Spoiler The Rich Ex-husband Cries and Begs to Remarry

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by thelmarie, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why couldn't she end up with Mo Huai , did he suffer? SML Syndrome all the time. He's the perfect choice of all the mls

Tharis and nielyti like this.
  2. Not Today

Not Today Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished up MTLing this story, so I'll try and answer some of the questions I see here:
    No disrespect meant to the previous commenters that left spoilers, but from my understanding of the raws, I think they got 2 different instances of the FL being there for her ex confused. The FL did save the Shen Shu when he had an accident on a class trip & stayed holed up with him in a cave for 3 days through a storm, protecting him while he was unconscious. But the reason that she got expelled from her university was actually that she took an extended leave after Shen Shu got into a really bad car accident that had him comatose for 2 months. She read stories to him and stayed by his side in the hospital, but due to all her unexcused absences, she got expelled. Even though prior to this she was actually at the top of her class in the semester before.
    At this point he was already feeling unsettled about losing the FL, so while dreaming he would see her in his dreams and one of the scenes he remembered was their time in the cave together. Him kissing her and saying that they'll be together, all while delirious with a fever. Of course, the first person that finds these two after several days is the sister :rolleyes::rolleyes: and through the magic otherwise known as the female lead halo, Shen Shu automatically assumes that she's the mystery girl that's been keeping him company. It's through his dreams, that he sees the OriFL's figure morphing into the MC's.
    Feeling confused he goes to see the sister and asks her if she was in fact the person that saved him that day. She acts sketchy but confirms it was her, while doing the typical innocent weepy white lotus BS that's basically her only character trait throughout this novel, but he knows that she's lying. From this interaction as Shen Shu is leaving, he finally realizes that the sister isn't as innocent and sweet as he originally thought.
    The sad part is that the FL tried numerous times to explain her side of things. For instance, in the coma scene that got her expelled she tried hinting to Shen Shu about the stories and staying by his side for weeks when he was comatose, but he didn't believe her and thought she was crazy/looking for attention from him. :cry: After all that Ruan Tian suffered through even though I wasn't the biggest fan of Qin Yu, I'm so FREAKING HAPPY that Shen Shu didn't end up being the ML!!
    I don't mean to burst your bubble, but Huai Mo is actually a psychopath lol. He only knows how to act all innocent & sweet in front of the MC. To everyone else, he's ruthless & cruel. For instance, during an interaction between him, Qin Yu (the ML), and the FL, Qin Yu accuses him of killing his family to gain control of the Huai companies. (From the brief background on him we were given & the fact that even his bodyguards are afraid of him, this is probably true.) And if that's not all, near the end of the novel he even tries to kill ML through a car accident, due to being jealous of how far his relationship had progressed with the FL. (The leads weren't even dating, they'd just gotten into a couple of dating scandals.)
    Idk if you'll still feel 2nd ML Syndrome after reading that lmao.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
    Bastian, Sorabito, geckin and 21 others like this.
  3. Fictionaddiction

Fictionaddiction Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for all the spoilers, so he remembers her reading stories to him but not the cave thing till later. And thinks she's doing it for attention!
    Even if she never saved him, she clearly loves him. I get he thought she was a stalker though. But it's unrealistic that he starts chasing her when he finds out. You either love someone or you don't. Doesn't have to be your childhood friend or savior.

As for Huang Mo being a psychopath... I still love him. I love Yanderes aloooot. And even if he was a bastard to everyone else ( as long as he's good to MC) then I'm good. Cause all the other characters did the opposite. they were bad to mc and good to everyone else.
    So he probably went to jail or got killed somehow... alright ...

TyShaye, Tharis, Marane101 and 5 others like this.
  4. Aihi8

Aihi8 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I must have confused some things, mtl fried my brain at some point XD Out of all the ml I think the one she ended up was the most logical choice, although I think the author planned for her to end up with Ss but decided not to thankfully.

Pansy25 likes this.
  5. suudere

suudere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I finished MTLing this novel a while ago and I must say it’s nice that the ML is not really obvious.

But... the romance is only in like the last 20 chapters like hooow I needed more romance ughh

Some may not like QY because he was a bully but you can see he was heartbroken and regretful and seeing how he wants to change makes him sound kinda nice towards the end lol.

Between ex QY and HM, QY is definitely the best, HM is such a creep.

I don’t know if you guys agree but I found her love and obsession towards her ex-husband weird, like, the author didn’t explain why he was like a god in her eyes??? What’s good about him anyway. If he was good to her at some point or if he was an amazing person and she saw it and fell in love with him that way, I may have understood.

Tharis, QingSe and Qiwis20 like this.
  6. Guide1410

Guide1410 guide with bad sense of direction

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for all the spoilers :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

7. Berry.Blast.20

Berry.Blast.20 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil the divorce part?

8. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's not much to it. It occurs , in the beginning. RT already knows she's living in a novel and has decided to distance herself as much as possible from her bad end. So she, just signs the paper SS hands her. Later he makes a claim she didn't live up to the prenup (technically the later divorce agreement would override or be a case of fraud) so he isn't going to pay her the alimony.

Tharis, Lucila, Tt123 and 4 others like this.
  9. emersy

emersy Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm disappointed with the ending. It's more favorable if she does not ends up with an ML or even choose someone that is not part of the "main cast" of the novel. She will be given justice if her ending is similar to Delicate Mother of the Villain, where Xia An's (mc) ending is about her two+1 children no ml involved, or the Rich Woman is No
    Longer Acting, Meng Chu (mc) ends up with some 'mob' (not really) character and the ml never hurt, belittle nor look down on her. In fact, the mc is the one who had the power in their relationship. The author should have gone that route. Peace. A life away from the story, her disgusting family and undeserving MLs. Or True love, A life with someone who CHERISHED and loved her because that is what she really want, she said so herself from the first chapters of the novel. No manipulation. Atleast give her an ml who would defend her at the moment he met not recycle an ml because you made too many and whitewashed all he did because he is a tsundere.

TyShaye, Tharis, Rika77 and 7 others like this.
  10. juby_

juby_ Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Who did she end up with? If RT ends up with SS, I'm literally gonna scratch her to death. I mean first and foremost, He ignored her and made her feel like sht about herself. He literally took her for granted, he threw all of her gifts that she worked hard just to give to him. Forced her to take their wedding rings and tol her that he was the one who bought but in actual fvck it was the secretary who bought it (he even justified that he was the one who paid for it so technically he was the one who bought it) and it doesn't even fit her finger for goodness sake. Only looked at her when she got tired and stopped chasing after him. Went back on his words about their settlements for divorce. And many other sh*tty things that I can't even, urgh!!!.

Out of all the MC's, I would've preferred Qin Yu since Qin An an and RT doesn't really have any chemistry tbh, Huan Tian is giving me major red flags. Xu Jin is ok (i guess) but I don't like him at all-- not one bit. I mean Qin Yu did after all remember her birthday and tried to help her, though he did a pretty shitty job on getting along with her. But it would be a lot better if there was actually one more MC who truly cares for her, and isn't connected to her past.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2022
    Tharis and QingSe like this.
  11. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler. I didn't really care who the ML was as long as it's not the ex husband. So her ending up with QY was already good enough for me. Could I ask for some fluffy or romantic moments between them.

Tharis likes this.
  12. juanexbi

juanexbi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoilers:blob_pompom:
    Reading the spoilers here and novel updates, but I kinda prefer Huang Mo. Ex husband is already trash and Qy is the ml but I also don't like that he bullied mc even though he regrets it and fix it up. Even though Huang Mo is a psychopath or yandere maybe.... I like that he's nice to mc. I mean he's not really good natured but to me as long as he's nice to the mc even if he's natural personality is mess up to others at least he treats mc better I think dunno cause I didn't read the story:blobsweat:.. but in the spoilers he's nice to mc but cold at others so I kinda don't mind that. Other novels or manhwas have cold ml's but nice to the mc's. Well Qy might be deserving though as the story progress, better because the ml isn't the ex husband trash:blobtriumph:.
    Can someone pls spoil this...
    • the ending of mc's family, or if they saw that mc's sister is fake, notice the value of mc.
    • fluffy moments of mc and ml and the ex husband eating vinegar or regretting really hard.
    • if the sister has any schemes that got found out
    • wanna know the ending of the sister and ex husband. wanna know their detailed demise:blobowoevil_horns:
    • other characters self deserving karma
    • mc badass moments

nielyti and kawaii12345 like this.
  13. Dragon_Reader

Dragon_Reader Humans just don't taste as good as books \( ̄ハ ̄)

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, QY is a bully but not the extreme sort of bully. He does kabedon, forces her to buy stuff for him from nearby shops, trips her and shit like that. It is definitely not the extreme - assault/ attempted rape shit. In fact, QY has helped her plenty of times during school which has gone unnoticed coz MC had tunnel vision. In one instance, MC is dragged inside an alley by a group of thugs (for rape) and she is crying and screaming for help. Her ex-husband and QY are walking when they see this. Ex literally ignores this and walks ahead. QY stops and asks - Are you not going to do anything? Ex is like - No, better if she dies! QY rolls up his sleeves and goes to fight those thugs and saves MC.

Another school incident is when MC faints or something due to fever or shit and again ex ignores her whereas QY rushes her to the school medical room and stays with her. All students in school didn't dare talk shit about MC in front of QY coz he would beat them up literally. Later, when ex-husband starts regretting how he treated MC/ divorcing her, he will remember many incidents where QY shows he loves MC/ saves MC from really bad shit and how he stood aside and ignored MC.

MC and QY are the same type - both have unhealthy obsession. Even if MC loved ex, stalking him/ ignoring his wishes etc is actually criminal behaviour. Same as QY - who too stalked MC, ignored her wishes, forced her to work in his entertainment company etc.

Huang Mo is another crazy yandere. There is literally no reason why he fell for MC. Maybe coz she was good to him but at that time, he was acting like a little soft bunny so surely there were many who treated him good. As for why he goes crazy for MC is unknown. He even thinks of destroying MC's career (and this is when MC has spoken like two sentences to him) so that she has no where to go and he will swoop in like some hero. I do think he becomes a bit better at the end and understands and accepts MC's choice or maybe my MTL is wrong.

geckin, Tharis, Lucila and 10 others like this.
  14. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    MC's family (sister and mother) wind up losing most of their wealth after a series of mishaps
    1st it gets out that the mother was transferring all the company shares to the sister
    2nd That the sister and mother used the MC as a bloodbank for the sister
    3rd the the MC's tragic past after being stolen gets exposed
    not sure I am correct on the next part but there were some other problems of a more regular business nature that put the nails in the coffin.

After it all falls apart, they leave China for America? (not sure countries in Chinese novels) at the end

The ex husband investigates about the drugging moment, finds it was the sister's scheme, He, later asks her about how she "saved" him in the cave.

At the end ex-husband is really regretful trying to find a replacement for his real white moonlight(BFD). That's all that happens to him.

The sister also got caught plagiarizing designs

The mother may realize the MC was better but she really doesn't care she wanted a daughter that would kiss her a$$. She was upset all along that the MC wasn't grateful for the crumbs she tossed her.

MC doesn't really have badass moments, except for maybe the variety show/survival show, where she did well because of all her years in Poverty.

That's about it. Sorry about being vague on the Mother's downfall but it was rather generic, she also wasn't that memorable to begin with, especially compared to MLs or the sister. I will say she did seem rather real, as I have met far too many women like her.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Bastian, geckin, Tharis and 10 others like this.
  15. kurojotei

kurojotei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll add in a little more info:
    Ex-husband's ending:
    • His mother set him up on various blind dates. Although, his mom understands that SS truly likes RT, she knows that that ship has already sailed and that they will never get back together. Still, life must go on.
    • Like a good son and also understanding the fact that he should spawn the next generation, he attends those blind dates, but his mind was always elsewhere. He'll go through the motions, but won't even remember how he ordered stuff, what his date's name, etc.
    • He went as far as getting engaged (the engagement partner was ideal, like from a good family, good education, good looks, etc.), but he eventually canceled the engagement, because he really can't get over MC. He pretty much wallows in so much regret, because no matter what he does now, RT will never reconcile with him.
    Zhou Family (aka RT's sister and mother) Downfall and Sister's Schemes being found out
    • As mentioned in earlier spoilers, the Zhou's family business was basically bankrupt.
    • The mother was thinking of asking for help from SS, by taking advantage of how her daughter (RT's sister) seems to have a close relationship with SS.
    • However, due to the fact that SS ascertained the truth about the aphrodisiac incident and who really saved him back in high school, there would have been no way in hell that SS would help their business stay afloat.
    MC's Badass Moment
    • RT lives on her own in a sketchy neighborhood. One day, her mother wanted to force her to go back to their mansion. The mother took the liberty of moving her stuff back to the mansion without asking RT's permission.
    • RT was not having it, so after some back and forth with her mother, she called the police and claimed that someone stole her stuff (IIRC, she was actually bluffing, so she hasn't really made an actual call). The mother was stunned and couldn't believe that RT would do such a thing.
    • In effect, RT sort of blackmailed her mother to bring her stuff back into her apartment within one hour or else she will file a legitimate theft report with the police.
    • Needless to say, she got her stuff back. She moved to a different place after this. However, she moved in the same building where Qin Yu lived. I think their units were right next to each other or in some way, really close to each other.

Bastian, geckin, Lucila and 17 others like this.
  16. Pansy25

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler.

17. Joy45h

Joy45h Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    My memories are a bit blurred but here's something I remember
    1. Rt participated in a reality show and got the task to call her boss and tell him about his bad qualities . Rt then really called qin yu and told him that he is creepy , overbearing and really annoying
    Qin you ... Speechless
    Audience ... Damn , you are the queen
    2 . Rt visited an amusement park and ss came stalking her . One of Rt fan recognised them and posted about them on social media . Qy saw the post and was jelly .
    3 . Damn the Audacity of that bastard ss , he really thought that he could still get together with rt and tried to pursue but what he got in return was ' fook off bastard '.
    4 . Something happened and rt rushed back to her family . They had organised a party and invited many special guests including ss nd Qin an . Fake sis came and greeted rt but rt gave her an immediate bi*ch slap , fake sis was aggrieved and before she could say something rt pulled her hair and gave her another slap and revealed her evil acts and the way they used her as a blood Bank in front of the guests. Then she dragged her mother to the police station and forcefully had her removed from her family register . Later the mother fainted and police asked rt to take away her mother but rt said that she doesn't give a damn and went back home .
    5 . Qy came at Rt's door and asked her about what should he do so that she would forgive him . Then he handed her a stick from his bodyguard and asked her to beat him till she's satisfied but not to ignore him . Rt gave him a blank look and shut the door on his face . Qy continued crying out and asking her to beat him at the door until his condition relapsed . Rt then annoyed called Qin an and told him to take away his brother before she calls the police .
    6 . Rt was outdoor filming and Qy followed her , he actually followed her back to the hotel while rt was ignoring him. And suprise he saw ss with a bouquet outside the hotel and got angry . Ss saw Qy too and both started a dog fight . (During the school days qy deliberately talked bad about rt in front of ss so that ss won't respond to her confession ) . Ss asked him qy if he deliberately instigated the relationship between the both which qy admitted to while smirking at his stupidity . Rt just continued walking to her room while wishing that both would just land up in the hospital from the fight . They both fought so fiercely that even their families came to know about it.
    7 . Rt was invited by Qy mom to their family party ( mom really treats rt as her daughter and disdains what Qy did to rt . She regrets not knowing what her son's did to rt as she was recuperating abroad ) . Another dog fight between ss and qy .
    8 . Qy was actually keeping a watch on rt the entire time . When he learned that fake sis had drugged rt he rushed to the hotel . But he was too late as ss had already entered the room with rt . Then he stood near the door for the entire night with red eyes .
    Later he was informed of ss and rt's wedding . He told rt not to marry ss and she would terribly regret it ( just confess already ) . Then he was heartbroken .
    9 . Some cute tidbits . Qy had actually collected stuff related to rt and stored them in a drawer ( her pen , testpapers ), while rt thought that she lost them . He also bought her neccesities when she had her first menstruation .( But that doesn't change the fact that he bullied her ) He also cancelled his admission to an University abroad so as to keep accompanying rt . ( This toxic sonof abitch if you loved her so much , why not just stop bullying her and confess ... Damn ).
    9. his way of bullying rt during their schooldays ,
    . Reading her confession letter in public . ( Rt slapped him on the spot for this )
    . Asking her to kiss him if she needs his help
    . Always belittling her when she tried to lick up to ss .
    . Posting her testpapers on the forum .

Till the end we are not sure who the ml is . RT agrees to date him in 5th last chapter of the novel after he is heavily injured in an accident while protecting rt , rest are extras .

wildthorn, Bastian, geckin and 15 others like this.
  18. Pansy25

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks for the spoiler. It's as if QY never grew up. He is like those boys who pull their crush's pigtails just to get her attention. So childish. He should have just confessed. What a wuss.

19. kurojotei

kurojotei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These lines pretty much sum up the ex-husband’s ending:

“He and Ruan Tian did not kiss, did not take photos together, and had no memories.
    After the divorce, he had nothing.”

Chunin, Lucila, Tharis and 11 others like this.
  20. QingSe

QingSe Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yanderes in fiction are fun until you realise yanderes in real life are the abusive spouse/partner killers that murder documentaries are made on, which are also ironically socialised as 'misunderstood bad boys' and 'hot possessive boyfriends' so I dunno, kink might kill you this time.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ This thread is talking about the relationships in a realistic manner, rather than the tropes you could be socialised to, so it might seem prudish and over-sensible, but here's to healthy relationships finally making it mainstream
    ✺◟( ᐛ )◞✺ (a Wish for Future Generations).