Spoiler Duchess of the Glass House

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by summer-162, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Riftan is a softie

Riftan is a softie Spoiler Hunter

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually El wasn’t 15 at that moment, it was 15 years later since he last saw his father (6 probably, when Reina die) so he is most likely 21+ at that time.

it seems like he found out bcs he watched his mother’s activities in the detached room using spirits fragments or smth like that.
    Edgar was confined in the detached house and lived a miserable life when they run out of food, he was forced to eat the grass in the garden, and no warm in winter. And using the spirits fragments, he witnessed how miserable Reina’s life was in that room until she died (it was the same way of how El found out about his mother), and he watched it everyday.

I’m pretty sure it was Edgar who reversed the time, bcs at the end of the flashback of his story, the naration said:
    ‘Everything was too late, but if he was to given another chance, he wanted to beg for forgiveness. El and Reina, to both of them.’. And actually he’s not as bastard as the manhwa pictured, it was Reina’s father doing. He’s the real trashy bastard, oh God I hate him so much, I’ll give a little spoiler about him if you guys want it.

2. roseO

roseO Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much!!! I really appreciate your spoilers.
    I would love to know how ML is not a piece of sh!t in the 1st timeline. I can't begin to imagine the mental gymnastics the author came up with to make him "come across" like trash while not actually being trash. And yes please, spoil about the father :blob_plusone::blob_plusone::blob_plusone:

Bella94, BananaChi, Nefroza and 2 others like this.
  3. Migrad

Migrad Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    thank you so much for spoiler!
    yes please. please spoil about the trash father, even if it will make our blood boil.

also may i ask on what chapter you read edgar flashback story? i want to read it in full HD :blobpopcorn_cool:

its0k likes this.
  4. Elvirgo

Elvirgo Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you very much for the spoilers:cookie: the manhwa was getting on my nerves by reading how miserable Reina was and how everything changed just because she wasn’t depressed anymore. I’m glad ML lived the same miserable life as Reina before even though it may sound cruel, also glad that Elle knew who was his real mother.
    If you could spoil us please about the trashy father doings and if you know what that bitch did in the past tl apart from what was shown in the manhwa.

5. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait who is Elle?

Svitlanak likes this.
  6. Riftan is a softie

Reading List:
    Link
    It’s FL’s son, Elle (El)

DOHere likes this.
  7. Souply

Souply Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    what happened to that piece of shit dad of the MC?

8. Riftan is a softie

Reading List:
    Link
    Edgar was born from the duke’s mistress when the duchess can’t conceive, she took Edgar’s mother to give birth to the successor, but after years she didn’t pregnant and instead the duchess who got pregnant first, unfortunately a month after that Edgar’s mother was pregnant so the duchess can’t chased her out of the mansion.

After Edgar oficially named as the legal son of the duke, so he and his step brother (who is older by one month) can be the heir as the next duke. But as his mother has a lower status than the duchess, he had no much power, and even the duchess tried to kill him so many times. He consumed poisoned food when he was five, he also can’t sleep soundly because of the assassins the duchess sent that can kill him anytime.

Bcs the duchess and her son hated and looked down on him so much all his life that he grew up to be an emotionless kid that can’t and don’t know how to feel emotions.

One day Reina’s father asked him to marry his daughter and he can make Edgar the Duke but with one condition ‘he can’t fall in love with her, he just need to leave her suffering alone’, at first Edgar rejected, but later on he had no choice but to accepted the offer bcs his supporters (the vassals who support him to be the next duke) died one by one (I don’t know if it’s Reina’s father’s doing or the duchess and his son) and he had to keep his promise to leave her alone.

At Reina’s labour time, he didn’t neglect her as the manhwa pictured, he checked on her condition by asking the maids who help her labour. Even he felt angry and wanted to cut down the midwife’s neck when she said that he should choose the baby or Reina if the things go wrong.

Edgar gave his baby’s name after Reina (Reina, El, in Hangul it has same character with first two letters of Reina’s name) but he told her that it was his ancestor’s name. And he took the child from her was because she was mentally unstable, and will give him back after she’s fine.

Unfortunately when he was going to give El back, the war broke out so he had to leave the mansion for 6 years and asked the servants to take a good care of the duchess. But at the time he back to the mansion, he found out that Reina was still confined and that El was so close to the bitch, so he went to visit Reina with a doctor and it was already too late (as we can see in manhwa version), and the emotionless Edgar felt stuffy and hurt watching her died.

When Edgar heard about Reina’s pregnancy, he was far away from home and the civil war broke out in the island. He felt excited but scared and worried at the same time, scared that the child will become like him (heartless, ig). He wanted to go home but the emperor called him and duke Vinoschit (Reina’s father) waited for him there and made things so that Edgar could not return. Edgar tried to persuade the duke to let him go and see his wife but that crazy father-in-law threatened him that he sent his man to Edgar’s mansion, so if Edgar failed his mission (I’m not sure about what mission is this), he will kill Reina and his unborn child, so he had no choice but to follow him.

AND, that shitty father was the one who brought the bitch back as a maid who will attend to Reina, but as Edgar already know her intention, he didn’t let her meet Reina.

Edgar met the duke in Reina’s funeral, asking,
    “Is this the end you wanted? Why are you even here? To satisfied yourself by seeing her dead by yourself? Are you satisfy now?”

And the trashy father said,
    “Well,,, since the long-time cursed had been broken, it is inded a little comfortable.”

How could a father say something like that to his own daughter?! Even death wouldn’t be the best punishment for him, I want him to suffering more than Reina :mad:

And that’s why I think ML is not as bad as the manhwa told us, tho ngl I kinda hate him a little for neglecting the FL, if he’s so busy with the war that he can’t go home once in a while, he can just send one of his men to check on her gradually to know her condition, how could he just leave like that FOR 6 F*CKN YEARS!! :cry:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  9. Sourwer.XDD

Sourwer.XDD Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The lion, the witch and the audacity of this betch. I want to give him very slow and extremely painful death.
    Poor Reina and ML. Both have their lives miserable through and through. No pain no gain :blobsad:

Bella94, jenny, Hualian20 and 17 others like this.
  10. its0k

its0k Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks so much for the spoilers!!!

I can't believe that it's the same person who was shown as a loving father in one of the first manhwa chapters. To change so much because of the imaginary curse. I hope we get more information about his change, because it doesn't make much sense. I guess MC's powers come from her mother's side as they were close to the royal family, so could it be that they are involved somehow in this story?

ML's whitewashing leaves me with mixed feelings. It's not like he didn't get a chance to talk to MC alone, they had private time to at least make El, so if he didn't hate her for anything couldn't he just tell her not to believe anything around her and tell that her father is scheming? At least give her a chance to fight instead of feeling lost and betrayed? I feel bad for him, but his childhood wasn't much more tragic than MC's, at least he had some supporters and he made a choice to fight the Duke position instead of running away, so he should have found ways to get more powerful.

Bella94, jenny, cjburaira and 25 others like this.
  11. nurul amelia

nurul amelia Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ugh dad FL is so disgusting, I hope he gets a much worse payback than what he has done FL!No regrets, I want him to suffer without any words of regret.

Bella94, DOHere, mia-chan and 5 others like this.
  12. raeeeda

raeeeda Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    someone spoil the fathers ending please i need some closure

jenny, Hualian20, Mikaa and 5 others like this.
  13. DarkBlueOcean

DarkBlueOcean Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you for the spoiler!!!!!!!

Before the showdown/rants/insults start, let's make it clear that this is fiction. No matter how justified any of your opinions(and insults) are, it doesn't matter!
    The plot is NOT gonna change. The biggest outcome would be a spoiler thread filled with pages of opinions and a rushed ending which is unfair to readers.

:blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused::blobconfused:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  14. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  15. chiri.ru

chiri.ru Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I can safely say ive gone through all stages BUT I keep coming from depression to acceptance, to depression, to acceptance and the cycle goes on. It being fiction comforts me so I suppose I just have this weird habit to imagine the drama too much.

SPOILERS I NEED:
    「?」possible 2nd ML? idk man I feel weird not having any 2nd ML at this sorta dramas. Need some, you know, spice on THAT side.
    「?」will the ML go out for the 6 years war again? Counting the theories of him reversing time. Ik It's impossible to stop war but how about the ex-fiance? Can he not prevent that from ever stepping inside the mansion? Given that he's kind of more showy in expressing his concern by the 2TL he's not that affected of the Duke's threat compared to 1TL..
    「?」MC power showcase!!! Please some nice spoilers about how MC proves herself and protects her child. Will it just be a sense of authority/superiority orrr will it be a live action!? :blob_coffee:

Mikaa, N. B, Nefroza and 1 other person like this.
  16. lembayung

lembayung Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Let say he is justified with his abuse and neglect (childhood trauma, trashy father in law, manipulative bitchy ex) but the fact that he can't even protect his wife in his own home even after being a Duke mean that he is so powerless, what the point of being a Duke then. The trope 'I'm being cruel to protect you' is totally a BS, like Florentia from 'I'll become the Lord' said 'a Love that is not expressed isn't love'. Whatever the reason, a wound would always remain, and words cut deeper than sword they said. If you don't have the power to protect your loved one, at least fight together, two is better than one.

And like Aria said in 'The Villainess Reversed the Hourglass', being manipulated by other doesn't make you blameless. Even though the devil whispered in your ear, what action you took upon it is your own choice so it's partially your fault, unless there is some magic brainwashing involved. Brain was there for a reason, bravo to Elliot from 'When I quit being I wicked Mom', he is just a boy, but he is a lot smarter than all those grown up ML with similar mommy issues.

And lastly before anyone complained that 'this is a spoiler thread so bring your discussion somewhere else', here I copy paste it from the Forum Rules : 'Discussion is allowed if it is related to the spoiled content'

17. theilikepie

theilikepie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This is a spo- nah I'm just kidding

But I do agree with you. Alot of peole think that MLs are children so its not there fault that they were manipulated

And its just that....if these peple In high position's can be so easily tricked maybe they shouldn't be In power yknow

18. RainRainDrop

RainRainDrop Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly,after reading all the spoilers I'm a bit conflicted towards ML.Like hes not completely to blame but he should still be blamed for some things he did so I dont really like him but I dont hate him.I mean he still could have helped the fl in some ways or at least informed her of the issues but he didnt.But I also agree with the above arguments like u knew ur ex wife was bad and sus so how did u get so easily swayed?Especially,since these manipulation tactics he should know, being in such a high position so its kinda odd.However we dont know what hes been through at the time mentally so maybe that might affect him in some way.

BUT I HATE THAT TRASH IF A FATHER.OMG I WISH SOMEONE GAVE HIM A PAINFUL DEATH HES THE TRUE DEMON IN ALL OF THIS.However, at the same time how on earth did his personality do such a 180.Like why does he blame her so much and how has he come to such a conclusion?Can someone explain why hes become so horrible,in detail,because ik it's because he blames the daughter for the wife's death but I need detail because he was clearly a caring father so how did he end up hating his child to such an extent.

19. Burnfavor1

Burnfavor1 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am starting to read the novel so ill update you guys. Ask any question you want to be answered.

I know this might make me sound heartless but I am honestly not that mad at the ML lead lol I pity both of them for letting the past paint their present and future. If we are giving the Fl grace for all that she has been through and how the way she was raised deeply affected her personality and choices.(we are READING from her PERSPECTIVE). We should do the same for the ML if the FL was born during the time women should be subservient, which affects the young girl's mind growth. Then we should know men from noble families ESPECIALLY are raised to be emotionally cold towards their family, to just work and avoid any "weak" emotions. "The traditional masculine characteristics associated with the representation of masculinity in society, often disadvantageous for men themselves and even can be dangerous for them." I am not saying that the blame is '50/50'. I think he deserves blame for the wrong he has done but we are just assuming, we don't actually know what happens it's all speculation. Also, I see this a lot but why is it that people can't let go of the wrong character as done in a previous timeline that they have not done in this timeline?

20. chileanywayssss

chileanywayssss Member

Reading List:
    Link
    ^ same because I genuinely don’t understand how he hates his daughter so much but not his son, when their mother died protecting HIM!! Makes no type of sense to me. And about ML, like yes there were external factors and other people messing things up but that doesn’t excuse what he did. I understand that being forced into a marriage just cuz u gave some advice is terrible, but that doesn’t justify taking her child away, letting their son be basically raised by the woman he supposedly knew MC’s father sent with bad intentions, and not letting her see him UNTIL HER LAST BREATH! Definitely need more spoilers

Bella94, Minaeli, DOHere and 10 others like this.