Spoiler I Want to Be You, Just For A Day

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by lazynoodles, Nov 9, 2019.

1. CollegeSuck

CollegeSuck Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All of these are my personal theory so feel free to correct me if I’m wrong. Psyche and Eros meet for the very first time in chapter 45 when they were younger. Psyche mentioned that it was the very first time she went outside in her life ( meaning she may have been locked up ever since she was born). Psyche must have been locked up in that room for several years. During that time, there is no guarantee that Eros was with her all the time after that. Eros may have met her during that night, but reunited with her years after. Also it seems like Eros didn’t know Psyche possess divine powers in their first meeting, he was cautious of her because she was covered in blood and his bodyguard only mention that she didn’t posses any weapons, none of them mention divine powers. We also don’t know much about Psyche’s past except some hints sooooo yeah, everything is a theory for now.

I maybe wrong about this. But remember how he said when Medea and him first meet together, he said how he can immediately see that Medea only saw him as a stepping stone ( or something like that). Eros like it when people bend to him and do what he likes them to do, in short be obedient to him. It’s why he looks so pleased when Medea dressed up exactly how he wants her to ( chapter 60). Pre- switching, Medea is really proud and never bend down to anyone. House Solon was also really prosperous before all of this, they are a powerful dukedom that have accomplished many things that benefit the empire. My theory is that he do all of these things so that they will become obedient to him, both Medea and House Solon are powerful and proud. But with all of these scandals happened, it’s obvious that they will weaken their influence and become more obedient to him. Eros think that if Medea lost her reputation and standing in society, she will become desperate to be able to become the crown princess again, even if it means that she will become obedient to him ( but of course Medea is better than that, she never bows to anyone).

I think his goal ,in the end, has always been putting Medea back to the crown princess spot. He likes Medea because of her brain and knows that with her, the empire will prosper even more. The only thing that bothers him is how arrogant Medea is and how she don’t see him as someone above her, so he did all of that in order to weaken her. And in the end, the crown prince will save the “villainess”because he is so kind and great, I think that’s the narrative he wants to push

Spoiler Alert

Yup, it’s confirmed that they switched again. Psyche was writing to inform Medea about the situation. Medea then came down to the dungeon to talk with the Countess and how she wants her to testify against her father. That picture with Eros being angry is when he come down to the dungeon to also talk with the countess right after Medea left. Sorry guys I don’t know how to put things in spoiler space, I keep trying but it doesn’t work:(

miso_soup, Jukki, Lilyworld and 3 others like this.
  2. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oooh thank u for confirmation... i just checked the other site as well who upload the complete ch. Now this can lead danger to Medea but i believe our girl will outsmart him if any case happens..

also regarding about Eros know abt Psyche power.... i think he knows since a little hence there’s a reason why she was being locked after the incidents when she almost killed ppl. And pretend to act like a savior who saved Psyche from the confinement... and he also have full power to command the Viscount Polly to locked her enough knowing she was so afraid with the basement.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  3. CollegeSuck

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, like everything has been smooth sailing for Medea. Except for a few hiccups like she fainted from poison or her living in the palace but all of that is solved for now. Even Medea is thinking that everything is going really smooth, but there’s also some kind of doubt too.Then bam, we have Eros just go straight to the Countess to talk. It makes you wonder if Eros is just pretending to be lead on like this or is he suspicious about something.

I also agree with that theory too. Eros might have found out about the divine power and u know, just control everything from behind the scene. Oh and did you see the sneak peek SAM post on her IG story about Psyche? I think the pre-order of volume 2 is next week so she post a sneak peek of Psyche’s past on her IG story.

4. mallekei

mallekei Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah that was gave me a thought a lot.... tho I dont ind for Eros and Medea having mind battle during this but again it’s obvious he didn’t aware with the switch going on unless he realized the odd that Psyche failed to be assassinated twice.

and aaah I didn’t check but now u mentioned it :blobcry: AAAH thank god we have more closure on Psyche past but i wld be haier if SAM included it to main story rather than... side ch....

Lilyworld likes this.
  5. CollegeSuck

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohhhhh right. Last time it was outside so there is a lot of possibility of someone saving Psyche. But this time the assassin try to kill Psyche in her room, where there is nothing that can save Psyche ( except for the sword, but Eros must have know that Psyche, who is just starting to learn swordsmanship, don’t have the skill to kill anyone yet). I don’t mind the mind battle between them, if anything it gives more tensions to the current arc and I like it. But the post of Eros is suspicious of things just make me uneasy.

Lilyworld likes this.
  6. Otakuotaku

Otakuotaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't understand everything i'm hate for eros.
    it only serves his interests exactly like Medea. if it were another kind of action type .. probably eros would be idolized.
    I honestly love eros because I read a lot of Korean and Japanese manga and I am a bit broken from the usual idiot prince or "kind hearted", now they are all the same.
    then the author made the story very interesting it differs from the classic cliche of the father who hates her daughter for reasons I said stupid .... but I don't exactly understand why her father has this fear of her

7. help_eros

help_eros Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Okay, but can we take just some time to admire Medea's savage comebacks. Like, legit...

CHAPTER 3: (Medea's monologue: How hilarious! They acted as if they would die for each other but now he can't even recognize her just because of one change.
    CHAPTER 8: Eros: Because of you I am reborn. Medea's monologue: Yet you couldn't recognize Psyche, even when she was right in front of you.
    CHAPTER 50: Perion: Did you research about me behind my back? Medea: No, it wasn't behind your back. Because I'm even telling you now.

CHAPTER 61: Medea: I swear to God that I will become your Crown Princess. Medea's monologue: That way, you will be betrayed the same way I was. Besides, God doesn't mean anything to me either.

CHAPTER 69: Duke Belial: If I had known that you were a demon, I would've never given birth to you. Medea: If I knew that you would be my father, then I would refuse to be born.

All hail our Queen, Medea. ;-;

8. Lilyworld

Lilyworld Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think he needed Psyche's power to reach her full potential which would only happen after she grew to an adult. I don't think he originally planned to marry Medea until he met her (Psyche in Medeas body) in "the incident" (you know what I'm talking about, I don't feel like mentioning it because) and decided that she was submisse enough to be his wife because he only wants a spouse who he can control. I think he orchestrated his whole scenario to kill two birds with one stone, 1. For Psyche's divine powers. If he just quietly had her killed, that could raise suspicion in the Temple.l, so he engaged her. It also gives him an excuse to monitor her to make sure nobody else knows of her powers, and 2. To break Medea's spirit. He wants to see Medea kneel before him to satisfy his god complex. If the Psyche and Medea never switched, Psyche would have died at the Banquet and Eros would have framed Medea for Psyche's death. She would have the threat of execution, because while killing a counts daughter probably wouldn't result in execution because Medea is a dukes daughter, killing a future crown princess is the crime of killing prospective ROYALTY. This another excuse for Eros to have more power over Medea. Then he probably would have offered to "save" her by engaging her. She would have become a puppet Empress, seemingly powerful but actually powerless and completely dependent on Eros (May I also mention that any relationship with Eros would be the definition of toxic and abusive?) If this Webtoon is a game of chess, then it's game over when Eros gets Psyche's powers.

Yeah, I really appreciate all the work SAM has done to make Eros and Medea's dad not your stereotypical villain. The antagonists are a major part of the story and they have motives, purposes, and a personality too. Eros might be detestable, but let's face it, without Eros the story would ... Um, not exist?? Also, I'm just gonna face the truth and admit that I am fascinated by ENTJ/INTJ mastermind antagonists and protagonists.

Btw, wouldn't it be cool if SAM made an alternate ending after she finishes the Webtoon showing what would have happened if the two girls never switched? Psyche would be dead at the Birthday Banquet assassination attempt, Eros would have her powers, Medea might be framed and executed by Eros OR the more likely option, she might become Crown Princess but be controlled by Eros. Perion would eventually be killed in one of Eros' schemes because he is a threat to Eros' power and claim to the throne. Helio would be killed by Eros so Medea could only depend on Eros (or if Medea was executed, Helio would kill himself.). Eros would poison the Emperor, his father, and become Emperor and Medea would be Empress (but a puppet Empress under the control of Eros). Medea would eventually discover that Eros killed Psyche, but it would be too late. Eros would have Psyche's divinity and Medea would be unable to oppose him unless she made a last-ditch attempt to steal the necklace and kill him which would probably fail. It would be disastrous.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  9. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It easy to like eros as a villain since he isn't pushed as a romantic interest

10. Laura_Unnie

Laura_Unnie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone give me a full summary(detailed or not) about the whole story? pls!
    DOES...blonde girl fall in love with white haired guy, purple haired girl will fall in love with CP, and then both of them regret it, for not being able switch to their own body, do they realize both girls have their own problems. And is the cp bad or good? Is their any romance in here?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  11. Lieutenant Myst

Lieutenant Myst Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Medea is the Queen of Sass and Tact. But at times, she can scare me

Lilyworld likes this.
  12. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No
    No
    For this reason NO
    YES
    obviously the prince is the antagonist
    if the manipulative relationship that Psyche and Eros had is considered romance. Then... no

synopsis:
    Lady Medea was the former fiancée of Prince Eros but she lost her position to the favorite daughter of the god Psyche. At first glance, Medea thinks that it was all Psyche's plan, but after an accident where the two exchange bodies, they discover that it was all a plan by Eros to steal Psyche's divine powers and blame Medea for this crime. Medea and Psyche will learn from each other and team up to defeat Eros, alongside them the faithful childhood friend Heli and the cardinal who has an antagonistic relationship with the church and eros.

13. DOHere

DOHere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Helio does like Medea. Although it's only one sided, I think it qualifies as romance tho

Laura_Unnie likes this.
  14. PossaSimon

PossaSimon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Helio's feelings count as romance, but the romance that she clearly refers to with the previous questions is not the one she is looking for it hahahaha:blobrofl:

Lilyworld and DOHere like this.
  15. Laura_Unnie

Laura_Unnie Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thankyou!

16. TimRiggins04

TimRiggins04 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For me all the hate Eros gets is understandable. After all this is not the typical story of 2 girls fighting against each other until the end for the prince. For the story to works it needs a ruthless prince.

Also, we don't know much of him. He barely has a pov. So far he looks like a psychopath with a lust of power. We don't know if he genuinely cares about someone or about his kingdom. He seems to care only about him. Medea has people she cares about and she wants to be love. Eros wants to be a God. I don't consider him a complex villain for now.

17. Khloud2003

Khloud2003 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 74 :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I think the trial will finally start soon :blobhighfive: , and Medea looks so gorgeous :blobnosebleed:

18. CollegeSuck

Reading List:
    Link
    Period appears again, with a very sexy look too:blobmelt:. Medea and Yialos’s visual are just “ chef’s kiss”. Honestly, if it wasn’t for the fact that Yialos is a jerk and Medea only wants power, they would have been a powerful couple. The art and the colors in this chapter is very beautiful:blobxd::blobxd::blobxd:

19. Ariess

Ariess Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh I love this, it's almost exactly like the panel where Medea was in Psyche's body and they hugged.

bristy_6, Lilyworld, Jukki and 3 others like this.
  20. banana_cat

banana_cat Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it just me or does Perion wear a lot of chest revealing outfits? Stop it Pel, I'm gonna have a nosebleed. Also, in the picture of Medea and Eros hugging, it reminds me of when they were hugging in chapter 4(i think) when Medea was in Psyche's body.