Spoiler Discussion in Spoiler Threads

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Westeller, Oct 9, 2020.

1. pakapang

pakapang Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    please anyone who kindly read the novel, share the spoiler w us. and if you want to long debate or disagree or hating the character, could you pls make another forum

2. Fenrironcrac

Fenrironcrac Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Will this thread also turn into a discussion thread? Please don’t. Can you guys put something like hashtag - # opinion at the start of your post so it’s easier to skip.

Is there someone who has some solid spoilers?

3. Luukia

Luukia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wish we can have the mod here to move the rant into discussion forum. I hate it when people rant in spoiler forum. Absolutely unecessary and waste of space. We know the male characters here are POS. We get it. Move along will ya?

Also, thank you so much for providing us with spoiler! I tried to search for the review of the novel to no avail. I guess the novel is not that popular in korea eh?

Kumoshiro likes this.
  4. kawaii12345

kawaii12345 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a thought:
    It would make a fun forum game to play guess what novel's thread these relocated posts came from.

It could also be a drinking game
    Take a drink if they obviously haven't read the rules
    Take a drink if they are complaining about an incomplete novel where there's no material to spoil
    Take a drink if they missed the spoiler plugin post
    Take a drink if the novel is completely spoiled but they want someone else to organize all the spoilers so they can read them

5. Zenonide

Zenonide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Im begging everyone. Please. This is a spoiler thread, not a discussion thread. Not all of us are here to hear your opinions about the characters of the novel. Some of us are here to ask and to read the spoilers. If we want to hear your opinions we would be at the discussion thread and not here on a spoiler thread.

Not to be bitchy or anything. Just sharing my sentiments to you people because this is not called a spoiler thread for nothing, right?

6. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Why do peple at me for such stupid shit like this. I dont really care. This is a discussion fourm made for discussing so stop pulling up the respect others opinions card when no one was disrespecting anyone

yserieh likes this.
  7. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Excuse me? Unfortunately this is A SPOILER THREAD, NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD, look at that RED BIG ‘SPOILER’ tag up there. You can make a new discussion thread elsewhere. Here, people share about spoilers not discussion

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    Tina Wei, Tt123, Fenrironcrac and 4 others like this.
  8. Zenonide

Zenonide Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait, why was this moved here? Hahahaha. I commented this on the spoiler thread of Duchess of the Glass House.

I have been reading many spoiler threads and it always bugs me that there are too many people discussing the novel and not spoiling on a SPOILER thread. It just ruins the excitement of being able to read or discover a spoiler and wanting to read the next part only to be greeted by pages of people discussing how the ML is trashy or the MC is so weak hearted. I dont know what got me and commented this on that particular thread hahaha but it suddenly got on my nerves seeing pages of discussion only to read a little spoiler then struggling to find the next spoiler due to some spoiler threads being crowded by people discussing their biases on a SPOILER thread.

Pansy25 likes this.
  9. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    because you’re always bringing unnecessary drama into any thread without reading what people are actually saying, maybe? Yes, spoiler threads allow discussions, but it’s not a discussion when you’re not reading actual comments and just ramble about an imaginary injustice and insult others for their opinions.

uniformjaniform, Pansy25 and Tt123 like this.
  10. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    it seems people didnt read the sticky thread :facepalm:
    can you discuss in spoiler thread? YES! you absolutely can! as long they discuss something about spoiler and not translated chapter!
    here lemme quote the mod/staff member post in that thread

so please dont attack on those people who are passionate and keep the thread alive. maybe some of them are hot headed and firm in their opinion, you can just simply block them and the headache are gone blobmelt_thumbs

11. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for pointing this out to everyone. You took the words out of my mouth.

its0k likes this.
  12. Kumoshiro

Kumoshiro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seeing it in the perspective of a forum administrator, it is understandable they want to see people using the forums because that is the lifeline of every forum on internet. A forum without people discussing is a dying forum and ask people to not vent their opinions is the first step to sabotage their own.

People who likes to vent their opinions is not the only one who uses this forum. I'm not an active writer, but every day I check this forum because I want to know more about content not translated yet and I think a lot of people comes to the spoiler forums wanting actual spoilers and you can see it just seeing the statistics of over +90k views of this topic.

I agree discussing is positive when it helps to know more about something new. That is what spoiler readers wants to read. But I'm tired to see people trying to privatize spoilers topics with only their opinions without contributing to the topic.

Now I want to ask to the people who likes and wants to read spoilers instead of discussion to give a like to this post to show their posture. Instead, if the people doesn't mind to read discussions please give a like to @Migrad post to show their posture. This way we can make an idea of how reasonable is this protest.

13. Westeller

Westeller Smokin' Sexy Style!! Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Discussion in spoiler threads is allowed. End of story.

Discussion of discussion in spoiler threads in spoiler threads is *not*. Please argue about it *here*.

If at any point in your life you feel inclined to inform someone discussion is allowed in spoiler threads, do so here. If at any point in your life you feel inclined to disagree with someone over their right to an opinion, do so here. If at any point in your life you feel inclined to start some form of protest, do so here.

Do. Not. Post. Off. Topic. In. Spoiler. Threads.

AliceShiki, Shio and theilikepie like this.
  14. ATrueStory

ATrueStory Villainesses, Historical Shit, Noble Circuses

Reading List:
    Link
    In some cases, those people with unmovable 'passion' and posters who are not even seeing the other side of the discussion and doubles down on their own morals make me want to abandon the thread. Being passionate should not be a cop out. Posters post because they are interested and passionate. Another thing that makes me abandon a thread is some shit-stirrer who thinks they are above other posters and no other than their opinion should matter. If one poster can not be at least agreeable while conversing, puts other posters into boxes, and creating drama, that poster should be a consideration for a ban. There is no point in participating in any thread where posters have to police themselves over fiction.

uniformjaniform and Kumoshiro like this.
  15. Kumoshiro

Reading List:
    Link
    I have an experience being a moderator of a smaller forum than this one and I understand why admins and mods may close an eye to subjective discussions on spoiler forums, because ask people to move their discussion out of the thread is another subject of complaints.

However, closing an eye will encourage people to keep spaming spoiler threads with content that does not meant to spoil anything but only to post their personal judgment about a character or what they think should be about the plot.

It is not the same thing to discuss about the qualities of the characters than to discuss about the judgment of the qualities of the characters. In spoiler threads is a good thing to post the first (because everyone wants to know facts about the novel), but it is spam to post personal judgment (because no one wants to know personal opinions about the novel).

You have the tools to see how thirsty people is for spoilers and how fed up people is for personal judgment and you can see it just checking the liked posts in the thread this come from: https://forum.novelupdates.com/posts/6315569/

That post comes from Duchess of the Glass House spoiler (where the previous post of this topic came from and it was a smart thing to move it here because this post no one reads in the spoiler forum). That have 24 likes and another one sharing more spoilers got 26 likes. Both posts felt like a rain after a drought because the previous post are only personal opinions over the morals of the characters.

There was even a post with only an image without anything related to the novel and you keep it. Why? Yes, it's funny, but that is actual spam without a doubt.

I said before I'm not an active poster, instead I'm an active reader of this forum that came for the spoilers. I'm tired to see threads going to the trash because a few group of people like to capture the discussion over what they like or dislike of a character or how they think it should be or become the plot.

Zenonide likes this.
  16. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, I know that people can discussing in the spoiler thread, but the discussion thread isn’t exist for nothing. You should can diferentiate the place, this is the thread where people looking for a spoiler not discussion.

Imagine you came to seek for spoilers, but instead you got bunch of people discussing and arguing about the plot, characters, and even bring up noblesse oblige that has nothing to do with the story. Lol

it'll be a different story if the spoiler threads that should be the place of people sharing and looking for spoilers were filled with 80% of a very loooooong replies of discussion and argument, 15% people asking for more spoilers, and 5% people sharing the spoilers. it's not a spoiler thread just for its name, right? bcs this forum has another place for discussing, so please refrain yourself for discussing too much or arguing in the spoiler thread. I’m not saying for people to not discuss in the spoiler thread, i didn't say that people shouldn't discuss in the spoiler thread, but at least do it moderately and respect other people's opinion. Thank you

Kumoshiro likes this.
  17. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    Lmfao and It got moved lol

Mods=Gods
    EsiGyChXEAE766F.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2021
  18. Pansy25

Pansy25 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Its quite interesting how I got here when the real troll who spammed the thread was still there terrorizing it.

Can we please ask the moderator to ban or suspend some trolls.

Some have the audacity to keep commenting and commenting spamming the spoiler threads to useless discussions. Yes she was suspended but she came back and started another debate in another thread.

Its not fair for people who are looking for spoilers. Only to find useless debates. We ask that these trolls to respect people's opinion and actually read people's comments aside from refraining from leaving insulting remarks. If not you cannot just banned them permanently at least suspend their account for even 6 months?

19. theilikepie

Reading List:
    Link
    So a troll is soemone who disagrees with you

Lol okay. Make your own safespace site with your own opinions then instea of trying to censor others

If anything your the one wh spamming the thread. 5 of your comments are just complaning about me and notning else. At least discuss something about the novel instead of whining about soemthing totally unrelated to the novel

Ignore button is right there btw

20. Kumoshiro

Reading List:
    Link
    Just a few questions.
    • What is the Novel Discussion forum for and what is the difference with Spoilers forum?
    • Why was the Novel Discussion forum and Spoilers forum created for?
    • Why people search for spoilers?
    I can't talk for others, but I visit the spoilers forum wanting to know how the story continue after reading the latest translated chapter of a novel or manga, not to get a debate out of it.

uniformjaniform likes this.