LCD Past Life Regressor!!! (official translation on Wuxiaworld)

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Jul 20, 2020.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapters are at

https://www.asianhobbyist.com/series/past-life-returner/

Nau is “now”. :ROFLMAO:

Free chapters are at 50. \:D/. He escapes the dungeon, though hurt and wounded. :oops:

Kazekun likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: “February 28th, 1985. The day I was born.” That seems a bit far. Personally, I wouldn't want go back any earlier than when I finished toilet training ;)

That said, its nice that the author explains why the MC chose to go back so far. Though, given the reason, I'd have gone a day earlier just to be sure I wouldn't arrive already born.

So, why is it that everyone doesn't get this achievement? Everyone is born, and therefore, everyone fulfills the requirements of the achievement. Is something being lost in translation here?

C2: Its nice that his family is right at the top of his list, and even ranks higher than gaining strength.

C3: I wonder what Be Healthy 2's requirement was, and why we weren't told.

Also curious where he'll keep the contents of those boxes if he opens them immediately (assuming they contain something physical, like weapons). Does he have a system inventory or something?

C4: It would be nice if he weren't gaining exactly what he asked for from each of the loot boxes. If he wants to gush about them after gaining the skills/stats, then that's fine, but saying "I'd like a million dollars" and then being given it, and having that happen twice in half a dozen paragraphs, just makes me want to drop the series.

C6: I figured there'd be a time skip at some point, but I wasn't expecting the MC to skip with us...

C7: The won has increased quite a bit in value since the days of LMS being translated. I remember it being an easy 1000 to 1 conversion to go from won to dollars back then. Well, either that or the dollar has plummeted.

It'd be nice if I actually understood exactly what those two were saying to each other. All I really got out of it was that it might have something to do with currency exchange rates and a major hedge fund manipulating the market.

C8: "If you would establish your own investment corporation, I’ll provide my investment proposal. I expect 51 percent of the corporation shares." He barely has any money. Why would Jonathan agree? Well, at this point anyway. Once the MC appears to be a prophet, it'll make more sense.

“I’m going to establish a new investment firm after leaving Wolf, and my contact address will not change. If you want an investment consultation…” lol. Talk about burning bridges XD

I wonder if the MC will help him (or anyone else for that matter) Awaken before Doomsday.

C9: I wonder if he invested any money on the baht falling. Even if he only kinda believed it, it would be worth investing a bit.

C11: It feels like this $280m bet ignores the butterfly effect entirely.

That aside, I think Jon might have a gambling problem ;)

C13: I wonder why they wouldn't be accused of insider trading. They gave the royal family 80 million not too long ago. It wouldn't be hard for someone to claim that they'd paid the royal family to make the announcement that earned the MC's compnay 60 billion.

Also curious how he'll give any of this money to his parents. It'd be hard to tell them even as much of the truth as Jon knows.

That aside, I wonder why he'd only buy one mountain with that much money. He could easily buy dozens if not hundreds of future dungeons.

C16: Huh. I was totally expecting that he was here looking for someone he knew from his past life. Honestly, if exercise and training were his goals, then wouldn't a martial arts gym be better? Boxing has a lot of constraints on what kinds of attacks and defenses you can use. Or is it just the brutality he's after?

I wonder why his stamina sucks so badly. I mean, I'm not expecting professional levels from it, but it should be way higher than 2.

C17: How is he planning to explain his injuries to his parents? Its not like anyone in his school would dare to bully him, much less be capable of doing so.

C18: Why would the US imprison them for life just for having a lot of shell companies? So far, everything they've done is totally legal. Ethically questionable at best, but totally legal.

C20: How is it embezzlement when they're just moving their own money around within their own, legally connected companies with the knowledge and consent of all shareholders? I get tax evasion, but embezzlement just doesn't make sense to me here.

That aside, its going to be a bit strange when this series finally gets around to being about dungeons ;)

C23: I wonder how they'll communicate after Jon becomes that famous. He'll definitely be followed everywhere he goes after all, and I'm sure there'll be plenty of attempts to hack his computers and bug his phones.

C24: lol. I love Emily's PoV, even if it also makes me feel quite sorry for her.

"It was an OBSCENE amount of money" If only she knew that this was just the side dish and not the main course ;)

I wonder why he needs so much money. Fifty billion is already enough to do almost anything.

C25: Honestly, if he's tanking the world's economy, then it seems like a great time to buy up a good chunk of it at bargain prices.

C26: See, now market manipulation I could totally see them going to prison for. Still not seeing embezzlement though.

Its too bad we didn't get another Emily PoV after this. It'd be interesting to see ;)

"They were Korean dungeons." Ah, so he's not limiting himself to just the one dungeon. Good. It really didn't make sense when I thought that he was.

C29: Who is he going to get to man all this security he's planning to put in place? Its all kind of pointless if there's no one there.

C32: Wouldn't having Jon come and say that Korea is a great investment, just drive up the prices?

C35: I wonder how he'll recruit her without creating problems for himself.

C36: "I could intervene only this far in her life, and the rest was up to her." Really? It seems like such a waste to let a healer go, especially if doing so might kill her.

C40: How are they going to write the contract such that he can't declare even a success as a failure? He's not given them nearly enough to definitively pinpoint anyone.

That aside, why did the author bring up Jessica like he was about to go recruit her, and then not do it?

C42: Its going to take him a very, very long time to grind his way up if he's planning to do this with every single dungeon.

Also, I wonder how he plans to explain how he managed to build these sites on top of the various dungeons once people start Awakening.

C43: I wonder why he chose his father. He's not nearly as close to him as he is to his mother.

C44: Ah, yes, he would have had a hard time explaining his mother suddenly having a tattoo.

“Bring them home one day with your school friends.” He's going to have to do something about this soon. His mom is really going to worry about him if she finds out that he doesn't actually have any friends his own age.

"I would not be able to find such people again." Then what's he planning to do for the next dungeon? Also, what about people who know the drunk's father? Won't they ask questions if they hear he's suddenly running a hospital?

That aside, I wonder if he'll enter his first dungeon before chapter 100.

C46: If he's so worried about going solo, then why didn't he gather people and form a team? If he's got decades to work with, then he could definitely find enough people and train them well enough to not be burdens.

"[Accumulated points: 92]" Also, if he's so worried, then why has he still not spent any of his points? Or are they strictly a currency for buying loot boxes?

Since he left his sheathe behind, how is he marking his map with only one hand? Or does he have to drop his sword on the ground every time he wants to update his map?

"the only place I could raise my stats was the dungeon for now." Can't he raise them through training? With the amount of money he has, he could easily hire professional martial artists to spar with him.

C47: Why would he not need to collect the magic stones? Even if he doesn't have a use for them at the moment, there's no harm in stockpiling them, nor any signficant cost in doing so. Heck, he could even get a head start on researching them if this is one of those stories where they have technological uses.

"Trying not to use my skill had been arrogance on my part, as I should have used it from the first room." Yeah, I was thinking the same, but figured he knew what he was doing until he nearly died.

C49: "while I was desperate for the Escape Insignia, the possibility was quite low." I really wish this had said "the possibility was quite high." It'd be less insulting to our intelligence. Honestly, with how often he was mentioning it there was only a .0000000000000000001% chance of it not being an Escape Insignia. This shitty writing right here is why I'm not bothered by all the financial stuff. At least that part is actually thought out and doesn't rely on egregious amounts of "luck."

userunfriendly likes this.
  3. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    C1: You’re right, a day after does seem safer. The requirements seem to be that you had to be self aware while in the womb, and awakened. Those are tough requirements.:eek:

C3: Unknown. Though I suspect that unaccepted boxes stay in system space...:rolleyes:

C4: A certain amount of plot armor is normal for a KR series.:p

C7: Every time currency is mentioned, I converted the Won of that year to 2021 Won, then to 2021 dollars. No, I’m not kidding. I fully adjusted for inflation.:D

C8: You’ll see. :p

C11: Yep, he kinda did. Certainly the back story mentioned later seems to indicate it.:rolleyes:

C13: It’s only insider trading if you get caught.:D

C16: He put the stat points he had into perception, remember?

C17: Awakened have regeneration. It takes a while, but even scars fade. This is mentioned in chapters coming up. Awakened women don’t even have to worry about skin care...:p

C18: They’re not paying the taxes for the bulk of their loot.:rolleyes:

C20: :D Don’t know. But the translator used the term, so I went with it. :p

C23: Email. A lot of Emails. You’ll see. The translator uses pointy brackets to indicate emails.;)

C24: I’m guessing that the eventual goals is complete control of the world economy. As to why that’s imperative, no idea. :eek:

C26: And his memory is not perfect. He obviously remembers Korean dungeons, and significant overseas dungeons. Also, in future chapters you’ll find out even if you know where they are, unless you’re working with landmarks, they’re damned hard to find.

C29: Not sure. Obviously he has no security right now, because he’s gonna enter soon. He doesn’t need witnesses for his current activities.

C35: You’ll see.:p

C40: Unknown. I really think this is just a Hail Mary pass. He doesn’t really expect success. It would be nice if they did, but he might have to take the First Evil out after the Day of Advent.:eek:

C42: He’s rank F, remember? And he’s entering a rank F dungeon. Horribly dangerous until he has the stats to be a full rank higher than the dungeon he enters. This is made clear later.

C43: He knows his father’s going to die. Also, he’s very close to his father too. This is made clear when he gets his first investment book...you’ll see. :D

C44: Honestly, he’s riffing.:p

C46: Yep, they’re currency for buying loot boxes. :eek:

C47: Unknown. Sorry. ;)

C49: Plot armor. Yep, :facepalm:

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C16: Yeah, but stats also go up from training and I don't believe that his stamina hasn't increased at all since he was a baby, even if he didn't train it at all (and he definitely has).

C17: Yeah, at this point, I still thought he'd be going home immediately after the beating, which would be too soon for him to be healed.

C18: Still totally legal. At least, I assume it is since so many companies blatantly do it and don't even bother to try to hide the fact that they're doing it. Heck, some even brag about it.

C24: Well, if that is the goal then I assume its because it would be roughly equivalent to world domination and would allow him to almost completely control how the apocalypse (and Awakening) are handled.

C43: Actually, it states in that very scene that he'd basically already saved his father via all the alterations he's made to the timeline.

5. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't know about the stamina. Unknown.

He probably hung around a video arcade wearing a hoodie. :ROFLMAO:

Not at all legal. It’s one of the things where everyone does it, but you’re not supposed to get caught doing it.

Yeah, I think that’s his goal too. The translator originally put Sun’s stated goal to Jonathan as “100 trillion dollars”. I edited it to 10 trillion dollars, because 100 trillion is greater than the GDP of the world. o_O

There’s an incredibly touching scene later which explains his attachment to his father. He obviously didn’t want to risk his father’s life. o_O

jacobpaige likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    The 100 trillion dollars may have been intentional. He may have just been saying that he wanted all the money in the world, and expecting Jon to assume that he just had limitless greed like every other person in the industry.

7. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Or he really is greedy...

jacobpaige likes this.
  8. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    As of the latest edited chapter, 63,
    his new worth is just under a quarter of a trillion USD. :eek::eek::eek:

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "would open dungeon boxes with hesitation." Pretty sure this is a typo. If not, then the rest of this paragraph makes no sense.

“It’s a skill. ‘Physical Healing.’” Of course it is. How could it be anything else? You'd be nearly useless to the MC without it.

I wonder if she gets skill xp for healing outside of a dungeon, assuming skill xp is a thing. If so, then she should spend some time at a hospital or something covertly healing people.

Also curious if Jon will ever decide to ignore the MC's unwillingness to answer and ask again anyway. Honestly, I think there's a decent chance he'd believe the MC, and he'd be more useful if he knew what their real goals were, and why.

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. Typo. Even I have typos. :facepalm::ROFLMAO:

Her Trait is empathic healing. I suspect there’s a certain predisposition for the boxes based on one’s trait, and certainly Sun’s box, in which he got (deleted) seems to bear that out. He does seem to get
    Stat boosting rewards, like his Trait. The Man Who Overcame Adversity is a stat boosting Trait after all.

She should. However, she has no medical training, or any certification as a nurse. Too great a chance to get caught. And given her personality, within 5 minutes of being hauled off to a police station, she’d be crying. :facepalm:

I know, right? Cladding his hand with electricity would certainly convince him. But Sun is right, the Day of Advent is decades away, and even her fellow awakened has been lied too. He probably does trust them both, but the implied backstory is he’s been betrayed before.:blobfearful::blobscream:

jacobpaige likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, I didn't mean as a nurse. I meant she should go to the ER as a hypochondriac or something and just heal people waiting to be seen. It didn't sound like she actually needed to touch people after all.

12. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, the author is obsessed with finance after all...certainly he spends a lot more time on them. The planning for dungeons does seem to be an afterthought.

Right now Sun has
    taken advantage of Russia’s Bankruptcy in 1998 to make a huge pile of money. :facepalm:

13. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    New chapters were delivered!
    Challenger box= S level skills, revival insignia.:eek:
    Gold box= Strength, usually a lot, S level skill points! (increases the skill level of S class skills)(y)
    Diamond box= does not give attribute/skill points if your level is too low. Gives B ranked items instead?:D
    Bronze box= attribute points
    Silver box= E class items, stat points, C? Class skill.

My deductions...attribute types have a hierarchy. Strength, arguably the most important to a Hunter, has a higher priority, thus requires higher level boxes to get. As it probably changes your physiology, this makes sense. Stamina seems to be low priority, so it seems to come out a lot, with bronze boxes. Hence Sun didn’t prioritize it during childhood. :eek: Same for agility. We now know why Sun did weight training or boxing, and skipped out on agility and stamina training. Strength seems to be the hardest to get, thus, the priority.

Also, the more skills you have, until 8 slots are filled, the harder it is to open a box to increase the skill level. It also is implied you can dump skills....:D

He now has an S class trait, the Man Who Overcame Adversity, Odin’s Wrath, and one more S class skill. \:D/. And a C or D class AOE skill. He’s still F ranked, though. He’s now properly OP.

One more thing...in the last unedited chapter, the Dot Com bubble is starting. Sun is probably going to make himself a trillion...:eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
  14. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Corrected typo, asked Wujigege to repost. :p

jacobpaige likes this.
  15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Wouldn't releasing that book filled with hot new financial theories severely alter future events in the financial markets?

Honestly, its getting to the point where I have to wonder why the author even included the dungeons. It doesn't feel like they have any interest in them, or armageddon or any of the rest of it. There's plenty of precedent for people with cheat systems dominating a field. I'm not sure why they felt the need to shoehorn in the end of the world.

16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    First of all, I think I made it clear what the author wrote. The book is cover for Sun’s cheating. He uses knowledge from the future. The book is simply a way for people to accept Sun’s and Jonathan’s impossible success. Teaching someone the rules of baseball, and some tips on hitting won’t make them Hank Aaron. With the book, people can say “they’re geniuses, who are brilliant theoretical economic theories, and are really lucky!”, instead of “their success is flat out impossible! What are they, from the future?!”

The upcoming dungeon chapter are awesome. I can only hope to do justice to the nail-biting action. Besides, we’re less than 8% in to the whole novel. Do give it a chance. :p:p:p

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    O, I know the book's purpose. I'm just saying that the effects would be greater than simply explaining their success. After all, the financial world doesn't lack people capable of using the tools they just gave them.

Honestly, I'd be totally fine without the dungeon sections at this point. I'm just hoping those sections don't drag down the quality of the rest of it. Unfortunately, the author's lack of interest in those sections has done exactly that more than once so far.

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    That’s a remarkable viewpoint , considering all the whining at the Mangadex forum about how people were cheated their dungeon sections with the missing season 2. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, he does go balls-to-the-walls for the dungeon, later. And at least one chapter,
    where he stabs himself
    to test out something for the dungeon...freaked me out. :eek::eek::eek:

jacobpaige likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    It probably helps that I'm totally fine with reading non-action stories ;)

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. I’m really enjoying both, myself. :D

jacobpaige likes this.