Spoiler Under the oak tree

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Lovina, Dec 25, 2019.

1. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No problemo. As for the geth, i don't remember it being fulfilled even after their marriage. Afterall, Riftan's loyalty and honor is always given to his wife.:blobthinkingsmirk:

Aliali and Deleted member 310775 like this.
  2. bb897mP

bb897mP New Member

Reading List:
    Link

Thank you for the detail this sums it up!! I wonder if Maxi ever finds out that he intended to give her the knights honor, he keeps things soo hidden...I hope he eventually tells her everything!!!

Where is the Q&A? is there a link thanks!

Aliali and H-nim like this.
  3. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @bb897mP There is still a thick wall between them and they are really blurred out by the hurt they feel from each other. I hope they heal and find time to have a deep convo again. They had never talked about themselves since the incident of Maxi miscarrying their child. In reality, even not in the time period of the novel, they cannot have a settled family life because of their jobs. They both are considered "heroes" or perhaps "known personalities" and that really hinders them showing affection to each other especially for Riftan. This novel is written with intricate details and sometimes, I can't believe I am looking in the characters' perspectives. I got to give it to Kim Suji:aww:

4. eidyia

eidyia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    so I am on chapter 153 of pt 1 on ridibooks and googlechrome just quit translating on me. maybe because of the epub interface. can anyone help me with this? is there any other way to translate (for someone with no knowledge of the korean language whatsoever)?

SingSungPa likes this.
  5. starwberrylemon

starwberrylemon Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi Yall!

We have a small community on socials. I shared with them the NF Spoilers on Page 1 containing the table of contents. I told the members on our groups to create an account here and thank the people who contributed the MTL's.

Someone mentioned that NF are not accepting any members as of the moment and they are unable to create an account. If this is true, may I know the reason why?

Thank you,

Hi Y'all again ;):blobnosebleed::blobhug:

We have a small OAK community on socials, around ~1.2K members :aww::bloblove:. Some of them were unable to create an account here but members there just wanted to say "THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the effort you put into the MTL's, summary, thoughts, and table of contents":blobfistbumpL::blobfistbumpR: :blobsneeze:

Some of us bought the chapters on RiDi to support the author but GT translation doesn't make sense sometimes. I can't imagine how many times I scratch my head whenever I stop just to decipher the pronouns :blob_coughblood::blobconfused:. The spoilers here provide a better understanding.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN! BLESS U ALL

Miriammm2000, Aliali and H-nim like this.
  6. acm

acm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone!
    I have a little quetion for u ( it's about Maxi pregnancy).

Do we know how many months she was pregnant when she lost her baby?

I think she was 3/4 months pregnant but the English translation I've read is very poor and I'm not sure. I think she got pregnant during the journey to Livandon... could it be?

Aliali and H-nim like this.
  7. HappyGnome

HappyGnome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What an interesting question you have here.
    I'm pretty sure she was on her first trimester then, and as you said, she probably conceived during their journey to Livadon. Ruth said it would take 1 month to travel to Livadon. It's hard to say when she conceived the baby; Rainshower snunsu, or ship snusnu, stopover snusnu as it differs to the person when the symptoms shows.

Her symptoms were already apparent (nausea, no appetite etc.) when she was staying at the monastery but our dearest author cleverly hid these signs, portraying that Maxi was nervous and stressed for Riftan instead. When Riftan and Max had intercourse at Etylene Castle, he said ''It was tight'' and again, our dearest author hid this as ''it's been a while since they did it''

If she conceived the baby during their journey, then that's most probably one of the reasons why Riftan didn't want to have snusnu with her on book 2 during their expedition.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  8. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @acm @HappyGnome I was wondering and thought about this question too before. @HappyGnome is right about the timeline since they left from Anatol. I’ll try to add some argument to support this too.

Maxi is in her first trimester. They did it on their way to the port(under the rain scene) and in the ship couple of times. We can delete the fact of them doing it in Ethylene during the war since pregnancy would only be viable and be expelled by the body as a foreign object if it passed 8 weeks. Medically, if you say you are a month(4weeks) pregnant, it’s just really 2 weeks far along. Given in the fact stated in the novel, the war took months and Maxi was left in Levan. Let’s declare that it was 2-3 months since Riftan left and then the story of Maxi going after him added a month. IMO, she’s roughly 12-15weeks pregnant when she lost their child. Miscarriages that occur under this trimester is somewhat similar to what have been described by the author, blood gushing out and Maxi being in the state of paleness for a long time.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
  9. SingSungPa

SingSungPa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am having the same issue, it started this morning, I just finished reading part 1 and was moving on to Riftan's POV!
    Does anyone know if anything can be done about this, or if there are other ways to translate the chapters!

Much appreciated!

10. Tarnar

Tarnar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's mass issue, and it's randomly blocking chapters. I checked ridi with many different novels I'm reading right now and some of them are translated by chrome the same way as always, and some of them are pure Kor. I tried to refresh those specific chapters several times, but the only thing that worked with them was to close the chapter and open it again from fresh link on ridi. ANd for some reason this way worked with only few titles, OAK and several others I checked are only in Kor.

Aliali and SingSungPa like this.
  11. H-nim

H-nim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There has been an on and off automatic translation error happening in the past few days. Try using google translate from google chrome extension. I am not using a phone with ridi. You can always click the extension and it has an option to translate the whole page every time you read a new chapter.:blobpeek:

Aliali and SingSungPa like this.
  12. eidyia

eidyia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the responses!
    I wrote to Ridi, maybe if we all write via their 1:1 contact form, their support team will look into it?

I tried reloading, restarting, re-logging in.... I have been reading with chrome and there was no problem til yesterday morning. Reading with firefox and a translate extension it shows up that the chapter page is recognized as english (original: english) it is like they are no longer detecting the text within the interface.
    The alternative hack I have started using is making screenshots with my tablet and using papago image recognition translations, but they are even harder to understand than the google translations were/are, and the process is incredibly slow. If anyone comes up with a solution, please post!

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  13. SingSungPa

SingSungPa Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't tried with the extension, I was using the automatic page translation, but I will give a try ^^ Thanks

I have also found something that works, but only sometimes, it's very weird, and I don´t understand much of the issue so it makes it harder. If you are reading on chrome on pc try to copy and enter this: chrome://flags/#enable-reader-mode , enable it and it is supposed to start working. This also allows you to to copy the ridi texts from view > toggle reader mode.

But as I said, this only works for me sometimes, I have to keep disabling it and enabling it until the chapter page randomly translates.

I hope this helps, it isn't perfect but it is something.
    If anyone else has a better solution please let me know!

Does anyone know if this problem will remain or if they are working on it?

Any info is much appreciated ^^

Aliali and sweetaneng like this.
  14. sweetaneng

sweetaneng Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Samsung browser has their own translator add-on we can install. It works the same as chrome except that you'll need to manually activate it. Some fans also suggested the "website translate" feature on Papago which works really well. Hoping it's just a temporary bug in chrome. Not only for convenience, i find their mtl better than the rest. :cry:

Avery Very, SingSungPa and Aliali like this.
  15. NNK123

NNK123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone know how to change the language to English on the Ridi app on an iPhone? So that I can read the raw chapters

16. ayyk1205

ayyk1205 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you have to use google chrome for the translation extension~

17. HappyGnome

HappyGnome Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm pretty sure they do. I wouldn't be shock if they have any issues. Max had low self esteem. Riftan is afraid of being abandoned like his mother. Uslin is a clean freak. Hebaron alcoholic. I can list a lot, those are just summary. But that's what makes them great. Especially to further their character development.

18. NNK123

NNK123 New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hey, I have a question slightly confused is the cave snu snu scene after Maxi’s return from Hogwarts?

19. acm

acm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the cave scene is after her return so more or less 3 years where passed since the last time they where alone together. She comes back after 2 years and a half (I may remember wrong) because she has to do a special mission with other wizards outside the tower in order to go away before and return to Anatol (so after 3 years instead of 4)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  20. handulcet

handulcet New Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi! I would like to ask if the author is already back from their hiatus?