an unhappy woman with severe PTSD and a trigger-happy husband who owns a munition factory.
    Personally I like Hades and Persephone, mainly because they tend to stay out of whatever sh*t the other gods on Olympus are doing and just chill (or rather work) in their own realm.
    Most stories known about them is them either helping someone or being pissed at someone who wants to screw with them.

opath422 and lottocat like this.
  4. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess fuck Uranus as well? Considering that Gaia and Uranus are a couple. Until Gaia had Uranus castrated by Cronus.

5. IrregularPerson

IrregularPerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m a little into obscure myths and seeing how Hermès is already getting praise, then let me introduce: Erysichthon of Thessaly: a king who did a taboo, got cursed and became externally damned because of his insatiable hunger. You’ve heard of Medusa but did you know she has two sisters (they actually don’t have much lore, but I still think she was more unfortunate that she was still mortal among the three.) Lastly the Golden Fleece and Narcissus. Both good story elements just because they’re kind of both macguffins.

6. ramzawing

ramzawing 【The heretic】

Reading List:
    Link
    Hestia best goddess ever.

7. lygarx

lygarx Lazy Translator

Reading List:
    Link
    Zeus. Because without Zeus, there would be no mythology. He also shows the imperfections of man. Even gods make mistakes. It is quite humbling. Lessons to be learned here.

8. Harry

Harry Now you see me

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you sure you're not worship The Minor God Priapus, The popular figure of Roman erotic art?

9. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I def like Hades, but most of the women who Zeus takes a liking to end up in worse position thanks to him you would think he would at least give them some after care like making sure they don't land on Hera's crosshairs.

opath422 likes this.
  10. opath422

opath422 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    totally agree w you on the Zeus part but that doesn’t change the fact that he did kidnap her (he has his own brain) also Hestia and Chiron are definitely vibes

11. Bad Company

Bad Company Crossing the highways of fantasy

Reading List:
    Link
    Favorite god is Athena.
    Favorite myth is how Argus Panoptes (many-eyed giant) died.

12. natsume142

natsume142 だが、断る

Reading List:
    Link
    My fav is Orpheus and his story when he went to the underworld to retrive his wife back from Hades.. I like him coz he is one of people that actually loyal to the love of his life unlike Zeus.. I never like any god or goddess in the greek mythology, they are pretty psychotic hahaha

13. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    My kind of god. :blobpeek:

Myriadfold likes this.
  14. albeldayuia

albeldayuia Can't-Re Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was also at that phase a few years ago, now I've forgotten most of them, too bad. My favorite has always been Artemis, I think? Protector of young girls. Her story with Orion is so messed up, I read one version (adaptation?) that involves Apollo x Orion in it. But then all of Greek Mythology are messed up in various degrees. Greek gods are so immoral, I like Hestia because of this, she's so low-key and isn't involved in disorders unlike her fellows

15. Myriadfold

Myriadfold 『Silkmaid』『Ishhara's Devotee』『Daoist』『WW Vet.』

Reading List:
    Link
    not a fan of the greek gods. I do have a penchant for the titans and primordials however. Rhea ;)

16. melomarl

melomarl Burning Red

Reading List:
    Link
    My fave tales would be the myths of Daedalus & Icarus and the one about Pygmalion and Galatea. As for gods, hmmmm. I lack the fondness but I find Eris amusing.

albeldayuia likes this.
  17. MidstNost

MidstNost 【 Reigen's Saltshaker 】【 Lingtian Raider 】

Reading List:
    Link
    Dionysus
    -really said "screw toxic masculinity" in Bacchus
    -savage AF
    -Chaotic Neutral to the max, since he is dual in nature. Wine is both the giver of ecstacy and joy, as well as driving people to insanity and violence.
    -LGBT+ king
    -The most "human" god, and loves being with mortals.

opath422 likes this.
  18. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    When fair contest between Olympians and mortals occured and the mortals won, rather than accept the result most Olympians are spiteful and curse those people. What sore losers.

Hades is not exactly my favorite, he's kinda creepy but I do like his counterpart Pluto because he have many treasure. Now Zeus the Sky Dick, many stories happen because he can't control his pants, siring many bastard across the greece.

opath422 likes this.
  19. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    But no one has better sex as an animal than Zeus! Or as rain... Yeah, the man is weird

Athena - turned Medusa into a snake monster because the latter got violated by Poseidon in Athena's temple, later send a thug to kill Medusa
    Demeter - literally almost genocided all life on Earth off in a fit once

20. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Considering Demeter's instance of almost genociding all life on Earth, she's basically the Goddess of seasons to a degree but she's more related to agriculture. But she basically made it everlasting winter (You can almost say it was inspired by the ice age if the Greeks had any records of it). But yeah you can say it was a womanly fit in looking for her daughter Persephone, you could almost say she is too much of an overprotective mother.