Spoiler The Lady Wants to Rest

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Gigz, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Veille

Veille Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I understand all of your frustrations my dear fellow readers but this is not a revenge story.

Her main goal is just to REST. that's all.

I get all of your frustrations because I am also frustrated that she just let them go and not kick their asses.

Thanks for the spoilers everyone :aww:

torte1315, Mi shiru, Laerta and 10 others like this.
  2. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I love transmigrated Rubia's fuck-all attitude. Consequently, I feel this story also brings up the other side of the "completely different person means completely divorced relationships" reincarnation or transmigration, though not particularly well-done style storytelling-wise. Current Rubia does have OG-Rubia's memories and she still does empathize with people. But it's been shown that (understandably), after living over 50 lifetimes of trauma, she's kind of super casual about people's more "minor" suffering in front of her (ex. all the bullying she witnesses and intervenes in because either Marie wanted her to or on the basis that her conscience might disturb her sleep). It doesn't really phase her at all, telling Marie that "the nobility's behavior isn't particularly worth reading". Really, the way she's been interacting with everyone has been with this kind of divorced, separate feeling, like a veteran among newbs but if the veteran was also a minor god (in that there's an associated loss of personal empathy with "mortals"). Basically, everyone is a child to her and she's too much of a big-picture person because "you only have one life and you ain't getting out of it alive, except for me I have all the lives unfortunately" to care about small things anymore. And thanks to all those lives, her idea of "small things" is extremely skewed.

So in some ways, I can see the point of current Rubia "forgiving" the Luxen family because she doesn't take their actions personally and seems to kind of view them like children? I seriously wonder at her capacity to actually care about the complexities of the individuals' emotions so much as just arranging things so that things will be less troublesome for herself. For example, I feel like her reasoning to help the Duchess get in good with the Duke would be along the lines of "if they become a loving couple, they'll be more involved with each other and stop bothering me". There's no point in her forgiving them, and there's no point in them acting familial to her. She isn't the one they wronged and them being familial with her only matters in the balance she can use them without them actually interfering with her stuff. Completely different person, completely divorced relationships without the associated emotional baggage and trauma. She feels like OG Rubia's a pitiful child, but she's dead and how many dead people has current Rubia had to deal with? A huge point of this story is that current Rubia is tired and grieving and trying to take this lifetime as a chance to rest and recover.

Which was just a lot of rambling to lead up to me asking if anybody knows if current-Rubia actually gets to live her life? Or does she end up getting dragged into whatever the hell is going on with the politics of the kingdom and the princes?

Last edited: Jul 4, 2022
  3. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well currently she married the crown prince* and is in line to be the next empress. Since there is no empress she has to do the job of the empress. On the plus side the crown prince had special carriage with a big bed built for her so she can rest when traveling.

*Orlean

4. Themas

Themas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ooooo, daaaahhh... Well, at least she gets her naps even if she's got more work foisted off on her.

Thank you very much for answer! I'm sorry, the only thing I can offer you is sushi. :sushi_chubby::sushi_chubby::sushi_chubby::sushi_chubby:

EDIT: WAIT, OH MY GOD?!?! WE JOINED ON THE SAME DAY????

torte1315, Laerta, Vaviana and 2 others like this.
  5. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whoa. Thank you for the spoiler.

Katsu_cfq and kawaii12345 like this.
  6. novel_manga-fan

novel_manga-fan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Here are some of my favourite moments:blobsmilehappyeyes:(novel)

I looked up at him with a playful look. What do you mean to punish me?

“If you can punish me, try to punish me.”

There was an unknown conflict in his eyes that was looking at me. As soon as he made a curious expression as if he was trying to suppress an impulse, he smiled.

“I refuse for now. You’re still very drunk. You’d better refrain from drinking from now on.”

“Why? How am I doing now?”

“How?”

The Fourth Prince frowned and said,

“Don’t you look completely defenseless? It’s the first time I’ve seen you in such a loose state.”

I felt a little embarrassed. I was doing that?

He sighed deeply.

“It doesn’t matter what kind of appearance you show me. But… I hope you won’t show this kind of appearance to other guys right now.”

“…Why?”

“Don’t you know?”

The Fourth Prince spoke in a voice with no playfulness.

“Because I don’t want to show this pretty and cute look to other guys.”

“……!”

“So even if you get drunk, get drunk only in front of me.”

Ah, damn.

It was an embarrassing story, but I couldn’t say anything because the Fourth Prince’s face was so serious. He sincerely regards my drunk look as adorable, hoping that no one else will see it.

“Then let’s go ahead.”

I nodded silently and followed him.

The Fourth Prince looked at the shops lined up on the festival street and said,

“Is there anything you’d like to have?”

“Pardon?”

“Isn’t it still a festival? If you want anything, I’ll buy it for you as a gift.”

And the Fourth Prince added a word.

“Of course, if it’s what you want, I’ll get you anything even if it’s not in the festival.”

He talked casually, but he really seemed to be thinking of looking for anything and giving it to me if I said it. Of course, I wasn’t looking for a grand present, so I roughly looked around the shops.

It’s a gift. It’s not really necessary, but should I take one as a remembrance?

Yes, because today’s a festival. It would be all right to feel this way.

The right thing came into my eyes.

“Buy me that.”

“You mean that? Let’s choose a better one…”

“No, that would be fine.”

The Fourth Prince looked a little displeased at the object I had chosen. Still, it was my first gift, but he thought it was a little too tacky.

But I was satisfied enough with this.

‘The type of gift doesn’t matter.’

I could feel his heart for me, and most of all, this is a must-have item for me.

“Thank you. I’ll use it well in bed.”

The gift I chose was a pillow doll to play with when I was laying around in bed!

To be exact, it was a tiger pillow doll, which looked chic and sullen.

“Do you like it?”

“Yes, I like it. Look at this.”

I said, pointing to the tiger’s face.

“Doesn’t this look like someone?”

“…I don’t know.”

“I can see it. There is one person around me. He goes around with a cold face while catching shit bluntly.”

I smiled and said to the doll.

“Your name will be Orleans. From now on, I’ll give you lots of love. So don’t be silly and be cute.”

“…What are you saying now?”

I said it naturally, as if not to misunderstand.

“Oh, whatever I name the doll, it’s up to me. It’s a completely different name from Your Majesty’s, so don’t get me wrong.”

Yes, Orleans and Oleunleyang. A completely different name.

“Oh, my Orleans. I’ll love you a lot in the future. Shouldn’t you obey your master?”

I purposely played around with the doll around excitedly, to tease the Fourth Prince.

Then I looked at the Fourth Prince’s countenance, and I was surprised that he had an expression that I had never thought of.

“………”

He was staring at me with an open smile. Rather than feeling bad, it was a smile full of warmth.

“…Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Haha….”

Orlean smiled and gently stroked my head before responding.

“Because you’re cute.”

“…….!”

“You’re so cute and lovely, aren’t you?”

Being treated like a cute puppy, I tried to get angry. But his behavior was one step faster.

He wrapped my shoulders with the hand he was stroking my head with, and gently pulled me into his arms.

“……!”

I momentarily panicked and my whole body stiffened.

Thump. Thump

The pounding that would soon burst took over my whole body. The feeling of being touched all over made me delirious.

A firm embrace, a clear and delicate body, an enviable touch.

As if my head was overloaded, my whole body was frantically conscious of him, and in response to that, my whole body was like a fireball.

My heart shook as if it had been broken.

That´s in Ch 97 if you want to read the full version
    “I’ll do it. Do I have to play as your partner?”

He responded calmly and took off his jacket and hung it on a hanger. A slightly tight white shirt reveals a firm upper body curve. It was like a sculptural body without a shred of flesh.

Perhaps that body was acquired through hard training. I recalled again that he was a transcendental knight who reached the level of a Master.

“No, you don’t have to force yourself…”

“Isn’t this your first request? So, unless you have a specific reason, I should listen to it.”

He lifted the corners of his mouth.

It’s something that I always felt, but it was a beautiful smile that’s difficult for other women to see properly.

His blunt impression made him feel cold, but he was so handsome that even I felt fascinated.

“I won’t accept it if you make difficult demands instead of doing it as a favor.”

“I won’t mean to. There’s just one thing to check.”

“What?”

“It’s your acting skills. You’ll be my partner, but if your skills are too short, it’ll be difficult. If it’s not enough, I’ll give you special tutoring.”

I snorted at his words. Who’s worrying about who?

“You don’t have to worry about that.”

“Really? Then let’s check it out.”

“What?”

It was at that moment when I didn’t understand what he meant so I asked back.

The Fourth Prince walked towards my seat.

One step, two steps.

Our distance quickly narrowed and his shadow covered my face.

Uh? He’s getting too close.

“Your Majesty?”

At that moment, I got up from my seat in embarrassment.

His hand slipped through my hair.

‘What’s this?’

I was so surprised that my body stiffened and my heart was pounding and beating in an instant.

Was it because his hand was unexpectedly warm and it was a sweet caress?

A slightly different energy just from simply being surprised spread all over my body.

‘What are you doing all of a sudden?’

That wasn’t the end of the shock.

His hand, which was touching my head, pulled me towards his shoulders and he held me in his arms.

It’s a very sweet move that’s completely different from his cold eyes.

Then, he whispered this in my ear,

“Why are you pretending not to know my heart?”

“……!”

I frowned.

He was acting now. What he said was a line from Two Ladies.

‘You want to try me?’

I burst out into giggles. As if I had received a duel, the spirit of victory rose within me.

I lifted my heel slightly, taking a step closer to his arms, and hugged him.

Then I spoke seductively in his ear, “You mean your humble heart? I don’t want to know the heart of the other person who thinks lightly of me.”

It was also a major event in the Two Ladies.

Orlean wriggled his eyebrows. My breath touched his ear because I spoke closely to him.

I looked at him with a seductive and provocative look. Like in the script, there was a contradictory look in my eyes, which seemed to reject him and at the same time desire to approach him.

“……”

But Orlean’s reaction was strange.

Instead of saying the next line, he just looked at me.

It was a sunken gaze that had no idea what was going on in my mind.

I faced that gaze without avoiding it.

His body scent was felt because we’re sticking to each other. Unlike his cold impression, he smells surprisingly transparent and clear. I had a good feeling.

Just as I feel him in my arms, he must feel me too. But there was no change in his expression as if he was wearing a mask.

He just looked at me for a long time. Like I’m going to be pierced.

It was such a momentary silence, short, but not very short. The air around him has subsided strangely.

‘Why are you doing that without saying anything?’

I said bluntly with a smile in my face, “….If you’re done checking, stop looking and let go.”

Orlean nodded and freed me from his embrace.

“How is it? Is there a place for my acting?”

Orlean didn’t answer as he seems to be thinking. I called him back again because he looked unbecoming to me as if he had been cut with a knife.

“Your Majesty?”

Only then did Orlean shook his head.

“No, no. That’s not bad. We can proceed as it is.”

I thought it was roughly finished, so I raised the corners of my mouth.

“Then, how are we going to practice acting? Should I go to the club room?”

“No. You don’t have to come, you won’t need to.”

If we practice, he had to go in and out of my dorm. That was a no-no.

But that doesn’t mean he can stop practicing, so I’ve come up with a different method.

“Here’s a gift. You can practice with this.”

“…Is this possible?”

The Fourth Prince looked puzzled at the present I had given him.

“This is Cutie Rubia.”

“…Cutie Rubia?”

“Yes, Cutie Rubia will help you practice.”

The present I gave him was a scarecrow in a dress. For the sake of details, the Scarecrow’s eyes were painted with red paint, and even wears a silver wig.

‘I can’t practice every day because I’m so expensive.’

I smiled softly and asked him, “Please consider it not just a scarecrow but a cutie Rubia and treat it with sincerity. Then please take good care of it.”

The Fourth Prince looked at the scarecrow without a word for a moment.

It was a look of absurdity.
    But, I decided not to kiss him because I thought it was just wrong.

I continued my acting like a professional. The person in front of me is just my acting partner. So it didn’t matter if I hugged him or said something.

Thinking that way made me feel at ease.

“Why do you make me so tired?”

I looked at him with desperate eyes as I delivered the lines.

The Fourth Prince clasped my hand.

“Don’t you see why?”

The cold, sunken golden eyes turned to me.

“Let me go, please.” I pushed him away in a quivering voice.

And several lines came and went. It was a situation where emotions are elevated enough to rise.

Now the long-awaited last scene was the hugging scene. I couldn’t overcome my emotions, and I had to hold him strongly.

‘Because it was acting.’

I hugged him with an emotionless expression inside and an emotional expression outside.

Tak.

The Fourth Prince trapped me in his hard arms. My face was buried in his arms. I could feel the audience’s admiration for the romantic scene.

‘It’s over now. I won’t get out of my bed for a while.’

I thought as he held me in his arms.

But, Orlean looked down at my face and spat out something as if he didn’t like it.

“It’s the finale scene, but I don’t think you’re focusing too much. It’s plain. What are you thinking about when you’re acting with me?”

“….What?”

“You’re the one who ruined the climax scene because you’re not focused, so don’t blame me. I’m telling you in advance, but this is inevitable for the perfection of the play.”

I blinked my eyes as I couldn’t understand what he meant.

But I immediately understand what it was.

He looked still at my face in his arms, and with one hand he held my chin up!

“……?!”

When I naturally met his eyes, my body became stiff. The distance between our faces was close. His breath touched my face.

“We’re acting anyway, and you and I are engaged, so this should be okay.”

His face got a little closer to my face. Realizing his intentions, I opened my eyes wide.

…Hold on? This isn’t right, is it?

‘No, no, kisses.’

As I tried to push him down, I hesitated, and think for a while. If I push him away now, the play will be ruined. It will show on the outside.

‘Goddamn it.’

Instead, I warned lowly.

“Just try and kiss me. I won’t stand still.”

Why? The eyes of the Fourth Prince, who heard me, sank deeper and deeper.

I bit my lips gently and glared at him as he gradually got closer.

Little by little, our distance narrowed.

A hot breath tickled my lips, and his seductive scent irritated my nose. It was a dizzying situation, but I kept staring at him, undaunted.

Soon, just before his lips touched mine, and when our breath was tickling each other’s lips,

He stopped.

It was a very close distance that out lips might have touched faintly.

“……”

My heart was pounding.

The heart I’ve been suppressing so far, throb once.

He didn’t come any closer, however, neither did he step down.

Our breaths were densely mixed, and there was a sense of tension as if lying on a diagonal line. It was a sense of tension that seemed like I would be swallowed up if he ever came forward

‘What are you gonna do now….’

I gulped down my saliva.

My heart shook like crazy in this breathtaking situation. I wouldn’t have been so nervous if we had actually kissed. But, I could instinctively sense it. He didn’t just stop. He is barely holding back his desire to come closer.

My instinct sounded like a warning. But for now, there was no way to respond like an animal captured by a predator. The moment he moves even a little, the tight diagonal line will break.

“…Rubia.”

A low voice leaked out.

It was the first time I heard my name from him. He always used the title Princess when he called me.

A husky low voice whispered in my ear that sent chills down my spine.

As he called my name, his lips moved, faintly brushing with my lips. I felt his breath mixed with mine.

My body hardened like ice, while my heart beats like crazy.

‘Oh my God.’

Eventually, I couldn’t stand it anymore and clenched my fist.

When I tried to push him away, whether the play was ruined or not, he sighed lowly and stepped back.

“Haa.”

At that moment, he was back to the usual Orlean.

“At this point. It will look like we have kissed enough.”

“······!”

He spoke in a calm voice.

“I’m sorry if you were offended. I did it for a high-quality play, so I’d appreciate it if you could understand.”

I bit my lips.

But I couldn’t say anything because, at the last moment, I remembered the look he was giving me.

It was the eyes of a predator.

Deep down in his eyes were the eyes of the predator, who was barely holding back his desires.

‘What the hell is going on…’

Now he was still as polite and cold as usual. The eyes he just showed were nowhere to be found.

“You….”

It was at the moment when I stared at him, biting my lips gently.

“Wow! It’s the best!”

“Bravo! It’s the best performance!”

*Applaud*

Ch 34

With a sense of crisis that he might get hit harder, Izakiel bowed his head and disappeared. The Fourth Prince who was left alone shook his head as if he was tired.

‘Anyway,’

He thought, gently pressing his eyes.

‘The pain of a broken heart. It’s not entirely wrong.’

As Izakiel said, Rubia was building a strong wall against him. A few days ago, she even brought up the topic of breaking off the engagement.

It would be a lie to say that her coldness didn’t matter.

‘But I’m not doing this right now for that reason.’

The eyes of the Fourth Prince sank deeply.

‘Rubia…what on earth are you?’

Her image came to his mind. A beautiful, sour face with a lazy look. But she still has a good heart for others. This was the general view of her, and the Fourth Prince agreed.

However, what the Fourth Prince was curious about was not such an external appearance or internal character. It was something more essential than that, the essence of the soul. That’s what in his mind.

‘Rubia, why on earth can’t I see anything about you?’

He, who has the power of the Eyes of the Beholder, can see through the essence of man’s spirit and soul just by looking at it.

A man with a soul full of greed is in the shape of an ugly pig, and a man with a noble soul is in the same shape. But in Rubia’s case, there was nothing to be seen, nothing at all.

It was unbelievable considering that any Sword Master, Mage, or transcendental being could not escape the Eyes of the Beholder.

Or does she have a soul that can ignore even the power of the Eyes of the Beholder?

What is her true identity?

‘Rubia…who the hell are you?’

In fact, the first time the Fourth Prince approached Rubia was because he had a certain intentional purpose. He had a “goal” to achieve on rising to the throne, and he was worried that she might have some effect on what he wanted to accomplish.

‘As long as it doesn’t affect the accomplishment of my goal, there’s no reason for me to care about what kind of existence she is.’

Though he thought so, Orlean smiled bitterly.

‘But it keeps bothering me.’

Perhaps there’s only one reason why he cares about her existence.

Because she’s already gone deep in his heart. That’s why he’s constantly thinking about her and getting nervous.

“Rubia.”

He called out her name in a sigh.

What on earth is she?

Like his feelings toward her, which is becoming more and more difficult to suppress, he was constantly bothered and worried about what she was.

Ch 47

Marie followed me out. As I walked on the street without saying anything, Marie noticed and said.

“Are you offended, My Lady?”

“Huh? No.”

“You don’t look well…Are you sure nothing’s really wrong?”

When I kept my mouth shut, Marie blocked my way with a hard expression.

“My Lady, if you have any worries, please tell me.”

“I’m fine.”

“Don’t lie. If nothing’s really going on, then why are you so upset? I just want to be a little bit useful to My Lady.”

I looked at Marie’s face quietly. Her eyes were fluttering with worries about me.

“I may not be able to give you any real help, but if you tell me, you might feel a little better. So please tell me.”

When I heard Marie, I felt a sudden impulse. The urge to tell her everything. Of course, I know it’s all useless, but,

“Marie, do you believe in me?”

“Yes, of course, I do.”

“Everything that I’m going to tell you now are all truths.”

Marie had a curious look on her face. Then, I told her my truth.

“I’ve been reincarnated. I have lived a thousand years of life, and in my previous life, I was the leader of the Cross Alliance in the Central Region. I was Catherine.”

“…..!”

“I loved a lot of people, and they all died in front of me on my behalf. It’s only been a few months, so I’m still in pain.”

Marie’s eyes grew as big as if they would be torn apart. She gave an unbelievable expression.

“T-That’s…?”

I watched Marie’s reaction quietly.

“Do you believe what I said just now?”

Marie stayed quiet for a long time, then she nodded.

“Yes, I do. No, I don’t really believe it, but…This is what My Lady said, so I’ll believe it.”

I was grateful. She believed what I said.

But it was the moment she decided to “believe” my truth. Immediately, the laws of the world began to intervene.

“Then Milady, what made you feel bad about being in the gallery…?”

As soon as Marie said so, her movements stopped. Her eyes were blank as if the passage of time had stopped only for her.

I looked at it bitterly. The phenomenon that’s happening with Marie now was the additional punishment I received in my previous life, 1,000 years ago, when I choose my punishment.

-The curse of forbidden words

It was a curse that prevents me from sharing my identity with anyone.

One of the curses that form the core of the punishment given to me, along with the curse of ‘invariant’ and ‘inability to forget’. I couldn’t tell anyone the truth about me because of this curse.

“What did you just say, Milady?”

Soon Marie came to her senses and asked with a confused face. The story she heard a while ago was cleanly erased in her mind.

I nonchalantly shook my head.

“I didn’t say much. Let’s go back now.”

When I returned to the academy, I went to the Grade Representative’s office instead of heading to my quarters.

I just wanted to be alone.

Since today was a holiday, following yesterday, so no one will come to the office.

I was lying on the bed I had set up in the office.

“…..”

Ch 64

I didn’t have to worry about Sophien’s gaze because of the ‘Curse of the Forbidden Words’, anyway. Sophien won’t be able to remember the scene where I’m using power.

Looking at the burning flames, I faintly opened my mouth.

[I command you, die down.]

It was the moment when the words were uttered.

*Hwaak!*

An amazing sight appeared. The blazing fire began to fade in a straight line. Ignoring all laws of physics, as if it should be.

It wasn’t just magic. This was the result of the world’s compliance with my will of words and decrees.

“…T-This?”

Sophien seemed to be in a daze when she saw the miracle that happened before her eyes.

I said calmly.

“What are you doing? Why aren’t you getting out of here?”

“…….!”

“You’ll die if you stay there?”

It was only then that Sophien began to run away.

But she was almost on the aisle of the stairs when she turned her head to see as if she had realized something.

“Ru-Rubia, what about you?”

I had stood still on the spot.

“What are you doing? Hurry up and come this way!”

But I shook my head quietly.

“I can’t help it.”

“What’s with that?”

It was at that moment when Sophien’s eyes grew bigger.

*Hwaak!*

The flames engulfed the place where Sophien had passed.

“Ackk! Rubia!”

“Oh, it’s all right. It’s unavoidable. You should go down quickly.”

I said in a calm voice, as expected. The range allowed by the causality was to the rescue of the Rectifier, Sophien. Saving my own life didn’t apply.

‘I can’t help it. This is death. Phew, this life ends in vain.’

I looked at the flames surrounding me. There seemed to be no way to survive. In other words, this was the end of my life.

“Rubia! Rubia!”

I heard Sophie scream outside beyond the fire.

‘I told you to go down.’

I clicked my tongue.

Well, even if she took some time, the fire will not harm her because of the will of my word to protect her remains.

‘It’s a little sudden, but I can’t help it.’

I was faced with death, but my heart was calm.

In fact, it wasn’t the first time I had died so suddenly. No, death came when we didn’t expect it. So, there was no need to make a fuss.

‘Let’s see. I don’t want to burn myself to death, so let’s go to a place where there’s no fire.’

I stepped as far as I could where there’s no fire. I was better off suffocating rather than being burned to death.

‘I wish to be born in my next life as a lazy daughter of a rich family in the countryside.’

I flopped down on the floor and thought blankly.

I thought it was fortunate that there weren’t many people who have stepped in my life before I die. Death is really difficult when there are many precious people.

There is only one person that bothers me the most.

‘Marie, you’re gonna be sad, right? I’m sorry.’

I’m sure you’ll cry a lot. I felt sorry for taking her out of the Duchy of Luxen without treating her well.

There were other figures that reminded me of a few more.

A typical example is the Russacle children.

‘Oh, they were all cute and nice.’

I laughed at the thought.

The oxygen became thin and my mind gradually blurred.

I didn’t really want to be lazy.

Thinking that this was the end of my life, I remembered my true feelings.

Yes, I didn’t actually want to be lazy.

I just didn’t want to get deeply involved with people. Deep entanglement inevitably leads to affection. I didn’t want to be heartbroken in the future because of that affection.

‘Yes, this isn’t bad enough.’

At this moment, it didn’t hurt that much, so I closed my eyes thinking it was a good final moment.

But it was the last moment. A voice that could faintly be heard came into my ears.

“This…What the hell are you doing? Are you out of your mind?”

A voice that is cold and somehow filled with anger.

I opened my eyes heavily. An unexpected figure was seen in my hazy vision like fog.

An unrealistically beautiful face in the blazing flames. Black hair, and golden eyes that shines coldly.

“Your Majesty…Orlean?”

I asked in a dubious voice.

Clearly, it was Orlean, but his expression was strange. Whether it was anger or another emotion, it was a completely distorted expression.

‘Did I get drunk on the smoke and started seeing things?’

I thought faintly.

But it wasn’t anything.

“……..!”

He approached and held me lightly in his arms.

“Haa.”

Orlean took a deep breath as he looked at my condition. There was an atmosphere where he seemed to be suppressing a lot of emotions.

“…Never do this reckless thing again. Do you understand?”

He looked as if he was angry.

“Why are you angry?”

“……”

Orlean lowered his golden eyes and looked straight at me. His eyes sank so deep to the extent that even I could flinch as I was lying down.

“…Are you asking because you don’t know?”

Having said so, Orlean hugged me deeply into his arms. It felt strange because it was a move that seemed to protect me from the fire.

Contrary to his angry attitude, his hands that were hugging me were very delicate and intense.

He wrapped me in his arms as much as possible to avoid the fire, and at the same time fixed his posture to minimize the discomfort. It was a gesture as if he was dealing with a fragile treasure.

“I’m going out right away. Don’t be surprised,”

His breath tickled my ears because we’re stuck together.

Soon, pitch-black mana spewed out from Orlean’s body and surrounded us. It was a mana shield. In this way, the fire would not harm us.

He moved on as it was. Not in the passageway, but towards the window.

If you go down the aisle, you’ll run out of oxygen. He may not know, but I knew he chose a different path because it’s hard for me to hold out.

“Hold on tight.”

“Yes, don’t worry about me.”

Did I sound too calm even in this situation? He looked at me with strange eyes, so I hurried him.

“I’m fine, so run quickly.”

My mind was hazy due to the lack of oxygen.

My voice was about to tremble, but I didn’t want to show any weakness to him, so I talked without shaking as much as possible.

“…Okay.”

He hugged me more tightly, then rolled his feet out the window. He jumped off from the fourth floor, so it’s a dizzying situation.

But I closed my eyes without any worries. Rather, other people watching from below screamed.

“T-There!”

“Ahh! It’s dangerous!”

Orlean is at the height of being a Sword Master.

The speed of the fall, which had been increasing in acceleration, faltered. No, not only did it faltered, but rather it slowed down. It was a phenomenon that seemed to ignore the law of gravity.

Orlean slowly landed on the ground as if stepping down in the air.

Ch 68 and 69

Rubia blinked to see if she was seeing things right.

But she was certain.

A face as beautiful as a jewel, pitch-black hair, and cold golden eyes that sunk deeply. A neat suit and an old iron sword that doesn’t go well with this grotesque space.

It was really the Fourth Prince Orlean!

‘When did you get in here again? Were you hiding?’

Rubia exclaimed in bewilderment, “Stay back! It’s not a monster you can deal with!”

No matter how much the Fourth Prince was a knight who had reached the level of a master, he was not the opponent for that monster.

It was as if the Fourth Prince was giving up his llife.

“Stay back?”

The Fourth Prince looked at her with a frown. He did not seem to hide his anger unlike the usual.

“My fiancee seems to be dedicating an eye, a wrist, and an ankle to that monster, and you want me to stay back? Is that what you’re saying?”

Rubia was speechless.

‘No, I’m going to break up with you…’

But Orlean’s eyes were sinking too deep to say such a thing.

‘Why is he coming out like that? You’ll die if you intervene.’

Eventually, she became impatient and unleashed her magic. It was a magic that would return the Fourth Prince to the original world.

Anyway, everything that happened now will disappear from his memory through the intervention of causality.

She used her power without worrying about revealing her identity.

Phat!

A white block wrapped around the Fourth Prince’s body. But something amazing happened. The Fourth Prince pulled out an iron sword and cut it off.

‘W-What?’

Rubia was confused and looked at the Fourth Prince. He cut down her magic with a sword?

The Fourth Prince also looked at Rubia. There was a deep look of anger, as he did in the last fire incident.

He soon turned his eyes and glared at ‘Sin’. His eyes sank even deeper.

[You’re an unexpected guest. How long have you been here? I am ‘Sin’…]

“Shut up.”

The Fourth Prince cut off his words for a short pause.

“You want Rubia’s eye, wrist and ankle?”

He aimed the old iron sword at ‘Sin’.

“There’s no need to talk further. I’ll kill you.”

“Your Majesty!” Rubia cried in a hurry.

Looking at the situation, it seems that the Fourth Prince was hiding around with some sort of secret method. Then he must have seen how powerful ‘Sin’ is, but why is he still saying that?

Now the Fourth Prince’s behavior was like a suicide.

“Stay back! What the hell are you doing?”

“Why am I doing this?”

The Fourth Prince approached one step at a time towards ‘Sin.’

“Are you asking because you really don’t know?”

“……….!”

She gulped when she heard his voice with intense anger.

‘No! You’re going to die!’

It was at that moment when she tried to conjure up some magic to save the Fourth Prince somehow. ‘Sin’ moved one step faster.

[Haha! Great! This is a fun game, too. If you wish so, you must die first!]

‘Sin’ raised his thumb as if trying to crush an insect. Then, the Fourth Prince drew his sword in the air.

*Jingg*

It was an ordinary attack that didn’t even raise the use of aura.

But something unbelievable happened.

[Oh?]

The thumb of ‘Sin’ was cut and a fountain of blood spewed out. The neatly amputated finger fell to the floor.

[Ah….?]

That wasn’t the end. The Fourth Prince took a step and drew the sword to the side again. It was the wrist this time. Black blood poured out and the wrist was cut off.

[Guakk!]

“………!”

Rubia, who heard that painful scream, raised her eyes.

‘What’s going on?’

‘Sin’ was not just a monster. It was created by human greed and was like a part of the world. But how could he hurt him like that?

The Fourth Prince swung the sword repeatedly with an indifferent face as if he was wearing a mask.

Slash, slash. Every time his sword was directed, blood poured out from the body of ‘Sin’ and he fell off.

[Guaakk! What the hell?!]

In the end, ‘Sin’ moved far into space when he couldn’t endure it anymore. For a moment the body of ‘Sin’ had turned into a wreck of teeth.

[Geee…How did this happen?]

The fact that the Fourth Prince could hurt him seemed more shocking than the condition of his body.

[How can you wound me?]

The Fourth Prince replied as he walked toward the distant ‘Sin.’

“Well, I was just cutting? Did you say you’re ‘Sin’? Maybe I had lived nice enough to cut you off, a sinner?”

Rubia looked at the Fourth Prince with absurd eyes. Now he’s making fun of ‘Sin’.

[Eekk! Shut up!]

‘Sin’ gave out an angry cry. The body of the wounded ‘Sin’ quickly returned to its original state.

[I am immortal, so it is no use for you no matter how much you wound me.]

Massive pressure tried to crush the Fourth Prince, but at that moment the Fourth Prince disappeared.

[……!]

And the place where the Fourth Prince appeared was right behind of ‘Sin’.

Orlean murmured.

“An immortal being?”

It was an eerie voice that made me feel goosebumps.

“Then you’ll die forever and die again.”

At that moment, a stormy aura popped out of the old iron sword. Unlike his words that he had lived nicely, it was a pitch-black aura that glowed with the light of destruction.

“Die.”

His sword cut the neck of ‘Sin’. The aura’s destructive power was added and his throat burst the same way.

[Argh!]

Before his neck was restored again, his sword pierced elsewhere.

Chest, wrists, and legs.

In the blink of an eye, a total of five body parts were cut, and then the neck of ‘Sin’ was restored. But as soon as he recovered, the aura flew back and burst his neck and face at once.

The scene was repeated endlessly. When ‘Sin’ recovered three parts of his body, the Fourth Prince would cut five at a time.

Despite his endless recovery, the body of ‘Sin’ was no longer in human form. Even before he could even have a shape, the Fourth Prince’s aura would explode.

It was a terrible scene, but what was even more scary was the face of the Fourth Prince. He was so expressionless as if he had no emotions.

‘I was wrong about the Fourth Prince. That’s not just the level of a Master.’

Rubia thought with heavy sunken eyes. She figured out how the Fourth Prince could injure ‘Sin.’

It was simple.

This is because his swordmanship has reached a level high enough to be able to cut off ‘Sin’, which is a part of the world.

‘I didn’t think that the Fourth Prince would reached that level.’

How long has it been after that? Eventually, ‘Sin’ screamed.

[Argh! How dare you!]

The pressure of an enormous force raged like a whirlpool. The Fourth Prince did not counter the pressure of the force, but spilled it sideways and drew the sword again.

The chest of ‘Sin’ exploded like he was hit by a bomb.

[Argh!]

The eyes of ‘Sin’ were covered in purple. ‘Sin’ glared at the Fourth Prince as if he was desperate.

[As much as you did…!]

A great force of pressure that is incomparable to the present has gathered. The Fourth Prince’s expression hardened as if he felt something unusual.

It was the moment. Rubia, who had been watching closely, stepped forward.

“Stop, that’s enough.”

[…….!]

“You haven’t forgotten me, have you, kid? If you try to do more, I’m not going to stand still either?”

She lifted the corners of her mouth.

“I don’t think it’ll be easy for you to fight both of us at once? So how about doing just that much now?”

[········]

The boy, ‘Sin’, glared at her with bleak eyes. It looked like his anger did not subside. However, he couldn’t move easily, no matter how immortal he was, he couldn’t belittle ‘her’ true power. It could be a big disaster.

At that time, Rubia shrugged her shoulders and acted unexpectedly.

“I want you to be satisfied with this much.”

She took out a dagger and cut her left arm deeply!

Phat!

Blood poured out of her arm and spilled on the floor. It was bleeding quite a lot. The Fourth Prince’s face hardened again.

She spoke with a grim face.

“Can’t you be satisfied with this?”

‘Sin’ said after a moment of silence.

[I’ll accept the deal. Take him out right now.]

Her blood that had been scattered all over the floor has disappeared. It was absorbed by ‘Sin’.

At the same time, the symbol of ‘Sin’ disappeared, and instead, a bright light burst out. It was the ‘door’ to the original world.

‘Hoo, fortunately it ended well,’

She sighed. The ‘door’ was opened and no one died. She was really fortunate to have this plan.

‘What’s with this trouble. When I return, I will never get up in bed for a while.’

She looked at the Crown Prince, who was unconscious, as if she didn’t like him.

But then, a heavy voice came in.

“Princess.”

It was the Fourth Prince.

She looked at him with a troubled face.

‘What are you going to say?’

I’m sure you’ll be asking about my identity.

‘Of course, it doesn’t matter what happened today because of the intervention of the law of causality.’

The curse of the forbidden words on her, everything that has happened will disappear from the memory of others. No matter how much the Fourth Prince has the King’s Eyes, and even a Master at a high level, there was no exception.

So it was the moment when she decided to cover it up roughly. Instead of asking who she was, the Fourth Prince did something unexpected.

“Is your arm all right?”

“…….!”

The Fourth Prince snatched her arm. The cut was so deep that blood was still flowing from her arms. The Fourth Prince saw it and bit his lips.

He cut a long part of his clothes and tied them tightly at the top of her wound. He pressured them to stop the blood from flowing further. As the blood continued to flow, he removed a clean cloth from his arms and pressed the wound.

Naturally he came into a state where he held her arm.

Rubia looked at him with curious eyes.

‘Why don’t you ask me who I am?’

The Fourth Prince was just biting his lips as he looked at her wound. Emotions and worries were evident on his face.

After pressing down on the wound for a long time, he sighed deeply.

“I guess this is fine for now. But you’ll have to be treated properly.”

“Oh…yes.”

Rubia looked at him with confused eyes.

The Fourth Prince pointed to a group of white light, the door.

“Let’s go back now.”

“…….”

Rubia hesitated for a moment. After exiting that door, the Fourth Prince will forget about her here due to the intervention of causality.

Because of the curse of the forbidden words, the world doesn’t want the identity of the child to be known to another.

That’s why she offered her thanks before he lost all his memory, before he left through that door.

“Thank you for today.”

“…….”

The Fourth Prince looked at her in silence. A deep passion in his indifferent golden eyes fluttered. It was the light she had seen many times with a burning longing for her.

‘Haaa.’

Why?

It was an impulse as she had remembered him standing before ‘Sin’ for her.

For a thousand years, she was always the one sacrificing. She was always fighting in front for others.

Perhaps that’s why her heart was fluttering when she saw the Fourth Prince fighting for her behalf instead of her.

‘All of his memories will be gone anyway.’

Actions she wouldn’t have done at ordinary times.

As she approached him, she lifted her heel slightly.

Her lips touched against his lips.

“……!”

The Fourth Prince’s eyes grew bigger.

She opened her mouth with him in her eyes.

“Thank you very much…for today. Even if you lose your memory, I will never forget what happened today.”

Her lips once again overlapped with his.

“Once again… Thank you very much.”

Ch 74 (full)

“…Let go.”

The Fourth Prince was silent for a moment and said as he embraced me.

“And if I don’t?”

“……!”

“What if…I don’t want to? What would you do?”

He spoke in a low voice.

“If I don’t want to let you go like this, what would you do if I wanted you so much?”

His low-pitched sweet voice made me dizzy as if I was drunk and made me lost my mind. In an instant, I felt like I wanted to be in his arms.

Yes, I admitted my feelings. He had already come deep into my heart. The way my heart tremble like this. But sadly, I had a reason why I couldn’t be in his arms.

I clenched my teeth and took a hold of my shaking heart.

“….Still, let me go.”

Orlean sighed.

“I understand. I seem to have committed a discourtesy without being able to hold my feelings back. Please forgive me.”

I moved on without saying anything.

Orlean followed behind me like that.

For a moment we walked on the streets of the festival without saying a word. As we walked like that, I saw a familiar sight.

It was the vast Great Hostia River as wide as the sea.

“We’re on the riverside.”

I nodded at what he said. The ships lined up were lighting up, because of the Naval Port Festival, and the riverside was shining brilliantly in the dark.

‘In the end, we’re here together.’

I wanted to see the riverside with him whether it was dusk or not, but in the end, we came together like this.

‘I had a good time today.’

I thought to myself. The evening festival with the Fourth Prince was more enjoyable than I thought.

We didn’t do much, we just walked, but I had a lot of fun.

When I thought of it, my heart became complicated again. I had a heavy heart.

What Marie said came to mind.

[You said you like that person. It’s good, but what can you do? You’ll have to date for now, no matter what happens later.]

I know that Marie is right. The feelings that had already deepened couldn’t be forcibly ripped. The more you try to rip it, the more your feelings deepened.

I would have accepted his heart without hesitation if it were not for the harsh circumstances given to me.

‘Haa.’

At that time, a place came into my eyes. There was an observatory deck overlooking the river. Trees with numerous white flowers surrounded the observatory deck.

Looking at the beautiful observatory deck, I felt an unknown impulse and said to Orlean.

“Why don’t we go over there for a while?”

Orlean nodded at where I pointed.

“That’s a nice place. Alright.”

Soon we arrived at the observatory deck.

It was like a scene in a fairy tale because of the white flowers surrounding it.

“Beautiful.”

I agreed with that remark when I looked down at the river from here. The white flowers, the colorful street scenes, and the night view of the vast Great Hostia River. It was such beautiful scenery.

I and the Fourth Prince looked at the river for a long time. No, our eyes were on the river, but we were conscious of each other.

Even without saying anything, our emotions flowed to each other more than saying a hundred words.

“Princess, do you still dislike me?”

No, not really. But I kept my mouth shut without saying anything.

“I want you to believe in one thing. I sincerely want you with all my heart.”

I know. Now, he was looking at me sincerely. Without any suspicious intentions.

Listening to him made my heart feel more stuffy.

[I still like that person, what else can I do.]

Marie’s words came to mind again.

Then, just in time, the wind blew. The trees around the observatory deck shook, and the white flowers in full bloom fell. The white flowers surrounded me and him.

I stared blankly at the figure of Orlean surrounded by white flowers. It was unrealistically beautiful.

His dark hair, as if containing the night sky, shook. His golden eyes that were more beautiful than any other jewel, turned to my face. As I stared at him blankly, he also looked at me as I was covered with the flowers.

He slowly lifted his hand. Gently removing a petal sitting on my face, he hesitated and caressed my cheek. It was a gentle, soft touch. Our eyes met. We couldn’t take our eyes off each other as if we were possessed.

Thump. My heart throbbed with a loud sound. His hand, caressing my cheek, rubbed open my lips. I felt the tension and trembling in his hands touching me. And slowly, his face came closer to me.

As the distance narrowed, I can feel his breath, and my heart fell as if it had been broken down. I’ve been breathing hard and my body stiffened. I knew what he was going to do, but why? I didn’t avoid it.

Soon his lips touched my lips. The first contact was very cautious. His soft lips rubbed against mine.

The moment I breathed in, I felt our distance, and he covered my lips again. His lips gently caressed my lips.

I groaned as I couldn’t stand his precious, careful, and yet earnest care as if he was dealing with the world’s most precious treasure. My whole body trembled as if being penetrated by electricity.

It’s no use running away. I’ll follow you wherever you go. I’ll make sure I’m the only one in your heart. I’m gonna make you look only at me.

His kiss seemed to whisper like that. That sweet yet intense feeling covered me.

I closed my eyes tight and held his hand.

“You don’t know. How intensely I’m longing for you.”

His eyes turned to me.

A deep, deep longing pierced my heart.

“So don’t think about running away. Do you understand?”

But why?

Tears suddenly welled up as I faced his sincere heart towards me.

“…Princess?”

The eyes of the Fourth Prince, who saw my tears, grew bigger. He was taken aback by my sudden tears.

“How come you’re crying? Are you all right?”

“I like you.”

“…Pardon?”

“I like Your Majesty too.”

The Fourth Prince’s eyes widened. However, I’m not done talking yet.

I smiled.

“But I can’t accept Your Majesty’s heart.”

“…What do you mean?”

I took a deep breath.

Is it because I was so emotional? I had the urge to confide everything to him. I couldn’t resist the urge to confess my feelings to him.

‘He’ll forget everything the moment he hears it, anyway.’

“I have a secret I’m keeping from Your Majesty.”

“What is it?”

The moment I confess this truth, the world’s causality will work.

Just as Marie heard my story last time and immediately got her memories erased, the intervention of Causality will make the Fourth Prince cleanly forget what he heard from me.

It was because of the curse of the forbidden words on me. But… even if he won’t remember, I still wanted to tell him everything.

“I am a cursed reincarnated being, so I cannot accept your heart.”

I smiled bitterly.

“The moment I accept your heart, I will fall into another pain.”

‘I wasn’t trying to leave people to be lazy in the first place.’

I confessed the truth to the Fourth Prince and thought.

I was afraid.

To have an affectionate relationship with people and suffer from it.

Human life is short. The time I spend with my loved ones was short, and after breaking up with them by death, I had to endlessly struggle with it. Such pain has been repeated for a thousand years.

[You said you like that person. It’s good, but what can you do? You’ll have to date for now, no matter what happens later.]

Yes, I know Marie is right. It’s foolish not to start a relationship for fear of parting. However, If you were repeatedly separated from those who are precious to you for a thousand years, you’ll never have the courage to start a relationship again if you suffer from pain every time.

How much have I suffered from my previous life and the deaths of my loved ones?

Leopold, Lou, Penan, Charlotte, Eileen.

Even now, I still felt hurt by their deaths. It wasn’t just from my previous life. Before that, and even before that. In my thousand years of life, there has never been a time when parting with an important person was not painful.

Parting with my loved ones seemed to drive a nail in my life, and forever tormented me.

-You, noble and honorable one, will suffer for everlasting years.

A thousand years ago, when I chose the punishment from my previous life, a decree was engraved in the world. By that decree, I was given three additional curses

—Curse of the Invariant

—Curse of the Inability to Forget

—Curse of the Forbidden Words

The ‘invariant curse’ that does not let my emotions wear out even after living for endless years. No matter how much pain I suffer from this curse, I won’t go crazy and my feelings won’t become dull. And because of the ‘curse of inability to forget’, even after a long time, I could not forget the relationship with my loved ones. As if nailed to my heart, the longing and pain were imprinted in my soul forever.

And the ‘curse of forbidden words’ that won’t let anyone know the truth about me.

The gist of these curses was simple.

It’s that I would repeat my life and suffer endlessly in my relationships with other people.

-It is your own choice and you will never be saved.

Therefore, my relationship with a new person was a curse to me. Because their time is short, and I have to miss them forever and suffer from it.

‘It would be a little better if I could share this pain with someone.’

I thought with a troubled heart.

Cruelly, the world didn’t even allow me to share my pain. They only hoped for me to suffer alone endlessly in loneliness. Because that was the ‘deal’ between me and the world.

‘I do not regret the choice I made a thousand years ago. There was no other way except to sacrifice myself, but I want to stop hurting now.’

So I made up my mind after my last life was over. I won’t make a deep relationship with anyone in this life. I will never suffer. But I knew. That’s impossible.

Living life is the act of creating relationships. Precious ties had already been created, and the Fourth Prince’s heart could no longer be denied.

‘But what if I accept his heart? My emotions will deepen even more. Then I will only suffer deeply again.’

So I couldn’t accept his heart.

The moment I accepted his heart, I was afraid of the pain that will come after the short happiness. I’m running away, but I was already exhausted. I didn’t want to suffer anymore.

“…That’s what it is.”

The Fourth Prince, who heard my story, was silent for a long time.

Under the curse of the forbidden words, I confessed all the threads of the matter without hiding anything, as he would forget them anyway. However, the Fourth Prince, who had been silent for a while, said something unexpected.

“If I could break your curse, what would you do then?”

My eyes widened.

“Why are you talking about that?”

“I can’t imagine the pain you’ve suffered for a thousand years.”

“……”

Orlean bit his lips and looked at me. His eyes shook with a tingling and firm determination toward me.

“Do you know what I was thinking after hearing your story? I can’t even imagine the pain you’ve been through… How did you live with that pain?

The moment I heard it, my heart throbbed. It was the first time I heard it while living a thousand years of life. So far, no one has been able to sympathize with my pain.

“I… don’t want you to suffer anymore. I’ll break your curse. By all means. Even if I should cut down the fate of the world.”

I smiled gently.

It was impossible to solve my pain. He doesn’t know what my nature is or what kind of deal I had with the world that has led me to be punished. So he can talk nonsense like this.

‘However,’

Gratitude showed on my face. He was the first one to tell such a thing in a thousand years. Even if it was impossible, I was overjoyed and grateful for his feelings alone.

“Thank you.”

I said again.

“Thank you for your words, really.”

I was so happy and grateful for the heart he had just shown, so I decided to give him a hint.

Of course, after this conversation, he will forget everything, so I know it doesn’t mean anything, but I wanted to give him a hint.

“If you really want me, there’s one way to do it. Try to shake my heart a little more. Even if I run away, hold on to it. So,”

I looked him in the eye.

“Please shake my heart strong enough that I can happily endure any pain that follows after I part with you.”

Actually, this wasn’t the first time I had such worries.

Because I’ve always been afraid of making new relationships.

However, there was only one reason why I couldn’t refuse to deepen my relationship with people and fell into it every time.

“If I love you so deeply that I feel like it doesn’t matter what kind of pain will follow, then I’ll accept and let you in.”

Because I loved them so deeply.

“I don’t know if it’s right to let it go like this. Aren’t you bothered?”

“Perhaps… it’s okay because he was deeply regretting it. Also, we have several devices in place.”

“Yes, the Jeonmyeonghwan. It was the first time I learned that there was such a medicine.”

“Oh, it’s a lie.”

“…What?”

I spoke in a nonchalant tone.

“It’s just a bunch of shit I made up. It’s ridiculous to say that a pill can track the condition of the mind that can trigger death. But it doesn’t matter. Anyway, Sven believed it with all his heart, so it’ll be enough to restrict him. Even if we don’t have that pill, there’s also the recording.”

The Fourth Prince had an absurd look on his face.

It’s just like you too. The look on his face made me feel proud of myself.

“Anyway, it’s your family’s private matter, so I’m not authorized to interfere. But are you okay?”

I understood the meaning behind the Fourth Prince’s words and kept my mouth shut.

He was worried since I was not shocked by my brother’s betrayal.

“It’s okay. You don’t have to worry.”

“You don’t have to pretend to be okay. Especially in front of me.”

I smiled at that remark.

I wasn’t particularly shocked by Sven’s betrayal, but I didn’t hate the Fourth Prince’s concern for me.

“It’s late at night, so let’s go back.”

I said with a sudden impulse.

“Shall we sit down for a while?”

“Hmm?”

“The moonlight is pretty and the river is also pretty. It’s been a long time since I’ve seen such a calm river.”

The river seen from the castle was somewhat noisy and crowded, but coming out like this, it was very quiet.

For some reason, I felt like my mind was being purified, so I wanted to stay for a little longer before I go back.

“Yes, alright. Please have a seat here.”

The Fourth Prince took off his jacket and spread it out on a flat rock. But I shook my head because I was flustered with his consideration.

“Is it okay? It doesn’t matter where I sit.”

“It’s because I care. I can’t let my fiancee sit anywhere on the street. My honor is at stake, so please sit down.”

I had no choice but to smile and sit down.

The Fourth Prince also came to my side and sat down to watch the flowing river.

A moment of silence flowed in the dark. It wasn’t awkward, it was a calm feeling for some reason.

Is it because of the rattling of the river? Or is it because of Orlean, who’s sitting quietly by my side?

I opened my mouth, feeling calm.

“Thank you very much for this time.”

“What do you mean?”

“Everything. If it weren’t for Your Majesty, we wouldn’t have been able to solve this problem.”

I meant what I said.

Because there weren’t just one or two things that the Fourth Prince did to help solve this problem.

Even being able to point out Sven as the culprit was due to the help of the Fourth Prince. He had seen through Sven’s twisted soul with the power of the Eyes of the Beholder.

‘Didn’t he say that the leaves were in the form of rotten orchids?’

Because of his great help, I thanked him repeatedly.

“Thank you again.”

The Fourth Prince smiled openly.

“Are you just saying thank you? How dare you be pampered by a person from the Royal family like this. Shouldn’t I get something in return?”

With a grin, I brought my body closer towards him, as if seducing him. Then I stared into his eyes and said playfully.

“In return, would you like me to give you a kiss, from the world’s prettiest Princess Rubia?”

Huh? I was joking, but there was something wrong with his reaction.

He glanced at me silently without answering, and his eyes were sinking deeply.

I felt that I had made a mistake.

“I-I’m just kidding. Don’t be so serious. “

I turned my head away, feeling my face burning.

“I-I think it’s better to go back now. Don’t mind what I said…”

It was at that moment.

I felt a heat in my right hand. Orlean grabbed my hand!

“Your Majesty?”

I saw his eyes sinking lowly in the dark. It was sinking, but it was hot. I clearly felt his feelings for me.

“…Rubia.”

I said it with an awkward face on purpose.

“It really was a joke. I’m sorry if you were offended.”

“I wasn’t offended.”

He still looked straight at me, then he opened his mouth.

“In fact, I have something to tell you. Can you listen?”

Thump. Why? Is it because of his fascinating low-pitched voice? Or is it because of his gaze towards me? Without any reason, my heart thumped faster.

“…What are you gonna say to me?”

In a moment, determinism passed by his golden eyes. Then, as if a knight in some story made a lifetime promise to a lady, he opened his mouth with a reverent, unshakeable voice.

“Princess Rubia, will you marry me?”

“…..!”

At the moment, I had no choice but to open my eyes wide.

What are you saying?

I thought I misheard him, but I didn’t.

He continued with an endlessly sincere voice.

“You know, I’m eagerly hoping for you. I’m already in a state where I couldn’t imagine my life without you.”

As I heard those words, my heart began to tremble again. His gaze on me was more intense than the contents of his words. His feelings towards me so strong that I even felt nauseous.

“Your Majesty.”

“I’m sorry to say it like this to you, though I should have asked you more formally. I’m not asking you this just because we’re engaged, but because I really want to take you as my partner in the future. Will you accept my proposal?”

After a moment of silence, I looked straight into his eyes. Then I slowly opened my mouth.

“Why did you think you wanted me to be your partner? Please be honest with me.”

I asked in a shrill voice.

“Do you really want me, or do you have other intentions?”

Other intentions. It means the innermost feelings that the Fourth Prince is hiding from me. The Fourth Prince stood still for a while and then he opened his mouth.

“It wasn’t because I like you that I first showed interest in you.”

It was a familiar story.

The Fourth Prince approached me with hidden innermost thoughts, and even now he was not revealing what they were.

“If you really love me, then please tell me. I cannot accept a proposal from someone who has some hidden intentions to hide from me.”

The Fourth Prince’s face was filled with agony. However, he did not evade answering like before.

“I will tell you. Rubia, to become the Emperor, there are certain things that I must do. It’s the same mission that I’ve been given, more important than anything else. That’s why I was initially trying to see how your existence would affect that mission.”

I had a puzzled look on my face.

There is something you must do to become the Emperor?

“What do you mean by a mission?”

“I’m sorry, I can’t tell you that. But believe me in one thing. I’m never going to do anything bad to others. It’s something I must do for the whole world.”

It was hard to understand.

After becoming the Emperor, this must be done for the whole world?

The Fourth Prince looked right at me again and said,

“I’m proposing to you right now, which has nothing to do with that mission. I’m proposing to you only because I sincerely want you. Will you accept my heart?”

Why? As I was staring into his eyes, my heart pounded again. The longing in his eyes grew, and the trembling of my heart increased.

My heart throbbed violently. It shook like a ship that met the waves. I deliberately spoke in a cold tone to avoid showing my agitation.

“Why are you proposing so suddenly? Didn’t Your Majesty not want to think about marriage at all?”

“Far from it. I’ve been determined to marry you before. Fortunately, you don’t want to go to the academy anymore, so we don’t have to prolong it anymore, do we?”

When I heard that, I realized one thing.

‘Did he meant marriage when he said that he was letting me quit the academy?’

As I noticed, it really seems like that. If I marry the Fourth Prince, of course, I will be able to quit the Academy naturally.

But I couldn’t say anything, because his eyes were so serious.

He was anxiously waiting for my answer.

I felt a tingling sensation at the moment.

Why? As I felt his feelings, my heart ached and hurt.

I suppressed my heart and opened my mouth in a voice as calm as possible.

“I’ll answer. I’m rejecting it.”

“……”

The Fourth Prince’s face became heavy.

“…Why?”

I swallowed a sigh.

“I don’t like Your Majesty very much.”

“…What?”

“Of course, I do have some feelings for Your Majesty, but I don’t love you enough that I want to marry you. I still think that it seems too early to think about getting married.”

In fact, it wasn’t just for this reason.

‘To accept the proposal means to accept him into my heart sincerely.’

In other words, it meant that I would endure the pain I would suffer after parting with him by death. But I’m not ready to accept him yet.

Because of the ‘Curse of the Inability to Forget’, I could never forget the memories of my precious person. If I accept the Fourth Prince, I will have to miss him and suffer for eternity after separation.

So far, countless relationships have been imprinted on my soul, and I have to feel the pain that comes after the short happiness endlessly in solitude. It was as if I was constantly in agony as if my soul had been nailed, so I couldn’t easily muster up the courage

“It’s better to talk about marriage after our feelings become deeper.”

However, the reaction of the Fourth Prince was strange. He neither frowned nor was he displeased by what I said. Rather, it was a very strange face, but I was puzzled because he seemed to be suppressing an unknown feeling.

“Rubia, may I ask you one thing?”

The Fourth Prince asked in a deeper voice than before.

“If you come to love me more in the future, will you accept my proposal?”

I hesitated for a moment and then I nodded.

“Yes, at that time, I will.”

I was thinking of accepting him if I loved him deeply enough to happily accept even the eternal pain I have to suffer after separation, as I have done in all of my previous lives.

“Okay, I’ll try harder until you accept me deeply in your heart.”

I was grateful for what he said.

He must be upset and hurt because his sincere proposal was rejected, but he’s not showing it at all, rather he was saying that he will try harder for me.

I was grateful for that, so I opened my mouth.

“…Thank you.”

Did he understand what I mean?

He smiled openly.

“You’re welcome. This kind of effort would be natural to get a lovely woman like you. Rather, I’m sorry for proposing too hastily without considering your feelings.”

As I heard that, I looked up at the night sky.

The moon was floating in the dark. It was a bright moonlight as if blessing our future.

‘It might come sooner than I thought.’

I suddenly thought that way.

It won’t take longer than I thought and I might open my whole heart to him. No, it may already have been to some extent.

Thinking so, I walked with him toward the castle.

It was at that moment when I thought like that.

A sudden change occurred.

“Argh!”

Suddenly, Fildeheim screamed, pulled out a dagger, and cut off his arm.[1]

Blood gushed out and the people were stunned by his madness.

“W-What?”

I hardened when I realized the meaning behind Fildeheim’s action.

‘No way?’

Now Fildeheim has given his blood to the fruit of the World Tree! To finish the flowering quickly in seconds!

I cried palely.

“Get him right now! We don’t have time!”

But it was too late.

Fildeheim revealed his white teeth when a light poured out.

“It’s over! Now, the power of the Emperor is mine! Haha!”

The moment his shout burst out, the fruit of the World Tree held in the Crown Prince’s hand, emitted a dazzling brilliance. It was such an intense light that makes our eyes feel a tingling sensation.

In the end, the fruit of the World Tree has bloomed!

“Kuk!”

A tremendous amount of energy came out, and with a roar, the people around Fildheim stood back for a while.

“No!”

Grggg!

A thunderous sound reverberated from the sky.

Intense radiance emanated from the fruit of the World Tree and covered the whole place. It was a glow that felt somewhat ominous.

Grngg! Grnggg!

Is the sky angry or something? It wasn’t really a thunderbolt, but the sound of something hitting rang endlessly in the air.

I clenched my fist.

‘Damn it. The causalities around here are shaking.’

The people looked at each other with restless faces.

They weren’t the only ones who were anxious. The ominous brilliance exploded from the fruit spread to the corners of the Kairman Kingdom.

It was obvious that everyone in the Kingdom was trembling with anxiety.

“T-The light is fading.”

“…Is it over?”

Soon the radiance that had been bursting out as if it would blind everyone began to gradually fade out.

After the light completely disappeared, a small fruit the size of a cherry fell into the Crown Prince’s hand.

It was the fruit of the World Tree flower, also called the decision of blessing or decision of power!

“That’s the fruit of the World Tree?”

“But why does it look like that?”

As people questioned, the fruit of the World Tree has a dubious appearance, rather than the heavenly fruit from the story.

But what matters right now wasn’t the appearance of the fruit of the World Tree.

Finally, the extraordinary thing we feared happened.

The roots of the stems of the world tree that protruded from the ground began to turn dry and twist.

As if it had been under a strong curse. The stem, which was so large that the end could not be seen, dried up in an instant.

People swallowed their saliva at the gruesome sight, but the disaster was only beginning.

The surrounding land turned black. The grass and trees on the ground began to dry out and die in an instant.

“D-Damn it. No!”

Visner spoke in a desperate tone.

As if a spot of ink was dropped on the water, the cursed quickly spread out.

In the blink of an eye, the entire land of the surrounding states turned black, and all the plants that lived on it dried up. Not only the crops that were about to be harvested but also the trees and grass along the road turned the same. It was clear that everyone would not be able to hold out for today.

‘The fruit of temptation.’

I spat out curses.

The fruit of temptation

That’s how the fruit of the World Tree during the Magic era was called.

At that time, many people were blinded by power and tried to take the fruit of the World Tree by offering blood as Fildeheim did.

When you think of the disaster that will follow, you know that offering blood shouldn’t be done, but you cannot stand the temptation in front of you.

Therefore, the wise men of the Magic era called the fruit of the World Tree the fruit of temptation given to man by heaven.

A fruit that tests whether they can endure the greed in front of them.

If you endure it, it becomes a fruit that gives you a brilliant blessing, but if you don’t overcome your greed, a terrible disaster occurs.

Of course, the result of the test has always ended in the human’s defeat. There were always people who tried to take the fruit of the World Tree in an unclean way, and I punished several such Mages during my reign as the King.

“That’s terrible. What a disaster.”

At that time, the Fourth Prince Orlean came to me with a stiff face. For some reason, Shen’s avatar had already disappeared.

He lifted his gaze and looked beyond the horizon.

“The land near the Palace is also losing its fertility. I can’t believe this happened because of a single fruit.”

I closed my eyes tightly.

There was a huge distance from here to the Imperial Palace. Perhaps the land beyond that will also not be safe, and there will be millions of people who will suffer from this.

‘No, we have to stop him.’

But it was already over.

Like how you can’t return the spilled water from a glass, there was no other way than to create a miracle.

But then, one way came to my mind.

‘No, it’s not like there is no other way. I can do miracles.’

Water spilled on the ground cannot be collected in the usual way. So what? We just have to create a miracle to put the water back in.

And ‘I’ was a great being called the King of the World, so I had the ability to make miracles.

‘I will bless the earth by a decree. Then I can restore the land that turned barren.’

It’s possible if I wanted to.

However, there was one problem.

‘If I do that…I’ll die right away.’

My use of power is constrained by causality.

If I violate the restriction, there will be a huge reaction.

In particular, it was obvious even without seeing the result if such a big force was used. I will face death with countless heinous curses.

‘Ha. Damn it. What should I do?’

I thought in agony.

No matter how familiar I am with death, it was not an easy decision to make.

I was afraid of the pain that I would suffer under countless curses, but the most frightening thing was that I had to cut ties with everyone who became a part of my life at this time.

Even if I return to them after I reincarnated, no one will recognize me because of the curse of the forbidden words.

‘What about the Fourth Prince? Won’t he recognize me?’

Others were fine though.

However, the fact that I had to part with the Fourth Prince, whom I had just begun to open my heart with, made me feel uncomfortable.

No, honestly, it wasn’t to the point of getting caught. Thinking that I might have to part with him forever, a piercing pain went like a nail in my chest.

Thinking so, I honestly didn’t want to die.

‘I will just pretend to be ignorant. This is Fildeheim’s fault. Why do I have to take responsibility by using my life?’

I compelled myself to mutter strongly.

However.

What if I ignore them? What about the people who live here?

‘Damn it.’

I uttered a curse inside.

I’ve had a lot of thoughts, but what should I do in this situation?

I don’t want to die. But there’s no other way, is there?

‘I guess I was destined to die like this.’

I made myself determined and looked at the Fourth Prince with a smile. It was the last time, so I tried to force myself to smile, but it didn’t go well and turned into an awkward smile.

“Your Majesty.”

“Rubia?”

“I love you.”

“….!”

Although I tried my best to confess my feelings, the face of the Fourth Prince hardened.

“What do you mean…all of a sudden?”

“I’m just confessing my feelings. I love you. Really. I mean it.”

I felt some regret at that moment.

I wish I had accepted his heart earlier. Then there would have been a long happy time.

‘I can’t help it.’

I smiled gently and memorize his face in my eyes.

If I die now, chances are high that I will never see him again.

So I memorize everything, one by one, inscribing them in my soul as if it was my last.

“What’s wrong with you all of a sudden?”

Did he have a hunch? An ominous glow filled his golden eyes.

“Tell me you love me too.”

“Rubia? Why the hell?”

“Please, quickly.”

Oh, damn it. I tried to part ways in a chic and cool way, but in the end, a drop of tears fell in my eyes.

Orlean’s eyes grew wide when he saw my tears.

“No way? Rubia, you?”

I tiptoed and kissed him.

My lips touched his lips, as I broke away, I spoke.

“Thank you for loving me. When I come back to life… I will try to return to you.”

Of course, I am not sure if he will recognize me even after I come back to life because of the curse of forbidden words.

I thought I’d be very sad if he didn’t recognize me when I managed to come back.

“Rubia? No!”

As if he realized what I was going to do, Orlean hurriedly tried to catch me.

But it was too late.

Words flowed from my lips.

-I am the King of the World.

The causality vibrated rapidly due to the use of unauthorized power.

The law of the world intervened and tried to thwart my magic.

But I forced myself to ignore the laws of the world as if forcing to loosen the chains that bound my wings.

Then I issued a command all over the world.

-Bless and be blessed.

It was at that moment when I uttered the words. All things complied with my command.

The invisible spiritual light spread around me.

At the same time, life began to shine on the land that had turned black.

“W-What’s going on here?”

People mumbled in disbelief even after they saw it with their own eyes.

Someone said in a daze.

“Did heaven pitied our Kingdom and give us miracles?”

Yes, it was a scene that couldn’t be explained except by the word miracle.

The green light of blessings lingered in the land that turned black. It was a deeper light of life than before.

The dried and dying plants became fresh green again.

With strong blessing, as well as breaking the curse of the World Tree, the land around here will be rich for decades to come.

‘Good, we’ll be able to support the people of the Southern Ten Kingdoms with extra foods. Visner would do that.’

I thought comfortably and smiled.

Everyone screamed with joy at the incredible miracle, but there was only one person who looked at me with trembling eyes.

“R-Rubia? You…?”

It was Orlean.

His golden eyes were shaking as if he had encountered a strong storm.

“W-Why would you do this? How are you going to handle the consequences of causality?”

I smiled.

Countermeasures? There’s no such thing.

I had a lot to say, but I only said one thing because I knew I had no time left.

“Hug me.”

“….!”

“Come on. We don’t have time.”

I couldn’t tell whether he hugged me or not.

“No! Rubia! No!”

The last time I heard the miserable cry of the Fourth Prince, my vision turned dark.

I can’t see anything, I can’t hear anything. I’m stuck in a dark place where I can’t feel anything.

Curses fell on me one after another in the darkness.

I couldn’t stand it and scream.

Countless curses fell upon my suffering soul without mercy.

“….”

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Daphne03, kakawow, Sadri and 60 others like this.
  7. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t think I’ve seen this spoiled anywhere, what happened to the current crown prince? Is he the main antagonist? How did he loose his position to ML?

8. novel_manga-fan

Reading List:
    Link
    He was captured for what he did.
    And on the wedding day of Rubia and The fouth Prince they will distract the guard to help the crown prince to escape with his mother

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2021
  9. Roseeve

Roseeve Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wait sorry so is black hair fourth prince the ML or is it the first prince aka.blondie ? Cuz I saw someone else say the crown prince is...the ML

10. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    blondie= crown prince at the beginning now a fugitive on the lamb with his mother the empress
    black hair = crown prince currently

11. akera93

akera93 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ouf this story is garbage. It started great but went downhill real fast. The original body owner was abused, traumatised and suffered so much yet the MC thinks the person who was wronged the mst is the bitch new duchess because she wasn't loved as much as the original duchess. WTF is wrong with the MC?
    She makes such stupid decisions. She even helped the bitch duchess verify the duke's affections for her...The whole thing is so frustrating and usually other characters are annoying but the MC is fine...nope, not this one! The MC is the weirdest dumbest one of them all

12. milktea05

milktea05 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank uuu:blob_pompom: Are there more fluffy moments between them??? Please post moree :bloblove:

novel_manga-fan likes this.
  13. chileanywayssss

chileanywayssss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoilers:blobsmilehappyeyes:
    !!

novel_manga-fan likes this.
  14. novel_manga-fan

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, the Fourth Prince is the ML

[​IMG]

15. cometothedarkside97

cometothedarkside97 Unleash Your Imagination

Reading List:
    Link
    There is still 127 Chapters yet to be translated. I appreciate the spoilers, but please don't make the chances of the translator getting caught by Author higher by posting the DIRECT link publicly. They already got caught before and have to moved. If they got caught again the blog may got deleted. So if you want to keep the translation coming don't do this and share it through personal message instead. Thank you.

Anne1102, novel_manga-fan and Wapdyne like this.