LCD M E M O R I Z E

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by craBebe, Sep 23, 2016.

1. clo29

clo29 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not too mention better quality too lol

2. WanderingOakTree

WanderingOakTree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly I just want this novel fully translated lol. But with quality! I would prefer it to be Wuxiaworld since we'd at least expect a chapter a day and seeing Fudge's quality with SCOG I'd prefer it to be him. (Feel free to disagree if you really want to) But if this new translator would like to try I'd be more than welcome to say 'Go for it!'

3. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really liked SCOG, but after the way the author finished with some of the side stories as well as various things I've heard about MEMORIZE, I think I'll pass either way. Not a big fan of some genres and elements.

4. Chance

Chance Observer

Reading List:
    Link
    Then why are you in this thread?

MoYi and WanderingOakTree like this.
  5. clo29

clo29 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also, it's still early days to judge the quality of the new translators. Only when they go past the previously translated chapters, then it would make sense to see if they are good or not.

6. WanderingOakTree

WanderingOakTree Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lettuce find out then !

7. luckymorris

luckymorris Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, this new translation, as expected, died rather quickly. Still hoping that WW will translate it one day! I tried the manhwa version, not sure if it's the story or the adaptation, but it was meh.

Astaroth likes this.
  8. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know if someone already said this, but this novel seems cursed. I had been reading MEMORIZE from back when it was first being translated. I still remember posting my condolences after finding out the original translator was hurt. I don't think anyone else since then has been able to translate as many chapters as them before dropping it. :(

Magicwafflez, Arbalest and Astaroth like this.
  9. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    So apparently there's yet another group picking the novel up again: https://www.luminousscans.com/series/memorize-novel/

Translation is starting over from chapter 1 again, which might be a letdown to some, but there were really only intelligible chapters until about the 50 mark and having a consistent translation from start to finish is generally preferable so terminology doesn't randomly change. (Ofc that's assuming that they new translation group even get as far as 50 chapters in LOL)

Another plus is that they seem to also be translating the manwha, so I guess later down the line anyone who read the manwha before continuing onto the novel will have a pretty good experience...

Anyway, let's hope 3rd (more like 5th or 6th? Maybe even 7th) time's the charm :blobtaco:

10. Kii

Kii Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A fan of SCOG here, and was curious about reading Memorize since midway through SCOG.

Just noticed that luminous scans are the same people that are translating the webcomic version of this, and they have 24 chapters of the novel currently up. Is there a reason they aren’t showing the updates on NU? Or have they just not noticed?

11. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No clue, though the first 100 or so chapters of MEMORIZE are translated somewhere on the internet. I first read MEMORIZE years ago, when there were only 6-10 translated chapters out, so I'm unsure if those sites still exist.

12. gyan7

gyan7 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    One of my fav's so far. I wondered about that as well but no one is perfect, I suppose. I just put it on that.

13. blaze98

blaze98 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's more than 100 translated chapters in wuxiaworld website, but the quality's so-so.

14. Astaroth

Astaroth empty

Reading List:
    Link
    for the record that wuxiaworld website you're thinking of is an aggregator site that's not the actual wuxiaworld.com, wuxiaworld hasn't translated any MEMORIZE chapters—they're seemingly too busy with translating trash novels for some reason instead...

15. Thousandswords

Thousandswords SWORD OF PENETRATION

Reading List:
    Link
    A certain hobbyist just picked up Memorize. But, can he keep it up?

16. Kevin Park

Kevin Park Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought he said he doesn't want to continue because he can't earn the big buck in a short amount of time? He also said he pays for the chapters, which I'm confused about since you can get free chapters for Korean novels on kakaopage, a chapter per day for novels and a chapter per week for the manhwas (I believe). And he keeps saying he's just one guy, so it's not like he has to pay his translators right? So where exactly is he losing money? Is he talking about the opportunity cost of his time for translating the novels? (Sorry, don't know much about AsianHobbyist, so genuinely curious)

17. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wasn't Wuxiaworld supposed to translate this?

18. dereonlad

dereonlad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that they've gone legit with the licensing they can't rock the boat and upload non-licensed content. So there is some sort of hold up with the memorize licensing or the rights owner simply does not want an English release for whatever reason.

19. Not Red Yet

Not Red Yet Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Weird considering they translated the authors other novel The Second Coming of Gluttony

20. fdsgadfgdfgsdg

fdsgadfgdfgsdg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Was The Second Coming of Gluttony hosted on another provider?